PDA

View Full Version : E3 2017 | Official Discussion Thread

Scruffington
06-07-2017, 08:10 PM
E3 2017 is almost here!

What games are you most excited to see at the event? What surprise announcements do you think will be shown?

Aulayna
06-07-2017, 08:28 PM
- New Assassin's Creed
- The Last of Us 2?
- EA Sports Sports-Harder-Never-Before-Seen-Physics-2018-Celebrity-Endorsed-Games
- More on Death Stranding
- Something about FFVII: Remake
- Hopefully something exciting and not Cup Noodles for the 30th Anniversary
- Something about KH3
- More Destiny 2 hype

Honestly my finger is so far off the pulse this year where I won't be live-blogging (feels weird to say that) and haven't really had time to keep up with the NeoGAF and Siliconera rumour mill. Normally I'd have a good feeling of what to expect but this year I'm going in nearly fully blind.

FFNut
06-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Latest from Activision. They are due to release Call of Duty. Give us your money for online play with one new gun.

Lyndis Highwind
06-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Hopefully more about the new Fire Emblem for the Switch, and also Fire Emblem Warriors. I'm hoping that the FF7 remake will show up too.

Wolf Kanno
06-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Honestly nothing, most of the game's I've been looking forward to released this year or last. I'm hoping to be surprised for the most part.

Fynn
06-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Honestly nothing, most of the game's I've been looking forward to released this year or last. I'm hoping to be surprised for the most part.

Exactly this

Formalhaut
06-07-2017, 08:48 PM
Weirdly, I agree with Kanno. Most of the games I'm interested in will be released soon.

FFNut
06-07-2017, 09:00 PM
E3 is a fail unless Psy is up there dropping his trailer to the masses.

Scruffington
06-07-2017, 09:09 PM
- New Assassin's Creed
- The Last of Us 2?
- EA Sports Sports-Harder-Never-Before-Seen-Physics-2018-Celebrity-Endorsed-Games
- More on Death Stranding
- Something about FFVII: Remake
- Hopefully something exciting and not Cup Noodles for the 30th Anniversary
- Something about KH3
- More Destiny 2 hype

Honestly my finger is so far off the pulse this year where I won't be live-blogging (feels weird to say that) and haven't really had time to keep up with the NeoGAF and Siliconera rumour mill. Normally I'd have a good feeling of what to expect but this year I'm going in nearly fully blind.

- Death Stranding will not be at E3 2017. This was just confirmed recently by Kojima.
- KH3 news actually seems pretty likely, as I imagine it is farther along in development than FF7R.
- Don't count on seeing anything about FF7R.

Hopefully more about the new Fire Emblem for the Switch, and also Fire Emblem Warriors. I'm hoping that the FF7 remake will show up too.

Nintendo is focusing on 2017, I don't expect them to show anything about the new FE for Switch.

Freya
06-07-2017, 09:21 PM
This E3 has snuck up on me. I didn't realize it was that time of the year yet.

Scruffington
06-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Latest from Activision. They are due to release Call of Duty. Give us your money for online play with one new gun.

Don't really understand what you're complaining about with Call of Duty here...

E3 is a fail unless Psy is up there dropping his trailer to the masses.

Why exactly is E3 a fail?

Vyk
06-07-2017, 11:20 PM
I'm with Wolf as well. I may be interested to get more info on Agents of Mayhem, but out of the big studios nothing I'm really looking forward to. The new stuff from BioWare and Bethesda may pique my interest, but they are both losing a lot of integrity and trust due to EA and Zenimax interference. Plus I hear BioWare is trying the online thing again. I want interested in their last asymmetrical multiplayer game before it was canceled. I won't be interested in this one

Maybe the sequel to Dragons Dogma will make an appearance. The developer has been awful active on social media lately

Darth Ganon
06-08-2017, 06:42 AM
Now that Breath of the Wild is over with I'm not excited for a whole lot aside from Kingdom Hearts III. Sonic Mania has a release date now and it's certainly too early to announce a new Zelda unless they've been working up another handheld game. Same goes for Final Fantasy XVI I imagine.

Skyblade
06-08-2017, 04:24 PM
I'm very interested to see what Nintendo is going to do. Since the Switch announcement, I feel their messaging and advertising has been pretty spot-on. What's more, there are some educated guesses that I (and others) have made which I'm curious if they will bear out.

