PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Mafia XXXI - Super Fun Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

[M] Mom – Host
05-08-2017, 02:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jRi6be4.png?1
MAFIA XXXI

Hello everyone, and welcome to Tales of Mafia XXXI! I am your friendly neighbourhood Kohaku and host of this mafia game. You may call me Kohaku or Supreme Overlord Kohaku. Whichever you prefer!

For those of you who have played the Tales series, you know that there's always a traitor. Well, this time I can promise you that there's more than one! But don't worry, follow your heart and I'm sure things will work out in the end!

http://i.imgur.com/f8UReT0.jpg?1

let's get down to the dirty deets! Here are the things you need to know!
:save: Day phases last 48 hours UNLESS there is a majority lynch. Majority lynches can only happen AFTER HALFTIME, which is after the first 24 hours.
:save: Night phases last 24 hours. You have 24 hours to send me your night actions if you have any. If you don't send me your action I will hunt you down and kill you. Hahaha just kidding, I'll only take over the action myself, which could seriously mess up your game~ So don't let that happen. Friends don't let friends miss their night action!
:save: Speaking of, other than mafia peeps who can chat with each other, no one else can communicate outside of the official game thread about game details.
:save: Don't bring PM/Mognet messages in to this to make your point yada yada
:save: In order to vote to lynch someone please use the format of ##vote: whoever. I'm not super strict about formatting but I need to know that you actually intend to lynch someone and aren't just discussing it. Use ##unvote: whoever to retract your vote and use ##vote: no lynch to vote not to lynch
:save: Similarly for night actions, I am not strict on formatting. Just make sure I know what your action is going to be and we're all good!

Skits!
Skits are something special for this game, so I will explain a bit about them!
:cookie: Everyone has access to one skit that they can activate during the game whenever they choose to, as long as its during the day. In order to activate your skit, simply write in ##skit: activate to activate yours. Again, limit one per person.
:cookie: Skits give a behind the scenes look as to the happenings of the game. So, for example, if a night kill failed and someone activates a skit, it might give hints and clues as to why the night kill failed. This will not give direct info like "It failed because x" but instead will give hints and clues. They will be obvious enough though so you won't need to be a rocket scientist to figure them out.
:cookie: Because they give a behind the scenes look, the skits will change based on when they are activated. So you can go ahead and activate your right away to get more info right off the bat, or you can wait until you need it. Obviously, because the skits change, you won't know what your skit is until you activate it.
:cookie: EVERYONE will see the skits as they will play out in thread. Therefore they can benefit anyone. Keep this in mind.

Roles that may or may not be in play! Note that they will not all be in play. Remember, there are no vanilla townies in play initially!
Bodyguard - Will protect someone else from night kills at the expense of their own life. Cannot be night killed if targeted directly.
Lyncher - Will be assigned a player they need to convince other players to lynch. If they succeed they win no matter which faction wins, but if their target is night killed or lynched without them also voting to lynch that person, they become a vanilla townie.
Roleblocker - Blocks a person's ability and/or role at night.
Jailkeeper - Prevents a person from being night killed but also prevents them from using their role or ability.
Survivor - Must survive until the end of the game to win. They win with either faction.
Watcher - They will be informed of the name of the player(s) of anyone who targets their chosen player during the night.
Tracker - They will be told the name of the player that their chosen player targets during the night.
Doctor - They will protect another player from a night kill.
Cop - This player can select another player at night and will be told whether they are town, mafia, or other.
Supersaint - If this player is killed, they will also kill the player whom cast the last vote on them.
Miller - This player is a townie who will investigate as Mafia to the cop.
Ascetic - This player is immune to all night actions EXCEPT for night kills.
Bulletproof - This player cannot be night killed.
Enabler - If this player is killed, another player will lose an ability or role.
Godfather - This player is mafia that will investigate as Town to the cop.
Roleblocker - This player can prevent their target from performing their role/ability at night.

Players:
http://i.imgur.com/BBMtdMO.pngAnise
http://i.imgur.com/EqewxH5.pngColette
http://i.imgur.com/AmkoObK.pngEizen
http://i.imgur.com/7namizv.pngElize
http://i.imgur.com/3aiTFai.pngJade
http://i.imgur.com/wF6JphG.pngLloyd
http://i.imgur.com/WtJrkN3.pngMikleo
http://i.imgur.com/CMyc0xT.pngPascal
http://i.imgur.com/TG0As6d.pngRaven
http://i.imgur.com/cSgXmUB.pngRita
http://i.imgur.com/dc8wctl.pngRowen
http://i.imgur.com/qUP1XXx.pngVelvet

Remember to ask if you have any questions or anything was unclear or I messed anything up, and have fun!

The day phase is now open for 48 hours~

[M] Aaron
05-08-2017, 03:18 AM
Well hello everybody. Look at all these sexy people here ready to start the game.

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 03:24 AM

"Um, hello everyone! I'm Elize Lutus. It's a pleasure to see all of you, though I wish it were under better circumstances. Let's work together and find out who these traitors are! I have plenty of experience with traitors and liars, so I hope I'm able to help!"

"Better circumstances, Elize? We could do worse than being in a game hosted by a sexy Ms. Supreme Overlord Kohaku, though her bazongas aren't as big as Milla's. Still, she can lord over me any day of the week."

"Oh, Teepo! I told you to stop saying these things! Milla had to put out a restraining order on you! And Jude is still in hospital after your last 'kiss'!

*Sigh*. Sorry everyone. If Teepo starts to get too annoying just say and I'll put him back in his box!"

"Noooooo not the box, Elize! Come on, I'll be good! I promise!"

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 03:38 AM
Now that my introduction is out of the way - please ignore Teepo's outburst - I feel like we should use our Skits after night phases, and if someone is Town and is about to be lynched in error, they should probably use their Skit before the deciding vote is cast so Town gets as much information as possible.

While the traitors will also be privy to any behind-the-scenes goings on, they are also the ones behind-the-scenes as well, so I feel as if any information gained will produce a net benefit to Town. My only concern is whether or not the information contained within these Skits might expose our Cop or Doctor, if we have one.

A party isn't a party without a cop or doctor strippogram, Elize! They'd better have big bazongas!

No, Teepo, I'm talking about an actual Cop or Doctor! On that note, we need to be careful about what we assume. As we discovered in the last game, there were two roleblockers in play. They very well may be two of a role, or none of a role we would expect. The way the game might be balanced, there might even be two doctors for all we know.

MORE bazongas? Now you're talking my language, Elize!

[M] Aaron
05-08-2017, 04:49 AM
Ohh good looking Teepo, you behave����.

I agree with putting out our skits if we are on the way out. Let's try and save as many sexy innocents as we can����

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-08-2017, 05:35 AM
Hello, everyone, Jade here. Preemptively thanking myself on your behalf for being a man of competence and intellect, which I know will be in short supply judging by our little talent pool here. If at least three or four of us are still alive by the time we've rooted out all betrayers, I'll consider it a shining victory.

I'll concede that the child and her plush toy do make a fair point about the timing and usage of our skits, though.

[M] Eizen
05-08-2017, 08:37 AM
I'm sure we'll quickly weed out the traitors! Agreed on the use of skits proposed so far.

[M] Eizen
05-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Sprawimy of skits, I'd like to clarify one thing - can we only use them once per game, or once per game?

[M] Caprica
05-08-2017, 10:45 AM
I imagine it's pretty pointless for me to participate considering no one knows I'm here, but fair enough.

[M] Mom – Host
05-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Eizen;3662929']Sprawimy of skits, I'd like to clarify one thing - can we only use them once per game, or once per game?

I uh...

o.o

One per person per game?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-08-2017, 12:03 PM
What time does the Day Phase end/begin?

[M] Mom – Host
05-08-2017, 12:06 PM
This day phase ends tomorrow at 9:24 PM EST. So you have about 38 hours and about 14 hours until halftime

[M] Adama
05-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Hey guys. Sounds like this'll be fun.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Thanks @Kohaku.

Let's get this thing started.

##Vote: Lloyd

[M] Felix
05-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Hello!

[M] Aaron
05-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Well let's get talking. Let's make day one hard on the mafia. We can get this right from the start if we all work together.

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 02:05 PM
That sounds like a good idea, Raven!

So it seems like we've had a vote already cast by Velvet. Judging by the time and the lack of explanation, it sounds like a vote to stir conversation if you ask me. Um, Teepo, what do you think of Velvet?

BAZONGAS!!

*Thwack* I meant about her vote, Teepo!

Oh, oh! Uhhh I don't really know. What you said sounds good. We have, what, twelve people here, right? I suppose that would mean there were 3 or 4 traitors, depending on game balance and the way the roles are set up.

Wow, Teepo, that was actually a nice theory. I'm impressed!

I have my moments.

[M] Eizen
05-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Great idea! Looks like we have some material already. Knowing my luck, though, this'll probably end up biting me in the, uh... you get the picture.

Velvet;3662937']Thanks @Kohaku.

Let's get this thing started.

I understand you're doing this out of necessity rather than based on any real suspicions, but would you care to elaborate why you chose Lloyd specifically?

[M] Anise
05-08-2017, 02:41 PM
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/aselia/images/5/5a/Anise_Tatlin_%28ToA%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20161128225635
Hey everyone! This is going to be a fun game! Everyone needs to try their hardest to live! If we start off on the wrong foot, we could lose again like the last game, boooooo!

[M] Colette
05-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Um... oh my Lloyd... already in some trouble. I hope I manage to do all right.

##vote: Anise

It's that okay? I think I'm doing this right. Um... I'm sorry if I'm making a mistake and screwing things up. I'm trying my best.

[M] Anise
05-08-2017, 03:44 PM
https://lparchive.org/Tales-of-the-Abyss/Update%2076/91-50.jpg

(I just wanted to use this screen hehe)

I think we need to be wary of the skits too as town. Everyone is saying "oh well only mafia will know already what's going on in the background." When there's apparently a bunch of roles! Skits are going to possibly out some of those roles and people. It'll be interesting and could make this game go a lot faster. I'm interested to see how much information is given with the Skits.

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Oh, the skits can definitely blow up in our faces. But ultimately, if we never use them, that's valuable information we're missing out on.

I just think that we should use them at strategic points in the game. In a pinch, we could use them to generate conversation. The traitors would love to see us not talk and get stuck. If we ever find ourselves stalled, we could activate a skit in order to generate talking points from the information contained.

[M] Eizen
05-08-2017, 04:37 PM
So, was use per person per game...

And none of us really know what theirs does exactly...

hmm...

Should we set up a queue?

[M] Felix
05-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Gee, I don't know about that. I'm thinking we should probably more play it by ear. Who needs to activate their skit would depend on the situation more than just getting in line.

Remember, Miss Kohaku said our skits will change depending on what's going on and when we decide to use it. It's not like they're fixed.

[M] Anise
05-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Yeah agreed with Pascal. Cause Gee Whiz, could you imagine if they Mafia knew exactly who was up next to use their skits? They could use that to their advantage to manipulate the game flow.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Eizen;3662943']I understand you're doing this out of necessity rather than based on any real suspicions, but would you care to elaborate why you chose Lloyd specifically?

Why would I be doing this out of necessity?

Are you suggesting I should have some reason in particular to be voting Lloyd today?

[M] Eizen
05-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Velvet;3662962']
Eizen;3662943']I understand you're doing this out of necessity rather than based on any real suspicions, but would you care to elaborate why you chose Lloyd specifically?

Why would I be doing this out of necessity?

Are you suggesting I should have some reason in particular to be voting Lloyd today?

I mean nothing more than what I said. Kindly don't twist my words, will you?

No suggestions were made. I am merely asking if there was any reason for targeting Lloyd instead of anyone else who had already contributed. Necessity may have been a bad word - you did it to get your conversation started.

now don't act all defensive just because I fulfilled that intention.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Eizen;3662963']I mean nothing more than what I said. Kindly don't twist my words, will you?

No suggestions were made. I am merely asking if there was any reason for targeting Lloyd instead of anyone else who had already contributed. Necessity may have been a bad word - you did it to get your conversation started.

I didn't twist your words. I asked you two questions.

You suggest I'm being defensive, yet you accuse me of "twisting your words."

How could anyone possibly have any legit reasons to vote? It's the first vote of the game, on the first day of the game.

##Unvote: Lloyd
##Vote: Eizen

Here's to a Lloyd-Eizen scumteam.

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 07:09 PM
Grown-ups fighting already? This day's only just begun!

Um, Miss Velvet, what do you think about the skits? Or what Mr. Eizen has suggested about the queuing?

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Velvet;3662965']
Eizen;3662963']I mean nothing more than what I said. Kindly don't twist my words, will you?

I didn't twist your words. I asked you two questions.

How could anyone possibly have any legit reasons to vote? It's the first vote of the game, on the first day of the game.

Gee, remind me Elize not to get on the scary lady's bad side!

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Goodness me, sorry I'm late everyone! I can see that you've all gotten started without me. Just let me put on my reading glasses.

My, my, but you young people move quickly. But this old man will be caught up before you know it. I've still got a thing or two to show you young people.

[M] Eizen
05-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Interesting. I was merely wondering if you had any reason for singling out not the first person to post, or the second, third, fourth, or fifth, but the sixth. Of course, it might mean nothing, since as you said, it's a first vote, but I did find it interesting that you decided to single out THAT person in particular.

Maybe what I noted before wasn't defensive, but switching to voting me immediately after I make that comment? I must say, you're a quick-tempered one, to say the least!

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Elize;3662967']Grown-ups fighting already? This day's only just begun!

Um, Miss Velvet, what do you think about the skits? Or what Mr. Eizen has suggested about the queuing?

Really cool and creative concept. I really like them!

I'm going to assume that there's some advantage to using them as the game progresses, I.E. after kills, lynches and actions occur.

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Rowen;3662970']Goodness me, sorry I'm late everyone! I can see that you've all gotten started without me. Just let me put on my reading glasses.

My, my, but you young people move quickly. But this old man will be caught up before you know it. I've still got a thing or two to show you young people.

Um, Rowen, did you... change clothes, halfway through talking?

Ewwwwww I didn't want to see underneath them clothes, grandpa!

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Eizen;3662971']Interesting. I was merely wondering if you had any reason for singling out not the first person to post, or the second, third, fourth, or fifth, but the sixth. Of course, it might mean nothing, since as you said, it's a first vote, but I did find it interesting that you decided to single out THAT person in particular.

What's interesting about Lloyd in particular? Is there something you know about him that I don't?

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Velvet;3662965']I didn't twist your words. I asked you two questions.

If I might be so bold, young lady, you might be jumping to an over-hasty conclusion. I believe that all Eizen meant to ask you was if there were any particular reason why you voted for young Lloyd. Perhaps a redundant question considering that the game had only just begun and your original vote seemed intended purely to provoke discussion. However, I see no reason at this point to believe that the question was ill-intentioned.

We must think carefully and let cool heads prevail. Only our enemies are served by us taking rash action.

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 07:32 PM
So heeey I've got a cool idea for our vote Elize.

Oh no, what, Teepo?

I say we vote for the person who isn't even here yet! It'll be like talking behind their back!

Um, but what if that person shows up? You'll look pretty stupid, Teepo.

Then we'll be talking to their face! And come on, Elize, we should put our vote down somewhere. This is a demicracy! Power to the people!

*Sigh* Fine, Teepo. I'll follow your lead for now. And if this person does speak up, we can always look elsewhere!

Heeey, that's my girl! [##VOTE: Rita]

[M] Anise
05-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Velvet;3662975']
Eizen;3662971']Interesting. I was merely wondering if you had any reason for singling out not the first person to post, or the second, third, fourth, or fifth, but the sixth. Of course, it might mean nothing, since as you said, it's a first vote, but I did find it interesting that you decided to single out THAT person in particular.

What's interesting about Lloyd in particular? Is there something you know about him that I don't?

So you're not going to answer them then... Eizen asked you for reasoning of your vote and you just point the finger at them instead? hmm

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Velvet;3662975']

I think what Biker Dude found interesting was what you found interesting in Lloyd. And I think Rowen finds it interesting that you found Biker Dude's question about your interest in Lloyd interesting.

Gaah Elize this is making my head hurt!

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Elize;3662973']
Um, Rowen, did you... change clothes, halfway through talking?

Ewwwwww I didn't want to see underneath them clothes, grandpa!

A gentleman must always come prepared with attire suitable for any occasion.

[M] Eizen
05-08-2017, 07:35 PM
What is there to know, on day one? Merely speculating on what drew your eye to him instead of the others. Was it to throw off suspicion of the others before whom you may have conspired with? Or perhaps he was simply the first person to spring to mind? Probing and digging for an answer is the only weapon we have in this game.

there are other ways to beginning conversation other than voting, after all. Of course, not that you'd know with your attitude. So maybe it is true that it was merely a random direction that your finger pointed to. Notice how I hadn't started this by making any suggestions about you being the traitor - I merely asked a simple question.

a question you have yet to directly answer. Perhaps it was too vague. Should I make it more simple for you? Fine. Was there a reasoning behind it at all or was it random?

