PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated FF Character (poll)

Lamia
05-26-2017, 10:10 PM
Here's a poll of what seems to be of FF characters that get a lot of hate by the community. Which one do you hate the most?

Wolf Kanno
05-26-2017, 11:00 PM
I could easily vote for Yuna and Vanille on this list but I chose other, because you forgot Yuffie and she deserves to be slowly tortured to death.

FFNut
05-26-2017, 11:14 PM
I voted on the list for Stupid Hope. So so annoying.

Pumpkin
05-26-2017, 11:36 PM
Aerith :stare:

Forsaken Lover
05-27-2017, 12:54 AM
I voted for Squall on that list because he's awful and he gets a lot of undeserved recognition for being "well-written" while he is actually just awful.

Bland design, inconsistent and incoherent character development, his uninteresting, unconvincing romance story hijacks Rinoa's subplot and turns her into his arm candy....

But see, he whines a lot in his sleep so he's really ~deep~

Elly
05-27-2017, 02:20 AM
had to vote other because it didn't include:
Laugh at the Trans Quinna
or
Kill Your Own Party Cait Sith...

Colonel Angus
05-27-2017, 06:08 AM
I'd like to see less of Seymour.

Jinx
05-27-2017, 06:16 AM
I'd like to see less of Seymour.

funny, i'd like to see more :smug:

Darth Ganon
05-27-2017, 06:24 AM
Zell always irritated me. He was overly excitable and I don't recall any other characteristics that balanced it out. It's a shame he was one of the best party members.

Vyk
05-27-2017, 07:02 AM
Oh my gosh, everything I hate about Final Fantasy's recent years in one thread. Wonderful~!

Fynn
05-27-2017, 07:42 AM
I could easily vote for Yuna and Vanille on this list but I chose other, because you forgot Yuffie and she deserves to be slowly tortured to death.

Good God, I voted Hope but this is legit. Yuffie is literally the worst thing ever created.

maybee
05-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Voted for Lightning, she's not cold though, she's a bitch.

Galuf
05-27-2017, 10:39 AM
Wimpy edward I wouldve chose. If he couldnt one shot dragons

so I choose hope.

Shiva95
05-27-2017, 12:55 PM
I absolutely can't stand Cait Sith.

Lamia
05-27-2017, 09:57 PM
or

I thought everyone loved Quina :O LoL.

Looks like I didn't know which characters were the most hated, considering that "Other" is winning the poll. Boo.

Wolf Kanno
05-27-2017, 10:10 PM
or

Looks like I didn't know which characters were the most hated, considering that "Other" is winning the poll. Boo.

Don't get me wrong, your list is pretty accurate for the fandom but you simply forgot a few.

Elly
05-28-2017, 03:43 AM
or

yeah, i seem to be like the only one that notices that this (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Quina_Quen) is an earlier version of this (http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Caitlyn_Jenner), they're the same joke...
know that i have felt this way since i played the game the day it launched on PSX (11/13/00), before South Park made the same joke(09/16/15)... i was appalled by how the character was handled, mocking trans-people... but like the Caitlyn Jenner joke won't stop me from enjoying South Park, Quina has never stopped me from enjoying Final Fantasy...

as for "other" winning it's because a lot of the characters you mixed in there are actually liked by fans, Yuna & Ignis for example... personally, i like all the characters in that list with the exception of Seymour, and i can tolerate Hope... but that's just my opinion...

Psychotic
05-28-2017, 08:02 AM
I hope you don't mind, but I may have... amended... the poll.

maybee
05-28-2017, 12:39 PM
That feeling when you like Yuffie.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/crying-waterfalls.gif

(I actually laughed really loud lmao )

Forsaken Lover
05-28-2017, 01:00 PM
People just can't forgive her for stealing their materia in spite of how awesome Morph + Conformer and Doom of the Living are.

maybee
05-28-2017, 01:04 PM
People just can't forgive her for stealing their materia in spite of how awesome Morph + Conformer and Doom of the Living are.

To be fair that part was really annoying. And then she puts the Materia in all the wrong order lol.

Psychotic
05-28-2017, 01:50 PM
That and saying "Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk" like she's fucking Pingu or something.

