PDA

View Full Version : Tekken EoFFight Club

fat_moogle
05-30-2017, 06:34 PM
Tekken 7 is out on Friday! Who's picking it up? And for what platform? Let me know and I'll make a list of players for each platform. If you like, post your online ID too so people can request an add if they're on the same platform as you. I'll hide all online ID's behind spoiler tags. If you don't have Tekken 7 but have Tekken Tag 2 or Tekken 6 on PS3 or 360 then again, let me know. Let the Tekken EoFFight Club commence!

---------------\o/----------------
Tekken EoFFight Club Members
---------o.O-------:s------------

Pumpkin - T7 (PS4), T6/TTT2 (PS3)
PSN ID -
digupherbones108 shared account with sharkythsharkdogg

pudgy bird - T7 (PS4), TTT2 (PS3)
PSN ID -
kris4shaw

Rocket Edge - T7 (PS4), TTT2 (PS3)
PSN ID -
novi_glitzko

Pumpkin
05-30-2017, 06:39 PM
I'll be picking it up for PS4! I have Tekken Tag 2 and Tekken 6 as well

ID stuff:
digupherbones108 shared account with sharkythsharkdogg

Formalhaut
05-30-2017, 07:17 PM
A great idea, but sadly I won't be able to take part. Can't afford Tekken 7 even if I was a super-fan, and I am the worst at fighting games. All those fiddly button presses. Bleh.

I'd love to see some action, though!

fat_moogle
05-30-2017, 08:07 PM
A great idea, but sadly I won't be able to take part. Can't afford Tekken 7 even if I was a super-fan, and I am the worst at fighting games. All those fiddly button presses. Bleh.

I'd love to see some action, though!
I'm wondering whether Bandai Namco will enable Share Play on PS4? If so there's always the chance of playing one of us that way!

As for being rubbish at Tekken, I used to be terrible. Press anything to win xD But when I started playing TTT2 again I started using practise mode more, and playing properly makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Pumpkin
05-30-2017, 08:09 PM
I'm still terrible myself but I still have fun. Pretty bummed that Anna might not be in it though

fat_moogle
05-30-2017, 08:26 PM
I'm still terrible myself but I still have fun. Pretty bummed that Anna might not be in it though
She'll be in it...hidden behind the season pass, more than likely, which includes two new characters and another game mode. Gone are the days of unlocking characters as you play :(

Scruffington
05-30-2017, 08:42 PM
I'd be interested, but unfortunately I actually decided to pick up Street Fighter V instead. :P

Depression Moon
05-30-2017, 08:44 PM
Too broke to get it.

Psychotic
05-30-2017, 08:45 PM
We used to have some pretty awesome Tekken brawls IRL in arcades at EoFF meet ups! ...and holy crap I just remembered that was thirteen bloody years ago. It'd usually come down to Hwoarang vs Hwoarang. He was everyone's boy for some reason. (he's still my boy tbh)

This'll probably be the first Tekken I don't actually get in Tekken history. I think I'm just too old for fighting games and my brittle wrists can't handle it anymore. Hope you all have a great time with it though!

Scruffington
05-30-2017, 08:46 PM
We used to have some pretty awesome brawls IRL in arcades at EoFF meet ups! ...and holy crap I just remembered that was thirteen bloody years ago.

This'll probably be the first Tekken I don't actually get in Tekken history. I think I'm just too old for fighting games and my brittle wrists can't handle it anymore. Hope you all have a great time with it though!

You're never too old for fighting games.

Alex Valle is 39 years old, and he's still killing it in games like SFV.

Psychotic
05-30-2017, 08:48 PM
Maybe, but I bet his wrists are so mashed up that he can't even hold a pen!

For real though, I used to get incredible RSI from playing the original old skool Tekken on my PS1 when I was 11 or so, so maybe it's a me thing rather than an age thing.

Scruffington
05-30-2017, 08:52 PM
Maybe, but I bet his wrists are so mashed up that he can't even hold a pen!

For real though, I used to get incredible RSI from playing the original old skool Tekken on my PS1 when I was 11 or so, so maybe it's a me thing rather than an age thing.

You just have to learn to take care of your wrists. It's definitely manageable.

Tons of Street Fighter vets like Justin Wong, Daigo, and Infiltration are in their early 30s and they're still really good. :P

fat_moogle
05-30-2017, 09:02 PM
I'd be interested, but unfortunately I actually decided to pick up Street Fighter V instead. :P
Then GTFO out and make your own thread for that game :P I never got in to Street Fighter. I only ever played one of the old ones at friends houses though and never really got to learn the moves. I did consider getting SFV when it came out but I decided against it in the end.

We used to have some pretty awesome Tekken brawls IRL in arcades at EoFF meet ups! ...and holy crap I just remembered that was thirteen bloody years ago. It'd usually come down to Hwoarang vs Hwoarang. He was everyone's boy for some reason. (he's still my boy tbh)

Sounds like a pretty good meet up to me! I'm terrible with Hwoarang. I'll practise with his legs in Tekken 7 and let you know how I get on xD

Depression Moon
05-30-2017, 10:37 PM
Tekken 7 looks good and weird at the same time. The new slow motion feature and the armor moves look great and then Akuma, but then you have weird choices with the roster like Gigas and veterans like Lei and Mokujin absent who are usually in every game. And then you have the lack of P2 and P3 costumes, and the customization is lacking.

fat_moogle
05-30-2017, 11:59 PM
I think the new gameplay elements look good, although the novelty of the slow motion attacks might wear off quickly. The new rage system looks to make for some pretty intense battles, though.

As for missing characters, yeah, there are a few fan favourites missing, but personally I'm not too bothered because I didn't use them anyway. It's a shame for those that do though, but at least there's still a nice variety of new characters to choose from, and no bulking out of the double characters like Christie.

FFNut
05-31-2017, 12:47 AM
I have no clue if I will pick it up. I stink at fighting games. I end up button mashing and not knowing what I am doing.

Depression Moon
05-31-2017, 01:34 AM
I think the new gameplay elements look good, although the novelty of the slow motion attacks might wear off quickly. The new rage system looks to make for some pretty intense battles, though.

As for missing characters, yeah, there are a few fan favourites missing, but personally I'm not too bothered because I didn't use them anyway. It's a shame for those that do though, but at least there's still a nice variety of new characters to choose from, and no bulking out of the double characters like Christie.

Christie is a copy and paste character though. They could've just had her take the same slot as Eddy like in 4 and 5. I know it's just personal taste, but I don't feel the new characters. I hate Lucky Chloe's anime, moe, idol girl look, her moveset is fine though, Gigas looks like a Tekken Force character, Claudio is just okay, Eliza to me feels out of place like she belongs in SC, Katarina is alright, but aesthetic-wise she looks like Christie. I could see Christie wearing the same stuff. Josie is great, and Heihachi's wife looks good and Master Raven I like. Also Akuma.

Also, I don't feel bad for Roger's exclusion, but they didn't put him in the game for the dumbest reason: Because of that kangaroo video that was out a while back (https://twitter.com/flying_wonkey/status/857594448896708609?lang=en).

Bubba
05-31-2017, 11:09 AM
Same as Psy, fighting games were a thing of my youth but I hope you guys have fun beating seven tonnes of crap out of each other. You guys should record your fights and post them here! If that is even possible...

I will occasionally blast through Tekken 2 on my Vita when I'm feeling nostalgic :D

fat_moogle
05-31-2017, 04:05 PM
I have no clue if I will pick it up. I stink at fighting games. I end up button mashing and not knowing what I am doing.
Go on, you know you want to. Give in to peer pressure! You'll be fine with a bit of practise, and the games story mode teaches you the basics anyway, I believe.

Christie is a copy and paste character though.
Yeah, that's what I meant when I said about the "bulking out". We get new characters instead of that but, like you said, they could have easily added the doubles on the same slot. Maybe they just didn't know what to do with the characters story wise.

Same as Psy, fighting games were a thing of my youth but I hope you guys have fun beating seven tonnes of crap out of each other. You guys should record your fights and post them here! If that is even possible...
That's a good idea about the recording. You can post things to YouTube from PS4, can't you? Not that I've ever tried to. And I've never used any of the streaming services like Twitch before.

