PDA

View Full Version : Disney to remake Aladdin next.

FFNut
04-22-2017, 12:27 AM
I heard a small tidbit today that after the success of Beauty and the Beast recently that Disney has plans to make a live action Aladdin move next. My big question on this is who could top Robin Williams as the Genie. Rumour is Disney is after Will Smith to do it.

What at are your thoughts on this? Will you watch it? Or will it be a pass?

DMKA
04-22-2017, 12:51 AM
I'm a total Disney whore so I'd watch it regardless, but I don't know. Aladdin seems like it'd be pretty hard to pull off in live-action well.

Rostum
04-22-2017, 05:13 AM
I heard they were going to do a Genie prequel first?

Anyways, I love Aladdin. I recently saw the musical and it was so incredible. I wonder if they'll go with the original story?

Bubba
04-22-2017, 07:31 AM
I am in shock at this revelation.

Total shock.

charliepanayi
04-22-2017, 08:38 AM
You didn't mention the best bit - Guy Ritchie is directing it! Cockney gangster Aladdin! Jason Statham as the Genie seems about right.

maybee
04-28-2017, 07:22 AM
Hmmmmmghrm. Aladdin is my favourite Disney movie- so they better do it justice. I would rather they wouldn't though, considering Robin William's suicide recently.

ghrmmmmmmm.

Bubba
04-28-2017, 07:23 AM
This live action version of The Lion King will not be a patch on the animated version. Disney won't care though. The Jungle Book remake earned them nearly a billion dollars at the box office.

Don't be surprised to see Aladdin announced next.

charliepanayi
07-15-2017, 08:53 PM
Will Smith as the Genie confirmed

http://www.avclub.com/article/will-smith-genie-and-princess-jasmine-power-ranger-258134

Jinx
07-15-2017, 09:02 PM
can they stop?

all of their live action movies have been total shit.

Freya
07-15-2017, 09:28 PM
can they stop?

EXCUSE YOU?

Jungle book was great

charliepanayi
07-15-2017, 09:33 PM
can they stop?

And all of them (bar Pete's Dragon) have made a ****load of money.

Live action Dumbo directed by Tim Burton also coming. Good god...

maybee
07-16-2017, 10:03 AM
can they stop?

all of their live action movies have been total trout.

Agree, but gotta get that money !

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KNbw1kUDp5M/hqdefault.jpg

MJN SEIFER
07-16-2017, 02:03 PM
can they stop?

all of their live action movies have been total trout. I've enjoyed the ones I've seen (Which are Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, and Maleficent) - besides I love seeing live action remakes of something that wasn't live action originally, because I like to see how they handle things.

Bubba
07-17-2017, 03:34 AM
New Jungle Book was AWFUL.

Beauty and the Beast was passable... at best.

This is a huge cash-cow for Disney. Will Smith is a good choice for genie. Obviously there is only one Headmaster Cid but...

... when they release The Little Mermaid with Sophie Turner and Zac Efron... you'll know things have gone too far

charliepanayi
07-17-2017, 09:14 AM
Zac Efron? Is it 2008 or something? He went off to live in the gym and do R-rated comedies years ago.

Freya
07-17-2017, 11:50 AM
New Jungle Book was AWFUL.

Beauty and the Beast was passable... at best.

This is a huge cash-cow for Disney. Will Smith is a good choice for genie. Obviously there is only one Headmaster Cid but...

... when they release The Little Mermaid with Sophie Turner and Zac Efron... you'll know things have gone too far

Why are you so wrong lately about media, ughh