Forsaken Lover
05-28-2017, 02:19 PM
That and saying "Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk" like she's smurfing Pingu or something.

Who the heck is Pingu? Nyuk, nyuk nyuk just reminds me of Curly from Three Stooges.

Psychotic
05-28-2017, 02:22 PM
That and saying "Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk" like she's smurfing Pingu or something.

Who the heck is Pingu?http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/pingu_506.jpg

Although the more commonly accepted phonetic spelling is "Noot noot".

Shauna
05-28-2017, 03:35 PM
Unrelated to the actual topic, but this felt appropriate.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzE4TRrW8AEuq-4.jpg

Elly
05-28-2017, 04:47 PM
wow, i loved Yuffie, possibly my 2nd favorite character in FFVII right after Tiffa, i really don't get the hate for her... i mean her Materia stealing side-quest takes like only 30 minutes in a 100+ hour game (the timer always stops on 99:99"99 on me halfway through disk 3), i also write down who has what Materia before i ever get to Wutai, so putting it back only takes like a minute...
favorite and hated characters are completely subjective... for example i love Yuffie, Selphie, Rikku, Penello, Vanille, yet a large group of people act like they're the worst thing to happen to gaming... whereas a lot of people like Quina yet i can't believe how people are not seeing what i see clearly... completely subjective... we almost all agree about Cait Sith though (well, according to most polls anyway) ammirite?..

Lamia
05-28-2017, 06:11 PM
I hope you don't mind, but I may have... amended... the poll.

LOL! I like Yuffie but I admit to feeling betrayed when she stole my materia.

Fynn
05-28-2017, 09:04 PM
My feelings toward her have nothing to do with the Wutai quest. I simply hate her because she is absolute trash in every conceivable way.

Karifean
05-28-2017, 11:11 PM
My feelings toward her have nothing to do with the Wutai quest. I simply hate her because she is absolute trash in every conceivable way.

But Fynn, do you still hate her if I tell you that she lets you skip over Disk 2 entirely in the PC version? :P

Fynn
05-29-2017, 08:04 AM
Haha, you are lying and I know because I played the PC version!

Psychotic
05-29-2017, 11:15 AM
I think he's referring to the Wutai glitch that lets you skip the Lifestream and Huge Materia parts of the game.

Karifean
05-29-2017, 11:31 AM
Yuffie Warping (https://youtu.be/d_A_SV86LeM) actually.

Vermachtnis
05-29-2017, 12:00 PM
Yuffie is actually the best character in the series and half a million people have never been so wrong.

Fynn
05-29-2017, 12:16 PM
Yuffie is actually the best character in the series and half a million people have never been so wrong.

You have just sealed your fate. Rejoice - you'll be the guest of honor on EoFF's first public execution.

Psychotic
05-29-2017, 01:34 PM
Hahaha, "first". Cute.

Fynn
05-29-2017, 02:29 PM
I mean, *obviously* EoFF didn't exist until I joined staff so you're clearly lying

I bet you're also secretly a Yuffie sympathizer

Formalhaut
05-29-2017, 03:03 PM
Is it bad that I don't really hate any of these characters?

I mean sure some of them are annoying throughout much of their character arc: I only really started to like Tidus after about half the game because I just found him pretty arrogant and juvenile. And Hope was annoying but I can accept he was going through some serious PTSD trauma for a teenager so I mean I can't be too harsh. Snow was pretty one note the entire time but what can you do?

Hell I even liked Yuffie, to a point. Her stealing all your Materia sucked but the Wutai diversion was an enjoyable enough sidequest before the game really started getting heavy. Cait Sith was kinda... there, and didn't really impact the plot until it actually mattered, so that's more of a walking plot device than a character. And the redemption thing was nice.

I'm almost tempted to say Vaan because of the FFs I've played I could never quite get into his character. But then I noticed of all people, Seymour was on the list and well he's a creepy creepy villain so I mean of course I'm voting for him.

EDIT: Hey Psychotic, you couldn't happen to put Kai Leng down on this list? :p

FFNut
05-29-2017, 05:19 PM
There are many not on the list we can talk about too.

Edward FFIV

Locke FFVI

Cyan FFVI

There is many more. However the list with the Yuffie add had enough for me to chose Hope. I can stick to that.