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Eizen;3662984']there are other ways to beginning conversation other than voting, after all. Of course, not that you'd know with your attitude.

Sheesh these two were in the same party together? That can't have been good.

I know, all we had to cope with was Alvin.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Elize;3662979']*Sigh* Fine, Teepo. I'll follow your lead for now. And if this person does speak up, we can always look elsewhere!

Heeey, that's my girl! [##VOTE: Rita]

Our young Miss Elize makes an interesting point: mafia would seem to benefit the most from remaining in the shadows. Of course, it's entirely possible that Rita has simply not yet had time to join the discussion. But for now, let us see if we can draw Rita out of hiding.

[##VOTE: Rita]

[M] Anise
05-08-2017, 07:45 PM
So two votes for Rita now? What is it so far?

Rita: 2 (Elize, Rowen)
Anise: 1 (Colette)
Eizen: 1 (Velvet)
Lloyd: 0 (Velvet)

I think that's everyone who voted so far. We're not even done with the first 24 hrs and we already have quite a bit of voting going on!

[M] Adama
05-08-2017, 07:46 PM
Looks like there's already some scumhunting going on! Now that's how a first day gets lively.

##Vote: Rowen

So hey, old man. Why shouldn't we be lynching you?

[M] Anise
05-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Oh you had to vote right after I posted a vote count didn't you!

Rita: 2 (Elize, Rowen)
Rowen: 1 (Lloyd)

[M] Eizen
05-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Elize;3662985']
Eizen;3662984']there are other ways to beginning conversation other than voting, after all. Of course, not that you'd know with your attitude.

Sheesh these two were in the same party together? That can't have been good.

I know, all we had to cope with was Alvin.

Oh no, perish the thought. I'm merely making observations.

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Heeeey, Doll Girl! I voted for Rita too! That should be three people for Rita! Who taught you to count?

Teepo, you don't count as a voting participant! We count as one person together.

What? I don't get a vote? For shame, society! This is a democracy! I deserve the right to vote! No taxation without representation! Viva la revolución!

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Lloyd;3662989']Looks like there's already some scumhunting going on! Now that's how a first day gets lively.

##Vote: Rowen

So hey, old man. Why shouldn't we be lynching you?

To deprive yourself of an ally, and so early in the campaign, would be quite the tactical misstep.

[M] Adama
05-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Interesting response... are you deliberately trying to lead us into reaching the natural implication that "you are one of these allies" ourselves, to make us more convinced of it? That's quite manipulative, isn't it?

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 08:29 PM
Would you have him say, Lloyd?

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 08:30 PM
My apologies if I was too indirect, young man. What I meant by my statement was simple: I am not mafia.

[M] Anise
05-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Well of course you would say that. Everyone would say that. If you said you were mafia on day one, we'd think you blew a screw loose.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Anise;3663003']Well of course you would say that. Everyone would say that. If you said you were mafia on day one, we'd think you blew a screw loose.

Indeed. However, there is no other meaningful response I can give to the question "Why shouldn't we be lynching you?". If this were later in the game, I could use evidence such as my voting record, i.e. have I consistently voted for townsfolk or for mafia. However, that is impossible on the first day.

[M] Felix
05-08-2017, 08:47 PM
The old man has a point though. What is he supposed to say? LLoyd is just as suspicious. We all are. Day one is just going to be a free-for-all, and since Miss Kohaku hasn't said anything about getting rid of quiet people, I'm with the others for now.

[##Vote: Rita]

Being quiet is as good a reason as any, day one.

[M] Adama
05-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Good. Simple and clear is how I like it best.

##Unvote: Rowen

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Lloyd;3663006']Good. Simple and clear is how I like it best.

##Unvote: Rowen

Heeeey did someone say Simple and Clean?

yKgBhxWMTGM

Wrong franchise, Teepo! We're the superior JRPG series!

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Elize;3663007']Wrong franchise, Teepo! We're the superior JRPG series!

When I was a young man, we were content to stay within our own canons. These days, every other character is... what's the phrase you youngsters use? "Pushing on the fourth door"?

[M] Anise
05-08-2017, 09:06 PM
It's one thing if someone is quiet day one because they haven't checked in. It's another if they're quiet day 2 and on. That means they haven't been kicked for being inactive. As of now, I don't think it's intentional for their inactivity.

I'm not sure I am okay with the inactive bandwagon vote already. I understand the want to maybe pull the person out for discussion but it's day 1 and not even the first 24 hrs are here.

Speaking of, Mod: Do we get modkilled for inactivity?

[M] Mom – Host
05-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Anise;3663012']It's one thing if someone is quiet day one because they haven't checked in. It's another if they're quiet day 2 and on. That means they haven't been kicked for being inactive. As of now, I don't think it's intentional for their inactivity.

I'm not sure I am okay with the inactive bandwagon vote already. I understand the want to maybe pull the person out for discussion but it's day 1 and not even the first 24 hrs are here.

Speaking of, Mod: Do we get modkilled for inactivity?

Not unless its obvious they just aren't going to play. That isn't the case right now, I think Ms. Rita is just currently occupied with her research~

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 09:10 PM
That's true. If we get close to a majority lynch on Rita, I'll unvote myself away from her. We don't want conversation ending too soon!

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-08-2017, 09:31 PM
You lot really can't be trusted to keep yourselves under control when the adults leave the room, can you? Fine. It seems too early to make an accurate swing at the enemy, but I'm not opposed to firing blindly into the dark once in a while, just to see what I hit.

##Vote: Rita

[M] Aaron
05-08-2017, 10:14 PM
At work and just caught up with the thread. Wow a lot going on for day one which is awesome. I do see a jump on with Rita who isn't in the game yet as it is less then 24hrs old.

Rowan I thought jump on the opportunity instead of trying to hunt any scum himself which makes me suspicious.

##Vote: Rowan

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Elize;3663014']That's true. If we get close to a majority lynch on Rita, I'll unvote myself away from her. We don't want conversation ending too soon!

Agreed. Furthermore, the lovely Kohaku has implied that Rita has simply not had time to post, and as Anise wisely pointed out, we're not yet halfway through the first day.

[##Unvote: Rita]

At least for the time being.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 10:17 PM
Can I add that, despite appearances, I was writing my last post before Raven had posted this. Although obviously, I can't prove that.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Well gee you guys, can't a genius work in peace? I know the rest of you don't have anything going on in your lives, but I'm the world famous Rita Mordio. It should be pretty easy to remember; I'm the one with all the knowledge about Blastia. You know that's all spirit artes are, right? Your mana lobes are just naturally occurring Blastia using a simple human spirit interface formula. I wrote three papers on the subject, which you might choose to read next time instead of just voting to lynch me right out the gate.

I mean honestly, there's being suspicious and then there's just a total unwillingness to engage your brain. I guess when you're keeping the company of gross old men like Raven and kids who are still playing with talking dolls it should be expected, really.

[##Vote: No lynch].

I mean, I could vote for one of the idiots who voted for me for no reason, but as the saying goes: "never credit malice for what is better explained by stupidity". Just because you're dumb doesn't mean you're not on my side, so I'm not voting anyone out yet. A good scientist bases her conclusions on facts, not wild speculation. It's what separates us from the amateur wannabes, Pascal...

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Heeeeeeeey that is SOOO not fair, Brainy McBrainy. I am a modern miracle, a marvel of science! I will not stand for- mmmwmmhm Elize what are you- mwwwwhm-

It is good of you to join us, Miss Rita! You seem quite intelligent, although you didn't state any reason for deciding on a No Lynch. I wish we could all stop fighting, but we have to find the traitors. What's your reason for deciding on No Lynch, Rita?

[M] Adama
05-08-2017, 10:48 PM
For someone looking down on people "unwilling to engage their brain" you sure aren't doing anything to make it any easier. Isn't generating discussion, testimony, evidence through action far more useful in the long run?

[M] Aaron
05-08-2017, 10:53 PM
I must admit I am happy to see this much conversation day one. Every little bit gets us closer to scum. Let's knock them out in consecutive days!

[M] Elize
05-08-2017, 11:02 PM
Ah, here is the current vote count:

Day One
Majority Lynch Occurs at Seven Votes

Rita: 2 (Elize, Rowen, Pascal, Jade)
Rowen: 1 (Lloyd, Raven)
Jade: 1 (Elize)
No Lynch: 1 (Rita)

Anise, Eizen, Lloyd, Mikleo, Rowen and Velvet are you to vote

I will [##UNVOTE: Rita] for now, as she has now posted and contributed some way to the discussion, even if the vote she is casting is snuffing it out.

I haven't consulted Teepo with this, but I am concerned that Mikleo hasn't spoken up in awhile. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure where he is.

Looking at the votes on Rita, I'm sensing that one of those people were a traitor looking to bandwagon quickly onto an early Town lynch. It's between Pascal and Jade, but for now I'll vote:

[##VOTE: Jade] for voting on Rita despite enough pressure having been put on the brainy scientist, even when it was pointed out that we shouldn't lynch someone so early.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Elize;3663030']Heeeeeeeey that is SOOO not fair, Brainy McBrainy. I am a modern miracle, a marvel of science! I will not stand for- mmmwmmhm Elize what are you- mwwwwhm-

It is good of you to join us, Miss Rita! You seem quite intelligent, although you didn't state any reason for deciding on a No Lynch. I wish we could all stop fighting, but we have to find the traitors. What's your reason for deciding on No Lynch, Rita?

Because there's nothing to go on except gut feeling. Even if someone came out and said "I'm a traitor!" - would you believe them? It would be a stupid thing to say if it were true, so you wouldn't make a judgement based off that alone. You'd wait until something had happened that suggested something either in favor of or against the hypothesis. It's simple logic really.

I'm not saying I couldn't be convinced to vote for someone day 1 given the right circumstances. Let's say someone were really adamantly voting for me without any real reason, and couldn't be persuaded otherwise. That would be kind of suspicious for obvious reasons. Maybe their goal is to lynch someone specific, and they think they can get it out the way early under guise of a 'shot in the dark'.

At this point we only know two things with confidence. First - I'm the smartest one here, so you should probably pay attention. Second - there are no Vanilla Townies. The best way to fish out suspects would be to ask everyone what their role is. If we get too many people claiming the same thing, that would be suspicious, and additionally it would be good reference for later. But I know that's not gonna happen - some people, including Townies, would be painting a giant target on their butts if they admitted their role. So for the time being, without any better information, I have to vote No Lynch. I don't know what the Mafia/Townie ratio is but I figure if we blindly shoot into the darkness the odds won't be in our favor.

[M] Aaron
05-08-2017, 11:21 PM
I was also debating on doing an early role claim for myself to try and fish out scum. Decided against it as I feel scum will try and claim my role and it will set them up as definitive scum.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-08-2017, 11:21 PM
At least someone is willing to use their brain. I'll withdraw my shot in the dark, at least for time being.

##Unvote: Rita

I'm unwilling to commit to a No Lynch at this juncture, even though the child who voted for me is grating at my nerves.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Mikleo, as Miss Eize pointed out, you haven't said anything in quite a while. Do you have anything to add? Colette, as well, I don't believe that you have spoken in some time.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-08-2017, 11:24 PM
For now, I'm afraid I must bid you all goodnight. You need your rest at my age, believe me.

[M] Aaron
05-09-2017, 12:27 AM
I am suspicious of anyone not wanting the skits to be known to be honest. Sure it could blow up in our face, but it could also blow up in the Mafia's face at the same time. We need as much information as possible and though talking is great for us, why be scared to use another tool at our disposal that will help us snuff out the scum. It may save a town life if used at the right time.

[M] Mom – Host
05-09-2017, 02:12 AM
I'm going to go ahead and call halftime here. That means there are 24 hours left before we get to the every exciting night phase. I am very happy to see how active this thread is, but also sad to see all of my friends fighting like this.

http://i.imgur.com/dGmIlzU.png?1

Oh well, I suppose it can't be helped, we need to weed out those traitors after all.

Since it is now officially halftime, majority lynches can happen. As Elize helpfully said earlier, 7 votes are needed to reach a majority.

This is the vote tally so far. Let me know if I got anything wrong!

Lloyd - 0 (Velvet)
Anise - 1 (Colette)
Eizen - 1 (Velvet)
Rita - 1 (Elize, Rowen, Pascal, Jade)
Rowen - 1 (Lloyd, Raven)
No Lynch - 1 (Rita)
Jade - 1 (Elize)

Have a happy, teamwork filled rest of the day! 24 hours to go!

[M] Aaron
05-09-2017, 02:40 AM
So it's halftime and I thought I would go through my list of most suspicious to least so far.

Most Suspicious:

Rowan: He was the first to jump on the Rita bandwagon and pulled it when he saw heat.

Jade: Also jumped on the Rita bandwagon and really didn't look like Jade looked at the thread before the vote, just the vote count and saw it as a easy Lynch. Very scum like voting.

Colette: Silence is upping my suspicions on Colette

Pascal: Same reason as Colette. No real scum hunting, or wish to join the scum hunting.

Unsure people:

Anise: just can't get a good or bad read.
Rita: Just don't have a lot of info to go on to get a good read yet

Not Suspicious:

Lloyd: I have seen him do some scum hunting.

Velvet: Has openly looked for anything that could be Scummy. Cast first vote to open conversation.

Elzen: Has done a bit of hunting.

Elize and Teepo: Has opened up with the want to share information which should help town. Helped open conversation.

[M] Aaron
05-09-2017, 02:42 AM
Ohh wow just noticed I forgot Mikleo. If the game plan is fly under the radar they are doing a good job. That being said I am always suspicious of people who don't want to try and do some scum hunting or talking in general.

[M] Eizen
05-09-2017, 06:01 AM
Sorry to say this but your reasoning for most of these is flimsy at best. Rowan may of course be leading the conversation in order to turn it in Mafia's favor, but then you say it's suspicious he pulled out from voting Rita, while later Jade is suspicious for not doing that soon enough? With such a large number of people and such a big majority to reach, as well as there being at least one vote on several other people, adding one vote to the person with the most votes this early isn't indicative of anything. And neither is refusing to invite someone when the risk of a majority lockdown is so far away.

And then "hunting" makes people like Velvet and I not suspicious? Please elaborate on what you mean by that because I wouldn't describe the things she and I did as even remotely resembling each other.

Don't get me weong, it's great that you're trying to move the conversation forward, but when you base your assumptions on such flimsy reasoning And people start following you, we may just get led straight into the mafia' don't hands.

[M] Caprica
05-09-2017, 08:27 AM
If being invisible means no suspects me, I suppose there are some advantages.

I propose doing a No Lynch, simply because it allows us to gather additional information prior to killing people off but I want to read the thread so as to best ascertain if that is the correct play.

[M] Eizen
05-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Personally, I believe voting no Lynch would be sub-optimal. In this game specifically. This day has been rich in discussion so far. This will continue and perhaps we can reach some form of consensus.

As long as we manage to tune out the mafia voices, of course. But we can only guess which those are.

[M] Caprica
05-09-2017, 08:38 AM
I do find Eizen's willingness to argue and speed to be on the offensive rather unusual considering it's only Day One. Even relative fools like Raven didn't feel inclined to do that. That being said, he is genuinely contributing to discussion so

##Vote: No Lynch

I'm not comfortable spilling blood right now.

[M] Caprica
05-09-2017, 08:39 AM
I also think it's imperative to level the distinction between scum and merely poor judgment.

[M] Eizen
05-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Naturally. Which is why, as you'll notice, I've refrained from voting so far.

[M] Felix
05-09-2017, 12:53 PM
My, my, such a list.

Where would Raven put himself on that list? As Eizen has pointed out, it's a list with some pretty scattered reasoning. It almost looks like you decided who you were going to put where on the list first, and then tried to come up with reasons why.

Now that everyone is talking, I suppose the problem is that we don't really know who might be suspicious. That's always the problem with day one Mafia, but I think this time Miss Kohaku may have given us a way to work around that a little bit.

I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger day one. So, HERE WE GO!!!##Skit: Activate!!!!!!

[M] Aaron
05-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Like both Pascal and Eizen pointed out it is a day one list. I put it out in hopes to stir more conversation. I don't have much except what people have said in thread as there has been no strikes by scum to this point, and no lynches. By the end of the day it could change dramatically based on new information as it becomes available.

[M] Eizen
05-09-2017, 01:11 PM
That's fine, but I think the most glaring thing about it was assuming Velvet, myself and others were beyond suspicion simply because we are "scum-hunting". A good mafia will be indistinguishable from town up to a certain point, so of course trying to present as an active investigator will be part of their strategy. I will concede that it's still too early to consider somebody suspicious on day one. But it's also much too early to consider anyone beyond suspicion.

So far only Velvet really makes me raise my eyebrow, though I'm still not sure if her dodging my question and trying to frame me instead is indicative of her being mafia or just a quirk of her playstyle. I'm still patiently awaiting an official answer to my question from her.