Rocket Edge
05-31-2017, 10:07 PM
Put me down pudgy! PSN: novi_glitzko

T7 is getting some very good reviews so far:

IGN: 9.5 (not final)

Tekken 7 is a love letter to this long-running franchise and its staggering complexity. Yet somehow it still manages to be accessible to just about anyone wanting to mash buttons, and its huge amount of customization unlocks constantly give you something to strive for beyond its silly and slightly cliched story. In a pretty good time for fighting games, with Injustice 2 knocking it out of the park, Killer Instinct continuing to give us quality content years after its release, Street Fighter 5 hitting its stride after a rocky start, and a new version of Guilty Gear Xrd air-dashing our way, the King of the Iron Fist Tournament will not be outdone.

Heavy: 9.5

The wait was definitely worth it. Tekken 7 embodies the best parts of the series and throws in some meaningful additions. The Story Mode turns out to be one the best parts of not only this entry, but in all of fighting game history. From a mechanical standpoint, the fighting is balanced well, plays amazingly and stands out even more thanks to its livestream friendly features. The visuals shine even brighter and the soundtrack continues the legacy of Tekken’s great OST history. It’s a bit disheartening to play through the shockingly short solo character stories and encounter the lackluster character customization options, though. Even still, Tekken 7 pulls away with the win and hits a high mark for fighting games.

Press Start: 9

At its core, Tekken 7 manages to prove that the series still has a place after 20 years, showing no signs of slowing down. Newcomers will find their way into the game quite easily, and experienced players will be able to jump back into it and find most of their favourite characters ready to go and familiar to play with. But while the game does a lot of things right, some long-time players will find the omission of modes or characters a little jarring.

GameReactor UK: 9

Bandai Namco has hit a home run here and has created a game that is easily accessible in the same way Tekken has almost always been - something that has made it so popular - but at the same time it has managed to bring about a lot of changes and added depth to make it appealing even to the pros, likely for years to come. "May I have a rematch?" has been the most commonly spoken phrase around these parts for a while, and will likely stay that way, because this is an excellent game.

The addition of Akuma is a stroke of genius that also makes it easier for Street Fighter players and fans of 2D fighting to get into the Tekken world.

IGN Italy: 8.6

One of the best games in the series gameplay-wise, a little short in terms of single player modes.

PlayStation Lifestyle: 8.5

Tekken 7 remains an addicting technical fighter that constantly beckons you for just one more round. There are so many moves for each character, mastering even one complete move set will take nothing less than complete dedication. While it doesn’t feel as though Namco Bandai has done much to innovate in the genre from the surface, those who prefer Tekken’s brand of fighting than those of Capcom’s or NetherRealm’s will be in for a treat. Fans of the series will feel right at home, while those looking to ease their way into the series will find a lot to chew on. All that being said, Tekken 7 is a formidable entry into the fighting genre, and will provide hundreds of hours of fun for fans and newcomers alike. Just be prepared to learn a lot of new stuff.

I for one am happy the likes of Lei & Jun etc. are out from a personal point of view. They were frustrating characters to play against. So yeah, keep them away! I haven't played the game yet in an arcade or anything so I don't know what to make of the rage arts just yet. I think Akuma is a great addition and he still performs like a Street Fighter characters move-set yet still being in a 3D fighter so that was well done.

I'll be getting this on day 1 as well. I honestly think if people like casual online multiplayer like FPS's, FIFA, Rocket League or anything along the same lines they will LOVE this game. Fighters are so underrated online. They can be so intense and entertaining.

Who will your guys mains be? For me it'll be Yoshimitsu. I'll also play Paul & King. I'm not sure who I'll try to learn just yet.

Pumpkin
05-31-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm not good enough to main anyone but I use Xiaoyu and Lili most

Some of those reviews say good customization options and others say lacking customization WHICH IS IT, THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME

Rocket Edge
05-31-2017, 10:17 PM
xD

This game will bring in a new wave of noobs so you can test out Xiaoyu or Lili to eventually see who'll take the Pumpkin crown. Yoshimitsu has always been my main but characters moveset & stuff differ from game to game so it'll be interesting to see the changes and if they benefit the characters I use for my play-style or not.

fat_moogle
05-31-2017, 10:53 PM
^ I'm looking forward to fighting you again, Rocket! I'll miss Jun from TTT2 as I started getting good with her, but I look forward to experimenting with some other characters. I never learnt how to play as Yoshi...maybe one day I'll beat you at your own game ;P

@Pumpkin - head to YouTube, search combo breaker Tekken 7 and watch the girl play as Xiaoyu. Let's both learn her and maybe that could be us sat there in a few years time xD

Also, I'm confused about the contrasting comments about customisation. I haven't bothered to customise before but I might start making myself stand out more!

FFNut
06-01-2017, 12:03 AM
I don't have a PS4, just an XBoxOne. Looks like I may be the only one here with that.

fat_moogle
06-01-2017, 12:25 AM
I don't have a PS4, just an XBoxOne. Looks like I may be the only one here with that.
It's a shame that player bases are split due to no cross platform play. Do you want me to add you on to the list with your Gamer Tag?

FFNut
06-01-2017, 01:25 AM
No I probably won't pick it up. Don't have a ton of time really to play anyhow. As it is I get about 30mins of game time a day only.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-01-2017, 01:39 AM
Lei Wulong has been in Tekken since part 2, and his unique move set really made him something different.

It's a shame he won't be back, and watching a good Lei player was something special. It's kinda like a good Yoshi player. It's fun to watch the tricky trap characters.

I'm really not very good anymore, but I'll try to polish up my King again so I can at least play some casual stuff. Right now, I'd be all button mashing and failing hard. :shobon:

fat_moogle
06-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Dr. Bosconivitch was the worst "tricky trap" character to play against online, especially when the player just scooted him along across the floor, taking your legs out before you could even make a move.

Anyway, my copy has been dispatched!

Rocket Edge
06-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Tricky trap eh? Who remembers this little monstrosity

sharkythesharkdogg
06-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Gon was great to use for silly fun. Sure his low height made him annoying, but pretty much every character in the game had plenty of stuff to get him with. Plus they made him extra launch-able/juggle-able(sp?).

Even their joke characters were reasonably balanced in T3. :lol:

Rocket Edge
06-01-2017, 06:04 PM
They did! His reach was super small xD

I joined a whatsapp group for called Tekken Ireland. There's about 300 odd members in it. I had to mute the phone because it was literally beeping every 5 seconds with people being so hype for midnight. It's 6hrs away from now for me. I'll definitely slip in a few games before calling it a night.

Pumpkin
06-01-2017, 06:07 PM
We get to pick it up at 9 tonight because gamestop is having an event! 8 hours to go

fat_moogle
06-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Ugh, I've got to wait for my copy to arrive in the post tomorrow! Have fun guys, let us know what you think of it!

Pumpkin
06-01-2017, 11:41 PM
2 hours 20 minutes :excited:

fat_moogle
06-01-2017, 11:48 PM
Probably like 12 - 14 hours for me! Maybe even longer. Post seems to arrive anytime of the day these days.

Pumpkin
06-02-2017, 03:11 AM
I sure hope they add customization options as time goes on because I am severely disappointed. Yes I know some is unlockable but you can preview that stuff and there's not much I like at all. Also only short customizable hair options but no mid or long length?

I am not very pleased

Pumpkin
06-02-2017, 05:09 AM
So me and the bf played against each other and I lost 11 out of 12 matches :G

Also, I pre-ordered but I don't have Eliza? Anyone know what to do about this?

fat_moogle
06-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Fingers crossed they add more customisation for you in future updates. And what characters have you and Sharky been using? Also I just got my Eliza DLC code through via email from GAME, all I need now is, well, the game. Have you checked your inbox?

Pumpkin
06-02-2017, 11:46 AM
I never gave them my email, I preordered at Gamestop :/

I've been trying out a few characters and sharky likes King. I also made Chloe and Katarina look more to my tastes but I haven't tried Katarina yet

fat_moogle
06-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Hmm, maybe contact your GameStop and see what they say in regards to the DLC code? At least you've got the game :( *waits patiently* And I have to go out in a bit because my bloody car tyre has a puncture so I have to go and sort that. The post will probably come just as I go! Typical!

Pumpkin
06-02-2017, 12:24 PM
I'm sure you'll be having fun with the game soon!