- Super Smash Bros.
This one is a no-brainer. It's too soon since the wrap up of the last game. With the traditional gap in between games being as long as it is, coupled with the relatively low install base that the game had on Wii U, I think that Nintendo will very easily make the decision to remaster the current version. Further, I expect it will have stages from both the 3DS and Wii U versions, as well as at least one additional character (Ice Climbers) if not more.

- Zelda Maker
Well, this is an odd one, isn't it? But, then you hear about this:
wrFqFQobdN8
Huh. A detailed dev tool allowing you to create levels and mess around with mechanics. That is exactly how Super Mario Maker got started, so I would not at all be surprised to see this thing recycled into the next game in the Maker series. I mean, it seems awfully detailed for just a tool to test mechanics. 2D sprites with shadows, even. Maybe they're just nerds paying attention to details, but I would guess otherwise.

- Fire Emblem Warriors
There was a recent article of Famitsu that shared some details, but I'm expecting we'll get a lot more at E3. I am a big fan of Fire Emblem, and I loved Hyrule Warriors, so I'm excited to see what we'll get here.

- Metroid?
This one is a bit less sure of. But Reggie did state that they wanted to bring all their major IP to Switch. Retro Studios has been working on an unknown game for a while. And the lead developer for the series did say that if another game were made, it would wind up on NX (this was when it was still called NX). So, possibility?

- Pikmin 4
Hey Pikmin! is not Pikmin 4, as it's being developed by Arzest, rather than Nintendo directly. So, the Nintendo developed Pikmin 4 is theoretically still in production. I had a blast with Pikmin 3, so I'm very curious to take on the next game in the franchise, and collect all the macguffins. E3 would be a good place to fully reveal it.

- More information on the Switch
While we did get a recent revelation of the online cost and a lot of what it will cover, there's still a lot about this system's planned features we don't know about. The biggest things that come to mind are the Virtual Console, and the My Nintendo program that was to replace Club Nintendo, but is still yet to be implemented outside of some smartphone games. If Nintendo isn't solely focused on games this year, I'm betting we'll see some of this revealed.

fat_moogle
06-08-2017, 04:33 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing more God of War, Detroit: Become (Becoming?) Human and The Last of Us Part II. I doubt we'll see the FFVII Remake again until TGS at the earliest.

Wouldn't mind a new Burnout or SSX either, but with a return to the classic formula which actually made them fun!

Scruffington
06-08-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm with Skyblade. Looking forward to Nintendo's showing the most right now. Really hopeful that Pikmin 4 and the next Smash Bros. are closer to release than I expect them to be.

fat_moogle
06-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Nintendo is a strange one for me. I mean over the years I've had a Gameboy Colour, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii and a Wii U but I've only ever had like, one game on each platform:

- Pokémon Blue and Yellow on Gameboy Colour
- Pokémon Stadium on N64
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on Gamecube
- Zelda Twilight Princess on Wii
- Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.

I feel like if I get a Switch then it'll end up being history repeating itself. The New Nintendo 2DS is honestly more appealing to me, but I doubt I'll end up getting one.

Vyk
06-08-2017, 11:33 PM
Nintendo is a strange one for me. I mean over the years I've had a Gameboy Colour, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii and a Wii U but I've only ever had like, one game on each platform:

- Pokémon Stadium on N64
- Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.

I feel like if I get a Switch then it'll end up being history repeating itself. The New Nintendo 2DS is honestly more appealing to me, but I doubt I'll end up getting one.
This is why I'm waiting for a price drop on a used WiiU so I won't break the bank on games I'm curious about and will probably never really play. Nintendo piques my interest sometimes, and I dabble from time to time, I'm usually disappointed

Scruffington
06-08-2017, 11:54 PM

- Pokémon Stadium on N64
- Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.

Seriously? You missed out on some great games, my dude.

Wii alone had Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, etc.

Then the Wii U had TP and WW HD, Super Mario 3D World, Smash 4, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, and Bayonetta 2.

The Switch is already off to a great start with BotW and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, with Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey due out later this year.

Nintendo is probably the best first party developer in the entire industry right now.

Sephex
06-09-2017, 12:23 AM
This E3 has snuck up on me. I didn't realize it was that time of the year yet.

Ah ha, you finally reached that stage of your life. Just wait until it happens to you every year now!

Darth Ganon
06-09-2017, 07:36 AM
Then the Wii U had TP and WW HD, Super Mario 3D World, Smash 4, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, and Bayonetta 2.

