PDA

View Full Version : How often do you play your favorite games?

Wolf Kanno
04-27-2017, 04:49 AM
Are favorite games something you pull out monthly to help you unwind and experience their awesomeness over an over, or do you save these awesome games for a rainy day when you may need a pick me up or you're between new releases and don't have an absurdly large backlog due to Steam sales you forgot about?

Pumpkin
04-27-2017, 05:12 AM
Usually every few years

Fynn
04-27-2017, 06:13 AM
It all depends, really, I mostly try to play new games since I aalso have a big backlog, but sometimes I get the mood to replay an old game. It's never anything regular though.

Spuuky
04-27-2017, 09:13 PM
Other than "ongoing play" games like Dota, I rarely replay games anymore. Too many still waiting to be played. It takes a real all-time masterpiece for me to replay, and even then only if I've just gone through once, basically.

Crop
04-27-2017, 11:00 PM
My top two favourite games are FFVII and TimeSplitters 2.

FFVII I go back to every few years, since it's one of those games you appreciate more after a break from it. TS2 I play at least once a month with my buddies, we're all fans and have created loads of excellent maps and set ups that help keep the game fresh even after playing it for 15 odd years.

Sephiroth
04-28-2017, 06:51 AM
Occassionally. Last year I played through Twilight Princess three times which I guess is just occassionally for my scales seeing how often I have played through Beyond Two Souls, Life is Strange and The Last of Us in a short time which where around 10 times or even more.

Lyndis Highwind
04-29-2017, 06:10 PM
When I first played Fire Emblem 7, that was all I played for almost two years. I sadly haven't beaten it in almost six years. I go back to FF IV once in awhile, but lately I've had so many games to play, I don't really get around to playing my favorites often.

Vyk
04-30-2017, 02:25 AM
Not nearly enough. I have the weird compulsion that I don't deserve to enjoy old games I've already beaten when I've spent money on things I've barely touched. I need to get over that and just dive into enjoyment wherever it is. But I feel guilty >.< I miss Xenogears, Final Fantasy VII, Shining Force, Saints Row, and many other great games I won't allow myself enough time with

Sephex
04-30-2017, 02:49 AM
Fairly often. Sometimes I will play old favorites to help put myself in a better mood or remind myself of a simpler time in my life. Other times the mood simply strikes me.