PDA

View Full Version : Which Handheld games should I finish first...

Wolf Kanno
05-05-2017, 06:44 PM
So I've been on a bit of a roll lately, trying to clear up my backlog of unfinished games for handhelds since Bloodborne and Persona 5 currently own my console time. I finally took down Revenant Wings and Phoenix Wright, so now I'm looking to see what else I should be trying to finish up. I will point out that the games on this list are all titles I've started, and then abandoned. I have more games I haven't even started but I want to tie up loose ends before moving forward. I'm not going to bother with a poll though, I'd rather have people explain why I should finish this particular game.

PSP

Star Ocean: First Departure - I'm towards the end, getting ready to do a few of the final areas before finally leaving the past.
Persona 3 Portable (Girl Path) - I believe I'm in September, so I know the good story elements are coming, I'm just not feeling the interface and changes to P4's mechanics.
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines - I think I simply started this game back when I was really into AC, though I could tell this one will likely be a clunky experience, but it does involve one of my fave assassins.

GameBoy Advance

Pokemon Ruby - I have three badges I believe? I think part of my issues is was the disappointment of not being able to play Silver beforehand due to the battery failure.
Lufia: the Ruins of Lore - Its been so long, I'm probably just going to start over with this one.

Nintendo DS

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light - The last story area before the final dungeon opens up. The time sink is strong with this one.
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Unlocked the fire area, but now I have to do some fetch quest stuff before I can get to the temple.
Rhythm Heaven - I'm probably halfway through, but got stuck on a particular segment that I stubbornly refuse to move away from before completing it.

So which game should I be working on?

Scotty_ffgamer
05-05-2017, 07:13 PM
I'm going to say Mario and Luigi, but that's just because I'm playing it right now. I'm more towards the beginning though.

Del Murder
05-06-2017, 04:10 AM
Mario & Luigi is a classic and still my favorite Mario RPG after the original Super Mario RPG.

Wolf Kanno
05-06-2017, 06:54 PM
I guess Mario and Luigi it is.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Out of curiosity, how many hours are you into mario and Luigi?

Wolf Kanno
05-07-2017, 05:20 AM
Out of curiosity, how many hours are you into mario and Luigi?

I am a little over 22 hours in, but I'm pretty sure I'm at the game's end. It's a relatively short RPG.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-07-2017, 05:35 AM
Ok, cool. I guess I could have just looked up how long it is, but I was curious how long the game might take me. Switching between suikoden II and this game at the moment. I've been trying to go through all the games I've bought but never played.

Wolf Kanno
05-07-2017, 05:38 AM
Ok, cool. I guess I could have just looked up how long it is, but I was curious how long the game might take me. Switching between suikoden II and this game at the moment. I've been trying to go through all the games I've bought but never played.

Pretty much what I'm doing, though I'm trying to clear up some games I started but never finished.

Jinx
05-07-2017, 06:42 AM
all of them

Wolf Kanno
05-07-2017, 07:11 AM
all of them

Well that's the plan in the long run. ;)

Wolf Kanno
05-26-2017, 02:35 AM
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga is complete. Which title should I play next?

Darth Ganon
05-26-2017, 05:41 AM
Spirit Tracks!

Why? Because it's Zelda!