Some moves have changed, or at least the button inputs, but the characters so far feel pretty similar to what I'm used to. The new rage move is nifty for newbs like me. I'm not a fan of how they made Lili's face look this game but Xiaoyu is pretty adorable

Rocket Edge
06-02-2017, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure about the Eliza code, I think it could be she'll be released in 2 months time to pre-orders and then after time to others. That's what some of my friends said so not 100% about that. If the customisation is anything like TTT2 I'll be happy. You could do anything with your characters. T7 is mean't be twice better apparently so I wouldn't be worried. Can't wait to see Pumpkins Lili look like Beyonce :love:

EDIT: I love the game so far. So sooooo fluid. I just need time to adjust before being totally immersed in the game. Day off work is gonna be well spent. Why am I even typing here I've got to get back. Peace out ;)

fat_moogle
06-02-2017, 01:58 PM
Almost 2pm and still no game. But wait as I type it's just arrived!

Rocket Edge
06-02-2017, 02:33 PM

How you finding the game pudgy?

Vyk
06-02-2017, 02:35 PM
So me and the bf played against each other and I lost 11 out of 12 matches :G

Also, I pre-ordered but I don't have Eliza? Anyone know what to do about this?
Gamestop DLC codes are usually somewhere on the receipt. They're also supposed to pay attention to that stuff and point them out to you during purchase. Guessing they were either busy or it was a rookie

AS someone in their mid 30s I still have no problem getting into a good fighting game. But it figures the one that takes off on this forum is from a franchise I was never really interested in. Tekken's control scheme irks me to no end. But maybe now they'll finally make another Soul Calibur and maybe it'll actually be good for once. But I won't hold my breath

Rocket Edge
06-02-2017, 02:44 PM

fat_moogle
06-02-2017, 04:41 PM

How you finding the game pudgy?
Liking it so far! I've played a small amount of the story mode and I've hit practise mode with Shaheen, thought I'd learn one character before trying the others. Haven't managed an online match yet because it kept losing connection to the opponent but I'm going to give it another go now.

Rocket Edge
06-02-2017, 04:47 PM
That happened to me too. You should try join an online session instead. Not sure what it's about, but I'm sure it'll be fixed if its an issue in the coming days.

fat_moogle
06-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Yeah I've just managed to get a player match in. I had my ass handed to me by Law. I lost the revenge match too haha.

Pumpkin
06-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Trust me, I've searched up and down that receipt. Oh well :(

Anyways I live using Katarina but I don't like her character ugh so conflicting

Vyk
06-02-2017, 08:26 PM
If yours was specifically a "Day One" casing, there may be a code under where the game disk goes. I just noticed they did that the other day on a game my girlfriend bought. The inside of the case was see-through, and the code was on the inside of the cover

Pumpkin
06-02-2017, 08:30 PM
It is there, thank you friend! Now I need to find out how to input the code because it won't let me access the DLC/Store :shakefist:

It expires in 2099 too, better hurry!

(Also does anyone have the King pin thing with their Day 1 edition that they'd be willing to trade for Heihachi)

Vyk
06-02-2017, 08:51 PM
If you go to the PSN store from the dashboard and scroll all the way down one of the last options is Reddem Code or something :] And you're welcome! Always happy to provide useful information~

Pumpkin
06-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Yeah the code was acting up when I tried but I just tried again and it worked :) thanky thanky!

fat_moogle
06-03-2017, 12:45 AM
So today I didn't achieve as much Tekkening as I would have liked. I played the Mishima Story up until Chapter 4, completed Arcade with Asuka, and had about three or four online fights. One with Pumpkin (I'll get you next time!) and a couple with someone in a player match. Then I created a session with someone on my friends list. It created a lobby but it wouldn't sync the game, so I got them to make one and invite me. Same thing. I even reset my router, closed the game down properly and reset the PS4 to restore internet connection, and opened it up again but then an error message came up saying that my save data had to be reformatted and I lost what progress I'd made which thankfully wasn't much. So yeah, when I next play I'll start the Mishima Story again and try out the treasure battle mode. Online will have to wait until it's fixed.

Vyk
06-03-2017, 01:55 AM
an error message came up saying that my save data had to be reformatted and I lost what progress I'd made
Ah this brings back nightmare memories of Soul Calibur 3's constant save file corruption.. Nice to see Namco learned from that one.. Hopefully that gets ironed out quick. I know how frustrating a bug like that can be

Depression Moon
06-03-2017, 06:57 AM
Does anyone want to play Tekken 6 with me?

fat_moogle
06-03-2017, 02:05 PM
an error message came up saying that my save data had to be reformatted and I lost what progress I'd made
Ah this brings back nightmare memories of Soul Calibur 3's constant save file corruption.. Nice to see Namco learned from that one.. Hopefully that gets ironed out quick. I know how frustrating a bug like that can be
Yeah, fingers crossed that they get a patch out quick. I can't be the only person that has experienced this for T7. I haven't had the chance to play the game again yet but I really don't want to start again just to have the same thing happen.

Does anyone want to play Tekken 6 with me?
I would if I had the game! Let me know your PSN (or GamerTag) and I'll add you to the list incase anyone else with Tekken 6 joins.

Rocket Edge
06-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Hard put out a tweet recently saying there will be a patch shortly for PS4 users concerning online play. It can't come quick enough! All I've been able to do lately is open a lobby and invite friends. :/

Started learning Katarina yesterday for a couple of hours and really like playing with her.

fat_moogle
06-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Is it only the PS4 version that's suffering the online issues?

I tried Katarina as well and yeah, I like her too! She's like the female version of Hwoarang but more n00b friendly xD

Anyway, it took me 20 million attempts but I finally managed to beat the final boss in story mode. Damn, it was frustrating as hell! I was recording it on PS4 so I'll have to upload the video.

Pumpkin
06-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Guys I really want to share my outfits but I don't want to spam up the thread with outfits

Does anyone want to see my cute outfits ;~;?

Rocket Edge
06-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Heck yes. That's what this thread is for! I'll post my XXL super cool Yoshi outfit when I get home. If I come across some decent gameplay of mine I'll share too. Maybe we can compare Katarina gameplays. x)

Have you guys attempted juggles/combos yet? How are you dealing with rage arts?

Pumpkin
06-06-2017, 07:20 PM
I'm getting decent enough but I'm not great at juggles. Rage arts are my jam tho. Great for people like me who are just not amazing at the game

fat_moogle
06-06-2017, 08:32 PM
I've only customised Shaheen so far with a purple aura that was free and a fan that cost me 50k xD oh and he's in a blue garb with a nice pair of sunglasses. Might go for the metallic hair that I won from a treasure battle heist.

I like the rage arts, it adds a strategic element to the game. When I first trier using them I was just pressing R1 straight away but then I found that you had to wait for an opening or else it would just get blocked. Haven't tried using the rage drive yet, though. Anybody mastered that?

Pumpkin
06-07-2017, 01:53 AM
So here is my Katarina. I didn't like her look very much so I changed up her hair colour, shirt, and glasses, which are what bothered me most. Kept the pants though

http://i.imgur.com/E6XvTCk.jpg?1

Eliza is nothing fancy, just gave her the swimsuit, but she has a fancy little crown too :3 Her second outfit is just me having fun with the Halloween theme

http://i.imgur.com/a1jGUby.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/IPgLSnn.jpg?1

With Nina I kind of mixed her new wedding look with the more no-nonsense look she sometimes sports

http://i.imgur.com/9odyGI9.jpg?1

I don't like Asuka's hair and I don't like most of the hair options available so I gave her her second hairso, which is a bit better, and changed up her top to match

http://i.imgur.com/gwwnvp7.jpg?1

A few of the characters have more outfits I want but I haven't unlocked their stuff yet, but I did get this super pretty outfit for Kazami

http://i.imgur.com/8fd3dWy.jpg?1

She has a pair of pants that also match but there's another top I want with that that I haven't unlocked yet :/

I love that Alisa has multicoloured hair, so I made a few outifts with that. The first is just a recolouring of her default outfit

http://i.imgur.com/lWbqi9N.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/eCq8Z4m.jpg?1

I hate Josie's default hair, so I made two outfits with two different hairstyles

http://i.imgur.com/GGvo9sI.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/F3OjfIl.jpg?1

Adding to the "I hate their hair list" is Lucky Chloe, but she has some cute outfits so I have a few good things for her

http://i.imgur.com/Vf0TU9s.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/3ElSqws.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/Ig5oubx.jpg?1

Xiaoyu has a few cute things I haven't unlocked yet but I got her a dress and another outfit so far

http://i.imgur.com/9Kb49Vh.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/bdPau5w.jpg?1

I really love how they made her look in this game, unlike Lily whose face they messed up, imo. She doesn't look like herself anymore.