Adding on to that list: LEGO City Undercover, Captain Toad, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors (although admittedly the 3DS got a better version), and Mario Kart 8 until the Switch port.

There are also a handful of game I still want to get before the system is retired. The Wii U has been really fun for me and it was sad seeing it underappreciated.

Although Star Fox Zero was a slap in the face.

Example
06-09-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm just here for the FF7 remake, and I have a very strong feeling I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

Aulayna
06-10-2017, 08:41 PM
This EA Play conference has been an absolute cringe-fest even by E3 standards.

Pumpkin
06-10-2017, 09:17 PM
I'm too busy playing vidya to watch announcements about vidya but I'm excited to check out the news once it's all out!

Depression Moon
06-10-2017, 09:28 PM
New Star Wars looks good, but otherwise a weak conference like usual from EA. Wish we could've gotten another NBA Jam or SSX Tricky 2.

Scruffington
06-10-2017, 10:12 PM
I was hoping to see some NHL 18.

Star Wars Battlefront II looks great though. I'm considering picking it up.

Nice
06-10-2017, 10:17 PM
I think I'm already bummed about the conference. The one thing I wanted was a main Pokemon game for the Switch and that went out the window with this week's direct.

Perhaps Last of Us 2, but that's about it.

Scruffington
06-10-2017, 10:24 PM
I think people really have the wrong expectations for this event.

For Sony's conference, there's no way The Last of Us Part II comes out this year. It's a 2018 title. There's also no way that FF7R is at this event, and if it is, there wouldn't be anything substantial shown because the game is literally still hiring staff for full development. The most we might get is a Kingdom Hearts III release date in 2018, and that's me being optimistic. Most likely they will be showing God of War with a Holiday 2017 release date, a few new IPs, and some other surprise titles. Sony's 2017 was mostly frontloaded this year with Horizon and Persona 5.

For Nintendo's conference...Pokemon Sun and Moon were literally released last year, there is no way that they would have new titles ready for the Switch this year. They have to build new games from the ground up, for a brand new console, in HD, which would be a series first. Give them time. Nintendo is going to be showing Odyssey, Splatoon 2, FE Warriors, and maybe a surprise or two like Smash Switch. You're not going to get a lot of titles because they need to have games ready for 2018 to avoid another drought.

This year has already been great for gaming. I'm just looking forward to seeing more about games I'm interested in, and would be happily surprised by anything new.

Formalhaut
06-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Fire Emblem Warriors makes more sense than Hyrule Warriors, if I'm honest. Sounds good too!

This is definitely more of a low-key E3 for me. All the games I was eager for are either out or aren't featured strongly in this E3, or are out in like, a month's time.

Having said that though, I don't think this E3 will be bad, I mean we can't have "the best E3 ever" every year, can we? This E3 will be more low-key than last year's, but I have hopes for next year's E3 personally.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2017, 10:51 PM
On further thought on what to look forward to. I am curious about Atlus' new Fantasy RPG, especially after how rocking Persona 5 was. I am also hoping to hear some info from Mistwalker's side of things, I know they have a new IP in the works as well as the console version of Terra Battle in development, so it would be kind of cool to hear from them.

Dissidia Arcade coming to PS4 was about the only thing in the background at Squenix I cared to learn about. I don't really care about KHIII or FFVIIR and I'm sure SE still has a few years left of milking DLC for FFXV to finally make it into a complete game that any chance of a FFXVI announcement is not going to happen, especially with KHIII and VIIR still needing to be released. So I'm not expecting anythign interesting from SE, but they also have a bigger chance to surprise me. Sadly, Konami and Capcom are both non-entity's for me, but I am curious to hear what From Software is working on now that they've ended the Dark Souls franchise.

Aulayna
06-10-2017, 11:06 PM
There's also going to be no Aisha Tyler presenting Ubisoft's conference this year. Worst E3 ever: confirmed.

SE do, based off of their SE Presents schedule, have an unannounced title they'll be revealing. It could either be something new, or will just be another mobile game of some sort.

Formalhaut
06-10-2017, 11:13 PM
I forgot Atlus are doing a new fantasy RPG!

Okay my interest is rising again for this E3.

Scruffington
06-10-2017, 11:16 PM
There's also going to be no Aisha Tyler presenting Ubisoft's conference this year. Worst E3 ever: confirmed.

