PDA

View Full Version : Mafia XXX Game Thread - DESPAIR!!! At Hope's Peak Academy!

Pages : [1] 2

[M] Mom – Host
04-19-2017, 09:23 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/32483a87844c9d9c20bca5e824e93785/tumblr_inline_mrado2fkAV1qz4rgp.png
Why hello there, my dear students! My name is Monokuma and I am your Headmaster! Welcome to Hope's Peak Academy! A place where only those with an incredible talent can apply! You are all so good at what you do that we call you Ultimates!

Buuuuuuut just having you around messing around is booooriiiiiiing! Let's shake things up a notch! It's time to start the-

HEART-POUNDING ULTIMATE DESPAIR KILLING GAME!!!

The game is pretty simple! Among you hopefuls are a number of double agents - my own personal puppets known as Ultimate Despair! They will be doing their very best to eliminate you while remaining covert! So there's gonna be lots and lots of murdering!

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/murderseries/images/6/60/Monokuma.png/revision/latest?cb=20150224234432

There better be, or otherwise this bear will get cranky!

But where's the fun in them killing you without you putting up a fight! You can try to stop them by voting on who gets lynched! At the end of every Day - or Class Trial, as I like to call them - the person with the most votes on them gets killed! Puhuhuhuhu!

http://68.media.tumblr.com/452f30969431cac94d91afe1bcdae2db/tumblr_inline_o1wwzmsTPl1syngqo_500.png

No! Wait! If we all just stick together, no one has to die!

https://33.media.tumblr.com/b3ffb9b7be754288c96639a4a523beff/tumblr_inline_mr6pn2shJA1qz4rgp.png

Shut up, Monomi!

https://68.media.tumblr.com/814122ed533ec7930899253468e4f53c/tumblr_inline_mrbx8yC2Lp1qz4rgp.png

*sobs*

http://media.tumblr.com/32483a87844c9d9c20bca5e824e93785/tumblr_inline_mrado2fkAV1qz4rgp.png

Now then, as I was saying, the person with the most votes on their head by the end of the day gets lynched! And they're gone! Bada-bing, bada-boom - eliminated! Deceased! KERPLUNK! Class trials take 48 hours, and I'll be posting a summary at halftime. Oh yeah, they also die if a majority vote is reached earlier. So if there's 14 of you and 8 people decide they want to lynch someone, that person gets lynched, and the class trial is over! No takesies-backsies! Once someone dies, no matter how, I reveal their role, alignment, and player identity.

You keeping up? Good! After the Class Trial ends, Nighttime begins! During Nighttime, you cannot talk in the Game Thread. YOU MUST SLEEP! No conspiring! Unless you are Ultimate Despair - that's when you talk, but in a way that no one can hear you! If you have a night ability, you communicate to me who you want to use it on - just make sure you do it PRIVATELY, ya dingus!

OOOOH! ALSO! I ALMOST FORGOT! I am Monokuma, your Headmaster - and therefore, I make the rules! You listen to everything I say! In simple terms, every Class Trial has a special Daily Rule that you must obey. If you don't - you die. You just die. It's the end of the road for you, sonny, and you can go no mo. Buh-bye! SO! Play nice, a'ight.

Now let's take a look at our wonderful contestants!

Sonia Nevermind, the Ultimate Princess

http://68.media.tumblr.com/a946817585c151dd382a814195468ea0/tumblr_inline_mlhf3sVlvv1qz4rgp.png

Gundham Tanaka, the Ultimate Breeder

http://68.media.tumblr.com/4a2591b399eb4bd8cc486db1c1339665/tumblr_inline_mlhfuaeTfJ1qz4rgp.png

Sakura Ogami, the Ultimate Martial Artist

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/danganronpa/images/2/2b/Sakura_Ogami.png/revision/latest?cb=20170228015139

Nagito Komaeda, the Ultimate Lucky Student

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/danganronpa/images/0/00/Nagitokomaeda.png/revision/latest?cb=20150823023614

Yasuhiro Hagakure, the Ultimate Clairvoyant

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/danganronpa/images/8/87/Hagakure_transparent.png/revision/latest?cb=20161016021913

Deceased Students:

Mahiru Koizumi, the Ultimate Photographer (Freya)
Leon Kuwata, the Ultimate Baseball Star (Scruffington)
Teruteru Hanamura, the Ultimate Cook (The Summoner of Leviathan)
Ibuki Mioda, the Ultimate Musician (Bubba)
Byakuya Togami, the Ultimate Affluent Progeny (Citizen Bleys)
Kyoko Kirigiri, the Ultimate Detective (KleinerKiller)
Celestia Ludenberg, the Ultimate Gambler (Laddy)
Nekomaru Nidai, the Ultimate Team Manager (FFNut)
Chiaki Nanami, the Ultimate Gamer (Pumpkin)

Here's a list of roles which mmmmmmmay or may not be in play! Who knows! I'm also not telling how many there are of each or which one is aligned with which side - I want you smart little prodigies you to figure it out on your own!

- Godfather - will always come up as Vanilla Hope's Peak Academy Student when killed
- Goon - can kill at Nighttime
- Roleblocker - can block another player's night action
- Tracker - can determine who the player is targeting with their action, as well as who is targetting them. No specifics regarding what action is being performed, however
- Vengeful Spirit - upon being lynched, they place a Grudge on one of the people who voted for them, ensuring that they will wake up dead in the morning!
- Doctor - protects a player from being killed by Ultimate Despair
- Cop - can determine a player's alignment and ability

Of course, we need to clarify some technical details! Do make this all easier for myself and your kind selves as well. If you want to vote for someone, simply type, in bold:

[##Vote: *character name]

If you change your mind and don't want to vote for them, you can always type:

[##Unvote: *character name]

And if you don't want to vote for anyone, you can always:

[##Vote: No Lynch]

Always use these tags! Otherwise, your vote will just not be counted. At all. So make sure your voice is heard!

And so, without further ado, it's time to commence...

CLASS TRIAL #1!!!

You have 48 hours to discuss and strategize to your heart's content
Use the appropriate tags to cast your votes
You will be reminded after 24 hours that you're halfway done
If a majority vote is reached earlier, the day ends immediately and you can no longer post
Yes, self-voting is allowed

SUPER SPECIAL DAILY RULE!

Let's start the first class trial with something easy! Say hello! You must post at least one post in the Game Thread before the first Class Trial ends. Otherwise, you will be eliminated!

Have fun, everybody! Puhuhuhuhuhu! GAHAHAHAHAHA!

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-19-2017, 09:30 PM
Um, hello everyone! I'm Chiaki Nanami, and I hope we can all work together to defeat the Ultimate Despair!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-19-2017, 09:36 PM
Hello everyone! Ultimate Princess Sonia from the Kingdom of Novoselic, pleased to make your acquaintance.

[M] D'Anna
04-19-2017, 09:40 PM
Hello! My name is Nagito Komaeda, and I'm the Ultimate Lucky Student.

This is certainly a despair-filled situation, but that's okay. People like you guys with such amazing talents can surely overcome this! Let's work together to create the Ultimate Hope!

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
04-19-2017, 10:28 PM
Hello! I am Ibuki Mioda, the Ultimate Musician!

I am confident we can tear these Ultimate Despair fiends a new a-hole. While we do this, I will serenade us all with some of my beautiful compositions :p

[M] Aaron
04-19-2017, 10:55 PM
So much talk of hope from such pathetic human beings. There's no need for hope when one has been granted evil powers from the underworld. My Four Dark Devas of Destruction and I shall eliminate the enemy post haste!

[M] Al - Biker Dad
04-19-2017, 11:01 PM
Hello. My name is Kyoko Kirigiri, and I am the Ultimate Detective.

This is a horrible situation, and it seems inevitable that some of us will fall, but let me be clear: as long as we remain calm, stay united, and use our heads, the Ultimate Despairs can and will be struck down. I beg you not to prove me wrong.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Sir Monokuma, I have a question:

In your opening description, you said the Godfather will always flag as a Hope's Peak Academy student when killed. Does that mean investigations by police officials will work as intended? Will a Godfather flag as guilty?

I only ask because in my experience a Godfather will be revealed as such upon their death. What changes is that investigations will flag as innocent.

Just checking to make sure I have a grasp of the rules.

[M] Eizen
04-20-2017, 12:18 AM
Hey peoples. Yasuhiro's the name. I hope myself and my crystal ball can help us find the evil, double agents in our midst. Peace and Unity.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-20-2017, 12:56 AM
Hi, I'm some guy with a name I can barely pronounce, and I'm here to do stuff.

[M] Dee
04-20-2017, 04:10 AM
This is Wunderbar, everyone. Ve wish endeavor to kill the terrible villainy has made Hope's Peak their home. Hov are you?

[M] Dee
04-20-2017, 04:25 AM
Also, Guten Tag.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-20-2017, 04:58 AM
Oh my, hello Celeste. I thought you were French? http://i.imgur.com/djJjW2o.png

[M] Mom – Host
04-20-2017, 05:37 AM
Sonia;3661282']Sir Monokuma, I have a question:

In your opening description, you said the Godfather will always flag as a Hope's Peak Academy student when killed. Does that mean investigations by police officials will work as intended? Will a Godfather flag as guilty?

I only ask because in my experience a Godfather will be revealed as such upon their death. What changes is that investigations will flag as innocent.

Just checking to make sure I have a grasp of the rules.

Excellent question, your Princessship!

The Godfather is a role that allows them to fool most people. They are a master of deception! That is why, in the even that they get lynched, they will be announced to everyone at large to be a regular Hope's Peak Academy Student!

However! Some of you have skills that could potentially give you a clue or even outright state someone's identity (e.g. Cop, Tracker) - these cannot be fooled and will always yield a 100% accurate result!

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-20-2017, 05:50 AM
HELLO EVERYBODY! I am your Ultimate TEAM MANAGER! Who will destroy Ultimate Despair? WE WILL!

[M] Mom – Host
04-20-2017, 05:56 AM
GAAAH! I forgot to mention one very important little detail!!

DO NOT EDIT POSTS IN THIS THREAD!! YOU WILL DIE!!!

And that was Monokuma's beary special PSA to you all!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-20-2017, 06:57 AM
Hello everyone,

Just to let you know that I will be working my royal duties for the next nine hours. A royal's work is never over, even in the face of despair.

I will be back in the evening and ready to fight the despair!

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Chiaki;3661303']Oh my, hello Celeste. I thought you were French? http://i.imgur.com/djJjW2o.png

Can't be, she just spoke German without surrendering.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-20-2017, 02:15 PM
I'm the ultimate photographer *click click*.

The special rule is interesting. I wonder what kind of crazy rules Monokuma will come up with each day!

[M] Dee
04-20-2017, 06:25 PM
I vonder vhat the Special Rules will do in this game. Vho has yet to post in the thread?

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-20-2017, 07:03 PM
Hello, everybody. Anyone fancy one of my protein bars? I've got some protein coffee as well, if you'd to try it. Great to drink before a tough workout!

[M] Mom – Host
04-20-2017, 07:04 PM
NO ONE GETS TO EAT UNTIL SOMEONE GETS LYNCHED!!!

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-20-2017, 07:13 PM
Threaten me or my friends again, bear. See what happens. :stare:

[M] Mom – Host
04-20-2017, 07:18 PM
Puhuhuhu! Someone's forgetting her place!

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-20-2017, 07:26 PM
Hey, if you think you can take me, bring it on. I don't fancy your chances with those tiny little T-Rec arms, though. Do you even lift, bear?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-20-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm back from my Princessly duties. There's only so many babies to kiss in the world! I am surprised that this game is moving at a rather sedentary pace. To my knowledge, Leon Kuwata and Teruteru Hanamura have not arrived into class this morning.

Maybe these guys are sick!

[M] Al - Biker Dad
04-20-2017, 07:34 PM
The absence of Leon and Teruteru is... concerning, I admit. But we shouldn't worry yet.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-20-2017, 07:40 PM
It is worth keeping in the back of one's mind, but I agree. It is still the first half of the trial. Maybe they forgot to set their alarm! I mean it is so easy for me, I have my manservant Jeeves bring me a moist towelette and an ounce of caviar each morning at 6:00 sharp. Imagine not having that cool refreshing dab of water to wake you up. Or a manservant.