I'm also curious what evidence Pascal's skit will yield!

[M] Aaron
05-09-2017, 01:16 PM
I didn't mean to say they were beyond suspicious, however the way they were playing made me feel like they were more towards town. This is Mafia, if you let your guard down at all your head will role. Always be suspicious of everyone.

I too am wondering how the first skit put out by Pascal will play out.

[M] Mom – Host
05-09-2017, 03:56 PM
I apologize. Miss Kohaku was getting her beauty sleep!

Here is your first skit!

http://i.imgur.com/YfawQUs.png?1

Hmm. There sure are a lot of suspicious people right now. But how do we know who to trust?

http://i.imgur.com/YVWieDT.jpg?1

It is still a bit early to tell but out of respect for a fellow scientist, I shall impart you with a bit of knowledge I've gathered. It seems that some of our acquaintances hold more than one role on the list.

http://i.imgur.com/YfawQUs.png?1

So what you're saying is that... some of our friends probably have a passive and an active role?

http://i.imgur.com/JcSHblA.png?1

Wow, that's exciting!

http://i.imgur.com/6kfiwyH.jpg?1

Indeed. But whether that makes them an asset or incredibly dangerous has yet to be seen.

[M] Anise
05-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Ohhhhh so that's how the skits work!

So some people may have multiple roles? This could become a very dangerous game! I wonder if they know of their passive roles?

Okay. I'm for a ##Vote: No Lynch

There are just too many possible roles for us to hit for us to possibly sacrifice a good one on accident day one.

[M] Eizen
05-09-2017, 04:17 PM
That is a good point. But then again, there is a high chance we'll lose someone with two roles at night as well. Wouldn't it be better for us to act fast and attempt to cripple mafia before they get a chance to overwhelm us?

[M] Anise
05-09-2017, 04:45 PM
No?

You will have the same chance at night of losing someone regardless if you lynch day one or not. If you don't lynch day one, you only lose 1 person verse losing possibly 2.

We may be lucky and a night kill may not go through. That's up to chance though. We can't control night one's chance. We can control day 1 though. Why not keep more of us alive rather than sacrificing someone? We don't have that much information to go off of on day 1.

I would feel more comfortable keeping a possible useful town role(or two apparently) alive then losing two people from Day one and night 1. Which could possibly be 4 useful roles with this new info!

[M] Caprica
05-09-2017, 05:50 PM
I agree with the child, rather amusingly. If we preserve our numbers now we have more people to work with in the coming days rather than taking the probable risk of axing an asset to the town. Once we have more information, our decisions are more informed and rational so I'd prefer to default to waiting til we have a lead that's actually substantive.

[M] Felix
05-09-2017, 06:35 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/600x315/06/81/51/068151a4a004a2791eda6d5e6fc8fd07.jpg

Well that's definitely some good information, but it didn't do anything towards helping narrow down the list.

I might agree with a no vote for now. On top of the good guys having the number advantage, these roles make the odds of mafia hitting a target even harder.

Bodyguard - Will protect someone else from night kills at the expense of their own life. Cannot be night killed if targeted directly.
Supersaint - If this player is killed, they will also kill the player whom cast the last vote on them.

Yes, they may not all be in play, but since we all know that none of us are vanilla townies we can assume a lot of these are probably active. They all have the ability to stop mafia and/or mess up who they're trying to target.

[##Unvote: Rita]
[##Vote: No Lynch]

For now, at least.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-09-2017, 06:46 PM
##Vote: No Lynch

As much as I would love to once more hedge my bets on my unmatched intellect pinpointing a traitor Day 1, I find myself growing increasingly wary as the deadline approaches, and as such, I agree with Anise and reluctantly admit to my earlier mistake. It's too great a risk when we have no solid leads or proper evidence, and the odds of random chance placing a mafia member's neck in the noose are not promising.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Pascal's skit has revealed a very interesting fact. If some players have multiple roles, the situation becomes much more complicated. Perhaps this old man is being overly cautious, but learning this makes me lean in favour of no lynch for the first day.

[##Vote: No Lynch]

[M] Eizen
05-09-2017, 07:04 PM
And we're one vote away from a no Lynch lockdown.

[M] Elize
05-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Sheesh, guys, there's still like, so much more time to talk about bazongas. And also the traitors, I guess.

Teepo's right. I find it suspicious that people like Jade and Rowen are trying to end the day early. The traitors would want to make it night-time quickly!

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Very well. I shall save my no lynch vote for later. No need to end the day early.

[##Unvote: No Lynch]

[M] Mom – Host
05-09-2017, 09:04 PM
You guys have about 5-5.5 hours left before the night phase to get the ever so important discussion done that you delayed the exciting night phase for!

[M] Aaron
05-09-2017, 09:17 PM
Our hostess is right, still time left to get some talking done here.

The skit gave us a lot of information to digest. First off people may have more then one roll. However I am wondering if that would be Town being able to be say a cop or a Tracker and they can use either or, or is that mafia getting to choose who is the goon, and who will be a Role Blocker.

I am leaning towards the latter as it would allow the mafia to swap out who does what so if one makes a kill night one, they can stay in bed night two showing no movement if someone tries to track them. However they will turn up scum when the cop investigates them.

That's how I am more leaning towards from the results of the skit anyhow, anyone see if I am reading it wrong or have anything to add?

[M] Aaron
05-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Wait, re-reading the skit I can conclude that I was way off.

The way I re-read it was the Doctor may also be the supersaint, and thus if we lynch him we lose the last person who voted for him too.

Hopefully it will convince the scum that it would be dangerous to pile on a vote if that is the case.

[M] Colette
05-09-2017, 11:20 PM
Oh my, I've been so busy. Genus needed me to help him move and I've been so busy with killing monsters to earn some extra gold. I only just had time to catch up on everything.

Right now I'm thinking no lynch. I hope it's not a mistake and normally I wouldn't be for it but with all of us having abilities it seems like it'd be a good idea to keep everyone we can alive day one so we get some use out of them. I'm sorry if that's wrong.

[##unvote]

I won't make my vote though so the day doesn't end early.

[M] Elize
05-09-2017, 11:57 PM

"Hmm, Teepo, can you shed some light on the situation?"

"Sure Elize, let me take a look at the list of roles and see which ones are passive and active!"

Kohaku;3662902']
Lyncher - Will be assigned a player they need to convince other players to lynch. If they succeed they win no matter which faction wins, but if their target is night killed or lynched without them also voting to lynch that person, they become a vanilla townie.
Jailkeeper - Prevents a person from being night killed but also prevents them from using their role or ability.
Survivor - Must survive until the end of the game to win. They win with either faction.
Watcher - They will be informed of the name of the player(s) of anyone who targets their chosen player during the night.
Tracker - They will be told the name of the player that their chosen player targets during the night.
Cop - This player can select another player at night and will be told whether they are town, mafia, or other.
Enabler - If this player is killed, another player will lose an ability or role.
Roleblocker - This player can prevent their target from performing their role/ability at night.

"So a passive role is one which has no ability to choose when or not to use a role ability. They're just kinda... there? So a bulletproof is a passive, because you don't choose to be bulletproof, unless you can activate it, but I'll get onto that."

"An activated role is one where the person chooses to use it. So a Doctor would choose to use their bazongas to resuscitate the target, at least that's how they work with me. Anyway, if you have to choose to use it, it is active."

"I've marked down on the quote which ones are passive and active. Passive is green, and active is orange."

"Now the passive abilities make sense right? But some are powerful. Take bulletproof. That's quite an ability! It's possible that if someone has that passive ability, it is what's known as an activated ability. This means the person 'chooses' to be bulletproof: normally they have a limited number of uses, which we call x-shot. So it might be 1-shot (1 use), or whatever."

"There's no way of knowing whether any of the passives are in play, and if they are, if they are passive or 'activated'. But hopefully this helps everyone with an understanding of what a passive and an active role is."

"So we could have a Bulletproof Tracker? An Ascetic Roleblocker? A Miller Doctor? So many options!"

[M] Adama
05-10-2017, 12:17 AM
So that's how these skits work. Makes me want to see more of them, but it's probably better to hold onto them for now. Who knows what information we might be able to gleam from them later on.

Also, Jade, is there any meaning to the fact that you are the one who shared this information in the skit?

[M] Aaron
05-10-2017, 12:31 AM
I am for the skits. I like getting the most information as possible to try to make the best judgment I can to eliminate the Mafia. Agree with Lloyd that we should hold off on them as they may give us more details as the game goes on. However I am 100% thinking they are a good thing.

[M] Mom – Host
05-10-2017, 12:33 AM
People present in skits will be the activating person and people if my choosing based on what I feel suits the tone of the skits best. The players have nothing to do with it themselves!

1.5-2 hours remaining before the night phase activates. Now is the time to wrap up any discussions you have and start thinking about your night strategy if you have an activating ability! It could be the difference between life and death after all~

And remember, Miss Kohaku will be using your ability for you if you don't meet the deadline~~

[M] Adama
05-10-2017, 12:40 AM
Kohaku;3663143']People present in skits will be the activating person and people if my choosing based on what I feel suits the tone of the skits best. The players have nothing to do with it themselves!

Good to know.

So we're about to hit the deadline and right now it's looking like a No Lynch. I'm slightly apprehensive towards the idea, though in a game with no vanillas and skits for some extra clues we can probably (hopefully) gain enough information to make up for the lack of scum kill potential.

[M] Mom – Host
05-10-2017, 02:16 AM
Night 1

Here is the total vote tally! Let me know if I made any mistakes please!

Lloyd - 0 (Velvet)
Anise - 0 (Colette)
Eizen - 1 (Velvet)
Rita - 0 (Elize, Rowen, Pascal, Jade)
Rowen - 1 (Lloyd, Raven)
No Lynch - 5 (Rita, Mikleo, Anise, Pascal, Jade, Rowen)
Jade - 1 (Elize)

Good job friends, you managed to not kill each other for a whole day! But let's see how long that lasts tonight. Will we all continue to work together in harmony, avoiding a night kill on the first night? Or will we wake up to a dead teammate?

You have 24 hours to send me your night actions. Get to gettin!

[M] Mom – Host
05-10-2017, 11:30 PM
Day 2

Miss Kohaku has an early day tomorrow so she's going to start the next day early. That way I'll have time left for some skits if anyone chooses to use theirs before I go to bed.

As far as who died in the night...

No one!
http://i.imgur.com/f8UReT0.jpg?1

Looks like my cute death avatars are going to have to wait~

48 hours until the next night phase. Halftime is at 24 hours after which a majority lynch can happen. 7 votes needed for a majority!

Have fun guys~

[M] Aaron
05-10-2017, 11:37 PM
way to go doctor!

[M] Aaron
05-10-2017, 11:38 PM
So I am curious on how everyone's night was? Anyone have any information to share to shed some light on things?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-11-2017, 12:18 AM
Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of activity on Day 1. I'll be making more of an effort in this phase.

##Vote: Raven

[M] Colette
05-11-2017, 12:24 AM
I hope this isn't wrong, but asking people to role claim so early when we're ahead in the game seems very suspicious.

[M] Aaron
05-11-2017, 12:30 AM
I never asked for a role claim, just wondering if anyone has any information.

[M] Aaron
05-11-2017, 12:30 AM
Welcome back Velvet.

[M] Anise
05-11-2017, 12:36 AM
Yeah I'm not really for "Asking if anyone has an information" like that. If anyone has any information they'll be kind of telling their roles, which is role claiming. And why should we role claim and out ourselves when we have access to other things that provide info.

Such as

##Skit: Activate

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-11-2017, 12:37 AM
Raven didn't ask for a roleclaim. I'm voting him because mafia like to comment on their nightkill early when it doesn't go through, and he seems to be fishing for information.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-11-2017, 12:41 AM
Colette;3663226']I hope this isn't wrong, but asking people to role claim so early when we're ahead in the game seems very suspicious.

Really? I don't think so at all. It's the only way we're likely to get any information at all given that everyone survived the night. We can either start talking about each other's roles or we can have an exact repeat of day one. If that's what you expect to happen, let me know so I can vote No Lynch early and spend the rest of my day writing up my report on the aer krene. I'm really hoping to get it finished before I'm, you know, brutally murdered in my sleep or something.

[M] Mom – Host
05-11-2017, 12:49 AM
Here is your skit, Anise!

http://i.imgur.com/W0VCGHl.jpg?1

I'm happy no one died, but that's pretty weird. I wonder if someone blocked the mafia action or if a doc or jailkeeper or some other role just prevented it from going through.

http://i.imgur.com/nLOWph7.gif?1

Umm, well, actually I have some information that might help. There's only a jailkeeper or a doctor, not both.

http://i.imgur.com/5PI2Vui.png?1

Really? Then do you think they tried not to lynch just to trip us up?

http://i.imgur.com/dlq4g0C.jpg?1

No, that's definitely not it.

http://i.imgur.com/Vtp3Aqv.jpg?1

What's more, it seems that two roles cancelled each other out last night.

Hmm. Seems like we have a bit of a mystery on our hands.

[M] Colette
05-11-2017, 12:55 AM
Well that is some useful information.

And I called ravens question a call to role claim because it essentially is. Aside from being able to confirm if someone's ability was blocked it would be very hard to say anything without hinting at what their role was at least. I'm sorry, that's just how I feel.

[M] Aaron
05-11-2017, 12:57 AM
What I got from the skit was two mafia tried to make a kill. That would make both fail.

It tells me the scum are fighting with each other! That is good news for us.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-11-2017, 12:58 AM
If there's a Jailor, they might have prevented a night kill from a potential Godfather.

If there's a Doctor, they may have prevented a kill and know who's town.

I wouldn't reveal anything in either scenario. Whoever is the Doctor/Jailor, you have the upper hand when it comes to information. Use it to your advantage.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-11-2017, 12:59 AM
Raven;3663235']What I got from the skit was two mafia tried to make a kill. That would make both fail.

Why would this ever be your first conclusion?

[M] Aaron
05-11-2017, 12:59 AM
No it's ok, I can see how it looked that way. My ability is passive so I don't have any information myself and was looking for anything new.

[M] Aaron
05-11-2017, 01:02 AM
Velvet;3663237']
Raven;3663235']What I got from the skit was two mafia tried to make a kill. That would make both fail.

Two moves cancelled each other out.

It said that two roles cancelled each other out. It has been a common rule that if two nightkills on the same person get sent they cancel each other out. I was going off rules that have been in games past.

[M] Aaron
05-11-2017, 01:09 AM
I will also say there is probably no jail keeper as Doctor is a massive role to just omit, however it would keep us on our toes.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-11-2017, 01:12 AM
Raven;3663239']
Velvet;3663237']

Two moves cancelled each other out.

It said that two roles cancelled each other out. It has been a common rule that if two nightkills on the same person get sent they cancel each other out. I was going off rules that have been in games past.

It's a potential possibility, sure, but it's probably the least likely scenario out of all of them. Mafia can communicate with each other; why would they both target the same person and cancel out the kill? All that would do is risk exposing them to a Tracker or a Watcher.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-11-2017, 01:14 AM
My word, all of you managed to keep your heads attached to your necks for a whole 24 hours? You briefly have my respect. If only I had some gold star stickers to hand out.

The skit is... illuminating, if concerning. Only a doctor or a jailkeeper, not both? That limits our ability to protect ourselves (though unless someone who was attacked was simply immune, whoever the Doctor/Jailkeeper must have done something right), and is now something the mafia could potentially exploit. And two roles cancelled each other out? I have no idea yet what this means at all. Nothing good, I'm sure. I will take this information into account, and hopefully come out with some suspicions and a vote later in the day.

Raven, either I've woken up in a fantasy world where logic has no place, or your conclusion is ludicrous. Why would two mafia members try to kill the same person if it's generally held that the mafia communicates with each other? And has this "rule", however common in the past, been mentioned here at all? Miss Kohaku, would you be so kind as to illuminate whether the cancellation rule is or isn't in place here?

[M] Aaron
05-11-2017, 01:22 AM
It is the first thing that came to my head when I read the skit. Just because Mafia can communicate doesn't mean they may not mess up. It can happen people get busy IRL and then feel pushed and just act. Could be the scenario here too.

[M] Aaron
05-11-2017, 01:26 AM
Jail keeper: prevents a nightkill but also prevents them from preforming their role or ability.

We may not have a doctor.

[M] Mom – Host
05-11-2017, 01:27 AM
I can't clearly spell it out but the game is set up that there would be no way for it to be an issue

[M] Mom – Host
05-11-2017, 01:28 AM
In regards to the cancellation rule

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-11-2017, 01:32 AM
... Interesting. So in all likelihood, it was some other means of roles canceling each other out, which makes this whole thing far more complicated.

Luckily for all of you, I like complicated things.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-11-2017, 01:43 AM
Jade;3663248']... Interesting. So in all likelihood, it was some other means of roles canceling each other out, which makes this whole thing far more complicated.

Luckily for all of you, I like complicated things.

