PDA

View Full Version : POWER OVERWHELMING

Citizen Bleys
05-08-2017, 09:53 PM
I don't know how long it's been since we had one of these.

If you could have one power/form of magic from any book you've read or game you've played, what would it be and why?

Stipulation: you will be the only person in the world with any fictional power, so "blue magic" is a fool's choice.

I was originally going to claim Terisa Morgan's power from Mordred's Need due to the wealth of flat mirrors in the world, but then I changed my mind to the One Power from the Wheel of Time so I could straight up murder wasps back in time with fucking balefire.

Psychotic
05-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Stipulation: you will be the only person in the world with any fictional power, so "blue magic" is a fool's choice.*looks Bleys directly in the eyes and does not break eye contact*

Blue Magic.

Formalhaut
05-08-2017, 10:01 PM
This is a good question. Though honestly I'd have to try and go through all the books and games I've read and played and come back.

Citizen Bleys
05-08-2017, 10:09 PM
This is a good question. Though honestly I'd have to try and go through all the books and games I've read and played and come back.

See you in 20 years

Edit:. Another older idea of mine is to claim the ability to fly and then just dress up like Superman and fly around making jet pilots think they've gone mad

Iceglow
05-08-2017, 10:26 PM
The one power from WoT would be really useful I mean provided you're talking Sadin once it was cleansed because the your mind rotting to nothing is a pretty steep cost. Balefire is tempting though.

You could always go for the Harry Potter magic powers set. After all there are some pretty useful skills in there and you can always murder people with it too.

Citizen Bleys
05-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Either saidin post-cleansing or saidar, either works.

EDIT:. I don't want to murder people. I want to murder wasps.

Karifean
05-08-2017, 10:57 PM
The ability to speak the absolute truth in red.

Like so: You are incompetent.

How do you talk in red? Who the smurf knows. It's magic. I ain't gotta explain trout.

Citizen Bleys
05-08-2017, 11:24 PM
Sounds like you want to be the pope, who is infallible only when speaking ex cathedra

FFNut
05-09-2017, 12:15 AM
I always wished I could travel anywhere in the world in the blink of an eye. Not so much as a super hero thing, but to be able to really explore the world. Stop in at Formy's and Carny's for tea, sit down with Fynn and talk games, then be back home in Canada for dinner.

Citizen Bleys
05-09-2017, 12:28 AM
Terisa's power would give you that-- She can change the image in any flat glass and translate through it without the transported party going mad. That basically means you could use any non-curved mirror to go anywhere you like

Bubba
05-09-2017, 11:34 AM
The teleportation ability in Steven Gould's novel Jumper. It would be so cool just being wherever you like in any given moment. I'd be really careful not to alert any of the authorities to my ability so I'm not being hunted down by the NSA.

Vasher
05-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Honestly, there are too many suffering in the world. If I could have any "gift"/power/ability granted/bestowed/found, it would be the ability to "heal". Any deformity, defect, ailment, para's, quad's, you name it. I would devote my life to healing others. "Non-profits" would collect in my name, helping me to cover the basic needs of myself and family. We would not live as we do now, but I would feel fulfilled, and my "sacrifice" would send the proper message
to my own children.