More concerning for me personally are the people present who are not saying very much. We need a topic to centre discussion around and observe what happens. I wonder what that topic might be...

... what are everyone's thoughts on no lynching?

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-20-2017, 07:45 PM
Meh. It might be worthwhile to no lynch first day if there are no good lynch candidates. Too early to say.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-20-2017, 07:49 PM
To answer my own question (how terribly impolite of me!):

I am personally in favour of no-lynching provided that at the end of discussion this class trial, no suspects arise, though hopefully through able discussion that likelihood shouldn't arise. How I see it, there should be no hard-and-fast rule on whether no lynch is beneficial or not. It simply varies trial by trial, semester by semester.

I will say no lynching is not as beneficial here as in smaller class sizes, because one mis-execution in a small class size can drastically affect the school's survival, while in a larger class size such as in this case, an accidental mis-executions (which should be avoided, of course) is not the game-ender it might be.

Of course, what will help avoid mis-executions is by people talking about the class trial and the students within it.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Depends on the situation usually. I don't think it's an instant tell for nefarious deeds like others have stated in past games. Usually, to me, that's a reach.

Really it depends on the flow of the game and size and conditions and and and. All the variables!

[M] Aaron
04-20-2017, 07:55 PM
I'm categorically against no-lynch on day one. Just can't see that being a good idea for the class.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-20-2017, 07:56 PM
So far I really can't get a vibe off anyone as of yet because there hasn't been too much discussed. Mostly it's just been checking in posts. We're almost at the half way point and it's been pretty hush hush around here

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-20-2017, 07:57 PM
Gundham;3661362']I'm categorically against no-lynch on day one. Just can't see that being a good idea for the class.

Care to clarify why?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-20-2017, 07:59 PM
....So it seems two people have not arrived yet, am I correct?

I think we should hold off on lynching until they arrive. If Monokuma kills them off for breaking the rules, we might be down two allies right off the bat.

[M] Mom – Host
04-20-2017, 08:02 PM
HEY now, I'm not gonna kill nobody! I'm just saying something will happen to them that will cause them to die! Big difference!

[M] Aaron
04-20-2017, 08:04 PM
Same reasons most people consider it bad: you're not taking a shot at mafia, you kind of kill discussion if no one is under threat, and you'll (probably) never have a point in the game where it's safer to lynch (well, unless you lynch a mafia day one and the doc manages to save night one. Then I guess lynch on day 2 is even safer since you've gained ground). The downsides to a bad lynch are much less now than they would be later basically.

I guess I could see how trying to limit the town deaths to one on day one might be desirable, but I'm generally against plays that are safe for the sake of being safe. If it's do or die and the safe play is actually the best option then sure, but not right now.

[M] Aaron
04-20-2017, 08:06 PM
Chiaki does make a good point about the people still missing though. If they don't show then a bad lynch will be very dangerous obviously so I'm holding off on voting anyone yet.

Whoever this damn bear is he's an asshole.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Gundham;3661368']Same reasons most people consider it bad: you're not taking a shot at mafia, you kind of kill discussion if no one is under threat, and you'll (probably) never have a point in the game where it's safer to lynch (well, unless you lynch a mafia day one and the doc manages to save night one. Then I guess lynch on day 2 is even safer since you've gained ground). The downsides to a bad lynch are much less now than they would be later basically.

I guess I could see how trying to limit the town deaths to one on day one might be desirable, but I'm generally against plays that are safe for the sake of being safe. If it's do or die and the safe play is actually the best option then sure, but not right now.

I understand what your saying but on day one your probability of guessing wrong is way higher than later. So if you lynch and are wrong your chances of aiding the other team is statistically higher. So if there are only say 2 or 3 bad students then you have a 2/14 chance of getting it right.

I dunno to me, a day one no lynch isn't a bad option for the town if it seems like there are no glaring candidates.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-20-2017, 08:17 PM
Monokuma;3661346']NO ONE GETS TO EAT UNTIL SOMEONE GETS LYNCHED!!!

Speak for yourself. I have secret pizza.

There's a simpler reason why no lynching is always, always, always a bad idea : It cedes control of the game to the Mafia. If the scum can choose who to go into LyLo with, guess what? LyLo is going to be populated with scum and the scummiest townies. Each surviving townie will have no idea who to vote for because everyone looks like scum.

Theoretically, each phase in a game with no power roles, town lynches the scummiest looking player, and scum shoots the towniest. With that method, if the game does reach LyLo, it's going to be a LyLo with the towniest possible players surviving that the town can manage, which makes it easier to pick out who the scum are.

Yes, power roles can change things, but the basic idea of Mafia is still core to the game. No Lynches, anywhere except in MyLo or with a game-breaking strategy like Follow the Cop (with a claimed cop and the certainty there is a doc), are incredibly antitown and should never, ever, ever be allowed.

[M] Aaron
04-20-2017, 08:18 PM
Yeah, with a big game the odds swing a bit more in favour of the enemy than for us, but it's still relatively safe in my eyes simply because of the large numbers involved making the penalty for a bad lynch numerically less significant. Plus, like I said, I don't care for safe plays this early in general. I like to come out swinging but I may have aggression issues :exdee:. But I generally want a candidate to at least sort of jump out at me. So far no one has since things are moving so slowly. And I do fully agree with you on what happens if the two missing folks don't show up. That would make a lynch so undesirable it's not even funny.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Byakuya;3661374']
Monokuma;3661346']NO ONE GETS TO EAT UNTIL SOMEONE GETS LYNCHED!!!

Speak for yourself. I have secret pizza.

There's a simpler reason why no lynching is always, always, always a bad idea : It cedes control of the game to the Mafia. If the scum can choose who to go into LyLo with, guess what? LyLo is going to be populated with scum and the scummiest townies. Each surviving townie will have no idea who to vote for because everyone looks like scum.

Theoretically, each phase in a game with no power roles, town lynches the scummiest looking player, and scum shoots the towniest. With that method, if the game does reach LyLo, it's going to be a LyLo with the towniest possible players surviving that the town can manage, which makes it easier to pick out who the scum are.

Yes, power roles can change things, but the basic idea of Mafia is still core to the game. No Lynches, anywhere except in MyLo or with a game-breaking strategy like Follow the Cop (with a claimed cop and the certainty there is a doc), are incredibly antitown and should never, ever, ever be allowed.

Mountainous game? Is this term some meta thing from some other place?

I think this is a reach. Again. It isn't putting the hands of the game into mafia. You still have more town than mafia. If your solution to the game is to get rid of all the players that aren't the most "towniest" looking than you could end up hurting the town more so. Sacrificing less town seeming players, in your eyes, seems like a bad idea. Some scum look very townish. Some roles can look very suspicious too depending.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Mahiru;3661376']
Mountainous game? Is this term some meta thing from some other place?

I think this is a reach. Again. It isn't putting the hands of the game into mafia. You still have more town than mafia. If your solution to the game is to get rid of all the players that aren't the most "towniest" looking than you could end up hurting the town more so. Sacrificing less town seeming players, in your eyes, seems like a bad idea. Some scum look very townish. Some roles can look very suspicious too depending.

Yes, which is why the term "mountainous game" is clickable to reveal the definition.

You're missing the point -- getting rid of scummy-looking players isn't a one-and-done path to victory, it's a path to not letting scum pick who get into lylo unilaterally. If scum control who makes it to endgame, they will win in endgame.

That's without even considering that the lynch is the town's only weapon. If you don't lynch, how do you get rid of scum? Leave out lots of pills and try to make them feel really guilty?

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Lynching absolutely isn't the towns only weapon. Discussion is probably one of hte most important ones.

and

Please don't apply meta-gameplay terms or conditions from other places to EoFF. We have a lot of new people who haven't really played or only played one or two games here. So the meta doesn't really apply. So what may work in a place that has an establish Mafia community, that isn't the same here. Best to just take EoFF for EoFF and not apply other sites gameplay to it.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-20-2017, 08:53 PM
I thought we did have power roles? Are power roles not the roles like cop and doctor? I imagine they can help us without us having to blindly kill our fellow classmates. Especially when we are approaching halftime and two people are still MIA. I suppose we can hope at least one of the is Ultimate Despair, but the chances of that are slim enough.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-20-2017, 08:55 PM
Here's a list of roles which mmmmmmmay or may not be in play! Who knows! I'm also not telling how many there are of each or which one is aligned with which side - I want you smart little prodigies you to figure it out on your own!

- Godfather - will always come up as Vanilla Hope's Peak Academy Student when killed
- Goon - can kill at Nighttime
- Roleblocker - can block another player's night action
- Tracker - can determine who the player is targeting with their action, as well as who is targetting them. No specifics regarding what action is being performed, however
- Vengeful Spirit - upon being lynched, they place a Grudge on one of the people who voted for them, ensuring that they will wake up dead in the morning!
- Doctor - protects a player from being killed by Ultimate Despair
- Cop - can determine a player's alignment and ability

Here's the possible roles in play. They may not be there but this is what COULD be there.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-20-2017, 08:57 PM
It's still the game of Mafia. The same logic applies no matter where the game is being played, and "mountainous" is a Mafia term, it is not specific to any site any more than MyLo or LyLo.

I'm not trying to intimidate anyone with terminology, which is why I use spoilers when I need a term that I haven't seen here before, but if I can't discuss the game for fear of using a word that maybe someone hasn't used before, I can't exactly play Mafia.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-20-2017, 09:00 PM
I've never heard it used before and I've played this game for nearly a decade.... soo.....

Maybe instead of using whatever vernacular you've picked up somewhere, just explain it? Instead of saying "mountainous set up" and spoilering it, just say in a game with no power roles.

The meta commentary is unnecessary and distracting.

If you can't play the game without throwing out random terms instead of actually explaining yourself than yeah, this game wont go well for you.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
04-20-2017, 09:19 PM
[##Vote: Ibuki]

Might as well get this started.

[M] Mom – Host
04-20-2017, 09:35 PM
HALFTIME

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/horadeaventura/images/3/3e/Monokuma_Monitor.png/revision/latest?cb=20160805045922&path-prefix=es

Well well well! Looks like things are finally heating up! Still, you guys'd better pick up the pace, or you'll be needing to bear with a very cranky... uh, bear, I guess!

To some up the firstborn 24 hours of our class trial!

Teruteru Hanamura is the only one not to say hello yet and may be eliminated if he posts nothing within the upcoming 24 hours
You have 24 hours left to discuss
The only vote so far has been cast by Leon - he voted for Ibuki!

Votes so far:

Ibuki - 1 (Leon)

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-20-2017, 09:37 PM
Oh dear, Ibuki did indeed post and I glanced right over it. I'm sorry Ibuki!

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
04-20-2017, 09:52 PM
Like Ibuki, 3 other players all have one post so far: Yasuhiro, Nekomaru and Nagito.

We'll see if this trend continues.

[M] Caprica
04-21-2017, 12:51 AM
Hey everyone! I hope you are hungry because I am making some delicious sausage for y'all! ;)

Sorry about being late, things got heated in the kitchen!

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-21-2017, 12:57 AM
Leon;3661399']Like Ibuki, 3 other players all have one post so far: Yasuhiro, Nekomaru and Nagito.

I HAVE JUST BEEN REAL LIFE BUSY AND just CAUGHT UP on the THREAD! However there really hasn't been any tells I can see from anyone.

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-21-2017, 01:05 AM
I will say I don't like the No Lynch option to me it feels like we are giving the mafia a free kill. That being said I don't see a clear vote from my end yet. I think everyone is playing rather cautiously.

[M] Aaron
04-21-2017, 01:14 AM
Nekomaru;3661417']
Leon;3661399']Like Ibuki, 3 other players all have one post so far: Yasuhiro, Nekomaru and Nagito.

I HAVE JUST BEEN REAL LIFE BUSY AND just CAUGHT UP on the THREAD! However there really hasn't been any tells I can see from anyone.

Well thanks for clearing that up. I have precisely zero suspicion of you which I'm sure Byakuya would 100% agree that this is the case and you're 100% above board. I mean you're not the sort who would see suspicion in a whole lot of nothing would you? Or am I not meta enough for you?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-21-2017, 01:30 AM
Now that everyone is present and accounted for, what's the next step?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
04-21-2017, 02:41 AM
I, for one, am taking Mahiru's stance. I can't justify lynching anyone on the very first day, and never have in previous versions of this game. The risks for shooting ourselves in the foot simply outweigh the potential odds of eliminating a killer. I may retract or change it if something convinces me to within the remaining time, but until then:

[##Vote: No Lynch]

[M] Dee
04-21-2017, 04:29 AM
Vouldn't it make sense to target someone inactive instead of No Lynching since they vould die regardless?