Well, all we've really ruled out here is that two inept killers didn't knock themselves out trying to sneak through the same window last night. And without Karol here I don't think we have two people incompetent enough to manage that anyway, so it was never a serious consideration.

[M] Anise
05-11-2017, 01:47 AM
This skit reveals a bit to us. The cancelling thing I'm curious about though. If two roles cancelled each other out, I wonder what those two roles are.

:save: Colors :save: green is town, red is mafia, yellow is passive, purple is third party.

Roleblocker - Blocks a person's ability and/or role at night.

Okay so some of these roles could be mafia or town. We need to consider that. Godfather is the only confirmed mafia role. Roleblocker is also on there twice? Doctor would be confirmed town but Jailkeeper could possibly be a mafia role? The wording says "prevents night killed" though i'm assuming town. I just marked it both just in case cause i could possibly see that happening? I guess?

If we didn't have a kill go through and there's either a doc or a jailkeeper than that almost confirms to me that someone stopped the night kill. Unless there's so other variant i'm not thinking of which with a role heavy game like this, that could be it.

hmm i'll have to think about this more

Raven;3663243']It is the first thing that came to my head when I read the skit. Just because Mafia can communicate doesn't mean they may not mess up. It can happen people get busy IRL and then feel pushed and just act. Could be the scenario here too.

That would just be entirely too convenient for town. The Mafia doesn't talk to each other so they mess up and do the same thing? What a strange idea to think of. I mean the idea of a roleblocker blocking a mafia or jailkeeper keeping a mafia from doing anything or a doctor getting a protection off. Like I get all those things theories. But THAT was the first thing that came to mind? Was that the mafia are fighting each other? Unless we're dealing with duel mafias, mafia infighting on night one seems like a reach. So this is a strange thing you came to...

[M] Aaron
05-11-2017, 01:56 AM
I am just trying to get it all out there. The more we can scratch off the list of what happened the closer we get to singling in on what happened and it may lead us to a mafia. Information is the only weapon us Town have to really put the fight to them.

[M] Caprica
05-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Interesting. Let's see how mine goes. ##Skit: Activate

[M] Mom – Host
05-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Here is your skit Mikleo!

http://i.imgur.com/uKnmcTU.png?1

I may have a bit more info I can share with you guys. It seems that if we lynch our enabler...

http://i.imgur.com/hLRzJTv.png?1

...We might lose our team's bulletproof ability.

http://i.imgur.com/ljz8T8t.png?1

Wow, that's a shot in the dark for mafia. Seems like we're making it pretty tough on them, guys!

http://i.imgur.com/SOHrkrM.jpg?1

I wouldn't celebrate too early though. Turns out that there's a bit of a failsafe in place and if mafia fail their nightkill 3 times in a row....

http://i.imgur.com/cxu45Tx.png?1

One of us might just turn traitor, ahahaha!

http://i.imgur.com/uKnmcTU.png?1

[M] Eizen
05-11-2017, 11:47 AM
I suppose it's only fair for me to inform you all that I cannot be too active during this day phase as I have certain errands I must take care of. So let me just get some things out of the way:

The skit revelations have shown us that this is no regular game; anything can happen so we should be extra careful
At the same time, the rules revealed kind of necessitate that we work fast; we got lucky this time, but if someone such as the Enabler die, we become pretty crippled. We should act while we're at full strength.
##vote: Velvet

Not to be petty, but to the very end of the day she's completely refused to answer my question and basically only pointed the finger at me after I asked. I don't buy the innocent she's putting up today. She hasn't contributed at all despite trying to look like she did. Unless she can redeem herself today, I remain fairly sceptical of any good will on her part

[M] Adama
05-11-2017, 12:15 PM
Wow, these skits are awesome. So scum definitely tried to kill someone but was thwarted, there's only either a Jailkeeper or a Doc in the game and two roles cancelled each other out last night. Plus, we have an Enabler and a Bulletproof, but the Enabler is enabling the Bulletproof so the latter turns vanilla if the Enabler is killed. And also Mafia apparently get a new team member if they fail their night kills three times in a row. Maybe they already knew of that rule and had their own kill fail on purpose? That would be quite the sneaky play.

Anise, how come you put Roleblocker as a Town only role in your list? Why wouldn't it be a potential Mafia side role?

[M] Mom – Host
05-11-2017, 12:23 PM
NOT ON MY WATCH!

If mafia is caught trying to cheat the system, they won't get their ally if they need it!

Kohaku don't put up with none of that!

[M] Felix
05-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Unless someone already stated it and I missed it, everyone is assuming the two people negating each other's abilities had something to do with the night kill being prevented.

It could be a scenario where a Roleblocker targeted the Jailkeeper while the Jailkeeper tried to target that same Roleblocker. They'd effectively cancel each other out.

Then in a completely unrelated situation, mafia had the bad luck of targeting the Bulletproof player, or the Bodyguard, and it didn't go through because of that.

I'm not saying that's absolutely what happened, but it is a possible scenario. With all these roles, it's like I said before,

Pascal;3663107']

On top of the good guys having the number advantage, these roles make the odds of mafia hitting a target even harder.

Yes, they may not all be in play, but since we all know that none of us are vanilla townies we can assume a lot of these are probably active. They all have the ability to stop mafia and/or mess up who they're trying to target.

So since it obviously doesn't make sense for either Bodyguard or Bulletproof to be mafia since they're both abilities that negate night kills, and mafia doesn't need to worry about being night killed, then the scenario I mentioned is actually a strong possibility.

Now the problem is we're basically starting back at day one all over again. It's great we all made it, but we're no closer to figuring out who mafia is. The first time I voted no lynch, but we can't just keep voting no lynch. Especially if mafia can get an extra person out of it. Any ideas?

[M] Anise
05-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Lloyd;3663285']

Anise, how come you put Roleblocker as a Town only role in your list? Why wouldn't it be a potential Mafia side role?

I didn't actually! Roleblocker is on the list twice for some reason. So on the top I marked that one red and on the bottom I marked that one green.

I don't know if that was an accident to list both or that means there are two roleblockers!

[M] Mom – Host
05-11-2017, 01:29 PM
Anise;3663298']
I don't know if that was an accident to list both or that means there are two roleblockers!

Maybe I did it on purpose, maybe it was to throw you guys off, or maybe I'm just incompetent!

I guess we'll never know~

[M] Adama
05-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Ohh now I see it. My bad.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Here's my summary from Day 1:

Anise
- Seems to defend Eizen against Velvet’s vote
- Voted No Lynch

Colette
- Says that Lloyd is “already in trouble”
- Voted Anise -> Unvoted

Eizen
- Questions why Velvet voted Lloyd
- Acts somewhat defensive in response to Velvet’s questioning
- Finds it interesting that Velvet singled out Lloyd in particular
- Advocates for a lynch as opposed to no lynch
- Suggests that mafia can be indistinguishable from town, so they can be scumhunting as well

Elize
- Suggests using skits after Night Phases
- Also suggests there are two roleblockers or two doctors
- Speculates that there are 3-4 mafia
- Asks Velvet about the Skits
- Voted Rita -> Unvoted -> Voted Jade

Jade
- Voted for Rita -> Unvoted -> Voted No Lynch
- His vote was the 4th placed on her

Lloyd
- Voted Rowen -> Unvoted
- Put a significant amount of pressure on Rowen, but ultimately did not vote for him

Mikleo
- Voted No Lynch

Pascal
- Voted Rita -> Unvoted -> Voted No Lynch
- Third vote on Rita, which appeared to be a bandwagon vote. Reason given was because she was “quiet”
- Activates her Skit

Raven
- Voted for Rowan
- Assumed Rowan was jumping on the opportunity to vote Rita instead of hunting scum himself.
- Townreads: Lloyd, Velvet, Eizen, Elize
- Scumreads: Rowan, Jade, Colette, Pascal
- Unknown: Anise, Rita, Mikleo

Rita
- Votes No Lynch
- Does not want town to roleclaim, but suggests it is the best way to fish out scum

Rowen
- Dismisses Velvet’s suggestion of an Eizen-Lloyd scumteam
- Votes for Rita -> Unvotes -> Voted No Lynch -> Unvoted
- Says that he is not mafia

Velvet
- Voted Lloyd -> Eizen
- Questions why Eizen would think she voted Lloyd out of necessity, asks why she should have a reason to vote Lloyd

Skits:
- Some players hold an active and a passive role

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Early townreads so far:
Eizen, Elize, Raven, Rowen?

Eizen - Seems willing to ask questions and scumhunt even if they may be misguided.
Elize - Putting in a lot of effort with regards to talking to multiple players and analyzing the role list.
Raven - While I'm confused at how he concludes that there were two killing roles who targeted each other (which could end up being a slip that he is one of them), and he seemed to give up his role at the slightest bit of pressure, I have him as slightly townie.
Rowen - Not as sure about him as the others, but I'm getting a definite townvibe from him.

My biggest scumread is Mikleo. He's laying far too low in this game, and managed to escape any pressure in Day 1. Rita nearly got lynched for not posting, when he has been on absolute radio silence.

##Unvote: Raven
##Vote: Mikleo

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-11-2017, 07:23 PM
This just keeps getting more and more complex.

I'm not ready to cast a vote yet, but currently, I'm rather suspicious of Raven and Collette. The former has posted quite a bit without really saying much of substance, and Collette has barely posted at all. Both could be completely innocuous, of course, but both could also be potential suspects. And I may end up agreeing with Velvet about Mikleo's suspicious nature, but I need to chart out how all of this new information could possibly fit into our preconceptions before I make any rash judgements.

[M] Aaron
05-11-2017, 08:45 PM
Funny you are suspicious of me Jade as you are top on my list. However the second skit did give us even more information. Once I am off work I will study it up on everything again and post new thoughts.

[M] Colette
05-11-2017, 09:24 PM
[##vote: Raven]

Right now Raven is by far most suspicious to me. Not only have they not really said anything substantial all game, their conclusions are so out there that I can scarcely believe they get to them at all, let alone first. Velvet is on my radar as well for saying a lot without really saying anything. Just some comments on getting this or that vibe from people without any real detail as to why and recapping general events with zero context and no real analysis on their part. Not enough to convince me at this early stage but I'm keeping my eye on them.

And sorry again about being so busy killing monsters for some extra gold everyone. I may not be able to be as active as some others, but a persons gotta eat if they're going to hunt for mafia. And I do like hunting for mafia.

[M] Aaron
05-11-2017, 09:44 PM
##Vote: Colette

She just went to throw two people under the bus for not giving any information, yet she has given nothing.

Hey guys sorry monster hunting.

Well I am scum hunting and you just pulled a scum ploy. Gave no information just got air to throw a vote, then disappeared. If she had read the whole thread she would have seen me try to open talks and I have been open with everything so far. She has kept thing hidden.

[M] Anise
05-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Even reading the whole thread it's very easy to see how your posts are a bit random. I don't think it's scummy to find you suspicious. To be quiet honest, if someone didn't find your behavior strange, i'd be a little worried.

I do agree that Colette has been laying low a bit without saying much at all. So it is strange she just popped in with a vote and popped out. Mikleo also popped in to activate their skit but that was it. No reaction to their skit.

Also our dual personality Elize has been quiet. I'd like some of these more absent people to chime in a bit before I start point a finger right at anyone.

[M] Anise
05-11-2017, 10:11 PM
We're almost halfway through the "day" (about 24 hrs now). The fact that so many have been quiet is weird.

[M] Colette
05-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Voting, explaining my reasoning, then waiting for others to respond because I've said my piece is "popping out" now? You people are very strange.

As for not being able to pop in as much as I'd like, some of us have things like jobs and other responsibilities and can have trouble finding the time to get caught up on everything before commenting. And it would be silly to not get caught up before commenting. Silly people.

[M] Mom – Host
05-11-2017, 10:30 PM
30 minutes until halftime! I'll start it now since I'll be eating dinner. Majority lunches can now happen and I will post a voting update later on tonight.

Better get lynching guys, unless you plan to just let mafia pick you guys off at night

[M] Anise
05-11-2017, 10:34 PM
I was going to go back and pull all your posts colette and be all "well you only made x" amount of posts but you seem to have made more than I realized! good job on flying under my radar. You've been fairly active this past 24 hrs and I take back my "you popping in" comment. You've been here mostly.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-11-2017, 10:36 PM
You know, something occurred to me while watching these skits; they really do have very valuable information, and they only get more valuable as the game goes on and more events have taken place that they can put into context. These should swing the odds in the favor of town as it gives them more clues to find the minority group - namely the Mafia.

With this reasoning, we can conclude that every skit that plays is likely to be detrimental to the Mafia; the later in the game it is played, the greater the detriment. So mafia are likely to be reluctant to activate their skit, and simultaneously anyone who doesn't spend their's before the night phase is more likely target.

In short, I'm considering using my skit, but I want to think about it for a while.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Apologies for my silence. I've been pondering the best strategy to take in light of recent developments.

I currently believe that Velvet might be mafia. Having fought in mafia campaigns many times, sometimes as a mafia myself, I recognise a strategy often deployed by mafia members to allay suspicion: the itemised list. This might seem a flimsy reason for suspicion, but it is based on experience. The itemised list which appears to weigh the different participants objectively, whilst in fact leading the reader to suspect particular individuals, is a perfect tool for a mafia member to spread suspicion against multiple characters without being seen to directly target them.

Of course, I would be quite happy to be mistaken. For now, it is merely a hunch. Nothing can be certain at this early stage of the campaign.

[##Vote: Velvet]

[M] Colette
05-11-2017, 10:43 PM
My thinking was actually the opposite Rita. I agree that the skits will probably be detrimental to mafia, and more detrimental the later in the game they happen. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but if mafia were to assume the same thing I'd actually expect them to use them early. Perhaps not day one or two early because of how little information we'd otherwise have but soonish? I'm not saying your wrong or anything. They may choose to hold most of theirs back to avoid giving much away but use one or two to avoid all of them looking suspicious. I can see the merit in your reasoning as well as mine though. I'm not sure there's a right way to view things in that regard and it just depends on which strategy mafia goes for.

[M] Colette
05-11-2017, 10:45 PM
I agree Rowen, that's part of what made me suspicious of Velvet. I've seen that move pulled by mafia before. I've even been fooled by it before. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on something or other.

I don't consider it completely damning on it's own, but it sent up the red flags in my mind.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-11-2017, 11:54 PM
Colette;3663348'][##vote: Raven]

Right now Raven is by far most suspicious to me. Not only have they not really said anything substantial all game, their conclusions are so out there that I can scarcely believe they get to them at all, let alone first. Velvet is on my radar as well for saying a lot without really saying anything. Just some comments on getting this or that vibe from people without any real detail as to why and recapping general events with zero context and no real analysis on their part. Not enough to convince me at this early stage but I'm keeping my eye on them.

And sorry again about being so busy killing monsters for some extra gold everyone. I may not be able to be as active as some others, but a persons gotta eat if they're going to hunt for mafia. And I do like hunting for mafia.

Before you criticize someone, make sure you aren't doing the very things you're criticizing them for.

You criticize Raven for not saying anything substantial, but your Day 1 "performance" was nonexistent. You criticize me for "not analyzing" but you haven't analyzed anything all game. You criticize me for "recapping general events" when you haven't done anything near as productive or pro-town all game.

Not only is what you're saying not true (coming up with townreads of players based off of the summary I created IS analysis), but you're also a complete hypocrite.

Anise;3663358']Even reading the whole thread it's very easy to see how your posts are a bit random. I don't think it's scummy to find you suspicious. To be quiet honest, if someone didn't find your behavior strange, i'd be a little worried.

I do agree that Colette has been laying low a bit without saying much at all. So it is strange she just popped in with a vote and popped out. Mikleo also popped in to activate their skit but that was it. No reaction to their skit.

The only thing that immediately struck me as odd is Raven's conclusion to the events that transpired last night.

Rowen;3663369']I currently believe that Velvet might be mafia. Having fought in mafia campaigns many times, sometimes as a mafia myself, I recognise a strategy often deployed by mafia members to allay suspicion: the itemised list. This might seem a flimsy reason for suspicion, but it is based on experience. The itemised list which appears to weigh the different participants objectively, whilst in fact leading the reader to suspect particular individuals, is a perfect tool for a mafia member to spread suspicion against multiple characters without being seen to directly target them.

Of course, I would be quite happy to be mistaken. For now, it is merely a hunch. Nothing can be certain at this early stage of the campaign.

[##Vote: Velvet]

Creating a summary of events, which benefits all players, as well as forming my own independent reads from said list, is scummy.

Okay then.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-11-2017, 11:56 PM
Quite a few players still have yet to post anything in Day 2 so far. Maybe the mafia gave up when their kill didn't go through.

[M] Aaron
05-12-2017, 12:27 AM
Velvet did just sum up my personal thoughts perfectly. Really I am trying to think of ways that scum may act and share them. So far all I see from Colette is a point of the finger with no real work. So when Elize shared what roles may be action and which may be passive was that a scum move? Or how about when Anize guessed which role was mafia, which could be both, and which may be Town? If you wish to point a finger at lists, you can't omit half of the lists made. It shows you really only plan on trying to get a lynch and don't care for the town.