BUT I do have some cute outfits for her too, one of which pudgy saw!

http://i.imgur.com/eB0ry2Z.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/HPOcbEm.jpg?1

I will update with new outfits as they become available :3

Rocket Edge
06-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Nice customs Pumpkin. Especially like the Nina, Xiaoyu, & Alisa.

I'll try upload some gameplay tonight. Here's my Yoshimitsu. Haven't tried others just yet!

Pumpkin
06-07-2017, 01:57 PM
That's a pretty sweet mask on him

fat_moogle
06-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Nice outfits! How are you posting them on here? From your phones?

Pumpkin
06-07-2017, 04:11 PM
I save them on the PS4 and then transfer them to a USB stick and upload it to imgur

fat_moogle
06-07-2017, 04:32 PM
That's dedication to the fashion cause! I don't have a USB stick. Anyways I'm just about to have a shower and then I'm free for some fights if you're free!

Pumpkin
06-07-2017, 04:33 PM
No I'm at work today and tomorrow ;~;

I will be free in like 6 hours though

And yes, fashion is important

fat_moogle
06-07-2017, 04:50 PM
I'll be off to bed about that time as it will be 11pm for me and I have to be up for work at 6. Bloody timezones!

Pumpkin
06-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Well I'll be available Friday and sharky will be available this weekend!

fat_moogle
06-09-2017, 12:34 AM
Ideal, we should be able to fit some games in!

Now that the game has been patched I've been doing some ranked fights. There is some tough competition! I won 4 out of god knows how many fights and got Shaheen to 3rd Kyu. I'm so glad that this game doesn't tell you how many times you've lost like it does in TTT2! W 4 L 3,556,001 xD the medal statistics are much better.

Also PRAISE BE to Vita remote play!

Rocket Edge
06-09-2017, 06:46 PM
I agree it's a more incentive to care less about your ratio. Not that I ever did, but still, it's a great touch.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-11-2017, 05:42 AM
So it was a pretty dominating day of performance on my side. :lol:

Pudgy Bird beat me 3 straight rounds using my character, King.

Next was a Lucky Chloe who kept using her infinite mid, lo, mid, lo, mid, high kick string. I could crush it pretty easily if she started it too soon, but if she started it close up my character couldn't do much besides keep blocking. There was apparently too much block recovery for King to do much. I could occasionally low parry out of it, but it wasn't consistent. I had the player pretty handily, so they would use that infinite loop to wear me down.

Then I played against a Steve that beat me around 15-1 in fights. His speed, and ability to damage me on the ground left me with no answer. It didn't help that I kept dropping really simple juggles even when I finally got a launch. No idea how I couldn't land those when I had no issues in previous fights.

Any advice on my problems with Steve and Chloe?

Pumpkin
06-11-2017, 06:04 AM
Also I did online stuff and won 2/4 rounds with Lili. I'm super awkward about online stuff though because I feel I don't know proper online etiquette :ohdear:

fat_moogle
06-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Really enjoyed those fights with you yesterday, guys!

Steve is so hard to play against. I've tried to use him before (but never practised) and all I can seem to do is dodge and weave. Maybe the only way to really learn how to defend against him is to learn his moves so you kinda know what attacks to block against and where you can find and opening to attack.

As for online etiquette, I don't think there really is any apart from 1) Don't ever disconnect during a match and 2) don't spam the same move over and over and over and over and KO!

sharkythesharkdogg
06-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Really enjoyed those fights with you yesterday, guys!

Steve is so hard to play against. I've tried to use him before (but never practised) and all I can seem to do is dodge and weave. Maybe the only way to really learn how to defend against him is to learn his moves so you kinda know what attacks to block against and where you can find and opening to attack.

As for online etiquette, I don't think there really is any apart from 1) Don't ever disconnect during a match and 2) don't spam the same move over and over and over and over and KO!

Thanks PB. You're definitely starting to get results from the practice. Good Games! :p

I went and watched some people playing at all levels, and it looks like Steve might just be a rough match for King. His speed is smothering. He'd sometimes beat me to the punch even when I tried my fastest interruption moves. When a simple 1,2 gets beat out consistently, I know I'm in trouble. I could catch him out with mix ups, but not very often. Lots of his power moves were strong enough I couldn't armor through them, and most of what I tried to catch him off guard just wasn't fast enough. He'd whiff, and have time to recover and block before my counter-hit. Rooooough. The Steve situation is just me needing to learn the match and git gud.

That last part is what I was struggling with. I'm not even saying they can't do it, or it's bad etiquette. I should be able to counter it, but they had me dead to rights. She can, of course, throw a crushing overhead into it as well to mix things up even more. My poor King was struggling. Any thoughts on how to get around Chloe's low-mi infinite kick thing?

fat_moogle
06-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Cheers!

And yeah, some characters are just at a disadvantage from the off. Maybe try more side / back stepping?

I'm free if you want another match up!

sharkythesharkdogg
06-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Sure, I'll play for a bit.

*Gets ready for PB to choose Chloe* :lol:

fat_moogle
06-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Oh, I didn't play as her :D I swear down you're a pro with King now! I haven't tried out the tournament's yet but I reckon you'd fair pretty well playing as him!

Pumpkin
06-11-2017, 04:09 PM
Meanwhile I'm just here getting outfits.

I'm doing okay with Lili. Sharkys King just destroys me when I use her though. Its about even with other characters but Lili? Nah

I've been switching between this and Injustice 2 (because outfits) and it gets pretty confusing ^^;

fat_moogle
06-11-2017, 04:18 PM
I think that when you buy something with fight money it should be unlocked for all characters, rather than having to buy them individually for every character. Not that I'm really fussed about the customisation anyway, but still.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-11-2017, 07:17 PM
Oh, I didn't play as her :D I swear down you're a pro with King now! I haven't tried out the tournament's yet but I reckon you'd fair pretty well playing as him!

Actually, I might have you do that on purpose sometime. I need to learn how to get around it, so maybe I can use you as a sparring partner.

I can teach you how to get out of King's stuff if you want. (FML! :p)

fat_moogle
06-11-2017, 10:22 PM

Actually, I might have you do that on purpose sometime. I need to learn how to get around it, so maybe I can use you as a sparring partner.

I can teach you how to get out of King's stuff if you want. (FML! :p)
Sounds good to me! Because I mostly play Tekken 7 on my Vita there's no way to cycle through the move list in practise mode, which is annoying. I've tried pressing the centre of the screen which is supposed to be the DS4 pad, but it doesn't recognise it as such which is frustrating. I suppose I could still bring up the moves list from the menu but it's much easier when the commands are displayed on screen. I was using Nina online earlier without learning her moves and I was doing pretty well until I came across someone else using her and they tore me to pieces. I MUST LEARN HER!

sharkythesharkdogg
06-13-2017, 11:57 PM
Nina is actually a really fun character. I used to use her a lot in Tekken 3,l before I moved over to Julia in Tekken 4 on up.

I enjoy her good amount of different moves that hit all over the place, she has effective counters, and she has a reasonably robust series of chain-throws for King players like me.

I'll try to play you some more this weekend, but I don't know how much longer I'll be competition for you. ^^;

fat_moogle
06-15-2017, 11:41 AM
I'm jumping in now to learn her. I keep getting demoted with Shanheen back down to 1st Dan, so I need to find someone else!

EDIT: OK, so I've got some moves down! However I can't get her more complex ones down, like where you have to get in to a grapple and then input more button combos once you're in it to complete it. That's tough >.< but I have learnt that using the left stick instead of the d-pad (which I usually use) can make things a lot smoother! Gonna hit online soon to test her.