[M] Mom – Host
04-21-2017, 04:54 AM
Hmph. Looks like everyone's accounted for. How... tragic.

[M] Dee
04-21-2017, 05:16 AM
Vell, never mind. I was mistaken there vere those vho vere still inactive.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Gundham;3661419']which I'm sure Byakuya would 100% agree that this is the case and you're 100% above board.

What.

[M] D'Anna
04-21-2017, 11:22 AM
I'm sorry, I was too stunned just watching you all to speak. Truly, you are the Ultimates chosen by Hope's Peak, what amazing talents you all have!

As for what to do today, I'm sure you guys' judgment will lead us to the best possible result. If you care for the thoughts of someone like me, I'd say it should be in our best interest to gather information before we even come to the question of whether or not to lynch. If you have any suspicions, even if they're vague, speak up, it will only help the flow and exchange of ideas.

Or, if you want, I can give my own talent a shot and point at someone at random. Haha, it would be nice to actually be useful somehow for a change.

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-21-2017, 11:41 AM
So after re-reading the thread the only thing that sticks out to me was the lone vote. The reason for the vote was I think to stir the pot and get conversation started only. It wasn't overly specified that was the case though and seemed to just vote for the sake of voting. No real thought put into it. Was wondering if Leon could go into more detail why he voted the way he did. Are we missing something he picked up on?

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-21-2017, 11:55 AM
It was Leon's first post, just a vote. His second post is saying how others have just one post. Pointing fingers from himself. It is what stuck out the most to me right now.

[M] Mom – Host
04-21-2017, 12:12 PM
9 hours left!

[M] Mom – Host
04-21-2017, 04:36 PM
So I thought maybe you should know that if there's a tie by the end of the day, the result is determined by a coin toss. Are you guys really ballet enough to leave that to fate?

[M] D'Anna
04-21-2017, 04:45 PM
That sounds like a great idea to me! Winning coin tosses is the one thing I'm good at.

[M] Eizen
04-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Man oh man, I've been meditating and consulting my crystal ball, but I can't get a read on anyone. Your vibes are all, like, minimal suspicious right now. Maybe it's cuz I'm hungry. If I make a plate of nachos, anyone wanna nosh 'em with me?

[M] Mom – Host
04-21-2017, 05:30 PM
NO ONE GETS TO EAT UNTIL SOMEONE GETS LYNCHED!!!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Hello everyone again! Apologies for my short absence today, I was once again performing royal duties on behalf of the Kingdom of Novoselic, opening a new art gallery. I cut a ribbon today. What a thrill.

The lack of discussion among the class is disturbing. I know we aren't usually allowed to speak up during class unless asked a question, but this is a rather different situation and it seems to me like we are spinning our wheels without getting much traction. I'm sure the enemy would love for us to wallow in Ultimate Despair and say nothing. I'm slightly suspicious of those who have barely contributed.

Nagito;3661456']I'm sorry, I was too stunned just watching you all to speak. Truly, you are the Ultimates chosen by Hope's Peak, what amazing talents you all have!

As for what to do today, I'm sure you guys' judgment will lead us to the best possible result. If you care for the thoughts of someone like me, I'd say it should be in our best interest to gather information before we even come to the question of whether or not to lynch. If you have any suspicions, even if they're vague, speak up, it will only help the flow and exchange of ideas.

Or, if you want, I can give my own talent a shot and point at someone at random. Haha, it would be nice to actually be useful somehow for a change.

But I am also suspicious of those who seem to contribute without actually doing anything. I found this post by Nagito suspicious. "I'm sure you guys' judgment will lead us to the best possible result" sounds very passive. Surely everyone should be contributing in class? He does offer up his own advice afterwards, which is nice, which amounts to "we should gather information", but then proceeds to take no action in gathering information.

This has also been his only post since his introductory hello. I find actions running counter to belief to be suspicious, or at least a good starting point, so for now:

[##Vote: Nagito]

[M] Mom – Host
04-21-2017, 05:46 PM
Bzzt! Wrong. He posted at least once more!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Oh, my goodness! Apologies, Nagito!

But that post does nothing to convince me away from my overall point though.

[M] Eizen
04-21-2017, 05:56 PM
Monokuma;3661481']NO ONE GETS TO EAT UNTIL SOMEONE GETS LYNCHED!!!

http://68.media.tumblr.com/afc74bcec1cc0917b8798df0135b65c9/tumblr_inline_mlma1qlLaV1qz4rgp.png

Changed my mind, man. I know one energy source in here that's got major negative vibes.

[M] D'Anna
04-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Haha, to think that someone like you, the Ultimate Princess, would give me this much attention. I am truly honored! And on top of that you think trash like me is qualified to make decisions on the same level as you.

Well then allow me to turn towards our resident Ultimate Gambler for a second. According to what Chiaki said, you are French and yet capable of speaking German? Incredible! I cannot believe I am allowed to be in presence of such talent! However, if you will allow me a question... what was your intent behind this comment here?

Vouldn't it make sense to target someone inactive instead of No Lynching since they vould die regardless?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Monokuma;3661481']NO ONE GETS TO EAT UNTIL SOMEONE GETS LYNCHED!!!

Reminder: I have secret pizza

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-21-2017, 07:09 PM
I am reluctant to point a finger at anyone at this point. We have a large class and I don't think it's a good idea to blindly kill people. These are our classmates we're talking about.

The suspicion I have so far is Leon, because of how quickly he voted someone off. Especially since he seemed to know Ibuki did post and I was mistaken that she didn't. I thought at first that she would be killed by Monokuma for not saying hello and he said "Let's get this over with" or something to that effect and I thought he was saying that she should be voted off because she would be killed off anyway. Yet, his next post he seemed to be fully aware that she had posted, so I'm not sure what his motivations for voting her could be?

This is all my interpretation though and I could be misunderstanding the situation. I don't want to go blindly accusing anyone until they've had a chance to clear up any misunderstandings!

[M] Mom – Host
04-21-2017, 07:55 PM
One hour left! The official votes so far are pretty scattered. If nothing changes, I will end up having to toss a coin!

[M] Mom – Host
04-21-2017, 08:13 PM
You guys are really feelin' this, aren't you!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-21-2017, 08:23 PM
Monokuma;3661506']You guys are really feelin' this, aren't you!

After years of injections containing muscle-stiffening agents to maintain a proper royal posture, I don't feel much of anything actually.

[M] D'Anna
04-21-2017, 08:52 PM
Well, might as well give this a shot. Let's see if my talent is truly worthless or whether it does have some merit to it.

*flips a few coins*

[##Vote: Chiaki]

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-21-2017, 08:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rg4f0Tg.png?1

Oh dear, I think your luck may not have been on your side this time. I suppose I could vote for Leon to save myself but I do not know if I could send someone to death without evidence just to save myself.

However, I believe I can be a benefit to this class. This is a tough decision but I think I will have to do what I think will be best.

[##Vote: Leon]

I hope I have made the right choice

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-21-2017, 09:14 PM
Sir Monokuma, is time up now? I am anxious to hear the result of the class trial.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Wow, things really heated up whilst I was busy working out. For me, there's no clear candidates, so I'm not going to vote in today's trual.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-21-2017, 09:22 PM
I just want to point out that some of the people who were leaning towards No Lynch ended up voting rather randomly on hunches.

I wish we talked more during the day, everyone. Then we would have avoided this mass guessing that is occurring now. I just hope we strike it lucky.

[M] Mom – Host
04-21-2017, 09:30 PM
END OF CLASS TRIAL

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/horadeaventura/images/3/3e/Monokuma_Monitor.png/revision/latest?cb=20160805045922&path-prefix=es

And we're done for the day! Don't touch that dial though - the results of class trial #1 will be announced shortly! Any votes posted after this post will not be counted!

[M] Mom – Host
04-21-2017, 09:43 PM
Let's see... five people - out of fourteen(!) - cast votes. Looks like all of you are trying to be Ultimate gamblers now, eh? To add insult to injury, no two people voted the same! Talk about potentially shooting yourself in the foot here!

[Guys, I need your A-game here. Seriously.]

No Lynch - 1 (Kyoko)
Ibuki - 1 (Leon)
Nagito - 1 (Sonia)
Chiaki - 1 (Nagito)
Leon - 1 (Chiaki)

As per the ancient custom, I shall now rollback a 20-sided dice to solve this conundrum!

*rolls a 1*

GAHH! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! THIS IS SOME SERIOUS BULLSH-

Ahem. The trial result for today I see No Lynch. (lucky bastards)

This means that it's now...

NIGHTTIME

Quick reminder that talking in the game thread is forbidden at nighttime. You have 24 hours to PM me your night action if you have one.

[M] Mom – Host
04-22-2017, 08:57 PM

Ding ding ding! A body has been discovered! Who could it be?

Why, it's Mahiru Koizumi! She was just a Vanilla Hope's Peak Academy Student, played by the lovely Freya! You will be missed, Mahiru!

Or not!

Now then, considering the last day was pretty slow and now Ultimate Despair are one step ahead of you guys, I guess this calls for a super special hardcore daily rule!

CLASS TRIAL #2

You have 48 hours to discuss the game freely and lynch someone. And I MEAN lynch someone, because...

SPECIAL DAILY RULE

YOU MUST VOTE TO LYNCH SOMEBODY!

You cannot vote No Lynch - if you do, you will be eliminated
You also cannot abstain from a vote - again, you will be eliminated
I REPEAT, TODAY YOU MUST VOTE FOR SOMEBODY OR IT'S LIGHTS OUT FOR YOU FOREVER!!!

Okay now, have fuuu~n!

[M] Aaron
04-22-2017, 09:07 PM
Time to get the ball rolling I guess. I really don't know what to make of Nagito. [##vote: Nagito]

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-22-2017, 10:56 PM
I don't know, I'm still suspicious of Leon most of all. I don't have much basis for that other than what I said though so if he wants to come and clear up any misunderstandings, I will change my vote.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-22-2017, 11:30 PM
Chiaki;3661523']

Oh dear, I think your luck may not have been on your side this time. I suppose I could vote for Leon to save myself

[##Vote:Chiaki]

Why would voting Leon, specifically, save you? I could see the thought process that a vote would increase your chances of survival, but if you were voting just to save yourself, the logical step would be to vote on someone who already has a vote, which takes you out of the line of fire unless a second vote on you was placed -- and this vote was placed in spitting distance of deadline. The choice of Leon makes no sense.

I don't like mysteries, Dahno, and you shouldn't either.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-23-2017, 12:04 AM
Yeah I had actually fallen asleep and was still in a bit of a doze and for some reason I thought someone had already voted Leon. They didn't though so I decided to keep my vote as Leon because I figured flip flopping like "Oops got it wrong" might just make me seem even more suspicious and at this point I still think his vote was kind of out of place and odd so I went ahead and kept my vote for him today because I don't want Monokuma to kill me off for not voting. Really at this point I have no major reason to suspect anyone so I'm just grasping at any little thing. Like, in this case, because he voted for someone who had posted who I thought had not posted, so it seemed weird he voted for her out of nowhere? That was my reasoning although you are right, it's pretty flimsy.

There's still plenty of day left though and I'm more than willing to change my vote if something comes up. So long as I'm not sleeping or gaming though and actually pay attention

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-23-2017, 12:18 AM
I never got a chance to vote yesterday because of real life stuff, however my vote was going to go and still will go to

##Vote: Leon

As I stated day one he opened with a vote, not even a hello. Then his second post was to point fingers. After that silence. It is My basis for this vote, it's not in stone and he can change my mind with how he acts.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-23-2017, 12:30 AM
Don't forget proper voting format guys! Make your voices heard! One man, one vote yadayada

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-23-2017, 12:49 AM
Nekomaru;3661602']I never got a chance to vote yesterday because of real life stuff, however my vote was going to go and still will go to

As I stated day one he opened with a vote, not even a hello. Then his second post was to point fingers. After that silence. It is My basis for this vote, it's not in stone and he can change my mind with how he acts.