The argument that people who make a list are scum, is kinda of a weak argument and a ploy I have seen mafia use.

[M] Mom – Host
05-12-2017, 01:19 AM
It's officially past halftime!

Here are the votes so far!

Raven - 1 (Velvet, Colette)
Mikleo - 1 (Velvet)
Colette - 1 (Raven)
Velvet - 2 (Eizen, Rowen)

Miss Kohaku is very tired though so let me know if I missed anything or got anything wrong.

7 needed for a majority lynch. If not, highest number of votes by the end of the day takes it.

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 02:13 AM

"Um, hello again, everyone! I'm truly sorry about being absent so far today. I was busy playing something called a... video game? Alvin brought me a copy from Elympios. It's really fun! I even got Milla involved! She reads a lot of books on human culture, so she was more than happy to lend me some volumes on The Art of Grinding for Fun and Profit."

"Milla's looking up Grriiiinding, huh? Hey, that book sounds like something I'd be interested in!"

"It sounded terribly boring, but as a true video game fan, I decided to grind away like my life depended on it! It was tough, sweaty work, but I grinded away on all kinds of enemies!"

"Gah! Elize, that's not the kind of image I wanted!"

"Jude's dad didn't want me to play, saying something about 'the corruption of minors' and 'brain rot' but I was too busy grinding away to really hear any of that."

"Anyway, it seems as if I'm all grinded out now, so I'm committed to catching the traitors! I've caught up with everything so I'll be posting what I believe shortly."

[M] Felix
05-12-2017, 02:17 AM
Well, one way or another, I think it's important to remember this current conversation going on above.

You've got two groups arguing, and since we don't have any leads because this is still a guessing game, I wonder if this isn't the perfect opportunity for mafia to lay low and let us sow seeds of doubt amongst ourselves. With all the people left it makes more since for mafia to lay low and let us argue.

Making a list can look scummy or helpful, obviously. It depends on the tone and reasoning behind it.

I honestly don't see a bad vibe from Velvet's actions right now. It's gruff and terse, but it doesn't read as suggestive. Velvet's trying to scum hunt.

I also don't suspect Raven. No offense, but you're statements are too obviously illogical to be mafia trying to throw us off to me. They'd need to be more subtle. I think you're just eager to put ideas out there. I like someone who's not afraid to throw out an idea, but make sure they make sense in the future or you're going to make yourself a target next time. I can see one silly suggestion as a mistake but not several.

So here's who I'm looking at.

Mikleo is indeed being quiet, so I think that's suspicious. It's day two, and they're no where around. We still have 24 hours, so I'd like to see some thoughts and suggestions.

Lloyd. I've gone back over the conversation, and he's honestly posted about as much as me, which I admit isn't a lot because of work, but he's said a lot less. It's just chiming in. A yes man.

Elize. Just because she was so very active day one, and even with the character role-playing, seemed to be trying to contribute. Now it's radio silence.

If I had to narrow it down, I'd say Lloyd or Mikleo the most for me.

EDIT: Okay, Elize post as I was writing this, so welcome back. However the post was pure role-playing. Good role-playing, but I'd like to see her thoughts on our situation right now too.

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 02:47 AM
So me and Teepo had a think, and we feel, catching up from the start of Day Two:

Depending on the game balance, it is definitely feasible for there to be a Jailkeeper instead of a Doctor. No-one is a Vanilla, so the non-traitors might have more power in the passive and active roles than we might think normally. It's impossible to prove, and I'm not going to concern myself too much with what happened last night. At the very least, 'two roles countered each other' is a pretty vague statement to hinge too much on. I severely doubt the traitors tripped over themselves.

Raven's initial speculation on the traitors tripping over themselves is a little unusual, but he's been useful enough and been trying to assist us. Not enough for me to think he's highly suspicious, anyway.

I'm going to have to disagree with you Rowen, sorry! I know you're a master tactician, but I can see a certain kind of benefit with Velvet's 'itemised summary'. While it is possible that Velvet might me scattershotting suspicion to multiple people, an itemised summary does make it easier for people with short attention spans like Teepo (Hey!) to keep up.

I'm a little confused by this statement of yours, Velvet:

If there's a Jailor, they might have prevented a night kill from a potential Godfather.

If there's a Doctor, they may have prevented a kill and know who's town.

Specifically, what makes the Jailor scenario mean the may have prevented a night kill from a Godfather? Couldn't any traitor have made the kill? Maybe I'm missing something. Apologies if I'm bothering you!

Mikleo's skit doesn't give away much. Losing the enabler would've been bad anyway, so finding out someone would love their bulletproof passive is not a shock. And I'd be astounded if the traitors failed a night kill three times in a row. I'd be happy, but astounded. And they can't cheat either.

Pascal's idea that the cancellation was separate from the failed night kill is plausible. It'd be very unlikely for it to connected, that seems really unlikely for two-four or however many people to target. Also bear in mind that there might be an ascetic character which would effectively cancel out everything but a night kill, so there's a possibility.

In regards to using skits, Rita does make an interesting point. Those who still have active skits to use up are likely prime targets for traitors to try and lynch. As long as the number of skit-abstainers is a majority of non-traitors, it isn't so much of a problem, but after a certain point that pool of candidates is going to start looking small. I'm strongly considering using mine, as I'm scared of the dark!

I believe three people have now used skits? Pascal, Anise and Mikleo? Am I missing anyone out in particular? I agree the skits will probably grow in usefulness as the game goes on and we can figure out what they all mean.

I'll consider my skit. For now, I will:

[##VOTE: Mikleo]

His silence has not gone unnoticed. What I find strange is that he's never been completely absent, but he's barely contributed anything. He activated his skit at the most convenient time - right after someone else - so he got his out the way. If I was a traitor, with a skit that I should use because it'd be suspicious if I kept holding onto it, that'd be a good time.

But mainly the silence. If he actually puts some effort in I might reconsider.

These Seraphs. So lazy!

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-12-2017, 04:19 AM
Even though there has been a slight boost in activity since last I checked in, it's still abnormally quiet for the second half of the second day. It makes one ponder the possibilities. Who has their own schemes up their sleeve that they aren't sharing with the rest of us? How many of you could potentially be Mafia, and simply chattering amongst yourselves in the shadows? Hm.

With the ever-increasing complications our skits are revealing, it's difficult to say for certain whom I most want in the noose. I am still suspicious of Raven and Colette, but I'll let those lines of questioning drop for the time being since they're based more on my (almost always correct) gut instinct than solid leads. Colette seems more willing to engage now, and Raven, I admit, is more than likely just an enthusiastic fool. I have perhaps a few more queries tumbling around, but until someone dies or something else profoundly important happens, we're stuck with just that: baseless queries unsupported by concrete evidence and unfit for experimentation at present. In other words, the enemy of the scientific mind. I would almost be tempted to use my skit right now, but I feel we ought not to blow them all away right out of the gate.

So that leaves the question of... Mikleo. A few of you have pointed fingers at him thus far, and I can't say I disagree with your reasoning, much as I would love to file it away as bandwagon voting by a small crowd of paranoid animals. His pattern of popping into discussions without saying anything of use is setting off some alarms, but really, I simply lack other targets. It's frustrating to be two days into this charade and have only the faintest ideas of who could be guilty. So in the interest of pursuing my only real lead and getting this moving along to a potentially more interesting progress point:

Feel free to make yourself known and try to convince me to spare you, young man. Otherwise, I'll be smiling in the crowd as you're dragged up to the noose.

[M] Felix
05-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Elize;3663392']

Elize, I'm not quite following your reasoning on why it was suspicious for him to play his skit when he did. We were all looking for information. I'd have played my skit if I hadn't already. I know people want to wait until they think it'll really give us a clue, but we were still basically clueless, so that seemed as good a time as any.

What I find curious is that he hasn't commented once since then. Either he's laying low or legitimately real life busy. Even his request for the skit was a short message, so I have the gut feeling he's just busy. Since we don't have much else, gut instinct is the best thing I have.

So for now, I'm actually going to [B]##Vote: LLoyd

He's commented just enough to not be suspicious in a way that is almost contributing (asking for clarification on the role list), but not really much of anything if you go back and look at it. I know it may not look like much at first, but he's suspicious to me.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Velvet;3663382']Before you criticize someone, make sure you aren't doing the very things you're criticizing them for.

You criticize Raven for not saying anything substantial, but your Day 1 "performance" was nonexistent. You criticize me for "not analyzing" but you haven't analyzed anything all game. You criticize me for "recapping general events" when you haven't done anything near as productive or pro-town all game.

A few points:

- The most Raven has done for much of the game is make claims and outlandish assumptions which are so far removed from what is actually possible and likely that he's contributed little of substance. Anyone can see that. Throwing out theories which make no sense and aren't even possible, let alone likely, isn't helpful.
- I wasn't non-existant day one. I participated and shared my thoughts as much as several other people did. Sorry if it wasn't enough participation for you since some of us work for a living but considering we had nothing to go on day one analysis was limited from everyone so claiming I contributed less than anyone else when no one had anything real to grab hold of is a flat out lie.
- I've actually analyzed more than you have. I've come out and said my reads on Raven and on you outright and I tied it to the actual behaviour that makes me suspicious of you both. I'm actually scum hunting and backing up my opinions directly. You presented a list of some actions for everyone, then proceeded to mostly say you think four people are town without ever actually tying your analysis to anything they did or that you recapped directly with the possible exception of Elize, but even scum would have a hard time downplaying their analysis of the role list. If all your going on is gut feelings then fill your boots friend but you never actually justified your reads in any way by explaining your thought process. I'm not a mind reader so when I see someone say "these people read town to me" and leave it at that, that's not analysis. Any notions running through your head about them were not shared in any meaningful detail and don't try to pretend otherwise.
- unlike you, my own analysis and explanation of who I suspect and the detailed reasons why is obviously pro town. I want to share my thoughts and have them out there so others can read them, think on them, and offer critique or alternate takes on what I'm thinking. You have not opened up your opinions to such criticisms and that's pretty clearly anti-town behaviour.

coming up with townreads of players based off of the summary I created IS analysis

Had you ever in any way referenced the actions listed in your summary when explaining your town reads I'd probably agree with you. Instead you have a post of actions and a post for your reads with nothing to connect them.

Creating a summary of events, which benefits all players, as well as forming my own independent reads from said list, is scummy.

Okay then.

When you don't use it to actually justify your reads? Yeah, pretty scummy. Not gonna lie.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Raven;3663384']So far all I see from Colette is a point of the finger with no real work.

Strange that the two people I suspect most completely ignore the explanations for my finger pointing. Explanations which were more detailed than anything they've provided.

So when Elize shared what roles may be action and which may be passive was that a scum move? Or how about when Anize guessed which role was mafia, which could be both, and which may be Town? If you wish to point a finger at lists, you can't omit half of the lists made.

I didn't omit half the lists made, I omitted the ones that actually provided insight into the game because those ones were actually generating new info and discussion. They may still be scum but their analyses provided new information and new views on old information. Velvet's list provided nothing that everyone who read and re-read the thread (as we should all be doing) didn't already know and she provided zero analysis on any of the information in it. Her list makes her look like she's contributing when it really offered no new information or interpretation at all. It's a great way to look busy and look like she's participating without actually doing anything.

The argument that people who make a list are scum, is kinda of a weak argument and a ploy I have seen mafia use.

Good thing that's never been my argument. My argument is that people who make a list that doesn't actually contribute anything new and who never use it to provide new perspective or analyses are suspicious as hell. I was even quite clear that it wasn't enough to get me to condemn her as being scum, only that it makes me suspicious. But her posts since then are certainly pushing her more firmly into scum territory for me. I might even be more concerned about her than you at this point.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 02:13 PM
As for role analysis, it seems pretty clear to me that if we have either a doctor or a jailkeeper but not both and two roles canceled each other out night one that we almost certainly have no doctor and the jailkeeper and roleblocker targeted each other. And this is assuming, of course, that there's only one roleblocker. If there are two then there may still be a doctor and no jailkeeper.

Now if I'm right and there's a jailkeeper but no doctor, and the jailkeeper and the roleblocker canceled each other out, then they most likely chose not to night kill hoping to convince the jailkeeper they chose correctly night one. But if there is just the one roleblocker, and assuming they're mafia as there tends to often be a mafia roleblocker, the jailkeeper might very well know the identity of the mafia roleblocker right now which is pretty important.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 02:18 PM
And my no night kill assumption is based on them not accidentally targeting someone who's night kill immune. So that may not be the case at all obviously, but I'm sure one of the people who are more experts in strategy than me would consider the odds of that happening pretty low. We probably shouldn't rule it out though.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Where is Raine when we need her Lloyd? I feel like she'd have solved this all by now. She's the smartest person I've ever met.

[M] Anise
05-12-2017, 02:25 PM

Sorry, I've been a bit busy! I'm going to look over all the post we've had so far.

Colette;3663411']And my no night kill assumption is based on them not accidentally targeting someone who's night kill immune. So that may not be the case at all obviously, but I'm sure one of the people who are more experts in strategy than me would consider the odds of that happening pretty low. We probably shouldn't rule it out though.

I wouldn't be surprised that the hit someone who's night kill immune. The skit mentioned something about if the enabler dies, we lose a bulletproof ability. They probably just got unlucky. Looking at the list from before, we have several night kill immune roles. I have never actually played a game where the mafia strategically didn't use a night kill. I think they'd avoid that too since this is a role heavy game and there was a day one no lynch.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 02:28 PM
That is a good point Anise. And with skits especially things may get away from them if they don't act every night.

Also, if the roleblocker and jailer canceled each other, we also have to face the fact that they know who the jailer is and will be gunning for them. That would be a bad role to lose early on.

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Pascal;3663407']
Elize;3663392'][BHe activated his skit at the most convenient time - right after someone else - so he got his out the way. If I was a traitor, with a skit that I should use because it'd be suspicious if I kept holding onto it, that'd be a good time.
[COLOR]

Elize, I'm not quite following your reasoning on why it was suspicious for him to play his skit when he did. We were all looking for information. I'd have played my skit if I hadn't already. I know people want to wait until they think it'll really give us a clue, but we were still basically clueless, so that seemed as good a time as any.

I think what Elize was trying to point out was not so much the timing - though I still think activating his skit right after Anise's was slightly suspicious, as it created in my opinion a sort of 'overload' of information where we all have to react to the new shiny and not focus in on- oh look bazongas!

I accept it is only really a feeling, and it isn't what I'm hinging all of my suspicions on. Mainly it is that he's been very quiet. But he also activated his skit while failing to comment on the skit that went before. He didn't even comment on his own skit. It looks like he's trying to be helpful "I'm not a traitor, I'm supplying information!" when he hadn't really done anything.

But you're right: activating a skit is not suspicious. I merely find it suspicious in this instance with Mikleo. Had he commented on Anise's skit, weighed up his choices and went "I think it's time for my skit because [x]" I wouldn't have found it suspicious. But all he went was 'Interesting. Let's see how mine plays out." He didn't even hang around to see it play out.

He could be busy, doing... whatever a seraph does, but he's been present in the game just enough to make me feel he knows what he's doing. And if you're busy enough to pop in a use a skit, you have time to at string together some draft thoughts on what's going on, even if they are threadbare. And if someone is busy, they're generally apologetic about it. Like me with my grinding.

[M] Anise
05-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Yeah I do agree with that line of thinking Elize. I mentioned earlier how that was weird that he only popped in to activate his skit and then didn't do anything else. I really would like to hear from Mikleo though. Hopefully we'll have them chime in today before the day ends

[M] Aaron
05-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Colette;3663409']
Raven;3663384']So far all I see from Colette is a point of the finger with no real work.

Strange that the two people I suspect most completely ignore the explanations for my finger pointing. Explanations which were more detailed than anything they've provided.

So when Elize shared what roles may be action and which may be passive was that a scum move? Or how about when Anize guessed which role was mafia, which could be both, and which may be Town? If you wish to point a finger at lists, you can't omit half of the lists made.

I didn't omit half the lists made, I omitted the ones that actually provided insight into the game because those ones were actually generating new info and discussion. They may still be scum but their analyses provided new information and new views on old information. Velvet's list provided nothing that everyone who read and re-read the thread (as we should all be doing) didn't already know and she provided zero analysis on any of the information in it. Her list makes her look like she's contributing when it really offered no new information or interpretation at all. It's a great way to look busy and look like she's participating without actually doing anything.

Good thing that's never been my argument. My argument is that people who make a list that doesn't actually contribute anything new and who never use it to provide new perspective or analyses are suspicious as hell. I was even quite clear that it wasn't enough to get me to condemn her as being scum, only that it makes me suspicious. But her posts since then are certainly pushing her more firmly into scum territory for me. I might even be more concerned about her than you at this point.