Rocket Edge
06-15-2017, 12:46 PM
Have you tried Katarina yet? She's easy to take up. I got up to Vanguard rank but my connection kept cutting me out of ranked matches so I had to stop as they count as losses. Which was crap as I was leading in each. :cry:

fat_moogle
06-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I've tried her, and she's a good damage dealer - almost too good that I find her pretty boring to play as. Literally press XXXXX or OOOOO to win. Haven't took her to practise mode yet, though - maybe if I learn some of her other moves properly she'll more fun to use.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-15-2017, 02:14 PM
So you're playing on a game pad? Then you're like me. I never learned to pick up a fighting stick even though I used them a lot in arcades. Something about using a stick at home just never felt the same. Anyway.

Honestly, button inputs for chain-throws are a lot easier with an arcade stick. But we're using a pad. For King's chain throws I use 80% teaching my thumb how to hit all the buttons it needs to and 20% programming the shoulder buttons to handle those inputs that my thumb would really struggle to get all back to back. Like 1&2 to 1&4 to 4&3 to 2&3 to 1&2&3. Those are tricky to hit consistently with just my thumb, so I intersperse the shoulder button inputs.

Also, do you know what button buffering is? It's a very important skill for Tekken. I don't mean to sound smug or anything, but I'm always surprised at the people who don't know what it is. I'm an old gamer, so I come from a time when I had to figure this crap out on my own, with no internets. So I always ask stuff to make sure other gamers know too.

Obviously, the same thing is applicable to Nina/Bruce. I spent literally hours in practice mode for Tekken 3 learning which chain throws could be used to counter whiffed moves and just being consistent with them.

It's not enough to know the throws, they're hard to land. So it requires match-up knowledge to know when and where you can land them.

Which is why I struggle more against new characters, because I don't know anything about them. Although, I'm also just really not playing at the level I used to when I had time to really waste playing the game all day.

Rocket Edge
06-15-2017, 02:36 PM
Also, do you know what button buffering is? It's a very important skill for Tekken. I don't mean to sound smug or anything, but I'm always surprised at the people who don't know what it is. I'm an old gamer, so I come from a time when I had to figure this crap out on my own, with no internets. So I always ask stuff to make sure other gamers know too.
Uh... :erm: I've been playing Tekken since T3 and I never really knew about this. It explains so much! Like how shit I am at doing king's multi-grabs. I watched a tutorial online (https://youtu.be/SmOfh8-r2ys) and yeah, I'm looking forward to practicing all this stuff.

fat_moogle
06-15-2017, 03:01 PM
I forgot about the shoulder button mapping.

As for the button buffering...that looks confusing? I've never understood when people say about the 1 + 2 etc.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-15-2017, 03:56 PM
Okay, I'm glad I asked. The FGC needs more love, and less people acting like assholes to each other. Namco really needs a better tutorial system. I spent so many hours in Tekken 3 figuring some of this crap out, and now the games so far advanced beyond what I learned. ^^;

So here's buffering. I'll use the buttons as identified on the controller. I'm pretty sure this is right. So;

Square = 1
Triangle = 2
x = 3
O= 4

So if I'm trying to do a move where it asked me to go from X&O (3&4) to hitting O&Square (1&3), I'll hit x and 0 with my thumb. I'll then leave my thumb pad on the o and simply slide my thumb up to square. Make sense?

I didn't release all the buttons and repress them. I kept O pressed down and then hit square. The game registers that as two separate inputs for O.

The chain throws are still really hard to land, and a lot of them you still have to do the old fashioned way (separate inputs). But if you combine button buffering with shoulder button mapping, it makes it achievable.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-15-2017, 03:59 PM
Uh... :erm: I've been playing Tekken since T3 and I never really knew about this. It explains so much! Like how trout I am at doing king's multi-grabs. I watched a tutorial online (https://youtu.be/SmOfh8-r2ys) and yeah, I'm looking forward to practicing all this stuff.

Yeah, Aris tries to act like a butthole, but he actually seems to care about new people learning the tricks we all struggled with years ago.

I have respect for him.

Watch his video on how to tech throws in Tekken 7. It changed from earlier games. I suck at teching, but it helps to know the system.

fat_moogle
06-15-2017, 04:33 PM
Thanks for that! I'm gonna go and map some buttons and give Nina another go!

Edit: So I've mapped throws to L3 and R3, Triangle + X to L2 and Square + O to R2 but I'm still struggling with the more complex stuff. UGH.

EDIT 2: FUCK THIS SHIT RAGE QUIT

sharkythesharkdogg
06-16-2017, 10:55 PM
Thanks for that! I'm gonna go and map some buttons and give Nina another go!

Edit: So I've mapped throws to L3 and R3, Triangle + X to L2 and Square + O to R2 but I'm still struggling with the more complex stuff. UGH.

EDIT 2: smurf THIS trout RAGE QUIT

The chain throws are still really hard to land, and a lot of them you still have to do the old fashioned way (separate inputs). But if you combine button buffering with shoulder button mapping, it makes it achievable.

No way, man keep at it! You can do it. :grumppat:

Seriously though, even with buffering and mapping, when I said it took hours of practice to get somewhat consistent in fights, I mean 10's if not 100's of hours. So that kind of character might not be for you.

There's other people who can land them like child's play, but I've never been that good. :shrug:

I'm going online, if you're around. You can beat me up a little, and cheer yourself up.

fat_moogle
06-17-2017, 12:38 AM
I managed to land one chain throw with Nina, but I couldn't land the second part of the throw. I still enjoy playing as her but I don't think I have the patience for the complexity's. Like, seriously. I was getting unhealthily angry! This morning I hit up practise mode with Claudio and I was surprised at how small and simple his moveset was and I took him online and really enjoyed him.

Pumpkin
06-19-2017, 07:41 AM
There's a rumour going around that fighting in 2000 matches across all modes will unlock everything and my goodness do I hope its true because waiting for RNG to give me the items I want has been miserable.

I'm at 1154 matches now. Ill get to 2000 and whether its true or not, Ill move on to story mode at that point

fat_moogle
06-20-2017, 12:06 AM
Story mode is pretty short and has mind numbingly boring narration scenes which you might as well just skip through, but the fights themselves along with the couple different scenarios and CG scenes are good. You might as well just get it out the way with and head back to treasure battle. And OH, I customised another character especially for you, Pumpkin!

Rocket Edge
06-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Got up to Warrior rank today thanks to some pretty intense battles, including two with a fellow Yoshi player.
7Oztcpi5sLQ

fat_moogle
06-20-2017, 06:18 PM
I've only managed to make it to initiate with Claudio but I was soon demoted down again to 3rd and then 2nd Dan xD

sharkythesharkdogg
06-20-2017, 08:10 PM
I haven't actually tried any ranked battle stuff. I've just been doing casual battles online.

Considering how badly PB was beating up my Josie, I think that's probably for the best right now. Apparently I'm too old, and just don't have the reaction time to tech throws anymore. :lol:

fat_moogle
06-20-2017, 08:32 PM
You'd rock with King! Although I did come across a King player the other day who totally trashed me! He grappled me in to a ball and was literally rolling us both across the floor like a boulder and I was all like WUT?!

Pumpkin
06-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Ugh I hate that move. It's so silly

fat_moogle
06-20-2017, 09:34 PM
It really is. It goes on for far too long it's like OK I KNOW IT'S GOING TO KILL ME WHY PROLONG THE INEVITABLE

sharkythesharkdogg
06-20-2017, 09:43 PM
You'd rock with King! Although I did come across a King player the other day who totally trashed me! He grappled me in to a ball and was literally rolling us both across the floor like a boulder and I was all like WUT?!

Yeah, that's Rolling Death Cradle. People just call it the RDC. It's one of his signature moves. I think King's Bridge looks cooler, but the RDC damage is for real. I'll make sure to treat you to it some time. :lol:

I'm working on landing his Screwdriver combo. I can get up to Burning Hammer, but I drop Screwdriver. I almost landed it on you once, but even getting someone into that setup is hard for me right now.