Voting and pointing fingers is scumhunting.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
04-23-2017, 03:36 AM
Hmm... well, now I have some suspicions.

- Ibuki and Teruteru have both only posted once, to say hello. It's perhaps excusable in Teruteru's case, as he was the last to introduce himself and may just be habitually late to the discussion, but Ibuki was among the first and stands out all the more sorely.

- As others have pointed out, Leon opened with a vote and has been silent since. That could point him squarely to either side.

- Yasuhiro has multiple posts, but has never raised suspicions or meaningfully participated in the discussion.

Nagito's behavior is odd, but for now, I will buy his selection of Chiaki being entirely random.

I won't cast my vote just yet, so if any of the students I listed are willing to come in and attempt to defend yourselves, do so. Whatever the case, unless something else happens to drastically elevate my suspicions, I will most likely vote around halftime.

[M] D'Anna
04-23-2017, 04:37 AM
I can't even explain myself properly. What a horrible piece of waste I am. You guys don't even want to listen to trash like me spout nonsense do you? At least I'm assuming that's why I got restrained (blocked) last night. Even though all I have is a useless talent befitting of a useless person...

Surely you would be better off without me... but I really want to see the hope born from this despairing situation with my own eyes. So looks like you'll just have to put up with me for a while longer.

[M] Dee
04-23-2017, 04:40 AM
Vhat the hell are you hinting at, Mister Komaeda? Is there a pover role you currently possess?

Also, for the sake of remaining alive

##Vote: [M] Teruteru

Please post more!!

[M] D'Anna
04-23-2017, 04:47 AM
I wish I had something as amazing as that. Then maybe I could actually feel useful for once.

But instead, I just figured it'd at least be good to let you guys know, since we don't know exactly what kind of roles from the pool are in play. I suppose my luck does have its uses; it would have been much worse if someone with talent had been restrained instead, wouldn't it?

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-23-2017, 05:19 AM
So far for me it is only Leon that really stood out. However a few others have made valid points to others. However it seems lots of people are playing the slow game. It's hard to get a read off of that.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
04-23-2017, 08:05 AM
Slow game, my ass

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-23-2017, 09:56 AM
It is pretty slow, though. I still have 8 players who need sorting.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-23-2017, 11:34 AM
Good morning everyone, I apologise I missed the start of Day Two's Class Trial.

From what I understand, the main piece of evidence so far has been Nagito claiming to have been blocked. If that is the case, then that would indicate Nagito trending towards Town if we assume the absence of there being a Student-Aligned Roleblocker and Nagito actually being a blocked Mafia Goon but - admittedly - that sounds rather farfetch'd.

That is how you say that word, correct? Apologies, I am trying to study trendy new language from outside my country: you would not believe the slang that originates from my country, you would ask for a fainting couch!

For now, I am willing to believe Nagito was roleblocked. If he is indeed telling the truth, I apologise for voting you yesterday, Nagito!

Which leaves me rather in a quandary because Nagito was my main suspect. He isn't completely removed from the list, but for now, someone else comes into focus:

I cannot overlook his vote and run yesterday. Nothing else to add to this: this is not an ideal vote, but we must vote today.

[M] Dee
04-23-2017, 11:46 AM
Vhat bothers me is that Nagito vas very quick to roleclaim, that sort of gives the scum more information very early. Vhat prompted it? You mayhaps be lucky, but you must also knov vhen to keep your hand hidden, yes?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-23-2017, 11:55 AM
I suppose... but there might be a Doctor in play and he is betting on the Doctor protecting him? Or maybe he is trying to tell us there is a roleblocker in play: the opening post by Sir Monokuma only said a roleblocker was a possibility. That in itself is information. Still, it is curious.

Perhaps we could just ask him. Why did you say you were blocked, Nagito? Also, if your talent is useless, why are you hiding it? Why haven't you fully claimed what you are?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-23-2017, 12:06 PM
...9 players who need sorting.

[M] Aaron
04-23-2017, 12:27 PM
I'm extremely suspicious of a person potentially claiming a power role this early when they weren't particularly under threat of a lynch yet.

[M] Caprica
04-23-2017, 12:32 PM
I am sorry I am late, things have been crazy, people keep on ordering things and I don't know what to do about it!!!!

Celeste, why are you voting for me? AM I NOT BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH FOR YOU? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????

((As an aside, I have been kinda busy so having a hard time keeping up to the game, sorry!))

[M] Dee
04-23-2017, 12:49 PM
It's very understandable, but I must keep it this vay to avoid dying

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-23-2017, 01:13 PM
Teruteru;3661640']I am sorry I am late, things have been crazy, people keep on ordering things and I don't know what to do about it!!!!

Celeste, why are you voting for me? AM I NOT BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH FOR YOU? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????

((As an aside, I have been kinda busy so having a hard time keeping up to the game, sorry!))

It is reasonable to be busy: goodness knows how many royal appointments I have had this week, but when you are present Teruteru, it would be nice to hear what you have to say.

Now that you are here, what are your thoughts on today's actions so far? Who strikes you as suspicious?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
04-23-2017, 01:26 PM
I wrote the most incredible song today. It was about my plans to smite all my enemies. It has a catchy chorus about death and dismemberment. I will let you all hear it when I have emerged victorious.

[M] Eizen
04-23-2017, 02:22 PM
Sorry I was down for a while, but I'm starving. I can't connect with the spirit realm on an empty stomach. A dude's gotta eat, and this bear is totally reminding me of Oreo cookies, but he won't let us!

Now we lost Mahiru. She seemed like a cool chic, too. :(

I don't wanna lynch anybody, but now we have to. The most suspish person I see is that Leon dude. Looks like I'm not the only one, either.Sorry bro, but I just don't approve of walking into a room and voting to kill someone without even a hello. Super bad vibes.

Byakuya seems to think he has a good reading on some people, so let's hear it. Watcha got, man?

[M] D'Anna
04-23-2017, 02:34 PM
You misunderstand me. I have no such thing as a power role. And yet I was gifted with a most peculiar PM this morning informing me that I had been blocked during the night. I figured it was all I could do to inform you of that fact. What you make of that is up to you.

So, Nekomaru.

Nekomaru;3661602']I never got a chance to vote yesterday because of real life stuff, however my vote was going to go and still will go to

Could you explain something to me? Why is it that you're justifying this vote to us? I would think that normally you'd talk to the person themselves. Really you won't need to justify yourself to us like that unless Leon flips town upon lynch. It's almost as if you're already assuming that's what's going to happen.

Also, Chiaki, that's unusual for you. Why are you so quick to put a vote on Leon? I know Monokuma will kill us if we don't place a vote, but the end of the day is still a ways off and Leon hasn't even had the opportunity to speak up. Don't you think you're being a little hasty?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-23-2017, 02:37 PM
Yasuhiro;3661646']
Byakuya seems to think he has a good reading on some people, so let's hear it. Watcha got, man?

I started with a solid townread on Sonia, since she was the first to post game-related content with her question to Monobear about the godfather role. That shows a mindset of trying to solve the game early on.

Second townread on Leon was for opening up with a vote and trying to move us from the joking/roleplaying phase into playing Mafia. Making accusations and backing them up with a vote is a valid and effective method of scumhunting, and it was the first real scumhunting I've seen all game long. I will not be voting Leon today.

Scumreads:
Chiaki for the cognitive dissonance at the 11th hour of Day One -- I'm not buying her copout, and
Nekomaru because he's voting Leon for scumhunting. Who doesn't want us to scumhunt? Hint: It's a four-letter word starting with SCU and ending in M.

It changed to 9 people who need sorting after Sonia did the same thing as Nekomaru, but actively discouraging scumhunting is a stronger tell than trying to figure out the setup, so Sonia's slipped into my null, leaning scum pile. And now, so have you. Which means I probably have more scumreads than there are scum in the game.

[M] Mom – Host
04-23-2017, 02:50 PM
JUst a reminder that you need to use the ##Vote tag in order for the vote to be valid!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-23-2017, 02:52 PM
I am not trying to discourage anything, but I cannot help but think a single vote - no expository notes or comments in over a day's worth of time - is suspicious. He may have assisted the start of serious discussion in the first few hours of Day One, but he has certainly done nothing for me so far to suggest he is willing to carry on facilitating discussion.

As I said in my previous post, it is not an ideal vote by any means, and it is liable to change should someone else pique my interest. And I want to place my vote now in case a family - sorry, royal - emergency means I must leave the class trial for an indeterminate point in time. We are all busy with work and other duties, and if something happens I want to know I have placed a vote down so I do not breach Sir Monokuma's class rules.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-23-2017, 03:53 PM
I'm still waiting for Leon to come and speak up again. Again, my reasons for being suspicious of him are minimal but I would like to have a vote in place in case I doze off again. I kind of get so wrapped up in my gaming that I forget to sleep sometimes and I forget what's going on around me.

Byakuya sure does seem to think those leaning against Leon are scum. I know it's easy to distrust each other at times like this but let's wait for Leon to speak up now and I will happily change my vote when he gives me the reason for his vote yesterday. Yes, Byakuya, you say it is scum hunting, but I do believe Leon can speak for himself?

[M] Eizen
04-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Byakuya, all I'm gettin' from you is a bunch of nothing, man. Seems to me like your suspicious of anyone for anything. If that's all it takes to get on your list, then you'd have to put your name at the top of it. Your energy is like all mixed up. If you can't even read yourself, that's, like, hopeless for anyone else.

I'm all for getting to the bottom of whose rattin' us out to this stupid teddy bear, but you gotta have reasons. All Leon did was vote for someone cuz they'd barely posted. Then he's barely posted.

All I'm sayin' is that you stay quiet if you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you. If you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you, it's probably not for good reasons. Leon hasn't done anything besides try to lynch people with little to no explanation. That's not scumhunting, that's trying to make chaos.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-23-2017, 04:59 PM
[##Vote: Byakuya]

I'm with Yashuhiro, there's something shady about him. Not my only suspect, but he's top of the list for now.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Yasuhiro;3661661']Byakuya, all I'm gettin' from you is a bunch of nothing, man. Seems to me like your suspicious of anyone for anything. If that's all it takes to get on your list, then you'd have to put your name at the top of it. Your energy is like all mixed up. If you can't even read yourself, that's, like, hopeless for anyone else.

I'm all for getting to the bottom of whose rattin' us out to this stupid teddy bear, but you gotta have reasons. All Leon did was vote for someone cuz they'd barely posted. Then he's barely posted.

All I'm sayin' is that you stay quiet if you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you. If you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you, it's probably not for good reasons. Leon hasn't done anything besides try to lynch people with little to no explanation. That's not scumhunting, that's trying to make chaos.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-23-2017, 05:26 PM
And you're going to explain Yasuhiro's quote in 3, 2, 1...?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-23-2017, 05:29 PM
Ignore that last post, hit post quick reply instead of go advanced, which is what I need to do if I want to use spaces in my posts.

Yasuhiro;3661661']All I'm sayin' is that you stay quiet if you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you. If you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you, it's probably not for good reasons. Leon hasn't done anything besides try to lynch people with little to no explanation. That's not scumhunting, that's trying to make chaos.

Exactly -- you keep quiet if you don't want someone to have a read on you. You don't barrel into a thread filled with nothing but roleplay and goofing off and ensure you're going to stand out in peoples' minds by swimming against the current and trying to find scum.

There's clear town motivation in Leon's actions, and no scum motivation at all--what scum would think it would be a great idea to get all eyes on them immediately? That's not a good way to fly under the radar.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Honestly, I don't find that argument terribly convincing. People act in all sorts of ways whether they're town or mafia. There's no set "mafia" way of posting.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Honestly, a lot of this can be read two ways.

A) "Leon is clearly Town. No Mafia would open themselves up to scrutiny so early!"

B) "Leon is clearly Mafia. No Town would be so quiet throughout the day and not back up his votes!"

Ultimately, it depends on which you weigh more, whether you find Leon's sheer inactivity to be suspicious, or his early vote. I still cannot overlook his the void that his is posting history. Though I cannot deny that his early vote did shake things up.

Someone else rather high on my list of suspicion is Ibuki. She has not done much of note all game. I am not convinced she is doing all she can to help Town. I want to hear her thoughts on the state of the trial, suspicious characters, things of that nature.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
04-23-2017, 05:56 PM
It seems my vote is going toward either Ibuki, Teruteru, or Leon. Ibuki and Teruteru for being completely silent and only just recently popping in without contributing anything useful, and Leon for the obvious reasons and the fact that he's still silent with all of this suspicion brewing around him. Again, I will decide around halftime.

