PDA

View Full Version : How often do you finish games?

Wolf Kanno
05-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Do you finish every game you've played, or do you simply play it until you get bored with it and leave it for a rainy day?

Spuuky
05-07-2017, 06:16 PM
I finish most games that I start. I will just stop playing if I reach a firm conclusion that I just don't really like the game, though.

Pumpkin
05-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Both.

Actually I tend to play a good way through, take a break, and then come back and finish it. I've been getting better about finishing games lately though

Karifean
05-07-2017, 07:10 PM
I try to finish everything I start. Though it does happen sometimes that I start a game from scratch and then end up just not feeling it. In that case I end up dropping it in the first 5-10 hours though, after that it's usually in the clear.

Yubel-Lover
05-07-2017, 07:16 PM
Pretty much what Karifean said

Vermachtnis
05-08-2017, 12:27 AM
I'm really bad about this. I'll start a game and play it for a bit and wonder off. OR I'll play it to finish. Like Persona 5, 90 hour game, didn't touch anything else. It just depends on the game and my attention span. I've tried to get better about it like making a beat two games before buying a new one rule.

Lyndis Highwind
05-08-2017, 06:24 PM
I finish most games that I start. I will just stop playing if I reach a firm conclusion that I just don't really like the game, though.

Same here!

Del Murder
05-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Rarely will I not finish the game. It's usually for grand scale RPGs where I just don't think the time investment is worth it. Last game I had like that was Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Madame Adequate
05-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Much of what I play doesn't have a definitive end - strategy and 4X games. Yes you can 'finish' a game of Europa Universalis 4 but you're far from done with the game itself.

I try to finish stuff but I'm pretty bad at it itbt.

Formalhaut
05-10-2017, 06:02 PM
I'm usually very good but lately I've been pretty questionable. Still haven't finished Uncharted 1. I did lapse with FFIV for a month but I'm back on that train now.

Most of the games I play are fairly long, involved affairs. The few games that don't really have a definitive end (like The Sims) I tend to play until I no longer find enjoyment. Rest assured though, I'll get that urge to play those games again.