I was listening to people discuss which characters are difficult to play and which ones are easy, and they were calling King easy to intermediate. So now I feel bad. ^^;

His move set feels like you really have to work for it. Especially with fast, rush-down characters. He is very damaging.

fat_moogle
06-21-2017, 10:27 AM
Well RDC can DO ONE! Like, seriously. Unless I can learn it in which case it will be the best move EVAH :D

Anyway, I wish I had recorded some game play of me playing as Ling vs Law yesterday. I'm usually terrible against Law but I pulled out some MOVES I'm telling ya. And I kept floor breaking and beating the hell out of him and I was like YASSSSS! Then he revenged me and won all three rounds so my excitement was short lived xD

Pumpkin
06-27-2017, 04:16 AM
So the 2000 fights thing is trueeeee! Mega hype about that!

But then I started story mode and the individual character stories and man am I angry

fat_moogle
06-27-2017, 08:50 AM
Wow, I wasn't expecting that to be true! Kind of makes treasure battle and fight money irrelevant for you now though, but I guess you can use it for gallery unlocks instead. And yeah, I said character episodes were pointless. With a capital P. What they SHOULD have done is fleshed out the story mode so that ALL characters had a part in the main story. What's the point of introducing new characters if all they are is an after thought?

Pumpkin
06-27-2017, 04:51 PM
It unlocks gallery stuff as well. I think the only thing it doesn't unlock is Eliza's stuff

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2017, 06:51 PM
Incoming ramble/rant:

What I don't like about story mode, among other parts, is that it basically turns almost every other character into a joke character. If they're not a Mishima or important to the Mishima story line, then they're just......there.

Heck, King's story ending is at least kind of nice and even it is still largely underwhelming.

People can hate on Tekken 4 all they want, but they really tried to give everyone a real story that mattered. Feels like it was the last Tekken to do that, and it did it about the best.

I really like Tekken 7 as a fighting game. King finally feels like a real threat that can hold his own for the first time since Tekken 3, and the bound system has been toned way done, along with some more damage scaling for combos. Plus the new characters feel good. (Haven't tried Katarina.)

However, everything else about the game is very thin, or not there at all. No extra modes like Tekken Force or Tekken Bowling (bring back Tekken Ball!). Add to that the pretty weak customization, and the lack of some main-line characters that people really like and it's a shame.

A moment of silence for:

Alex & Roger
Armor King
Mokujin
Bruce Irvin
Baek Doo San
Julia Chang
Craig Marduk
Anna Williams
Michelle Chang
Forrest Law
Zafina
Ganryu
Lei Wulong
Wang Jinrei
Kunimitsu
Christy Montiero

I realize they're not going to bring back every character for a numbered Tekken game, but a lot of those characters don't have replacement characters. Their movesets have developed a lot over the years and they're different from other characters in the game.

These are characters that I see as similar, but definitely not the same as people they're related to.

Anna Williams (Nina)
Kunimitsu (Yoshimitsu)
Baek Doo San (Hwoarang)
Bruce Irvin (Josie)
Christy Montiero (Eddy)
Craig Marduk (Gigas)
Mokujin (....everybody....but that's the point)
Forrest Law (Marshall Law)

Honestly, a lot of those characters feel very different from their counter parts. VERY different, because they've changed over the years.

And it still doesn't cover the characters who's playstyles are just gone now. The biggest one everyone points to is Lei Wulong. No. Other. Character. Is. Close. to how he plays.

I suppose I'm annoyed by it because we're told it was to simplify the game and get rid of redundant characters while we're left with the 3 Mishimas that all feel very similar just because it's the Mishimas. The Mishima story isn't that entertaining guys. I've been bored with the G Corp/Zaibatsu battle since Tekken 5 any way.

You made room for the characters in Tekken 6. I say you should have done it again. :shrug:

Pumpkin
06-27-2017, 07:17 PM
Like honestly when I heard about how they treated most characters with story mode I figured I MIGHT be okay with it if the main story is well done. But it isn't. It's crap

And then the others get one fight, a tiny ending, and a few paragraphs to open? It's insulting.

I got a decent number of outfits but I had to reuse the same clothes many times because the customization options are lacking. Not even any long hair

Imma be honest, I am severely disappointed in Tekken 7. I love this series and I'm glad they improved the combat, but for people like me who play it for more than that and for more than online play, it's just. It's not good. I'm, not happy and its sad I have to say that because Tekken 2 was literally my first game and I've been playing this series my whole life. I'm so disappointed

fat_moogle
06-27-2017, 07:32 PM
Blame the season pass trend. We already know there will be new characters, outfits and game modes with the season pass for Tekken 7. And what's the bet that it will be the characters and game modes that everyone wants.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2017, 07:44 PM
I think you're right about the extra modes. Pumpkin heard rumors of "Tekken Bowling for 10 bucks." which is ass if it's true. The bowling was fun because it was a nice, silly extra. Not because it was worth 10 extra dollars on top of a brand new game price.

I'm not sure about the characters. I know they have new characters coming, but I imagine they'll be mostly new characters mostly from other franchises. Harada has gone on record saying that there'll be no original old roster characters coming back that we don't already have.

Which is pretty crap. :shrug:

fat_moogle
06-30-2017, 10:50 AM
I agree, and it's a real shame that this is the way gaming is going. It'll be interesting to see what characters from other franchises become available but they should focus on bringing back other characters from the actual Tekken series. Maybe they're saving them for Tekken 8 - the Mishima story is over now, so maybe they'll start up a new story? Who knows.

Oh, and I need to show you my newfound Yoshi skills!

sharkythesharkdogg
06-30-2017, 01:42 PM
the Mishima story is over now, so maybe they'll start up a new story? Who knows.

Oh, and I need to show you my newfound Yoshi skills!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, PB. Hopefully you're right, but they've "killed" Heihachi and/or Kazuya before. Even if he stays dead they'll just focus on Kazuya vs. Jin now. It's funny if you think about it, right?

https://media.giphy.com/media/oOX5qIDkzDjeo/giphy.gif

I just got beat up by some Yoshis the other day, so I need to play against him some more. Sounds good to me.

fat_moogle
07-07-2017, 08:11 AM
Tekken Bowl confirmed as a free* update for Tekken 7!!!

* as if, of course it's paid DLC

sharkythesharkdogg
07-13-2017, 02:49 PM
I feel I've improved my http://img07.deviantart.net/d27f/i/2015/091/0/b/josie_rizal_by_syoa_kun-d8nydcu.png from Scrubby Loser to Scrubby Loser with Charm.

She still cries all the time, because of course that's a fun character trait, but I don't get destroyed all the time any more.

fat_moogle
07-13-2017, 04:28 PM
I almost went to pick Juicy in practise earlier so I could try my luck against you using her but ultimately I wanted to improve my Yoshibility! I didn't learn his 10 hit combo before but now...now I know :D Did Pumpkin tell you I got the Platinum trophy for this game? :)

sharkythesharkdogg
07-14-2017, 06:44 PM
I can do Rosie's and Kang's 10 strings, but not consistently. They're easily interruptible, so you have to be careful.

I need to get better with Kang in general. :shrug:

sharkythesharkdogg
07-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Mods: **New post because new content.**

So we have our first DLC character, and it sticks to what the rumors have been saying about only characters from other series, not returning old characters.

I do respect that it's a KOF fighter, and Geese is a classic choice. Lots of fireball characters in Tekken now though. Not sure I like that, as no fireballs made Tekken an unusual fighter, if not entirely unique. :shrug:

EDIT: Looks like Geese comes with a new stage too, so that's cool I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA

Pumpkin
07-17-2017, 08:40 PM
Everything they've been doing is just a slap in the face to me.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-17-2017, 09:09 PM
Geese Howard the character is older than Tekken the series, and he's from an SNK series with a lot of history and respect. So I can't knock their choice of a guest character. I'll definitely try him out if he get's cheap to afford.

However, if you're wanting classic Tekken characters, you're SOL for at least one more character announcement. I'm thinking it will be a DOA or Virtua Fighter character, but who knows. I still don't think we're getting any more Tekken characters ever.

fat_moogle
07-17-2017, 10:31 PM
This is good for fans of this character I suppose but for me, eh, can't say I'm interested. I don't have any previous connections to him and 2D fighters look odd in Tekken. His combos look like a nightmare to go up against though so it will be fun smashing his face in.

Rocket Edge
07-23-2017, 06:25 PM
:lol: I've never heard of him before. Apart from Tekken I'm a complete noob when it comes to knowing anything about fighting games.

How many players here use stick?

sharkythesharkdogg
07-24-2017, 05:23 PM
I've tried way it in the past (Like PS1 era), but I'm so used to D-pad that I felt like it set me too far back.