Of course, Leon did vote for Ibuki, so unless it was a deliberate bluff, logic would indicate that Leon's guilt would signal Ibuki's innocence, and in turn, her guilt his innocence. We should keep that in mind.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-23-2017, 06:03 PM
Not convinced by that last paragraph. Mafia vote for each other all the time. Leon voting for Ibuki doesn't necessarily mean that either of them aren't mafia.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-23-2017, 06:04 PM
Sakura;3661667']Honestly, I don't find that argument terribly convincing. People act in all sorts of ways whether they're town or mafia. There's no set "mafia" way of posting.

OK. I've explained how Leon's actions can be town-motivated.

ELI5, how can anything he's done, anything at all, have any scum motivation in it whatsoever? And don't say lurking, any scum benefit from lurking was demolished when he swam against the current with that vote.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-23-2017, 06:19 PM
Mafia often try to be unpredictable to try and throw off suspicion.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
04-23-2017, 06:24 PM
The numbers 3 & 4 are unstable when it comes to separating Town and Mafia. If everyone gives this a little thought it's clear Yasuhiro is talking out of their rear end.

##Vote: Yasuhiro

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Let's not forget that Godfather will pop up as Vanilla Townie upon death. Just something to keep in mind as people get lynched or killed by Ultimate Despair!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-23-2017, 06:30 PM
Ibuki;3661678']The numbers 3 & 4 are unstable when it comes to separating Town and Mafia.

Forgive me, but I cannot make hands or feet of this statement.

... wait, heads or fishtails. That's the foreign slang I was aiming towards. Phew, good thing I caught that one!

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Oooh, with fishtails I could make a lovely stew! Assuming that that damn bear will let us eat now.

[M] Dee
04-23-2017, 07:14 PM
Vell vell vell, vhat have ve here?

Ibuki's vote for Yasuhiro is very strange indeed. Are you simply looking to avoid Monobear's punishment?

First things first, I'm glad a lot of you are coming out of the voodvork to generate discussion. I am vell and truly elated by your villingness to adapt to this little game. Perhaps you lot are not as slov as I thought. Ohoho~! I am indeed a rhymer!

As for Yasuhiro, as aggressive and strong-arming as he may be perceived, Byakuya is at the very least villing to generate discussion. That's hardly indicative of anything here or there.

[M] Dee
04-23-2017, 07:17 PM
Also my vote vill stay on Teruteru for the time being since he is still bothersome in his inactivity.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-23-2017, 07:17 PM
Sakura;3661677']Mafia often try to be unpredictable to try and throw off suspicion.

brb going mad

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-23-2017, 07:26 PM
Umm-hmm. Striking a bit close to home, am I? You're mafia, I'm sure of it.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-23-2017, 07:33 PM
DENTAL PLAN!

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-23-2017, 07:38 PM
DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT!

[M] Dee
04-23-2017, 07:39 PM
Vhy??

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Byakuya;3661687']
Sakura;3661677']Mafia often try to be unpredictable to try and throw off suspicion.

brb going mad

Sakura;3661689']Umm-hmm. Striking a bit close to home, am I? You're mafia, I'm sure of it.

Byakuya;3661693']DENTAL PLAN!

Sakura;3661696']DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT!

You two are super cute together. Maybe you should hook up!

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-23-2017, 07:49 PM
OMG yaaaas! Always wanted to date a mafia scumlord! :omg:

[M] Mom – Host
04-23-2017, 08:06 PM
We still have an hour left until the actual halftime, but I have an appointment with my beautician later on. Gotta look fabulous for the big lynching!

HALFTIME

The second class trial seems to have garnered much more attention so far! Let's see how the votes look so far!

Nagito - 1 (Gundham)
Leon - 3 (Chiaki, Nekomaru, Sonia)
Chiaki - 1 (Byakuya)
Teruteru - 1 (Celeste)
Byakuya - 1 (Sakura)
Yasuhiro - 1 (Ibuki)

Five people haven't voted yet. Teruteru, Yasuhiro, Leon, Nagito,
and Kyoko - if you do not place a vote within the time limit, you will die
You have 25 hours left to discuss and vote!

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-23-2017, 08:27 PM
Sakura;3661699']OMG yaaaas! Always wanted to date a mafia scumlord! :omg:

Oh, I'm a lord, all right...

The lord...

OF THE DANCE!

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-23-2017, 08:32 PM

[M] Dee
04-23-2017, 08:46 PM
Isn't that dance from Europe City, the capital of Europe? I'm from there, you know. This is my real name.

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-23-2017, 09:09 PM
I personally think Leon is scum. He is at the top of my list not for the scum hunting vote, but for the way he tried to toss others under the bus right away to draw attention away from him. That was the scum move I can't get past with Leon. That being said if I get evidence that shows him Town I will be happy to retract the vote for him.

[M] D'Anna
04-23-2017, 09:19 PM
That won't do, Nekomaru. For some reason I don't feel any hope coming from you. How disappointing.

https://i.imgur.com/34WCaBW.png

[##Vote: Nekomaru]

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-23-2017, 09:45 PM
Well all I can say is I am not the only one here feeling Leon is scum. He has 2 posts. Ones a vote, one is a finger point. Then he ghosted never to be heard from since. It raises my flags of I voted... well what else can I do today?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
04-23-2017, 10:35 PM

I almost fear this will be redundant if he fails to cast a vote and gets killed by Monokuma anyway, making the lynch something of a waste (and even more so if he turns out to be innocent). But for the time being, I'll act on the collective suspicions.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-23-2017, 10:38 PM
cN0H0g4pZaY

[M] Aaron
04-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Nagito;3661649']You misunderstand me. I have no such thing as a power role. And yet I was gifted with a most peculiar PM this morning informing me that I had been blocked during the night. I figured it was all I could do to inform you of that fact. What you make of that is up to you.

This seems strange to me since I thought only those with power roles would be informed when they're blocked. So if you don't have a power role then that's definitely an iteration of the roleblocker role I've not encountered yet.

So can I ask why you shared that with us so early? I could perhaps understand wanting people to know there's a roleblocker in play, but even that seems thin to me. If the roleblocker (or one of the roleblockers) is mafia then at best haven't you admitted that you were blocked but don't have a role essentially confirming you shouldn't be targeted again? Exactly what was your play here because it seems like it has the potential to help mafia more than hurt them if you're really town unless I'm missing something.

[M] D'Anna
04-23-2017, 11:36 PM
*sigh* Even when I try to help I just screw things up even further. Go me. All I can really say is that when I saw that message in my inbox my first instinct was to share it publicly so everyone would know. I also figured it'd make me being town more believable, even if the possibility of me being scum making all of this up is of course there. So there was a bit of a selfish aspect to it. I didn't think much of the potential downsides to coming out with it.

I really suck at helping you guys, don't I? Why am I still here.

https://i.imgur.com/H85Uvhx.png

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-24-2017, 12:00 AM
Nagito, with respect, you must stop this pity parade and maintain a stiff upper eyelid, as the British say. At the end of the day, the main thing we students have at our disposal is our voice, and you must use yours to stop this inward self-contemplation and be productive and proactive.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-24-2017, 12:04 AM
Quick notice: I will be adjourning the class trial to go rest and attend an important royal meeting: Colonialism and You: Why You Shouldn't Invade that Resource-rich Neighbour.

A royal education is never finished!

(Actually, I'll just be sleeping and attending a work meeting. No invading in my immediate future)

[M] D'Anna
04-24-2017, 12:05 AM
No need to waste your breath on trash like me. But don't worry. In the end, hope will always win. That's what I believe. And I intend on seeing this through to the end and witness the birth of a great hope that would not lose to any despair.

My vote for Nekomaru still stands. For an Ultimate Team Manager he certainly doesn't seem to concerned about motivating the team, does he now, Miss Sonia?

[M] Eizen
04-24-2017, 01:21 AM
Byakuya;3661666']Ignore that last post, hit post quick reply instead of go advanced, which is what I need to do if I want to use spaces in my posts.

Yasuhiro;3661661']All I'm sayin' is that you stay quiet if you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you. If you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you, it's probably not for good reasons. Leon hasn't done anything besides try to lynch people with little to no explanation. That's not scumhunting, that's trying to make chaos.

Exactly -- you keep quiet if you don't want someone to have a read on you. You don't barrel into a thread filled with nothing but roleplay and goofing off and ensure you're going to stand out in peoples' minds by swimming against the current and trying to find scum.

There's clear town motivation in Leon's actions, and no scum motivation at all--what scum would think it would be a great idea to get all eyes on them immediately? That's not a good way to fly under the radar.

And yet, all he's done is get eyes on him. Looks at the vote tally, bro. My crystal ball is a little foggy, but I'm gettin' maybe two scenarios.

1) Leon's scum, and decides to play it up on the suspicious behavior thing. Why? Because of course, man. It's the ol' switcheroo. Act suspicious and people will think it's too obvious to mean Leon is actually scum.

2) Leon's tied up, somewhere. Maybe literally.

The main reason I haven't voted on him is because he hasn't responded yet. I'm getting the ol' busy signal on trying see where he's at right now. He's basically a dead man at this point either way. That's the part that's starting to not make sense in the ol' noggin'. He hasn't posted once this cycle so far. Which means tuxedo bear is gonna off him. But what he's doin' is so shady that most people want off him even if he does post a vote.

It just doesn't make sens to be this quiet. He's not flyin' under anybody's radar right now, and the fact that you seem to think he is is also pretty strange.

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-24-2017, 01:36 AM
Honestly I see Leon as pulling a scummy move. If he does flip scum you telling us all he isn't for a fact off his 2 posts that had no real strategy behind them will make you look really scummy. I am already thinking of changing my vote now as Leon is offing himself.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
04-24-2017, 05:44 AM
If we reach the period a few hours before the end of the trial and Leon still has yet to cast his vote, I would recommend that everyone who's voted for him unvote and switch to someone more active and suspicious. With luck, we could conceivably crush two Despairs with one stone.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-24-2017, 09:27 AM
Yasuhiro;3661725'][QUOTE='[M] Byakuya;3661666']And yet, all he's done is get eyes on him. Looks at the vote tally, bro.

vdUqSY327ek

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-24-2017, 09:28 AM
EBWOP: slaiked the vote tags.

P.S. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[M] Dee
04-24-2017, 11:16 AM
Yasuhiro, your argument that having eyes on you somehov being indicative of scum is quite a reach considering the very purpose of his being suspect is his inactivity. I think you may be reading too much intent into his actions or lack thereof

It's very possible he's simply inactive, yes? I agree his gameplay up to this point has been rather lacking in helpfulness, though. I'm always dovn for voting inactives but this seems pretty manufactured. Either vay he is likely to die so ve could mayhaps consider the possibility of a second person being voted for today?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Kyoko;3661735']If we reach the period a few hours before the end of the trial and Leon still has yet to cast his vote, I would recommend that everyone who's voted for him unvote and switch to someone more active and suspicious. With luck, we could conceivably crush two Despairs with one stone.

I think the other side of this is that we run the risk of losing two townies as well

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-24-2017, 01:11 PM
##unvote: Leon due to him about to kill himself.

##: Vote Byakuya

His defensive stand on Leon has me thinking he is Scum trying to save another scum. Really hope I am right here.

[M] Eizen
04-24-2017, 01:22 PM
Celeste;3661745']Yasuhiro, your argument that having eyes on you somehov being indicative of scum is quite a reach considering the very purpose of his being suspect is his inactivity. I think you may be reading too much intent into his actions or lack thereof

It's very possible he's simply inactive, yes? I agree his gameplay up to this point has been rather lacking in helpfulness, though. I'm always dovn for voting inactives but this seems pretty manufactured. Either vay he is likely to die so ve could mayhaps consider the possibility of a second person being voted for today?

You're arguin' the same side of the coin, chica. You sound like you're disagreein' or somethin', but you just said the same thing I did. At first he was pretty suspicious, and he still kinda is, but now he's been so inactive it's hard to tell if it's a scheme or if the dude is just out of it.