Yubel-Lover
05-30-2017, 09:39 AM
For me it was Snow. I can't stand characters who talk that big... I don't really hate him though, I just don't like his attitude.

Example
05-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Out of those ones, Rinoa. She's extremely annoying and childish, constantly forces herself on Squall for no real reason, needs to be rescued every other mission, never learns her lesson and the one time she gets reprimanded for it we're supposed to feel sorry for her. Give me a break.

My actual most hated FF character would be Genesis, the ultimate Mary Sue.

Honestly speaking though I like at least half of the characters on that list.

maybee
05-30-2017, 02:41 PM
There are many not on the list we can talk about too.

Edward FFIV

Locke FFVI

@ Fynn Can we add FFNut to the public execution list ? :stare:

Vermachtnis
05-31-2017, 04:19 AM

You have just sealed your fate. Rejoice - you'll be the guest of honor on EoFF's first public execution.

Come at me, I'm ripped.

Darth Ganon
05-31-2017, 04:52 AM
Locke FFVI

EXPLAIN.

Snap Jumper
06-02-2017, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure I understand all the hate for Yuffie. If it's the part where she steals the team's Materia, it's 100% skippable. You don't have to do it.

As for my most hated list, most of which were not options:
-Locke (VI): He starts the game being told by Arvis to go save Terra. He argues back, calling her a witch. Then he finally and reluctantly goes to do the rescue, at which point the Moogles come along and do all the work for him. He then spends the rest of the game creepily obsessing over protecting women that don't need it. His view that female military generals are weak and need protection doesn't make him endearing; it makes him come off delusional. He also doesn't have a single battle skill that someone else can't do better.

-Irvine (VIII): Another guy trying to get with every woman in the game. That alone is enough to put him in my top 5 most hated characters, but then they refer to him as a gunman and sharpshooter...and he freezes up when it's time to pull the trigger. By this point, he's already #1 most hated for me. But then he watches Rinoa fall off the edge of the garden, is unable to do anything. He then tells Squall to go rescue her...IN THE MIDDLE OF LEADING A MAJOR FIGHT BETWEEN GARDENS. Not now, Irvine. You do it. And then there's the orphanage scene. It's long, it's boring, but every time I try to leave, Irvine won't let me. C'mon Irvine, I've seen the scenes before. Can I just get on with the game?

-Auron (X): When you're in a game with Tidus and Lulu (not to mention the moment where Yuna gathers everyone out into a thunderstorm to deliver news she could have said inside) and you're worse than both of them, you must really suck. And Auron does. He's a know-it-all, he's bossy. He acts like he's running the show and doesn't care what Yuna does, as long as she continues the pilgrimage for him. Meanwhile, he's near useless in battle later in the game because he's way, WAY too slow. One battle forced him into the party and it took about 4 turns from everyone else before he got one so I could switch him out.

-Vaan (XII): He's really not that awful, but being forced to play as him in cities with no option to switch makes me not like him.

-Snow (XIII): XIII's version of Auron: the guy who thinks he's better than everyone else. Add in the endless yapping about being a hero, and there we have a character that grates on the nerves.

Vermachtnis
06-02-2017, 02:35 PM
As much as I hate to defend Irvine, I always thought him freezing up as foreshadowing his relationship with Edea.

Wolf Kanno
06-02-2017, 06:21 PM
The problem with Yuffie is not just the Wutai Materia quest, it's the fact she's a self-centered bitch that looks down on everyone and treats the rest of the party like shit; like when she blows off Barret after he tells the party about his hometown and his connection to it's destruction before going to the Gold Saucer. Also, being a decent party member 3/4th of the way into game when you acquire their ultimate weapon (of which this happens to most of the party anyway, so it's not that special anyway) doesn't redeem the fact she's kind of dead weight for the first 3/4ths of the game. Her biggest problem is that she's more annoying than funny, which is the issue I have with all of the Hyper Genki Girl characters in the series. Her back story isn't enough to to redeem her negative qualities. I mean at least when Edge did the whole Arrogant Proud Ninja thing, the game went out of it's way to put him in his place.