Why would it be the roleblocker? Wouldn't the jail keeper have targeted the goon if it prevented the kill?
I would think the jail keeper would have been blocked if he had had the roleblocker target him.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 04:29 PM
What? Two roles cancelled each other out last night. Which to me means that two roles that could block abilities cancelled each other out. As in jail keeper targets role blocker, and their abilities to block roles cancel out and nothing happens.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 04:55 PM
After giving it some thought, I think there's a good chance that even if it wasn't the role blocker that I targeted that I've still said enough to out myself to mafia and I don't see me surviving the night if I don't say something and get it all out there.

I'm the jailkeeper and night one I targeted lloyd with my ability. I was told my action could not be completed.

Now given the knowledge two roles cancelled each other out I'm thinking lloyd is role blocker. Unless there's two of them I think he's mafia. If there are two role blockers then flip a coin. I know I was blocked so there's at least one in the game.

Assuming my suspicions bear out I'd say velvet is mafia as well and going to lynch me suspecting I'm the jail keeper before now. Raven may also be mafia working with her, or maybe he just naturally ignores that skit and draws wring conclusions and it's coincidence they agree.

So to recap: I'm the jail keeper, I blocked lloyd and we know I couldn't complete my action and two roles cancelled each other out so lloyd is likely mafia.

If anyone is curious why I didn't go after him today, it wasn't clear to me he was role blocker until after the skits and I didn't see a believable way to pivot to go for him instead. I'm also fairly convinced either raven or velvet are scummy so I stuck to hunting.

[##unvote]
[##vote: velvet]

I suppose I may survive the night now if mafia want to try and discredit me but they may still kill me tonight.

Also, since I may not get to use it later: ##activate skit.

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Hmm... it depends on which priority the role have taken.

I don't mean to get into heavy theory or anything - I'd leave that to Jude or Rowen - but there's a thing called Natural Action Resolution that clarifies in what order power role actions are executed. The order becomes important when there's many night actions all activating at once!

When I was looking up grinding, I also decided to do a spot of reading to help us defeat the traitors, and came across the Natural Action Resolution. Basically, roles that have higher priority would override ones below in cases of conflict. Here's the list, and I've also provided a link (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution/Normal_Game) here:

Commute - Commuter
Blocking - Roleblocker, Rolestopper
Jailkeep - Jailkeeper
Protection - Doctor, Bodyguard
Miscellaneous - Neighborizer, Friendly Neighbor
Kill - Mafia factional kill, SK factional kill, Strongman, Vigilante
Role Investigation - Cop, Gunsmith, Role Cop, Vanilla Cop, Neapolitan
Action Investigation - Tracker, Watcher, Voyeur, Follower, Motion Detector

So in the event that a Roleblocker and a Jailkeeper targeted each other, the Roleblocker would prevent the Jailkeeper from keeping. At least, that's if you were following the list laid out in this book I was reading. Supreme Overlord Kohaku might've followed another procedure.

It does get so confusing though. Here's an example found on the Roleblocker that makes my head hurt:

Suppose Roleblocker A blocks Roleblocker B, who blocks Roleblocker C, who blocks Roleblocker D, who blocks Doctor E. If Roleblocks are resolved in such a way that conflicts are minimized, A blocks B, preventing B from blocking C, thus C blocks D, preventing D from blocking the Doctor - in short, the Doctor's protection would have an effect. If all Roleblocks are simultaneous, the only player who is NOT technically Roleblocked is A; the Doctor would be blocked.

I guess ultimately it is up to Kohaku how she would resolve such confusing instances! I will say though that 'cancelling each out out' implies both abilities were allowed to fire - as in, both the Roleblocker and the Jailkeeper were allowed to activate their ability. If the Roleblocker is above the Jailkeeper in priority, then the Jailkeeper would never be allowed to activate their ability, and so I would question the use of the term 'cancellation'.

This is all assuming the Jailkeeper and Roleblocker are the two roles in question here. It's hard to speculate at this moment because we don't know if they're in the game, or if they targeted each other.

But hopefully I've put forward a possible suggestion as to how night actions might be resolved? What Raven says can't be proven, but it can't be denied also.

[M] Anise
05-12-2017, 05:10 PM
Well there's your role claim! I'm sure you didn't see that post as you were typing that up Elize.

This also confirms we don't have a doctor! So our night immune abilities are more passive ones, right? Plus we're waiting for another skit! Wow this got heated really quickly.

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 05:11 PM
Colette;3663424']After giving it some thought, I think there's a good chance that even if it wasn't the role blocker that I targeted that I've still said enough to out myself to mafia and I don't see me surviving the night if I don't say something and get it all out there.

Huh? Coulda fooled me. I didn't know you were the Jailkeeper right now until you said so! Nothing you said to me sounded 'Jailkeepery'.

So Colette, why did you target Lloyd? Random pick, or did you think he wasn't a Traitor? Obviously if you're telling the truth then you wouldn't knowingly target a traitor.

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm a little suspicious, to be honest! We have either a Jailkeeper or a Doctor, and now Colette is claiming to be Jailkeeper, so assuming she is telling the truth we have effectively lost our only protective role.

I'm kinda confused why she decided to roleclaim when she did. I didn't see any obvious tells that she was a Jailkeeper, if I'm honest.

[M] Mom – Host
05-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Here is your skit, Colette!

http://i.imgur.com/61NhDMY.png?1

Well... this may be it for me guys. I only hope what I've shared can help you in some way.

http://i.imgur.com/6hrZNwp.jpg?1

Hey, cheer up, bud. It's not over yet!

So then... do you believe me?

I can't say for sure whether or not you're telling the truth about everything, but... I can confirm that there is only one roleblocker, so I know you're at least partially telling the truth.

And hey, if you are telling the truth...

http://i.imgur.com/JcSHblA.png?2

At least your sacrifice won't have been in vain!

I only wanted... to protect Lloyd....

http://i.imgur.com/zDv7J0v.jpg?1

Either way, guys. We're going to want to break our voting tie before the day ends.

http://i.imgur.com/4TDsPMs.jpg?1

Or else we might lose both of them.

[M] Anise
05-12-2017, 05:17 PM
Colette;3663410']As for role analysis, it seems pretty clear to me that if we have either a doctor or a jailkeeper but not both and two roles canceled each other out night one that we almost certainly have no doctor and the jailkeeper and roleblocker targeted each other. And this is assuming, of course, that there's only one roleblocker. If there are two then there may still be a doctor and no jailkeeper.

Now if I'm right and there's a jailkeeper but no doctor, and the jailkeeper and the roleblocker canceled each other out, then they most likely chose not to night kill hoping to convince the jailkeeper they chose correctly night one. But if there is just the one roleblocker, and assuming they're mafia as there tends to often be a mafia roleblocker, the jailkeeper might very well know the identity of the mafia roleblocker right now which is pretty important.

Colette;3663414']That is a good point Anise. And with skits especially things may get away from them if they don't act every night.

Also, if the roleblocker and jailer canceled each other, we also have to face the fact that they know who the jailer is and will be gunning for them. That would be a bad role to lose early on.

Colette;3663421']What? Two roles cancelled each other out last night. Which to me means that two roles that could block abilities cancelled each other out. As in jail keeper targets role blocker, and their abilities to block roles cancel out and nothing happens.

Elize;3663431']I'm a little suspicious, to be honest! We have either a Jailkeeper or a Doctor, and now Colette is claiming to be Jailkeeper, so assuming she is telling the truth we have effectively lost our only protective role.

I'm kinda confused why she decided to roleclaim when she did. I didn't see any obvious tells that she was a Jailkeeper, if I'm honest.

I dunno, I'm inclined to believe them they've been dropping the same line several times now, hinting toward there being a jailkeeper. I could be completely duped about this, though.

Only thing I can for see is that they were doing this to set up a roleclaim. If they were mafia and knew a jailkeeper blocked them, plus with the cancelling out info, they may have been trying to cement their role? Maybe? That's possibly what I could gather if they were lying.

[M] Anise
05-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Whoa! New info!

One Roleblocker
And if we end with a tie we may lose them both?!

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 05:30 PM
All I've seen Colette do is speculate on the existence of a Jailkeeper, and saying that she believes in a theory involving a Jailkeeper. That doesn't seem different from everyone else talking about last night. Heck, Raven's been talking a lot about the possibility of a Jailkeeper or Doctor as well.

I get the dropping hints. I'm an expert at studying them, and how Milla's icy glare is actually hinting at her longing desire for me, but it strikes me as risky to out yourself as our protective role.

How I see it, if Colette continued dropping hints that she might know something about last night (because she is the Jailkeeper and is involved) and then died, then her words would take on a greater meaning. But by outing herself, there's a 100% chance that Colette might be killed tomorrow night. At least by not outing herself straight-away there was always a chance the traitors may not realise Colette was a Jailkeeper. But that chance is no more.

All I'm saying is it's a pretty risky play in my opinion.

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 05:40 PM
While Teepo's ranting about Colette, I just reviewed the skit and it does contain some interesting information. So there's one roleblocker. If Colette is telling the truth, that means they are traitor-aligned and stopped Colette. If she's not, then it is possible that Colette is a Roleblocker claiming to be a Jailkeeper. The two roles cancelling each other out is unrelated. If in fact there's a Doctor and not a Jailkeeper, then that's a safe claim because the Doctor couldn't possibly out themselves to say otherwise. Traitor Roleblockers claiming to be a Jailkeeper is actually a fairly clever move, thinking about it.

All in all, hard to say at this point. I'm initially slightly sceptical though that's more to do with the suddenness of the claim coupled with the fact that it seems largely unprovoked, but I'd like to see what others think also.

As for the voting - where are we exactly, is it two on Mikleo and two on Velvet? I'll do a vote count in a short while.

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Day Two
Majority Lynch Occurs at Seven Votes

Velvet: 3 (Eizen, Rowen, Colette)
Mikleo: 3 (Velvet, Elize, Jade)

Colette: 1 (Raven)
Lloyd: 1 (Pascal)

Raven: 0 (Velvet, Colette)

Anise, Lloyd, Mikleo and Rita are yet to vote

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Also please say if I've made a mistake!

So as it stands, according to the Skit, Velvet and Mikleo will both be eliminated.

[M] Anise
05-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Okay we're getting close to the end here and haven't heard from Lloyd to counter Colette's claim. I'm inclined to believe colette but I'm still a bit apprehensive just cause we don't know what her accused has to say. I've been burnt by believing false claims before!

The situation currently though, thanks to the skit, is that if we don't come to a majority vote BOTH vote leaders could die. Now I'd rather be wrong on one than wrong on both and lose two Townies in one fell swoop. So for the current situation, because i'm not sure if i'll be bale to keep checking in before the end of the day, i'm going to push this majority toward

As previously mentioned. They just popped in to declare a skit and then disappeared. In 48 hrs? That's a bit of a reach for inactivity. I believe it's a tactic.

[M] Felix
05-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Well, unless someone is going to counter-claim Colette, her admission fits in with what I was thinking already. I didn't see her and Eizen as scummy or Velvet and Raven as scummy. Just some townies arguing with each other while mafia lays low.

It also fits in with my theory that the two roles that blocked each other were unrelated to the mafia's blocked night kill.

Colette says she targeted Lloyd and was blocked. So we can assume he's the (only) Roleblocker according to the information in the skit.

There's a chance LLoyd is a good aligned role-blocker, but I don't think so. I'm sticking with my Lloyd vote. This only serves to deepen my suspicion of him.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Jade;3663399']Even though there has been a slight boost in activity since last I checked in, it's still abnormally quiet for the second half of the second day. It makes one ponder the possibilities. Who has their own schemes up their sleeve that they aren't sharing with the rest of us? How many of you could potentially be Mafia, and simply chattering amongst yourselves in the shadows? Hm.

With the ever-increasing complications our skits are revealing, it's difficult to say for certain whom I most want in the noose. I am still suspicious of Raven and Colette, but I'll let those lines of questioning drop for the time being since they're based more on my (almost always correct) gut instinct than solid leads. Colette seems more willing to engage now, and Raven, I admit, is more than likely just an enthusiastic fool. I have perhaps a few more queries tumbling around, but until someone dies or something else profoundly important happens, we're stuck with just that: baseless queries unsupported by concrete evidence and unfit for experimentation at present. In other words, the enemy of the scientific mind. I would almost be tempted to use my skit right now, but I feel we ought not to blow them all away right out of the gate.

So that leaves the question of... Mikleo. A few of you have pointed fingers at him thus far, and I can't say I disagree with your reasoning, much as I would love to file it away as bandwagon voting by a small crowd of paranoid animals. His pattern of popping into discussions without saying anything of use is setting off some alarms, but really, I simply lack other targets. It's frustrating to be two days into this charade and have only the faintest ideas of who could be guilty. So in the interest of pursuing my only real lead and getting this moving along to a potentially more interesting progress point:

Feel free to make yourself known and try to convince me to spare you, young man. Otherwise, I'll be smiling in the crowd as you're dragged up to the noose.

This post 100% makes me feel uneasy.

If you lack "other targets" then go find some. If you only have the faintest idea of who could be guilty, try to make your picture clearer.

Colette;3663408']- The most Raven has done for much of the game is make claims and outlandish assumptions which are so far removed from what is actually possible and likely that he's contributed little of substance. Anyone can see that. Throwing out theories which make no sense and aren't even possible, let alone likely, isn't helpful.

1. How do you know some of his theories aren't possible?

2. The "little of substance" he's contributed is far more than you have.

- I wasn't non-existant day one. I participated and shared my thoughts as much as several other people did. Sorry if it wasn't enough participation for you since some of us work for a living but considering we had nothing to go on day one analysis was limited from everyone so claiming I contributed less than anyone else when no one had anything real to grab hold of is a flat out lie.

Yes, you were non-existent on Day 1.

The only thing noteworthy of your D1 performance was a vote for Anise, which was withdrawn and not applied to anyone else in the game.

This strikes me as overly defensive.

- I've actually analyzed more than you have. I've come out and said my reads on Raven and on you outright and I tied it to the actual behaviour that makes me suspicious of you both. I'm actually scum hunting and backing up my opinions directly. You presented a list of some actions for everyone, then proceeded to mostly say you think four people are town without ever actually tying your analysis to anything they did or that you recapped directly with the possible exception of Elize, but even scum would have a hard time downplaying their analysis of the role list. If all your going on is gut feelings then fill your boots friend but you never actually justified your reads in any way by explaining your thought process. I'm not a mind reader so when I see someone say "these people read town to me" and leave it at that, that's not analysis. Any notions running through your head about them were not shared in any meaningful detail and don't try to pretend otherwise.

No, you haven't.

I've provided town reads on 4 players, a scumread on 1 player, a full summary list, with conclusions drawn from said summary. You've got 2 scumreads, and you're dead wrong about at least one of them. Congrats.

- unlike you, my own analysis and explanation of who I suspect and the detailed reasons why is obviously pro town. I want to share my thoughts and have them out there so others can read them, think on them, and offer critique or alternate takes on what I'm thinking. You have not opened up your opinions to such criticisms and that's pretty clearly anti-town behaviour.

How have I not opened up my opinions to criticism?

Had you ever in any way referenced the actions listed in your summary when explaining your town reads I'd probably agree with you. Instead you have a post of actions and a post for your reads with nothing to connect them.

That's because the list is independent from my own reads. My reads are based off of the context of the specific posts. The summary is more for my own personal use to try and pinpoint anything noteworthy.

When you don't use it to actually justify your reads? Yeah, pretty scummy. Not gonna lie.

No, it's not scummy. Not gonna lie.

I'm honestly content to let myself get lynched just to prove Colette wrong. But that wouldn't be a good town move, since I don't know whether her extremely defensive posts are townie or scummy.

On the one hand you could say she's scum for being overly defensive at the slightest bit of pressure, but the fact that she's trying to apply pressure is indicative of town.

So far, my read of Colette is in the grey-area. There are bigger targets that I'd like to lynch right now.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Pascal;3663446']Well, unless someone is going to counter-claim Colette, her admission fits in with what I was thinking already. I didn't see her and Eizen as scummy or Velvet and Raven as scummy. Just some townies arguing with each other while mafia lays low.

It also fits in with my theory that the two roles that blocked each other were unrelated to the mafia's blocked night kill.

Colette says she targeted Lloyd and was blocked. So we can assume he's the (only) Roleblocker according to the information in the skit.

There's a chance LLoyd is a good aligned role-blocker, but I don't think so. I'm sticking with my Lloyd vote. This only serves to deepen my suspicion of him.

Oh, Colette is claiming Jailor?

Well since there could only be either one Jailor or one Doctor, she's most likely clear. Don't really agree with revealing right now, but it is what it is.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 07:10 PM
My general thinking with being outed was that lloyd is mafia role blocker and would figure from the skits that they were blocked and probably by mail keeper and use the same info I did to realize it's me.