Only thing I can see, other than he's legit gone, is that he's layin' low and waiting for everyone to pull votes back offa him because they think he's gone. Then when the heats off, he comes in at the last second and puts a lynch vote on someone. He could be hopin' for this situation.

If we reach the period a few hours before the end of the trial and Leon still has yet to cast his vote, I would recommend that everyone who's voted for him unvote and switch to someone more active and suspicious. With luck, we could conceivably crush two Despairs with one stone.

He'd survive another day, but it'd be pretty obvious he's scummy at that point. It's a stretch, but not totally impossible.

Basically, he's actin' totally weird, but the longer he stays quiet it actually starts to make him less scummy.

[M] Aaron
04-24-2017, 01:54 PM
Nagito;3661719']*sigh* Even when I try to help I just screw things up even further. Go me. All I can really say is that when I saw that message in my inbox my first instinct was to share it publicly so everyone would know. I also figured it'd make me being town more believable, even if the possibility of me being scum making all of this up is of course there. So there was a bit of a selfish aspect to it. I didn't think much of the potential downsides to coming out with it.

I really suck at helping you guys, don't I? Why am I still here.

https://i.imgur.com/H85Uvhx.png

Okay, I suppose that's plausible but my gut still doesn't quite feel right. It's been hard to get straight answers from you. Maybe it's just some role play but I feel like you've dodged some questions whether intentionally or not and if nothing else it's confusing to the conversation.

I'm leaving my vote for now just because it's gotta be someone and you seem pretty safe at the moment anyway.

And I've never bought into this whole Leon is scum thing that heavily. Sure, it was a bit suspicious when he disappeared for a while, though still being gone is weird but possibly just a sign of irl commitments. If he pops up at the last second when the heat is off I'll actually be a bit more suspicious of him, but prior to his disappearing all we had was two posts, one of which I very clearly interpreted as scum hunting. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way I'm not feeling comfortable enough with the suspicion levels yet to change my vote to him or anything.

[M] Eizen
04-24-2017, 02:08 PM
I'm gonna have to step out for a while peeps, a medium's work is never done.

I don't know if I'll be back before the deadline, so I'm gonna have to go ahead and vote for the next most suspish character to me. And that's

[##Vote Teruteru]

Dude needs to step out of the kitchen and speak up if he doesn't wanna get offed.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-24-2017, 02:57 PM
Nekomaru;3661756']##unvote: Leon due to him about to kill himself.

##: Vote Byakuya

His defensive stand on Leon has me thinking he is Scum trying to save another scum. Really hope I am right here.

This is because of the spider incident, isn't it? How many times do I have to explain that that was an accident? Yes, there was a war. Yes, millions died. But that doesn't change the fact that it was an accident.

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-24-2017, 04:36 PM
Monokuma can we get a check on how much time is left in class today?

[M] Mom – Host
04-24-2017, 06:26 PM

Two and a half hours left, you beautiful bastards! Let's see how the voting is coming along.

Nagito - 1 (Gundham)
Leon - 3 (Chiaki, Nekomaru, Sonia, Kyoko)
Chiaki - 1 (Byakuya)
Teruteru - 2 (Celeste, Yasuhiro)
Byakuya - 2 (Sakura, Nekomaru)
Yasuhiro - 1 (Ibuki)
Nekomaru - 1 (Nagito)

You have 2,5 hours left! If nothing changes, Leon will get lynched!

Also, Leon and Teruteru have not voted yet. If you guys don't vote within 2,5 hours, YOU WILL DIE!

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-24-2017, 06:40 PM
Monokuma;3661779']

Byakuya - 2 (Sakura, Byakuya)

Both of these players are COMMUNISTS

[M] Mom – Host
04-24-2017, 06:42 PM
THat wasn't bear-y messed up of what - apologies! Fixed now!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-24-2017, 07:36 PM
Thank you Sir Monokuma.

I cannot justify lynching Leon with just 2.5 hours remaining. If he does break the class rule, then I feel as if my vote will be wasted.

Therefore:

[##Unvote: Leon]

Unlike Leon, she has voted more frequently but has contributed little to the overall conversation. Unfortunately, I cannot ignore this.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-24-2017, 07:39 PM
I'm going to keep my vote as Leon because I'm really not sure at this point who mafia is and if Leon is going to be killed anyway, I would rather only risk losing one fellow classmate over two (Leon for not voting and another classmate by lynching). We might get lucky and hit mafia, but the odds are against us.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
04-24-2017, 09:09 PM
[##Unvote: Leon]

This may mean three bodies dropping all at once if someone else votes for her, but it's a risk I am willing to take.

[M] D'Anna
04-24-2017, 09:31 PM
Am I really the only one who thinks Chiaki and Nekomaru are being highly suspicious...?

[M] Aaron
04-24-2017, 09:40 PM
My read on Nekomaru is going to depend a bit on the results of the day. I don't buy the Leon is scum argument based on his posts because there's just not much to go on there. So by extension I don't really buy into the Byakuya is scum protecting scum argument. So what I think is going to depend a bit on how one or both flip. If Leon is town I will be looking long and hard at Nekomaru.

[M] Mom – Host
04-24-2017, 09:42 PM
END OF CLASS TRIAL

And we're done for the day! The blood-pumping trial #2 has ended! Stay tuned and listen to the results! Just keep in mind votes made after this post will not count at all!

[M] Mom – Host
04-24-2017, 09:57 PM
Well well well! Looks like my special rule played its part! And yet, not all of you voted. And thus, it is with great sadness (actually it's glee! Puhuhuhu!) that I must announced that two of our students did not make it. They died from a heart attack. Because they did nothing. And that's why you have to work out, kids!

Leon Kuwata was a Hope's Peak Academy-Aligned Vengeful Spirit! Since he died as a result of a default, his super special ability will sadly not be utilized. I am personally super devastated with this turn of events. He was played by the one and only Scruffington who seems to have just had too much on his plate! Speaking of plates...

Teruteru Hanamura was a Hope's Peak Academy-Aligned Cook! I mean, Tracker! I guess he took the secret of who did the deed with whom to the grave. We hardly knew ye, Teruteru! Guess he couldn't handle the heat! Which is odd, considering he was played by The Summoner of Leviathan, who should know all about kitchens. And sausage.

Now then, WHO GETS LYNCHED?

(since we handle lynching after the defaulting deaths, the person left with the highest number of votes gets lynched)

Leon - 1 (Chiaki)
Teruteru - 2 (Celeste, Yasuhiro)
Byakuya - 2 (Sakura, Nekomaru)
Ibuki - 2 (Sonia, Kyoko)
Nagito - 1 (Gundham)
Chiaki - 1 (Byakuya)
Yasuhiro - 1 (Ibuki)
Nekomaru - 1 (Nagito)

My my! Another tie! No "no lynch" this time, puhuhuhu! Now then, heads means Byakuya gets it, tails is Ibuki.

Aaaaaand.... Tails! Our lynch victim today is...

Ibuki Mioda! She was a Vanilla Hope's Peak Academy Student played by the charming Bubba! Too bad we didn't get to hear that serenade, but maybe you have a requiem handy?

NIGHTTIME

Quick reminder that talking in the game thread is forbidden at nighttime. You have 24 hours to PM me your night action if you have one.

[M] Mom – Host
04-25-2017, 05:51 PM

Bored now! Guess I'm gonna start the trial prematurely!

Guess what! No one died today! I would be upset, but the situation is kind of different, because...

If you guys lynch the wrong person this time around, you're gonna have a bad time.

CLASS TRIAL #3

You have 48 hours to discuss the game freely and lynch someone. And just so you don't think I'm all stick and no carrot, today's special rule doesn't threaten anyone with death! This time, you can win A PRIZE!

(this is really just to even the field out a bit, because Hope's Peak is pretty much on the way out at this point~)

SPECIAL DAILY RULE

Get a special one-time night power that will give you the upper hand in a dire situation!

In order to be eligible for the prize, you must:

be one of the people who voted for the person lynched - so let's say Yasuhiro gets lynched today because five people voted for him. One of those five people has a chance to get the prize!
be a Hope's Peak Academy-Aligned Student (sorry, Ultimate Despair, you cannot take part in the lottery)
in the event that the person lynched has been voted on only by Ultimate Despair, then only the voters for the second closest to lynch candidate are eligible
naturally, the winner will not be announced in the thread - they will only be informed privately!

But what is this prize, Monokuma? Puhuhuhu, well, if you really want to know...

You will be completely immune to Ultimate Despair's attacks that night
You will receive a special one-time night action that you have to use on the next night. If you have a night action already, you can and should use both. What the action does specifically will be made known to you and you only!

Okay now, have fuuu~n!

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-25-2017, 06:01 PM
No night death? Way to go Doctor!

[M] Dee
04-25-2017, 06:03 PM
Great to finally catch a break. Excellent!

[M] Dee
04-25-2017, 06:25 PM
Vhat do ve do? Despite the block, ve're still in dire straits.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
04-25-2017, 06:47 PM
Well, most of the students I was actively suspicious about died yesterday in one fell swoop, and turned out to be innocent (unless one of the "Vanilla" students thus far was actually a Godfather). The only one of my original suspects still alive is Yasuhiro, and while I have a couple of new leads to follow based on recent discussions, I am less than confident in my deductive abilities this time around.

The fact that there was no night death either means the doctor healed the right victim or we have a good-aligned roleblocker who blocked the right murderer -- or else the Despairs simply decided to mess with us after yesterday's massacre. If it's anything but the last option, I still see a glimmer of hope for Hope's Peak, however fleeting.

I'll take some time to sort out my suspicions and determine who I really find suspicious. We really need to make this lynch count.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-25-2017, 10:08 PM
Yes, we will need to be very careful for this next lynch. Thank you doctor for your on point save!

I wish we could create a save state right here so that if we mislynch, we could have a do over!

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-25-2017, 10:35 PM
I'm voting same again. Nothing so far to make me think I was wrong.

[M] Aaron
04-25-2017, 10:48 PM
But your scum read on Byakuya, unless I'm mistaken, was you feeling like he was scum protecting another scum (Leon). Since Leon was town, I'd think you'd want to reconsider those assumptions you made before. So what is your reasoning here? Sticking to one read that was based on a proven bad read seems strange to me. Am I missing something here?

[M] Aaron
04-25-2017, 10:49 PM
Wait, I think I've mixed you up with Neko. God these names are hard for me to keep straight. Wish I'd played this game before.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-25-2017, 11:04 PM
Then permit me to simplify matters. I'm the cop, and I have an inno on Nagito from night one and a guilty on Sakura night two.

Nobody votes anyone but me or Sakura today.

[##Vote: Sakura]

[M] Aaron
04-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Well that got real in a hurry.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-25-2017, 11:12 PM
Byakuya;3661880']Then permit me to simplify matters. I'm the cop, and I have an inno on Nagito from night one and a guilty on Sakura night two.

Nobody votes anyone but me or Sakura today.

[##Vote: Sakura]

How odd of you to say that when I'm actually the cop and Sakura, whom I investigated last night, turned up vanilla student

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-25-2017, 11:13 PM
So I think I'll go ahead and

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-25-2017, 11:19 PM
Well isn't this fun? Not one, but two scum found. When I flip cop, knock 'em down one after another, like scummy dominos!

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN! LOVE ME LIKE MY FATHER NEVER DID!

[Unvote]

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-25-2017, 11:23 PM
Goodness gracious, what is it with everyone self-voting.

[M] D'Anna
04-25-2017, 11:24 PM
Amazing... we've just felt the despair of losing three of our comrades... and I can already feel the hope returning, stronger than ever before...!

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-25-2017, 11:28 PM
Byakuya;3661884']Well isn't this fun? Not one, but two scum found. When I flip cop, knock 'em down one after another, like scummy dominos!

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN! LOVE ME LIKE MY FATHER NEVER DID!

[Unvote]

You do that then. I would very much like to see how you flip, myself, because I'm not sure why a town would pretend to be a cop and call Sakura, a vanilla, mafia?

Also can confirm Nagito for town as well.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-25-2017, 11:31 PM
Oooh unless [i]someone[/] is a Godfather, in which case you will flip as town even if you aren't. But you would flip vanilla and not cop so we'll still find out if you're lying if you do get lynched

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-25-2017, 11:33 PM
This is dramatic. Okay, so here's what I am thinking currently:

1) We lynch Byakuya. If Byakuya flips specifically as a Cop, then he is telling the truth. We should lynch Chiaki and Sakura tomorrow.