Vermachtnis
06-05-2017, 02:09 PM
The more I think about it, Yuffie is just my favorite by default. Except for Shadow, who I hated, I'm neutral to the rest. I liked Cid a little bit. But yeah, did not care for the main cast. I liked The Turks a lot more.

maybee
06-06-2017, 02:36 AM
it's the fact she's a self-centered bitch that looks down on everyone and treats the rest of the party like trout; like when she blows off Barret after he tells the party about his hometown and his connection to it's destruction before going to the Gold Saucer.

Aerith does the same though. In fact Aerith the way that she treats poor Barret is ten times worse. Yuffie just says that Barret shouldn't of trusted Shrina INC. Which is harsh and cold, but not to the levels in the way that Aerith treats him. She just completely ignores him and uses the theme park and as a good chance to "get" Cloud.

Yuffie is about 16 years old and she's still a young teen and she's still learning how the world works etc, Aerith has no excuse. Yuffie is a bitch though, not denying that. But Aerith is the bigger bitch towards Barret.

The only ones that seem to really care about Barret is Tifa and Red honestly.

doesn't redeem the fact she's kind of dead weight for the first 3/4ths of the game.

Disagree, her limit breaks are awesome and she's a good healer when Aerith leaves.

FFNut
06-07-2017, 12:51 AM
Wh wasn't Locke an option? He could easily run side by side with Yuffie.

maybee
06-07-2017, 07:54 PM
What's with all this Locke hate ? Locke is amazing :cry:

Elly
06-08-2017, 05:17 PM
ikr, i thought Locke was a funny character at times and noble at others...

Vyk
06-08-2017, 07:18 PM
I love Locke, he's got a good heart, and an amusing sense of humor and is one of the more level headed characters. He is a little misguided when it comes to girls, but I'm sure he can learn. I don't see him as an asshole about it or anything

Wolf Kanno
06-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Aerith does the same though. In fact Aerith the way that she treats poor Barret is ten times worse. Yuffie just says that Barret shouldn't of trusted Shrina INC. Which is harsh and cold, but not to the levels in the way that Aerith treats him. She just completely ignores him and uses the theme park and as a good chance to "get" Cloud.

Yuffie is about 16 years old and she's still a young teen and she's still learning how the world works etc, Aerith has no excuse. Yuffie is a bitch though, not denying that. But Aerith is the bigger bitch towards Barret.

The only ones that seem to really care about Barret is Tifa and Red honestly.

Honestly, I saw Aerith's Gold Saucer escapades as more of her trying to lighten the mood. Her actions with Barret when you enter always felt to me like her trying to get the grumpy bear to chillax a bit and it completely blew up in her face, which is frankly understandable, but I never saw it as her being selfish as more of her awkwardly trying to be Team Mom.

Also being a dumb kid doesn't redeem the fact that Yuffie doesn't have any manners and is totally self-absorbed. A child can still be thoughtful and polite even if they are naive.

Disagree, her limit breaks are awesome and she's a good healer when Aerith leaves.

That's what Materia is for. :p

maybee
06-09-2017, 02:00 AM
Honestly, I saw Aerith's Gold Saucer escapades as more of her trying to lighten the mood. Her actions with Barret when you enter always felt to me like her trying to get the grumpy bear to chillax a bit and it completely blew up in her face, which is frankly understandable, but I never saw it as her being selfish as more of her awkwardly trying to be Team Mom.

You may be right there. Aerith is the character that just wants to be happy despite everything.

Also being a dumb kid doesn't redeem the fact that Yuffie doesn't have any manners and is totally self-absorbed. A child can still be thoughtful and polite even if they are naive.

Oh no, didn't mean that Yuffie is naive, just that I don't think that Yuffie knows how to cope yet ? If you take her to Aerith's death she takes it the worst so she is a good person inside- just frustrated and angry about Wutai.

That's what Materia is for. :p

But those cool limit breaks ! And yeah I always give some healing materia to Cloud but it always pays to have a backup just in case ?

Darth Ganon
06-09-2017, 05:18 AM
As much as I hate to defend Irvine, I always thought him freezing up as foreshadowing his relationship with Edea.

HOW DID I NEVER REALIZE THIS BEFORE!?:omgomg:

Vyk
06-10-2017, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty sure they explain it in game. He didn't use GFs as much so he didn't lose memories the way everyone else did and he recognized her as someone from his childhood he was not happy to murder