As for if I'd stayed quiet, maybe I didn't make it as obvious as I thought and was just being paranoid about them figuring it out from the things I've said, but it seemed pretty likely they knew anyway the same way I knew lloyd was time blocker so no sense dying with what little I know and my skit kept to myself.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Just want to clarify that I responded to the first few posts that caught my eye, and intended to respond to the rest of the thread in a separate post. My read of Colette will naturally change if no one counter-claims her.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 07:14 PM
Hmm, the autocorrect on my phone really doesn't like the word role

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Colette;3663449']My general thinking with being outed was that lloyd is mafia role blocker and would figure from the skits that they were blocked and probably by mail keeper and use the same info I did to realize it's me.

As for if I'd stayed quiet, maybe I didn't make it as obvious as I thought and was just being paranoid about them figuring it out from the things I've said, but it seemed pretty likely they knew anyway the same way I knew lloyd was time blocker so no sense dying with what little I know and my skit kept to myself.

Should a Jailor and Roleblocker target each other, how does a Night Kill fail to go through?

In regular Mafia games, Roleblockers and Jailors can prevent kills. The mafia would have to agree on the target and select a player to perform the killing. It's possible that the Jailor's target was the member of the mafia selected to perform the killing, but how likely even is that?

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 07:19 PM
I honestly would think they targeted someone immune. Might be unlikely normally, but I was blocked and no one died so it's that or they didn't night kill. I can't see them passing on a kill so I'd say the unlikely happened.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Wow, everyone's so suspicious now!

First, Colette thinks Lloyd is Mafia. Not just any old Mafia, but a Roleblocker... and then votes for Velvet? What the hell kind of sense is that? Second, Raven is surrounded by cute young women but has made barely any inappropriate remarks. In fact he's acting way less suspicious in general than his usual gross self. So that kinda makes me distrust him. I mean, I always distrust Raven, but it's in a different way this time.

I wanna hear what Lloyd has to say. Colette's story doesn't smell right, and I wanna get to the bottom of it.

Should a Jailor and Roleblocker target each other, how does a Night Kill fail to go through?

We also know from the skits that someone is bulletproof. I expect they were the murder target. There's also a good chance they'll be roleblocked and killed tonight.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
05-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Rita;3663454']Wow, everyone's so suspicious now!

First, Colette thinks Lloyd is Mafia. Not just any old Mafia, but a Roleblocker... and then votes for Velvet? What the hell kind of sense is that? Second, Raven is surrounded by cute young women but has made barely any inappropriate remarks. In fact he's acting way less suspicious in general than his usual gross self. So that kinda makes me distrust him. I mean, I always distrust Raven, but it's in a different way this time.

I wanna hear what Lloyd has to say. Colette's story doesn't smell right, and I wanna get to the bottom of it.

We also know from the skits that someone is bulletproof. I expect they were the murder target. There's also a good chance they'll be roleblocked and killed tonight.

In that case, I think it's more likely that the Mafia targeted the Bulletproof target.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 07:33 PM
I voted Velvet because I'm getting a strong scum read from them and since I expect to be dead tonight going after someone I've confirmed to be mafia who is just the role blocker isn't that important to me.

And unless I'm mistaken, even if I am night killed my ability should still go off anyway shouldn't it? I suppose that's a question for the host. Will my night action still happen if I'm night killed? And if I'm not night killed I've still effectively removed their role blocker to protect the other roles who can sniff out info if that's how we want to play things.

[M] Colette
05-12-2017, 07:35 PM
I'm more than happy to switch my vote to Lloyd if people just want to go after the most likely scum simply to confirm a kill, but I think the other mafia are more dangerous right now. Usually the role blocker can't night kill and he can't block as long as I'm alive now.

[M] Mom – Host
05-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Actions will still go through even if someone is killed that night. We'll call it their dying coup-de-grâce

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Rita;3663454']

Um, but a Bulletproof role is passive - and Roleblockers cannot prevent passive abilities from functioning. Therefore, whoever is bulletproof is... well, bulletproof, and cannot be night-killed.

I was wondering whether the bulletproof passive would be x-shot (probably 1 or 2 shot), but with the enabler, I'm thinking it is more likely they are fully bulletproof until the enabler has been eliminated.

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Kohaku;3663458']Actions will still go through even if someone is killed that night. We'll call it their dying coup-de-grâce

Also that makes sense - according to Milla's books, night-kills are usually resolved at the very end.

Of course, if a Cop gets an investigation result and are night-killed, that won't really be helpful to anybody...

[M] Mom – Host
05-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Only about an hour 45 left. So far Mikleo has the most votes on him with 4. Better start planning those night strats~

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Well, I think I'm gonna go with Mikleo as well. I don't really buy that inactivity == guilt (my research takes a lot​ of time during the day), but I do think just showing up to activate a skit and not really discussing the results is a little suspect.

I actually have more misgivings about the over-activity of Elize and that weird evil doll she keeps pretending to talk to. Spelling out everything we know in incredible detail sure seems helpful... but it builds too much trust. Nobody has voted for Elize, I don't think it's really even been discussed. She's successfully put herself in the background despite being fairly active. Basically, she just seems too Little-Miss-Perfect. I won't vote for her though, at least not tonight, as I don't think I could convince a majority to distrust sweet little Elize. And I don't have any compelling evidence either, just a gut feeling.

So instead I'll vote for Mikleo. I think the likelihood of his guilt is high enough to take the risk.

[##vote: Mikleo]

[M] Elize
05-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Rita;3663465']I actually have more misgivings about the over-activity of Elize and that weird evil doll she keeps pretending to talk to. Spelling out everything we know in incredible detail sure seems helpful... but it builds too much trust. Nobody has voted for Elize, I don't think it's really even been discussed. She's successfully put herself in the background despite being fairly active. Basically, she just seems too Little-Miss-Perfect. I won't vote for her though, at least not tonight, as I don't think I could convince a majority to distrust sweet little Elize. And I don't have any compelling evidence either, just a gut feeling.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way Rita, but I honestly have no idea what else I can do. All I can do is just keep theorising, keep analysing, keep questioning, and just keep trying to help us out. I certainly haven't tried to 'put myself in the background', and if people have pencilled me as a non-traitor or leaning as such, then what do you want me to say? I won't apologise for being active and helpful.

Pfft, just leave her Elize, she's way too minor-league for us!

No Teepo, I understand Rita's concerns. I mean, no-one is above suspicion. But I'm sorry but there's not I can do but just keep doing what I'm doing.

[M] Mom – Host
05-12-2017, 10:27 PM
So day 2 comes to an end and night draws near. The town gathered together to lynch the poor seraphim Mikleo. Now he will never get to grow out his long, beautiful hair.

Vote tally (let me know if I made any mistakes)

Raven - 0 (Velvet, Colette)
Mikleo - 5 (Velvet, Elize, Jade, Anise, Rita)
Colette - 1 (Raven)
Velvet - 3 (Eizen, Rowen, Colette)
Lloyd 1 - (Pascal)

Unfortunately, town has spoken and poor Mikleo is dead. Fortunately, I get to use my cute death avatars now!

http://i.imgur.com/UKGTFtC.png

Mikleo was a Town Enabler! Seems like someone just lost their bulletproof ability...

The beautiful Mikleo was played by Laddy, who didn't have to be mafia for once!

Night Two

You have 24 hours to submit to me your night actions if you have any!

Good luck~

[M] Mom – Host
05-13-2017, 10:04 PM
Day Three!

I hope everyone is feeling good today so that at least you will have some fleeting happiness before discovering the dead body of your sweet friend, Colette who was killed in the night.

http://i.imgur.com/k7FY0Gv.png

Colette was a Town Jailkeeper played by the fantabulous Slothy! Good game my friend!

Day 3 has begin, you have 48 hours to decide on your lynch. Might be about time to start lynching the mafia, maybe? After 24 hours a majority lynch can occur. We now have 10 players so a majority will need 6 votes.

Have fun~

[M] Adama
05-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Well that's just great. First I'm absent when I'm put in the spotlight and now the one who publicly accused me is dead, revealed to be exactly who they said they were. This is going to be a wonderful day.

[M] Felix
05-13-2017, 10:49 PM
Rita;3663029']A good scientist bases her conclusions on facts, not wild speculation. It's what separates us from the amateur wannabes, Pascal...

Interesting, Rita, because right now this scientist is the only one who was suggesting Lloyd, and I was suggesting it even before Colette said what she said. Of course there's no way to know for certain that my suggested scenario was right, but I felt it was a pretty solid hypothesis.

Which is why I can't understand why even Colette didn't vote for him. She even suggested Lloyd was probably mafia. Mikleo was too quiet to be as suspicious, and half of you were arguing over the proper way to make a list!!

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/aselia/images/3/35/Pascal.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100918230128

No wonder most Amarcians try to keep most people from knowing where they live, you people are ridiculous to deal with.

I'll try this all again. If you and Jade are half the scientists you claim to be, I hope you'll listen.

Skits have confirmed:
Two roles canceled each other out night one.
There's no night kill night one, but mafia did try to kill someone night one.
There's only one roleblocker.

We also can now feel pretty confident that what Colette said was all true. We know as certainly as we can that Colette was cancelled on trying to jail Lloyd, and Lloyd was cancelled on trying to block Colette. Looking at all the roles potential in play, I think it's unlikely that Miss Kohaku would give the only roleblocker role to a townie. It would be really starting to stack the odds against mafia.

So, to me, that most evidence of anyone being mafia right now is Lloyd, as I've been suspecting. I have no idea why Colette wouldn't have at least casted a vote for him, but mine remains the same.

[M] Adama
05-13-2017, 10:59 PM
I'm not the roleblocker and I'm not Mafia. In fact, my night action went through just fine Night 1. Obviously Colette had no reason to be lying when she said she targeted me, but I guess she was roleblocked herself? Not by me though. My ability is of the investigative kind.

[M] Felix
05-13-2017, 11:14 PM
Not so fast clever cat. Let's do a quick recap for the person who has posted just right amount the first few days, with out saying much, was conveniently absent while being targeted, and then immediately posted trying to save his skin afterwards.

Colette;3663424']I'm the jailkeeper and night one I targeted lloyd with my ability. I was told my action could not be completed.

Now given the knowledge two roles cancelled each other out I'm thinking lloyd is role blocker. Unless there's two of them I think he's mafia. If there are two role blockers then flip a coin. I know I was blocked so there's at least one in the game.

Kohaku;3663432']Here is your skit, Colette!

Well... this may be it for me guys. I only hope what I've shared can help you in some way.

Hey, cheer up, bud. It's not over yet!

So then... do you believe me?

I can't say for sure whether or not you're telling the truth about everything, but... I can confirm that there is only one roleblocker, so I know you're at least partially telling the truth.

And hey, if you are telling the truth...

http://i.imgur.com/JcSHblA.png?2

At least your sacrifice won't have been in vain!

I only wanted... to protect Lloyd....

http://i.imgur.com/zDv7J0v.jpg?1

Either way, guys. We're going to want to break our voting tie before the day ends.

http://i.imgur.com/4TDsPMs.jpg?1

Or else we might lose both of them.

So yes, we do know that the her role was blocked by the person she tried to jail, and we do know there's only one roleblocker.

The only question was whether or not that roleblocker was scum or town, and I was explaining why I thought they (you) were scum.

Instead of owning up to being the roleblocker and at least trying to say you're a town roleblocker, you're going with complete denial which is just false. A purely investigative role wouldn't block something.

The cats out of the back, buddy. You're a mafia roleblocker!

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-13-2017, 11:17 PM
Oh. Oh, dear.

Well, I know one thing for certain now: we are extremely vulnerable. Skits have already confirmed that a Jailkeeper or a Doctor are mutually exclusive, and since we now know which one we had, we are left with a rather chilling lack of major protection roles. Not to mention that someone who was bulletproof is bulletproof no longer, with the loss of the (in defense of the voters, entirely too suspicious) Enabler. And if the only roleblocker is not town-affiliated, as Pascal speculates, night kills may begin to happen with relative impunity should we fail to pick one of the betrayers off in time.

Pascal;3663514']I'll try this all again. If you and Jade are half the scientists you claim to be, I hope you'll listen.

Skits have confirmed:

We also can now feel pretty confident that what Colette said was all true. We know as certainly as we can that Colette was cancelled on trying to jail Lloyd, and Lloyd was cancelled on trying to block Colette. Looking at all the roles potential in play, I think it's unlikely that Miss Kohaku would give the only roleblocker role to a townie. It would be really starting to stack the odds against mafia.

So, to me, that most evidence of anyone being mafia right now is Lloyd, as I've been suspecting. I have no idea why Colette wouldn't have at least casted a vote for him, but mine remains the same.

Your cretinous slight against my scientific mind aside, child, you make a compelling argument. I don't want to jump into the voting immediately, and I may just use my skit for additional information if no one else decides to. But for now, Lloyd, would you care to make a role claim more helpful and specific than "of the investigative kind" and share any pertinent information you have with us? This is not the time for vagueness, and your answer could determine what I decide to do with you.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-13-2017, 11:18 PM
Ah, I see Pascal has poked a few more holes in Lloyd's argument whilst I was taking the time to declare my intentions. Never mind, then.

[M] Adama
05-13-2017, 11:41 PM
Goddamnit you guys, I know you think you've got it all figured out, but just stop for a second alright? I won't just sit here while I'm being blamed for everything.

Pascal;3663517']So yes, we do know that the her role was blocked by the person she tried to jail, and we do know there's only one roleblocker.

The only question was whether or not that roleblocker was scum or town, and I was explaining why I thought they (you) were scum.

Instead of owning up to being the roleblocker and at least trying to say you're a town roleblocker, you're going with complete denial which is just false. A purely investigative role wouldn't block something.

The cats out of the back, buddy. You're a mafia roleblocker!

Why would I claim to be a Town roleblocker when I'm not.

Yes, we know she attempted to jail me. Yes, we know she was blocked. Yes, we know two roles cancelled each other out. No, those two were not Colette and I. I know it's tempting to jump to that conclusion, but it's not what happened here goddamnit.

Jade;3663518']Lloyd, would you care to make a role claim more helpful and specific than "of the investigative kind" and share any pertinent information you have with us? This is not the time for vagueness, and your answer could determine what I decide to do with you.

Fair enough. I'm a Watcher. I watched Rowen Night 1 and saw that he was visited by Eizen and Velvet. I was blocked Night 2, by Colette's Jailing if I had to guess (for the record I was trying to watch Colette). No I have no idea what caused the dual cancel in the first night but it sure as hell wasn't the two of us.

[M] Felix
05-14-2017, 12:39 AM
Ohhhh, Lloyd. I commend you for going down with a fight, buddy! But as we can see here, it confirms the two roles cancelled EACH OTHER out.

Kohaku;3663233']Here is your skit, Anise!

I'm happy no one died, but that's pretty weird. I wonder if someone blocked the mafia action or if a doc or jailkeeper or some other role just prevented it from going through.

http://i.imgur.com/nLOWph7.gif?1

Umm, well, actually I have some information that might help. There's only a jailkeeper or a doctor, not both.

http://i.imgur.com/5PI2Vui.png?1

Really? Then do you think they tried not to lynch just to trip us up?

http://i.imgur.com/dlq4g0C.jpg?1

No, that's definitely not it.

http://i.imgur.com/Vtp3Aqv.jpg?1

What's more, it seems that two roles cancelled each other out last night.

Hmm. Seems like we have a bit of a mystery on our hands.

So, Colette says she tried to jail you and it was cancelled. That skit confirms the roles cancelled each other. That means you are indeed a roleblocker. The only question was whether or not you were a good guy, and it was friendly fire, or if you were scummy. I proposed my theory that Miss Kohaku would give the roleblocker role to mafia to keeps things more even since there was only one roleblocker person.

The only way you could make me reconsider is if you'd claimed to be good and played innocent. Claiming you're not the roleblocker when the evidence is right here? Pretty mafia like to me. Deny, deny, deny. Only you caught yourself out with it.

Now, maybe are you are telling the truth about being a watcher. Nothing said mafia couldn't have more than one role too!

So, I'm thinking you're a mafia roleblocker/watcher. Could be you're making the watcher stuff up to. That part is still just this scientist's hypothesis.

[M] Aaron
05-14-2017, 12:43 AM
I'm not sold on Lloyd being mafia. I am more thinking Jade. Jade has yet to add, try, or do anything of any substance that I can think of. I won't say Lloyd isn't, but I just don't see it.

Let's see what else we can find out.

##activate: skit

Maybe this might help us shed some onsite.

[M] Aaron
05-14-2017, 12:47 AM
Re-reading that skit does damn Lloyd a bit. I wasn't getting a scum feeling from him until now.

[M] Adama
05-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Of course two people cancelled each other. I never intended on claiming that was not the case. But, again, the ones that cancelled each other were not Colette and I. I don't know who it was. My best guess is that an Ascetic Mafia tried to kill the Bulletproof or Bodyguard who in turn tried to use some sort of ability on them and failed because, well, they're ascetic.

