PDA

View Full Version : The Best Thraving Hat EVER!

Meat Puppet
05-13-2017, 12:58 PM
There are many hats in the world. Hats are usually great.

http://i.imgur.com/QCvRie9.jpg

In my opinion, the Indiana Johns Fedora is the most thraving awesome 핱 in the entire world.

Which hat do you like the best? Smiley hat http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/HAT.gif maybe? Or a baseball cap? A fez? Or even an 'at what you nicked from an old person?

EDIT: Thanks for the Gold, kind stranger! :smash:

FFNut
05-14-2017, 04:23 AM
I am a ball cap kind of guy. I always have mine on.

Mr. Carnelian
05-14-2017, 12:02 PM
I've got to ask: what does "thraving" mean?

As far as hats go, I don't really wear them. I've got a trilby lying around somewhere which used to belong to my grandfather, I wore that quite a lot last summer.

Psychotic
05-14-2017, 12:47 PM
I've got to ask: what does "thraving" mean?Happy to oblige. An attempt was made by myself, Rye and Levian to introduce a new word into the EoFF sphere in 2004. We used it a lot in posts in the hope it would catch on. However, as we forgot about it perhaps a day or two after we had the idea, it sadly never did. I believe the word itself was an archaic agricultural term to do with grain.

You may - quite rightly - wonder what this has to do with this thread. http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/50703-The-Best-Thraving-Hat-EVER! As you can see, the gentleman has borrowed from a thread I made in 2004 when I was aged 17 and going through my lol so random and zany phase.

Now that I am in my boring and middle aged phase, I am happy to report that the best thraving hat is one that will prevent my bald noggin from acquiring sunburn. In summary, go thrave yourselves.

FFNut
05-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Though I understood what "Tharving" ment through the thread, I admit like Carny I had no idea by reading the topic subject until I clicked it.

I thought it must be some European term I had never heard of before.

Lyndis Highwind
05-15-2017, 05:30 AM
I don't really wear hats. I wouldn't mind wearing a baseball hat to keep my hair out of my face while I'm doing yard work and whatnot though.

Wolf Kanno
05-15-2017, 06:04 PM
NJkg_9536PU

Citizen Bleys
05-15-2017, 11:36 PM
I've grown quite attached to my flat cap.

Sephex
05-16-2017, 05:59 PM
Even though I am balding I don't really wear any hats all that often. In cooler weather I'll wear a plain black winter hat, but that's just for function, really. Baseball caps and the like don't really fit my head. No, seriously, my head is too big where even if you put the hat at the loosest setting it will still very obviously look like I forced a children's hat on my head. Plus, even with a shaved head that kind of hat just looks wrong on me. I once walked into a room with a baseball hat as a joke and the entire room vomited in a perfect synchronous manner.

However, even though my balding has stopped (which in itself is irritating because I wish my hairline would trout or get off the pot already) or most likely slowed down considerably (my hair is visibly thinned, but it's looked the same since 2010ish) I've been thinking about getting something for the summer. A dude at work has one of those biker handkerchiefs tied up like a pirate or like Serge from Chrono Cross. Maybe I should try that? Honestly, I just want to avoid a sunburnt scalp. But nooooo if you wear any head gear while you are bald or balding there is always some jerk hole that says something like, "HA HA HA DON'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW YOUR SECRET, HUH!? HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE BR? BR? BR? BR?"

In all likelihood I'll probably continue to wear nothing when it is hot out and have people think I am clinging to my youth rather than just being lazy and not wanting to blow 15 to 20 dollars on a stupid haircut.

Iceglow
05-17-2017, 10:01 PM
I'm not in to hats really, I kind of like my hair being styled. If I'm having a lazy day in winter then maybe a beanie will grace my head, or if it's particularly cold like Siberian cold.

In summer, usually my hair is styled, always styled. That said, I'm not against a good Stetson if I can't see.

Darth Ganon
05-23-2017, 07:43 AM
I use to wear caps all the time, but cut that out for the most part about a year and a half ago. Probably to look less dorky around a girl I liked and it just stuck. When I take my dog for a walk or do yard work I'll still throw one on and when I'm at work a have a big hat for the summer otherwise I just cook in the sun.

Oh, I'd like to wear more knit caps in the winter because my ears get really cold, but they make my head so itchy. Plus hat hair is so bad with them that I'm dedicated for the day unless I have a back-up hat (I never do).

Ironically since I stopped wearing a hat regularly I've collected four more from sales reps.

Colonel Angus
05-24-2017, 10:27 PM
I wear ballcaps a lot, but I wish I owned a derby/bowler.