2) If Byakuya either flips as Ultimate Despair or as Vanilla Townie, that means he is either Mafia or Godfather, and thus we have lynched a Mafia. Chiaki is confirmed as Cop, Sakura is likely not Mafia.

Does this sound like a plan, everyone? I'm open to suggestions on this. Let's take today slow and methodical. We don't want to choose incorrectly.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-25-2017, 11:34 PM
I would like more information however. Why did both of you decide to investigate Sakura?

Chiaki, who was your Night One investigation target?

[M] Joe - Army Dad
04-25-2017, 11:35 PM
One of the two people claiming cop is bound to be mafia. I still think it's Byakuya. If he flips cop, we'll know for sure that Chiaki is mafia.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-25-2017, 11:38 PM
I did both investigations for the same reason: They were players I couldn't get a read on.

Full speed ahead, mateys, it's time for this to happen!

[M] D'Anna
Hmm, Sakura, what is it that makes you think Byakuya is not the real cop?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
Furthermore, because it is important to remember there are other Ultimate Despair spies lurking among us, I'd like to understand where both your thoughts and suspicions lie as our Suspected!Cops.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-25-2017, 11:39 PM
Sonia;3661890']This is dramatic. Okay, so here's what I am thinking currently:

1) We lynch Byakuya. If Byakuya flips specifically as a Cop, then he is telling the truth. We should lynch Chiaki and Sakura tomorrow.

2) If Byakuya either flips as Ultimate Despair or as Vanilla Townie, that means he is either Mafia or Godfather, and thus we have lynched a Mafia. Chiaki is confirmed as Cop, Sakura is likely not Mafia.

Does this sound like a plan, everyone? I'm open to suggestions on this. Let's take today slow and methodical. We don't want to choose incorrectly.

I wouldn't be too hasty with this either. It is possible that he's a townie lying about being a cop to get us to follow his gut on who mafia is. Also claiming cop if he's a vanilla or a less important role likely means that mafia would target him and they might just kill a vanilla. Seems convoluted but it is possible. Lying about being a cop doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make him mafia

Sonia;3661891']I would like more information however. Why did both of you decide to investigate Sakura?

Chiaki, who was your Night One investigation target?

I investigated Nagito night one, he is a townie, and I investigated Sakura night two because I really had no idea who it could be, Byakuya seemed obvious, so I took a shot in the dark. Sakura is reasonably active so I figured I'd gain info either way. She came up vanilla townie

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-25-2017, 11:39 PM
fX6DYn94sSI

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-25-2017, 11:45 PM
Chiaki;3661896']
I wouldn't be too hasty with this either. It is possible that he's a townie lying about being a cop to get us to follow his gut on who mafia is. Also claiming cop if he's a vanilla or a less important role likely means that mafia would target him and they might just kill a vanilla. Seems convoluted but it is possible. Lying about being a cop doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make him mafia

I investigated Nagito night one, he is a townie, and I investigated Sakura night two because I really had no idea who it could be, Byakuya seemed obvious, so I took a shot in the dark. Sakura is reasonably active so I figured I'd gain info either way. She came up vanilla townie

I'm not so sure about this. Town people should never lie because if they are caught out in a lie, then they look so suspicious it is impossible not to lynch them. That then just draws unnecessary attention away from identifying Ultimate Despair members.

I suppose I could see the 'lightning rod' idea, but then again, the actual cop or doctor would go "huh? hang on a minute", out themselves, and then expose them to Ultimate Despair. I'm not saying either of these are impossible, but they are so unlikely and detrimental to be plain stupid if this was actually the case.

Also, those reasons seem fair. Using investigations to clarify ambiguous types who don't swing innocent or suspicious is a pretty good tactic, actually.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-25-2017, 11:48 PM
Of the remaining people Byakuya and Chiaki, where are your suspicions?

If it sounds like I am a contestant on a blind date television programme (In the Kingdom of Novoselic, our programming is reduced to cheesy soap operas), I'm trying to get as much information as possible in the event that if our cop survives this lynch and they're killed in the night (say a doctor got roleblocked or something): we at least have their final summaries and thoughts from a confirmed Town, and a power role at that.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-25-2017, 11:48 PM
Sonia;3661898']
Chiaki;3661896']

I'm not so sure about this. Town people should never lie because if they are caught out in a lie, then they look so suspicious it is impossible not to lynch them. That then just draws unnecessary attention away from identifying Ultimate Despair members.

I suppose I could see the 'lightning rod' idea, but then again, the actual cop or doctor would go "huh? hang on a minute", out themselves, and then expose them to Ultimate Despair. I'm not saying either of these are impossible, but they are so unlikely and detrimental to be plain stupid if this was actually the case.

Also, those reasons seem fair. Using investigations to clarify ambiguous types who don't swing innocent or suspicious is a pretty good tactic, actually.

Oh I agree its super sketchy to lie about being a cop if you aren't mafia, I'm just saying its possible. We have lost enough townies to not consider every possibility

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-25-2017, 11:50 PM
My main suspicion right now is Byakuya, honestly. I'm still not getting a good read on anyone else

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-25-2017, 11:50 PM
No, that seems fair to me.

I'm also looking at Nekomaru and Yasuhiro to appear today. Maybe they have something to share in class?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-25-2017, 11:51 PM
Sonia;3661900']Of the remaining people Byakuya and Chiaki, where are your suspicions?

Lynch Chiaki, lynch Sakura, and lynch you. Game over town wins.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-25-2017, 11:57 PM
What have I done that have raised your suspicions? Besides suspecting and voting for Leon, but then you could accuse half the school based on that one.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-26-2017, 12:03 AM
Riddle me this: Who was going with the flow and who was leading the pack?

[M] Aaron
04-26-2017, 12:05 AM
I don't buy Byakuya being town claiming cop if he's not cop. So if he flips vanilla I'm saying he's godfather right now. So I guess this day comes down to who do I believe the most? Honestly, Byakuya is a guy I have a hard time pinning down most of the time but I haven't gotten a scum vibe from Chiaki. If I have to pick who I believe is the most likely to be town it's Chiaki. And honestly, I think we can see where the wind is blowing either way where Byakuya is concerned and we need that special night action pretty badly right now so I don't think town can afford not to be voting for the majority lynch target.

[##vote: Byakuya]

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-26-2017, 12:14 AM
Byakuya;3661907']Riddle me this: Who was going with the flow and who was leading the pack?

I'm not sure that is indicative of anything, to be honest. Ultimate Despair spies can be open and visible, or they can quietly decide to not make much of an impact and coast along. Equally, students can take charge and try to direct conversation, or (and especially if they have a power role) they can choose to follow.

I can only speak for myself and my word only, but I have done my best to try and propagate conversation where I can, trying to get us all to communicate with each other - which was a task the first class trial - though I do my best to not try and lead conversation and dominate talk. I've certainly not been 'going with the flow' either, and I examine all arguments. If you were referring to the Leon misvote, yes, I hold my hand up and say I was wrong, but it seemed the best possible choice at the time.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-26-2017, 12:14 AM
Also: I will be resting in my royal bedchambers now, so I will catch up with this trial in the morning.

Goodnight, everyone!

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-26-2017, 12:25 AM
Actually, on a re-read, Nekomaru was the first non-confscum to lead the charge on Leon. Whoever's left alive at the time will have to make up their own minds.

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-26-2017, 12:38 AM
I did lead the charge on Leon yes. Then voted for ByaKuya for protecting him. However with Leon turning Town I am just catching up after work and re-evaluating what is here. Byakuya I am now reading more Town.

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-26-2017, 12:48 AM
What I am trying to decide is was Byakuya defending the Godfather, or is he the Cop. It would make sense for a mafia to toss a claim out there early today as it would cause confusion for us Town forcing the real Cop to have to claim also knowing that it was a can't mislynch situation.

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-26-2017, 01:01 AM
Byakuya;3661904']
Sonia;3661900']Of the remaining people Byakuya and Chiaki, where are your suspicions?

Lynch Chiaki, lynch Sakura, and lynch you. Game over town wins.

going back over the day I agree. Either Chiaki doesn't understand how Cop works, or is a mafia who outed the other two mafia trying to lynch you the real Cop.

##Vote: Chiaki

Tomorrow Lynch Sakura, then Sonia the last day and it is a town win.

[M] Eizen
04-26-2017, 01:05 AM
Whooaaa.....oh man. Things just got, like, waaaay bloody. I was hopin' that Teruteru dude would speak up too. Was lookin' forward to tryin' out somma that grub he was braggin' about. :(

I don't know other peeps, but I found Byakuya actin' all bull-headed about insisting Leon's initial shady behavior simply couldn't be read as anything but scum hunting to be a classic distraction. Walking in the room and voting to lynch someone with no reason as your introduction is just doin' somethin' ta cause chaos. Then he just went quiet. Who knows for sure what Leon's (Scruffington) motivations were, but if you ask me, the dude was just disgruntled. I think Byakuya took advantage of that.

Makes him looks nice and innocent, because as a scum he knows who else was scum, which meant he knew it wasn't our bro Leon. So he can pretend to protect Leon. He could try to convince people to lynch another townie instead because good bro Leon was just scum hunting. If Leon never posts, that's two townies gone. Poof. If Leon did wind up posting, oh well. Byakuya's still leading the charge to lynch another townie.

As time went by, Leon's inactivity made him look less scummy, but Byakuya seemed too convinced from the very start and came down hard on people who disagreed. I also think it's kinda suspish the he's been trying to lynch is Chiaki. She seems like a cool chic to me. No bad vibes from my crystal ball for her, man.

I ain't perfect, but I gotta trust the energies I'm readin' on this one.

[## Vote: Byakuya]

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-26-2017, 01:22 AM
I want people to look at the pages of posts post where Chiaki, Sonia, and Sakura all back each other up to pad the death of Byakura. It is a mafia tactic to discredit the one town who role claimed.

[M] Dee
04-26-2017, 02:25 AM
Yeah Bykakuya is so obviously lying vtf

##Vote: Byakuya

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-26-2017, 02:27 AM
H'as aiy'hra n'hakh ri'kahri krikajj, nai korekh sha'yi.

[M] Dee
04-26-2017, 02:34 AM
stop speaking to the old ones u scum

[M] Mom – Host
04-26-2017, 05:19 AM
A majority lockdown has occurred. THe day has ended. No more votes after this will be considered counted. Stay tuned for the announcement!

[M] Mom – Host
04-26-2017, 07:00 AM
END OF CLASS TRIAL

Well now! What an unexpected twist of fate! It looks like we just had our first majority lockdown in the game! Let's take a look at the votes!

Byakuya - 6 (Sakura, Chiaki, Byakuya, Gundham, Yasuhiro, Celeste)

Chiaki - 1 (Nekomaru)

No vote: Nagito, Kyoko, Sonia

This means that the victim of today's trial is Byakua Togami. Our affluent progeny was a Vanilla Hope's Peak Academy Student played by Citizen Bleys. Shocker, I know.

So you guys are in for a rough ride. But have no fear! One of you guys who voted for Byakuya is getting a prize and will get to do something special tonight on top of being totally immune to killing!

NIGHTTIME

Quick reminder that talking in the game thread is forbidden at nighttime. You have 24 hours to PM me your night action if you have one. Or less. Depends on if I get bored.

[M] Mom – Host
04-26-2017, 06:10 PM

Yeah, no more waiting around. It's time to get this show on the road!

Ding ding ding! A body has been discovered! Who could it be! Why, it's...

Kyoko Kirigiri, the Ultimate Detective! Poor Kyoko did nothing wrong. In fact, she was a Hope's Peak-aligned Roleblocker! Yowch! They're gonna feel that one in the morning, aren't they! She was played by the amazing KleinerKiller. You did well, bud! Better luck next time!

Puhuhuhuhuhu! GYAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You guys are gonna have a bad time...

CLASS TRIAL #4

You have 48 hours to discuss the game freely and lynch someone. Last trial's special rule was a breather. This time, we're kicking things up a notch. You guys are gonna be super dead unless you really work together. Now, pay attention since this rule can be a doozy!