I thought the transition be easy from time in the arcades as a kid, but the home sticks just didn't feel the same. I've heard the sticks now are much better, but it's been many, many years since I've been to any sort of arcade. I think any ability I had with a stick would be gone.

I imagine stick would be better if I put the work in, it's just tough to accept letting go of all that time learning movements on the D-pad.

Plus good sticks are $100 dollars or more. ^^;

fat_moogle
07-24-2017, 06:35 PM
I've never used an arcade stick, controller all the way. I'm with sharky; too expensive and I'd probably regret buying it.

Anyway I've been practising my Jin if anyone wants a game! Haven't fought you for ages Rocket but I see you online busy with FFXII!

sharkythesharkdogg
07-24-2017, 09:36 PM
Hearing pretty much everyone else in the thread so far say, "WTF is Geese Howard?" makes me think the next character is going to be someone more mainstream and/or modern.

Geese is really cool, but SNK games weren't super popular in the 90's in the west, and now there's a generation of players who don't really know the Fatal Fury series or other SNK properties from then that well.

So obviously they aren't going to be too interested in Geese, just from hearing the name.

So who do we think the other new player will be? A lot of people seem to think/want it to be Kiryu (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuma_Kiryu). That might be interesting. I wouldn't be as interested since I haven't gotten into the Yakuza series, but he is a brawler and at least he wouldn't be another fireball character.

I think to keep it balanced, they might try a modern female character though.

fat_moogle
07-24-2017, 11:32 PM
Well the Geese reveal trailer on the official Namco Youtube has 13,000 likes so there are clearly people out there who are excited for him.

I never even heard of Fatal Fury before this but I suppose it makes sense to add in a character from another fighter to draw in a crowd who might not be interested in Tekken otherwise.

But yeah, I think they will add a female for the Spring 2018 DLC. I know a lot of people were asking for 2B from NieR Automata, but I don't see that happening because of the source games PS4 exclusitivity. She'd make a good character though and would stop Yoshi from being the only blade wielder. It'll probably be a female from another fighting game that I have no idea about.

Pumpkin
07-25-2017, 09:20 PM
There are rumors it might be a DOA character, so I would guess *IF* that were the case it would be Kasumi or Honoka, since they put Honoka in a crap ton of stuff. She's in Senran Kagura now and she's going to be in a Dynasty Warriors style game as well.

It says something about how disappointed I am with Tekken 7 that I don't want to see Honoka (whom I adore) in Tekken 7 because I think they will ruin her

But again this is all just speculation :monster:

sharkythesharkdogg
07-25-2017, 09:29 PM
Honoka is pretty popular. She might show up.

Kasumi would be a legacy character for sure, if they're trying to get classic characters from other series. There's already Yoshi and Raven, but she's a different kind of ninja. If anything her acrobatic style might be too much like lots of the other acrobatic characters already in Tekken.

Kokoro or Hitomi would be interesting, as there aren't characters exactly like them in Tekken. The closest character I can think of with Hitomi's hard-style karate is Paul Phoenix. As for Kokoro, it's pretty different, but Leo might be the closest thing.

If it is DOA, and it is a guy, I wonder what the reaction would be to Brad Wong? He's the closest thing DOA has to Lei Wulong. I think it'd piss people off, personally, but who knows.

Rocket Edge
07-27-2017, 09:25 AM
I've tried way it in the past (Like PS1 era), but I'm so used to D-pad that I felt like it set me too far back.

I thought the transition be easy from time in the arcades as a kid, but the home sticks just didn't feel the same. I've heard the sticks now are much better, but it's been many, many years since I've been to any sort of arcade. I think any ability I had with a stick would be gone.

I imagine stick would be better if I put the work in, it's just tough to accept letting go of all that time learning movements on the D-pad.

I'm surprised. I guessed you would have played on stick if you used King. I try do some of King's chain grabs, but they don't work properly the vast majority of the time. Even his giant swing grab can't come out successfully 50% of the time. That's where I think stick really excels along with movement inputs. Maybe it's the way I'm holding the pad (I play with my two thumbs), I dunno!

Anyway I've been practising my Jin if anyone wants a game! Haven't fought you for ages Rocket but I see you online busy with FFXII!
:aimkiss:

We can play later. I think we're the same time-zone so any time after 5pm is good with me! I assume I have you added on PS4? If not my PSN is novi_glitzko. Let's test that Jin!

I think to keep it balanced, they might try a modern female character though.
I think this is almost a guarantee. Wouldn't it be great if we had someone like Chun-li? I know we already have Akuma but having such a well known character would be cool to play with in a different fighter style personally as I didn't know of Akuma before T7.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-28-2017, 03:42 AM

I'm surprised. I guessed you would have played on stick if you used King. I try do some of King's chain grabs, but they don't work properly the vast majority of the time. Even his giant swing grab can't come out successfully 50% of the time. That's where I think stick really excels along with movement inputs. Maybe it's the way I'm holding the pad (I play with my two thumbs), I dunno!

I get by okay. I can get giant swing 90% of the time, and his chain throws are fine. I think it comes from all those 2D fighters that required half-circle/quarter-circle/360 motions on D-Pad as a kid.

That is why I think stick might be better in the long run, but I also think I have too many years on a D-Pad to drop $200 on a realiable, quality stick that will probably make me worse for at least 6 months before it makes me better.

What stick do you have?

Rocket Edge
07-28-2017, 08:47 AM
I use pad too :/ My concerns of buying a stick are the same as yours. I would like to try it at some point though!

:aimkiss:

We can play later. I think we're the same time-zone so any time after 5pm is good with me! I assume I have you added on PS4? If not my PSN is novi_glitzko. Let's test that Jin!
You know it's been a long day in work when someone says they seen you play FFXII online and you continue to ask for their PSN. :facepalm:

fat_moogle
07-28-2017, 11:46 AM
Haha it's fine, my brain often stops working too :P

I've been playing too much Tekken lately, the joint in my thumb is getting sore. This game is going to give me arthritis :/

I gave Tekken Tag 2 a go yesterday for the first time in ages. I miss Jun! But I forgot how much I hate people who are amazingly good at the Tag Assaults. It's like OK GIVE ME A FRICKIN CHANCE. Had some good fights though!

We can have that game tonight if you like, Rocket.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-28-2017, 03:16 PM
I remember nothing about TT2. :lol:

So much of the big damage stuff was specific to that game, and I did not put in the effort to learn any of it. I'd be hot garbage at that game by this point.

sharkythesharkdogg
11-15-2017, 04:35 PM
Okay, we have our second DLC character and the only thing I was correct about was that it is not a legacy character from the older Tekken games. It's a character from a new game.

I was expecting it to be a female character like 2B from Nier, or Aloy from Horizon, but they went in a decidedly different direction. I imagine there's several FF fans out there that are excited? What to you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU

For me personally, I don't know if I could care much less. I'm not angry or anything, just very neutral to it all. Maybe he'll be fun to use.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-15-2017, 08:44 PM
I haven't played Tekken in a good while. I started out with Tekken 2 back in the day and have put so many hours into it over the years. Haven't been heavy into fighting games since Tekken 5. I still like them, they've just mostly been out of sight out of mind due to my focus on RPGs.

In a hypothetical scenario where EoFFers meet up and play classic Tekken games y'all can get these hands.

fat_moogle
11-21-2017, 12:11 AM
Noctis looks like he'll be a fun character to learn. Lame how they used Hammerhead as his stage though...should have been Insomnia.

Rocket Edge
11-21-2017, 09:05 AM
The gameplay I'e seen from Noctis looks like he'll be a lot of fun to learn!

sharkythesharkdogg
01-10-2018, 01:41 PM
I've started playing this again. Come play with my pudgy moogle. :( I'm hoping you're at my skill level because I'm getting destroyed.

fat_moogle
01-11-2018, 12:40 AM
I've started playing this again. Come play with my pudgy moogle. :( I'm hoping you're at my skill level because I'm getting destroyed.

I seen you playing the other day when I jumped on to play Wipeout! You disappeared shortly after though. I haven't played for quite some time. I did start learning Steve Fox and I got pretty good with him. Probably forgot everything again now though. I'll have to install the game from disc again sometime as I deleted the data to make room for stuff.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-11-2018, 02:56 PM
I thought about unleashing the Goose, but I'm all focused on relearning King right now.