You know what, let's do this, maybe Kohaku will be nice enough to shed some more light on this matter. ##Skit: Activate

Now, maybe are you are telling the truth about being a watcher. Nothing said mafia couldn't have more than one role too!

Nah, the dual role part specified that people could have "both an active and a passive role". It said nothing about two active roles being a thing.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-14-2017, 01:19 AM
I'll hold off my vote for now until the two queued skits have played out. I must say though, for now I'm also tending toward suspecting Lloyd.

[M] Mom – Host
05-14-2017, 01:26 AM
Here is your skit, Raven!

http://i.imgur.com/a52uxWV.jpg?1

Well, we lost one of our most valuable townies last night, what even is going on? Who do we trust?

http://i.imgur.com/Y5w8A1i.gif?1

Hmm. I may be able to shed a bit of light on what happened last night.

http://i.imgur.com/PPXplcF.jpg?2

The watcher was informed of two people targeting the one they chose to watch and two of the mafia targeted one player.

On top of that, it seems the survivor has a strong inkling about who one of the mafia is. Whether they're right or not has yet to be seen.

http://i.imgur.com/CUwFWUm.jpg?1

Wait, why would that matter?

http://i.imgur.com/LoviWXt.jpg?1

Because it seems that the survivor... is also our bodyguard.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-14-2017, 01:37 AM
sigh

You know, this all could've been avoided if Colette had just voted for the person she was sure about. The skits completely backed up her side of the story, but then she went and voted for Velvet.

Interesting, Rita, because right now this scientist is the only one who was suggesting Lloyd, and I was suggesting it even before Colette said what she said. Of course there's no way to know for certain that my suggested scenario was right, but I felt it was a pretty solid hypothesis.

Your hypothesis was flimsy, your evidence was non-existent at the time of your accusation and circumstantial at best after the skit. Your guess may have ended up being correct, but don't try to dress it up as good science.

Which is why I can't understand why even Colette didn't vote for him.

Now here's something we can agree on. What was up with that? I'd still be super suspicious of her right now if, you know, she wasn't dead and stuff.

I'm not going to vote yet, I want to see the skits that Raven and Lloyd have called for. But its pretty hard to look past Lloyd right now.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-14-2017, 01:38 AM
Kohaku;3663528']

On top of that, it seems the survivor has a strong inkling about who one of the mafia is. Whether they're right or not has yet to be seen.

Because it seems that the survivor... is also our bodyguard.

As far as I can remember the only votes that have been cast today have been for Lloyd. This would seem to suggest that Lloyd is, in fact, one of the mafia, as he is the only character which anyone has recently expressed an "inkling" for. If this is trye, it would also suggest that either Jade or Pascal is the survivor, and hence the bodyguard.

Please feel free to point any holes in my reasoning.

[M] Mom – Host
05-14-2017, 01:40 AM
Here is your skit, Lloyd!

http://i.imgur.com/jPULCd6.jpg?1

Man, no one trusts me right now. I don't even know what to do.

http://i.imgur.com/1bVc6qb.png?1

Well, I can corroborate at least some of your story. You are right that no one player has two active roles. Also, Eizen definitely targeted Rowen, as you said.

http://i.imgur.com/yV8jhOE.jpg?1

It seems that there are a few mysteries left, however.

http://i.imgur.com/yV8jhOE.jpg?1

On top of a survivor, we also have a lyncher in play. The surprising thing, though, is that they have yet to lynch vote their target. I wonder what their game is.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-14-2017, 01:41 AM
Are you going senile, old man? You said it yourself:

Whether they're right or not has yet to be seen.

The survivor thinks that Lloyd is Mafia, but that doesn't mean that he is. All it means is someone who has expressed a viewpoint is the survivor, which could be Jade, Pascal or Raven. Not me as I posted after the skit.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-14-2017, 01:48 AM
The first skit confirms outright that Lloyd is lying. If the Watcher was informed of two Mafia visiting Colette that night, then he cannot have been prevented from carrying out his role, whether by being blocked or jailed. Lloyd, you naughty boy, your case isn't getting any less incriminating for you.

On the other hand, having the BG be a survivor is terrible news for us, because it means that they will be more focused on living to the end rather than sacrificing themselves to protect a valuable townsperson.

As for the second skit, Eizen targeting Rowen could mean anything, as neither man is dead, nor have they voiced suspicions of each other. My current thinking is that Eizen is in some manner of investigative role.

I'm obviously biased about the lyncher, but Raven has been tirelessly dogging at my heels since the first day on continuously flimsy reasoning (and him calling me out for not providing useful information in my posts is very much a pot calling a kettle black). Not making any direct accusations yet, but we'll see where the days take us.

[M] Adama
05-14-2017, 01:56 AM
Oh well. Let's leave that unfortunate matter aside for now.

For the time being, since we know the lyncher hasn't voted for their target yet, the following Lyncher-Target combinations are impossible.

https://i.imgur.com/uGKcbyI.png

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-14-2017, 01:59 AM
Raven has just kinda been watching quietly lately, even though the first day he was throwing out accusations in all directions. I could see that being lyncher behavior, but I don't think there's really enough to go on there. He did vote for Colette without what I would consider good cause on day 2, but she was killed in the night. If he is a lyncher and she his target, then he's already lost.

The first skit demonstrates Lloyd is lying unless there are two Watchers. I can't see anywhere confirming that each role is only used once, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to make that assumption. What makes me slightly wary to put the final nail in Lloyd's coffin is the Eizen did target Rowen as he claimed.

So the missing piece of information here is: Eizen - what were you doing with Rowen?

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-14-2017, 02:01 AM
Rita;3663532']Are you going senile, old man? You said it yourself:

Whether they're right or not has yet to be seen.

The survivor thinks that Lloyd is Mafia, but that doesn't mean that he is. All it means is someone who has expressed a viewpoint is the survivor, which could be Jade, Pascal or Raven. Not me as I posted after the skit.

Indeed, you're quite right. Apologies for my lapse in concentration. As you say, the Bodyguard would appear to be either Jade, Pascal or possibly Raven (although I don't believe that they have yet indicated a "strong inkling" today. An inkling perhaps, but not a strong inkling).

The question is, how can we determine which of the three is the Bodyguard? Short of the Bodyguard voluntarily revealing themselves, I confess I'm at a loss.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
05-14-2017, 02:03 AM
Lloyd;3663535']Oh well. Let's leave that unfortunate matter aside for now.

For the time being, since we know the lyncher hasn't voted for their target yet, the following Lyncher-Target combinations are impossible.

https://i.imgur.com/uGKcbyI.png

May I ask how you were able to produce this so quickly? Perhaps I''m jumping to conclusions again, but it appears to me that you had this prepared in advance in case this very question should arise.

[M] Adama
05-14-2017, 02:05 AM
Artes, old man.

[M] Aaron
05-14-2017, 02:13 AM
I can say I am not the bodyguard.

[M] Felix
05-14-2017, 02:15 AM
Your hypothesis was flimsy, your evidence was non-existent at the time of your accusation and circumstantial at best after the skit. Your guess may have ended up being correct, but don't try to dress it up as good science.

Yeah, you like to say that and talk a big scientist game, but let's look at your evidence compared to mine, eh?

Rita;3663465']Well, I think I'm gonna go with Mikleo as well. I don't really buy that inactivity == guilt (my research takes a lot​ of time during the day), but I do think just showing up to activate a skit and not really discussing the results is a little suspect.

I won't vote for her though, at least not tonight, as I don't think I could convince a majority to distrust sweet little Elize. And I don't have any compelling evidence either, just a gut feeling.

So instead I'll vote for Mikleo. I think the likelihood of his guilt is high enough to take the risk.

Meanwhile, I admit before the skit that I was mostly focused on him being a yes man doing an excellent job of avoiding attention.
However, I'd already discussed aallll of this before Colette's skit.

Skits have confirmed:

Once Colette admitted her situation and no one counter-claimed her, Lloyd was the best idea we had. Even you admit that now after the skit.

The skits completely backed up her side of the story, but then she went and voted for Velvet.

So a good scientist would stop trying to shoot down her colleague's work and say it was nothing more than a lucky guess.

I even mentioned how after she made her admission about blocking Lloyd, that it REALLY lined up with my theory. Colette made an odd choice, that I think was sadly motivated by the fact that no one was looking at LLoyd but me. I think it's because she saw the same writing on the wall I did. Everyone was too busy arguing over lists or trying to lynch Mikleo for being extremely quiet. Not the most sound reasoning, but what can you do?

ALL the evidence was weak, but mine was the strongest reasoning. That is fact. The most flimsy hypothesis, with the most non-existent evidence was yours and everyone else's band wagon theory on Mikleo. I think the current situation of a dead jailer and a dead enabler should keep you from still trying to argue that point. I warned you ahead of time, and you can ignore that if you want, but it's dangerous. A good scientist can swallow their pride, look at the situation, and admit when they were out thought. So come on, buddy! Let's work together! Cheria tells me I'm wrong for not bathing and trying to touch Sophie almost everyday. It doesn't mean we can't get something wrong and bounce back.

Even now LLoyd's standing by his weak reasoning. So I'll summarize again and then I've done all I can

My reasoning:
Two role's blocked EACH OTHER.
One of those role's was Colette as a Jailer. She tried to jail LLoyd.
It was blocked. Since it was blocked by the OTHER person according to skit information, that person was Lloyd. Not some third party he's removed from.
There was a chance that he was a good aligned role blocker and it was friendly fire.
Except he didn't try to use that angle, because I suspect he didn't see it. He just went with classic mafia denial, and now the evidence has caught him out and he can't go back.

Lloyd's evidence.

Of course two people cancelled each other. I never intended on claiming that was not the case. But, again, the ones that cancelled each other were not Colette and I. I don't know who it was.

[M] Aaron
05-14-2017, 02:16 AM
Rita;3663536']Raven has just kinda been watching quietly lately, even though the first day he was throwing out accusations in all directions. I could see that being lyncher behavior, but I don't think there's really enough to go on there. He did vote for Colette without what I would consider good cause on day 2, but she was killed in the night. If he is a lyncher and she his target, then he's already lost.

The first skit demonstrates Lloyd is lying unless there are two Watchers. I can't see anywhere confirming that each role is only used once, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to make that assumption. What makes me slightly wary to put the final nail in Lloyd's coffin is the Eizen did target Rowen as he claimed.

So the missing piece of information here is: Eizen - what were you doing with Rowen?

I have been IRL busy with work.

I can also confirm that I am not the Survivor, or the Lyncher.

In fact I am the Miller. No real special power to it. I have no night action, and am as vanilla as it gets in this game.

[M] Felix
05-14-2017, 02:24 AM
I also think this might be important, guys.

Because it seems that the survivor... is also our bodyguard.[/CENTER][/B]

Raven;3663524']I'm not sold on Lloyd being mafia. I am more thinking Jade. Jade has yet to add, try, or do anything of any substance that I can think of. I won't say Lloyd isn't, but I just don't see it.

Let's see what else we can find out.

##activate: skit

Maybe this might help us shed some onsite.

It says the survivor has a strong inkling about who mafia is, sure. So that quote from Raven with his thoughts could mean Raven is our survivor and would make Jade Mafia.

Obviously not confirmed, but if no one has seen it, it's an important possibility.

[M] Adama
05-14-2017, 02:24 AM
Bodyguard Survivor is kinda hilarious, isn't it. They pretty much have to target whoever they think *won't* be nightkilled every night.

[M] Aaron
05-14-2017, 02:27 AM
Pascal, I am not the Survivor.

[M] Felix
05-14-2017, 02:30 AM
Time will tell.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
05-14-2017, 02:32 AM
Miller is quite the convenient role claim, isn't it? If you get investigated and turn up Mafia, you have a built-in excuse. I don't buy it yet. However, I'm focused more on the Lloyd situation today than anything else.

[M] Adama
05-14-2017, 02:33 AM
Jade;3663550']I'm focused more on the Lloyd situation today than anything else.

Oh come now, the situation with me has long since reached its conclusion. Feel free to focus on more important things.

[M] Aaron
05-14-2017, 02:37 AM
I can back this up Jade with a day one statement from me. Also it is the safest claim, so feel everyone else feel free to claim it. Not one will, and if they do they are mafia straight out.

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
05-14-2017, 02:47 AM
Pascal;3663543']

Yeah, you like to say that and talk a big scientist game, but let's look at your evidence compared to mine, eh?

Rita;3663465']Well, I think I'm gonna go with Mikleo as well. I don't really buy that inactivity == guilt (my research takes a lot​ of time during the day), but I do think just showing up to activate a skit and not really discussing the results is a little suspect.

I won't vote for her though, at least not tonight, as I don't think I could convince a majority to distrust sweet little Elize. And I don't have any compelling evidence either, just a gut feeling.

Meanwhile, I admit before the skit that I was mostly focused on him being a yes man doing an excellent job of avoiding attention.
However, I'd already discussed aallll of this before Colette's skit.

Skits have confirmed:

Once Colette admitted her situation and no one counter-claimed her, Lloyd was the best idea we had. Even you admit that now after the skit.

The skits completely backed up her side of the story, but then she went and voted for Velvet.

So a good scientist would stop trying to shoot down her colleague's work and say it was nothing more than a lucky guess.

I even mentioned how after she made her admission about blocking Lloyd, that it REALLY lined up with my theory. Colette made an odd choice, that I think was sadly motivated by the fact that no one was looking at LLoyd but me. I think it's because she saw the same writing on the wall I did. Everyone was too busy arguing over lists or trying to lynch Mikleo for being extremely quiet. Not the most sound reasoning, but what can you do?

ALL the evidence was weak, but mine was the strongest reasoning. That is fact. The most flimsy hypothesis, with the most non-existent evidence was yours and everyone else's band wagon theory on Mikleo. I think the current situation of a dead jailer and a dead enabler should keep you from still trying to argue that point. I warned you ahead of time, and you can ignore that if you want, but it's dangerous. A good scientist can swallow their pride, look at the situation, and admit when they were out thought. So come on, buddy! Let's work together! Cheria tells me I'm wrong for not bathing and trying to touch Sophie almost everyday. It doesn't mean we can't get something wrong and bounce back.

Even now LLoyd's standing by his weak reasoning. So I'll summarize again and then I've done all I can

My reasoning:
Two role's blocked EACH OTHER.
One of those role's was Colette as a Jailer. She tried to jail LLoyd.
It was blocked. Since it was blocked by the OTHER person according to skit information, that person was Lloyd. Not some third party he's removed from.
There was a chance that he was a good aligned role blocker and it was friendly fire.
Except he didn't try to use that angle, because I suspect he didn't see it. He just went with classic mafia denial, and now the evidence has caught him out and he can't go back.

Lloyd's evidence.

Of course two people cancelled each other. I never intended on claiming that was not the case. But, again, the ones that cancelled each other were not Colette and I. I don't know who it was.

I think it's awesome how you're not getting hung up on what I said. That's really mature of you.

You know, we have enough information now that waiting one more night and hoping I stay alive is probably not going to effect the content of this all that much so...

##skit activate

[M] Elize
05-14-2017, 02:55 AM
Huh, so Colette just... died.

I'm not used to such violence and sadness, Teepo! I'm not sure I can continue! Nothing this dark happened during our adventures with Jude! Colette was shot in the back of the head! I feel like I've crossed genres from cute anime to thriller!

Aww don't shut down on me now, Elize! We've got to keep working together with our frenemies.

What's a frenemy?

Kinda a friend, kinda an enemy. We won't know which way they swing until we do some investigating! Here, let me do some for now.

So I've looked at all the skits. I won't reiterate what has already been said but yeah Lloyd is looking pretty suspicious from where I'm standing. Pascal has laid the case out against Lloyd. Pretty much the only real mystery left for me is how Lloyd knew Eizen 'did something' to Rowen.

If Lloyd is a stinking dirty traitor, he wouldn't voluntarily throw his fellow Mafia ally under the bus like that by implicating him. Also, I'm getting a non-traitor vibe from Leather Coat Dude, and coupled with the very likely scenario of Lloyd being a traitor, it's more likely he wouldn't throw Leather Coat Dude under a bus, and so Leather Coat Dude is - for me - slanting towards Town.

Of course that begs the question how Lloyd knew about Eizen (and Velvet) visiting Rowen. I doubt it was a guess, that must've been some lucky guess to correctly state the visitor and visitee. If Lloyd is a traitor, then my money is on Lloyd being informed through a Traitor Messenger Pigeon, like the one Alvin used. If he could communicate with his traitor buddies, it is possible the traitors might a watcher, who told everyone what happened.

It wouldn't be too out of place. With many people having roles, it would certainly be of benefit to the traitors to figure out who visited who, because someone who can visit is basically a power role.

For now, I won't get Elize to vote Lloyd, because there's already enough votes on him and I am curious to say what Eizen and Velvet says about all this. I'm thinking Eizen has some sort of investigative role, maybe a tracker of some kind. Not sure about Velvet. I guess we'll see.