SPECIAL DAILY RULE

You must lynch someone with a unanimous vote!

of course, not completely unanimous - I don't expect the person being voted out to be super stoked to vote for themselves. Plus, they're gonna be dead anyway! Who cares about their vote!
anyone who votes no lynch or for someone other than the majority vote by the end of the day will die
naturally, the majority lockdown rule does not apply this time around. HOWEVER! If a unanimous (minus one) lynch is reached before the class trial ends, that's when we have our lockdown.

So, to sum up, you guys have 48 hours to reach a total agreement. Anyone who disagrees will die. This means the game could potentially end during this class trial if enough people go against the status quo. That goes for both Hope's Peak and Ultimate Despair.

Okay now, have fuuu~n!

[M] Aaron
04-26-2017, 06:15 PM
[##Vote: Nekomaru]

You were pretty gung ho on that Leon lynch and suddenly flip flopped on Byakuya when he was in real danger of being eliminated. Maybe I'm wrong but you're looking pretty scummy to me right now.

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-26-2017, 06:37 PM
I admit my instincts this game have been off. However I am a Vanilla town. In a quiet game all I have is people talking, and if I see something off to me I go with it. Just show that someone who was scum was after me day one. If that's not enough alone to show my innocence I guess I will wish Town good luck in the future of the game.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-26-2017, 06:48 PM
I fall asleep for a few hours and all of this stuff happens. I should have known, going to sleep is one of the main triggers for story advancement in RPGs.

While Nekomaru's staunch defending of Byakuya was suspicious, we still can't be sure that his instincts were off, like he said. I tried to investigate him last night but my role was blocked, thank you for that.

[M] Dee
04-26-2017, 07:49 PM
this game is all sorts of crazy

[M] Mom – Host
04-26-2017, 07:57 PM
Celeste;3661987']this game is all sorts of crazy

Puhuhuhuhuhu!

[M] Eizen
04-26-2017, 11:34 PM
First things first. Byakuya, man, good riddance to bad trash. Can't say I'm at all surprised to see you turn up like a "regular student" now that you're gone. Odds of bein' the god father have to be somethin' like 90%.

Kyoko, rest in piece. You weren't sure about me, and like, I wasn't really sure about you. Looks like we lost a good person though. :(

Oh man, I've got some super important information peeps. Strap in, it's gonna be a long one.

So check it out, a sadistic little bear informs me on the previous night cycle that I got, like, totally role-blocked by someone. Wasn't sure if I could disclose that info or if it'd be breakin' the rules, right? No reason to get offed for doin' somethin' stupid. But I did know that Byakuya is a bad dude, so I went ahead and voted.

Turns out I'm not the only one not feelin' that dude anymore, and he's a gonner before that bear gets back to me on whether or not I can admit someone tried to role-block me. We're locked in another night cycle, right?

So, like, a new day and sure enough, bye bye Byakuya the "Vanilla Student". However, Ying-Yang bear has some more info waitin' for me for my night cycle. Looks like someone role-blocked me again. Not a problem this time. Remember how any Vanilla Student who voted for the person who wound up gettin' lynched would be in the running to get a special, one time ability? Direct from the bear's mouth, peoples.

SPECIAL DAILY RULE

Get a special one-time night power that will give you the upper hand in a dire situation!

In order to be eligible for the prize, you must:

be one of the people who voted for the person lynched - so let's say Yasuhiro gets lynched today because five people voted for him. One of those five people has a chance to get the prize!
be a Hope's Peak Academy-Aligned Student (sorry, Ultimate Despair, you cannot take part in the lottery)
in the event that the person lynched has been voted on only by Ultimate Despair, then only the voters for the second closest to lynch candidate are eligible
naturally, the winner will not be announced in the thread - they will only be informed privately!

But what is this prize, Monokuma? Puhuhuhu, well, if you really want to know...

You will be completely immune to Ultimate Despair's attacks that night
You will receive a special one-time night action that you have to use on the next night. If you have a night action already, you can and should use both. What the action does specifically will be made known to you and you only!

Must be my good karma payin' off. More like abilities. Check it.

Told me I'd get to investigate two peeps I thought were shady in one night. The bear says if either of them are scum, the results would come back that at least one is definitely scum. So it's a 50/50 shot on which one is which. Or it could be both!

My special action could not be blocked! (Niiiice. I knew whoever blocked me would keep on blockin' me, so let 'em waste it. They can't block this part.)

So I start thinkin'. I'm puttin' my faith in Chiaki bein' the cop, right? And that seemed to be workin' out 'cause Byakuya was definitely lookin' like scum after his lynch results. So according to her, I can prob say Sakura and Nagito are cool. Chiaki likes 'em, she's a cop, I like 'em. Don't need a crystal ball for that read.

I also know Chiaki's suspish of Nekomaru. So was I. Still, I don't wanna waste a read on someone who's prob already gettin' scoped out. Thought someone might block her read on Nekomaru, but ya gotta roll the dice sometimes.

So, instead I investigate Kyoko and Celeste. Kyoko doesn't seem to like me, and I know I'm clean. Celeste just seems off to me. The bear confirms there's definitely scum in the read. All right, so I know it's one of the two, and I get ready to come in to the thread and let you know.

Until I read that Kyoko is gone. Sorry we didn't get a good read on each other, sister. Looks like you were one of the good guys. :( Still feel bad about that.

But that eliminates any variables, dudes. According to my read, and according to that evil bear, Celeste is confirmed scum.

[## Vote: Celeste]

[M] Aaron
04-27-2017, 12:07 AM
Well that's pretty damning. I guess unless there's a counter claim we know who we're lynching today.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-27-2017, 12:14 AM
I agree. Also there seems to be the matter that Yasuhiro was blocked and I was blocked, which means we have more than one person who can block. Or at least we did before Kyoko died.

I'll go for it. We need to present a united front after all so if no information arises to dispute Yasuhiro's claim, I'll vote Celeste. If anyone DOES have anything to dispute his claim, now is the time.

[##Vote: Celeste]

[M] Aaron
04-27-2017, 12:23 AM
I might ass well change my vote for now as well.

[##unvote]

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-27-2017, 01:03 AM
I have had no luck on my own. I will vote with you guys this time and see what we can find out with it.

##Vote: Celeste

[M] Dee
04-27-2017, 06:12 AM
Welp I'm way screwed lol

[M] D'Anna
04-27-2017, 12:23 PM
So you are all out of hope, are you Celeste? How shameful for the Ultimate Gambler. But then, you would know better than anyone when you've already lost, wouldn't you?

Either way, Byakuya was certainly the Godfather and his screaming battle with Yasuhiro was too convincing for me to be able to believe they are both Mafia, so I'm all for putting our faith in this investigation. However, there is a matter you shouldn't forget and should still be discussed, so I won't put down my vote just yet.

*Why did Byakuya do what he did?*

For someone called the Ultimate Affluent Progeny, surely he was thinking of some sort of gain for this monumental risk he undertook for no apparent reason. Surely he calculated far ahead to realize we would probably end up in the situation we are in now. And yet, still, he did what he did. Why?

Show me what answer the Ultimates come up with.

[M] Eizen
04-27-2017, 04:20 PM
Nagito;3662047']However, there is a matter you shouldn't forget and should still be discussed, so I won't put down my vote just yet.

*Why did Byakuya do what he did?*

For someone called the Ultimate Affluent Progeny, surely he was thinking of some sort of gain for this monumental risk he undertook for no apparent reason. Surely he calculated far ahead to realize we would probably end up in the situation we are in now. And yet, still, he did what he did. Why?

Show me what answer the Ultimates come up with.

It's a fair question, bro. All I can see is maybe this. Like, he knew it was a gamble, but he was hoping by claiming cop he could get the real cop to oust themselves and let the other mafia get a bead on 'em. No way it's a coincidence that Chiaki's cop role got blocked the same night after she came out as a cop. If people believed him, then they could night kill Chiaki, Sakura, or Sonia like Byakuya wanted. If no one buys it, then he's a goner, but the other mafia now know who they can block and can add a kill. So, since no one bought his story, they blocked Chiaki's move and killed off Kyoko. It's a number's game, man. Sacrifice one mafia to neutralize two students.

Plus there's this.

Monokuma;3661990']
Celeste;3661987']this game is all sorts of crazy

Puhuhuhuhuhu!

That bear is crazy, man. He loves makin' chaos, and there's no way Byakuya could've calculated that the bear would do somethin' like give out a special one time power. Dude probably thought it was a safe bet at first. Even if he lost, mafia is still lookin' strong. But not after I got lucky with that special ability, and by then it was too late.

The way I see it, like, we probably still have two scum left. One that can role block and probably just a goon dude. We're catchin' a break here for sure man, but I need you to have faith in me like I'm havin' faith in you, Sakura and Chiaki. She says you're good, and after her and Byakuya's cop situation it seems like she's bein' honest. So I'll leave you guys alone. Scouts honor n stuff, bro.

I know Celeste is bad news, so she's a goner in my book. After that I've only got eyes for Nekomaru, man. Unless he can really prove himself clean. That's how I'm playin' this one.

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-27-2017, 06:36 PM
Like Yasuhiro quoted it was a good mafia move at the time. Sniff out the Town power roles and sacrifice one for the good of the others if it backfired while giving them a list to target. What backfired on their plan was the special day power that allowed town to sniff two of them out and not just one.

I will also see if I can prove I am a town too now. The best evidence was day one conversation. The person who turned out to be scum (Godfather) pointed a finger in my direction. This would be a stupid move for mafia day one. To risky of a potential lynch mob with not a lot of information to go on. That's the best I can give you guys.

[M] Aaron
04-27-2017, 06:46 PM
Nekomaru;3662070']I will also see if I can prove I am a town too now. The best evidence was day one conversation. The person who turned out to be scum (Godfather) pointed a finger in my direction. This would be a stupid move for mafia day one. To risky of a potential lynch mob with not a lot of information to go on. That's the best I can give you guys.

Seems like a flimsy argument to me. Day one is, if anything, the day when people are least likely to bandwagon a single person. And as much as you want us to pay attention to his picking at you that day, he didn't even vote in the end. If the best you have is a scum made some accusations that never really went anywhere day one that's not a whole lot to base your defense on.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-27-2017, 06:51 PM
Hello everyone. Sorry I have been absent so far today, I had a busy evening yesterday evening and I have been at work today so I have missed the first quarter of the day.

I have now caught up with the class trial. What Yasuhiro says has not been counterclaimed by someone else claiming to have won the lottery, so we can probably deem that to be reliable information.

So, the Ultimate Gambler is caught out by a twist of fate.

I am still suspicious of Nekomaru. I certainly do not find it unreasonable for two Ultimate Despair members to put distance between each other by accusing the other. And this is especially so on Day One, where random finger pointing is unlikely to stick. If you look at Day One's voting record, there were numerous 'one vote' instances on several students. It is very easy to simply accuse a fellow Ultimate Despair, thereby making themselves seem opposed to one another, and have that vote not amount to a successful lynch. If anything, Day One is the perfect opportunity to make such a move under the cloak of shadows.

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-27-2017, 06:51 PM
Someone with powers scum check Gundham? If so I would love to hear the results.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Lets focus on the Celeste thing for right now since we need to present a united front this round. If anyone has info about Yasuhiro or Celeste please share. We can deal with remaining mafia when the time comes.

Also yeah I think Byakuya did what he did to draw out the cop. I doubt its a coincidence that I was blocked after that whole incident yesterday

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Also, as Yasuhiro won the lottery - and the lottery is ineligible for Ultimate Despair - it means that Yasuhiro is a Confirmed!Student.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-27-2017, 06:56 PM
Chiaki;3662077']Lets focus on the Celeste thing for right now since we need to present a united front this round. If anyone has info about Yasuhiro or Celeste please share. We can deal with remaining mafia when the time comes

Who has yet to post? Sakura? Unless Sakura has any earth-shattering revelations to heap on us, I don't see why we cannot start to discuss other topics. I have examined everyone's opinions on Celeste/Yasuhiro and I cannot add anything to what has already been said.

[M] Aaron
04-27-2017, 06:56 PM
Yeah, without someone else claiming the win on those powers Yasuhiro is 100% town.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-27-2017, 06:58 PM
Nagito and Sakura have yet to vote

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
04-27-2017, 06:58 PM
Yasuhiro is a student yes. I believe Gundham is the final scum. If anyone wants they can feel free to check me out. I am a plain vanilla student and as such has no night action. If there is a block and a kill it will show me as a student also.