Rocket Edge
01-15-2018, 07:35 PM
I gave a go at learning King's chain grabs. Can do 3 of them in practice mode but against actual players I either can't find an opportunity to use them or else they keep breaking it. :/ I won't stop unless I pull of 1 though! And yeah if anyone wants games just let me know as always. (psn - novi_glitzko)

sharkythesharkdogg
01-16-2018, 04:15 PM
It's probably because you're in much higher ranks. I can consistently land all of his chains.

That's because I'm still a scrubby scruberson of a player. Whenever I wind up playing a really good player with good reactions, defense, movement, etc. they all easily break my chain grabs. I really struggle with reacting fast enough to break throws myself. By the time my brains says "okay, that was a standard or special throw, hit LP or LP+RP" it's too late. I can usually hit the right button response, but hardly ever fast enough. Samething with dealing with rush down. Even if I know the character well enough to know how to respond to certain moves, my 30-something year old brain doesn't react fast enough for me to interrupt it or punish as consistently as I'd like. If I don't know the other character? Pffft. RIP King.

However, against people at my low skill level there's nothing more fun than landing the complete Burning Hammer, King's Bridge, or RDC chains. :lol:

Rocket Edge
01-22-2018, 09:07 PM
I can consistently land his f,n,d,df,2+4 now which is good progress! Still haven't even attempted RDC. Those inputs are scary.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-22-2018, 10:19 PM
It's actually not as bad as Burning Hammer input-wise, but the damage is slightly less.

The fights where I actually land the complete Burning Hammer chain people seem to not want a rematch. Which is crap, because I eat their ridiculous "counter hit my jab to a wall carry combo that eats 2/3s of my life bar" juggles and keep coming back. :(

I've never understood the hate for King's chain throws. They're breakable. Doesn't matter if I get my inputs right, you can still get out of it. There's so many crazy damage juggles that people have that you can't do anything about. Once you're in the air all you can do is wait for them to drop an input. Seems more than fair to me. :shrug:

fat_moogle
01-22-2018, 11:41 PM
Kings chain throws are boring to sit through. When they connect you're basically watching a cutscene. It's frustrating.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-23-2018, 01:06 PM
I feel the same way about some of those long juggles. I.E. Master Raven, Lee, Akuma, Nina, etc. :lol:

Rocket Edge
01-23-2018, 02:12 PM
I respect opposing King's who can do chain grabs against me. Shows good execution. People who can fork out giant swing or tombstone whenever they feel like it also.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-25-2018, 12:51 PM
Speaking of which I just remembered a "secret" chain throw transition of sorts to make breaking it harder. It's not in the move list, but it still works, so that's a nice little bonus.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Just got to use that "secret" transition I mentioned on a Leo a few nights ago.

They were pretty good at breaking that one chain at a point between two regular chain-enders. So I'd either have to cut the chain way short with the early ender, or go for the longer chain where they'd consistently break it early. Then I remembered the unknown transition and it was all "tickets please!" and they started taking full rides on the pain train. :p

That Leo was still really good and beat the living trout out of me most rounds, but I learned a few things and that's good enough.

EDIT: Also, pudgy moogle is working on his Steve Fox, and it's getting solid. So look out Rocket!

sharkythesharkdogg
02-08-2018, 04:47 PM
Just got to use that "secret" transition I mentioned on a Leo a few nights ago.

They were pretty good at breaking that one chain at a point between two regular chain-enders. So I'd either have to cut the chain way short with the early ender, or go for the longer chain where they'd consistently break it early. Then I remembered the unknown transition and it was all "tickets please!" and they started taking full rides on the pain train. :p

That Leo was still really good and beat the living trout out of me most rounds, but I learned a few things and that's good enough.

EDIT: Also, pudgy moogle is working on his Steve Fox, and it's getting solid. So look out Rocket!

EDIT EDIT: Speaking of this conversation.

I've never used an arcade stick, controller all the way. I'm with sharky; too expensive and I'd probably regret buying it.

I use pad too :/ My concerns of buying a stick are the same as yours. I would like to try it at some point though!

Have you guys seen hitbox controllers yet? It almost looks like cheating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV1UBe7sHiU&list=PLA4B222224DEFCD80&index=2&feature=plpp_video

https://media.giphy.com/media/biC8cEF7ZOZXy/giphy.gif

Rocket Edge
02-13-2018, 07:39 PM
Looks awesome tbf but like you I'm so used to pad the transition would take forever. I've played against players who have the defensive backdash down to a tee and it's very hard to find any openings.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-29-2018, 05:47 PM
So it looks like the craze might already be dying down, but it was fighting 90% Noctis fights online for a while there.

He looks really punishable once you figure out how his moves work, but even after all those fights I still need to figure him out better.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-16-2018, 04:18 PM
Anyone else happy to see season two coming? I mean Negan is the most rando guest character, and 4-5 past any relevancy, but otherwise I'm happy. It looks like they gave two characters I use some buffs, so I'm curious to see how good the buffs are.

I hope Anna and Lei will be free since they are legacy characters. Let's see if Bamco decides to be classy about this.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-22-2018, 06:08 PM
Well, they're gonna be 5 bucks each. I know they cast has 40 something characters before DLC charcters like Eliza, Geese, and Noctis. However if you count Kuma and Panda as the same character outside of their rage arts, then it's really 39 characters.

Still a large roster, but it feels wrong to charge for legacy characters to me. :shrug:

Rocket Edge
08-30-2018, 04:24 PM
Agreed. I just wish we get to see Armor King. I wouldn't even mind paying for season 3 if he was in it. The guy from The Walking Dead is bonkers.

And sharky, you'd be proud of me. Can now pull off 4 of Kings chain-grabs while in a real match. When I started out my execution was terrible at them but can get them done about 75% of the time now. King is so much fun to play trying to nail down his grabs and iSW (running grab).

sharkythesharkdogg
09-15-2018, 04:00 PM
That is pretty sweet! Nice job. I'm not the best with King, but he's definitely a lot of fun and with the latest round of updates for season 2 he mostly only go better. I used his sidestep 2 a lot already, so making it a combo starter on hit is pretty insane.

They pretty much killed Gigas at this point, IMO. They nerfed the damage on his DF 1 poke, and made it super slow on recovery. That's his main mid-poke to keep people out of his face, and he NEEDS to keep people out of his face. He really suffers against rushdown characters. There's other issues too, like nerfing the recovery on his formerly really good 10 frame punisher to the point where it's now punishable with a full combo.

It is what it is, but they basically nerfed all his good moves and gave small buffs to moves that weren't really effective anyway. It's hard to see why considering he was already tough to use, and far from the best character. Feels like they were trying to keep his improvements fair, but when it's already a bad character just strengthen somethings. You don't need to re-balance other moves.

Oh well, still having fun.

fat_moogle
09-16-2018, 12:59 AM
I've been playing the game this week after not playing it for quite some time. Noctis is not a fun character to fight against! He's far too flashy and warpy.

I've been practising with Shaheen and I'm pretty good with him although I can't get him past 3rd Dan on ranked... My highest is only Initiate anyway (Yoshi). I do really like him but I think I'm going to start learning someone else soon. The only characters that I've actually took in to practise mode are Yoshi, Steve and Shaheen. I tried using Steve again the other day and it didn't go well. I think my training went to waste!

There are still four new characters to come from the season pass, right? I don't care about TWD guy as I've never watched a single episode and have no idea who he is. It'll be interesting to see who the three unannounced characters are. Not buying any DLC for it though.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-18-2018, 10:38 PM
Steve is a one of those execution heavy, expert characters. Basically he relies on counter hits and extensive knowledge of his different stances to be effective. He can be very effective once you're really good with the game, but yes he takes 100's of hours of work.

So does Yoshi, and he's not nearly as good. He's off on his own in terms of how good he is. It's a lot like Lei Wulong. He's not a strong character in a classic sense, but with someone who has dedicated the time to get very good at using his entire move list and knows when to use what move out of what stance, he becomes very hard to predict.

TL;DR New comers to the game like yourself will see a lot more return for their practice in the short term with Shaheen. I hope your practice with him starts paying off. :)