SE do, based off of their SE Presents schedule, have an unannounced title they'll be revealing. It could either be something new, or will just be another mobile game of some sort.

Thank god for that. Aisha Tyler has been a pretty cringeworthy host for Ubisoft. Excited to see someone new.

Nice
06-11-2017, 01:39 AM

For Sony's conference, there's no way The Last of Us Part II comes out this year. It's a 2018 title.

Mmmm. I don't expect LOU 2 to come out this year. I'm just excited to see more info about the game.

As for Pokemon, Game Freak could have easily put Ultra Sun and Moon or the rumored Stars on Switch. While yes Nintendo needs time to build up its catalog, it was disappointing that no main Poke title was put on the Switch, regardless of how you feel about it bub. :monster:

Scruffington
06-11-2017, 01:54 AM

For Sony's conference, there's no way The Last of Us Part II comes out this year. It's a 2018 title.

Mmmm. I don't expect LOU 2 to come out this year. I'm just excited to see more info about the game.

As for Pokemon, Game Freak could have easily put Ultra Sun and Moon or the rumored Stars on Switch. While yes Nintendo needs time to build up its catalog, it was disappointing that no main Poke title was put on the Switch, regardless of how you feel about it bub. :monster:

Yeah, I definitely think TLoU Part II will be Sony's big 2018 title. 2017 is the year for Horizon, Crash and God of War.

As for Nintendo...there's no way they could have been released on the Switch. Those games are made for the 3DS, not the Switch. If they could have put those games out this year they definitely would have.

I'm not really disappointed about it because I didn't expect new Pokemon games to come out for the Switch until late 2018 at the earliest. I think other expectations are a little bit unrealistic. :p

Relax, dude. They'll come out in due time. And when they come out I'm sure they'll be fantastic.

Crop
06-11-2017, 02:10 AM
Half Life 3.

Depression Moon
06-11-2017, 02:12 AM
Half Life 3.

With all the crazy trout that was announced in 2015 I thought this legit had a chance.

Darth Ganon
06-11-2017, 05:34 AM
Half-Life 3
Mega Man Legends 3
Banjo-Threeie

If you're gonna dream, dream big.

Aulayna
06-12-2017, 12:03 AM
Microsoft:

- Most Powerful Console Evaaaaaar
- Cars, Cars and Cars in Forza
- Slew of generic zombie/pvp games
- Oh a new Metro game
- Assassin's Creed: (We'veRunOutofIdeassoWeJustTookGiantCreaturesandSlowMofromPrinceofPersiaandMixedinRPGElementsbutYou' llStillbeScalingUbisoftTowers) Origins
- More zombies and PvP
- Minecraft, is really going cross-platform this year, really, honest
- Sea of Thieves, more like Sea of Feels because it looks so fun
- Hey we haven't forgotten about Crackdown 3 but the destruction has been neutered
- Tails Meets Super Mario
- LIFE IS STRANGE PREQUEL HYPE
- Backwards compatibility with original XBOX Games
- Some other stuff
- ANTHEM, AKA Mass Effect: Apology - we can still do facial animations! Okay BioWare, take my money.

Overall, not enough to make me want to drop $499 on an XBOX One X, and not much screamed out to me as must buys right now. Anthem and Sea of Thieves look sweet though!

Sephiroth
06-12-2017, 12:23 AM
mQzVG_FYaqI

Vyk
06-12-2017, 01:48 AM
I'll be watching ProJared's review of it eventually, but none of the games I'd be curious about are likely going to be exclusives, and I think I'll get along just fine with just a regular Xbox One whenever I get around to getting one. I was never really interested in Crackdown, so the slow development, and taking back of wild expectations doesn't bother me either

Hopefully they at least showed some sort of angle for Anthem, because the teaser they showed for EA didn't do anything for me

Edit: Just watched the "angle" trailer, with scripted RP voice-over, taking a page out of Ubisoft's playbook, and still barely explaining what the game is, other than BioWare's answer to Destiny I guess. Though I've always been interested in Destiny, so maybe BioWare can get me into that sort of game. My online friends are few, so those sort of things don't cater to me, but this looks like it might be okay to go solo as well

And just for laughs I watched the Assassin's Creed: Origins trailer, and while they obviously took mechanical inspiration from Horizon: Zero Dawn and Dark Souls, it piques my interest. I wouldn't mind going back to ancient Egypt. Not too many games are interested in going back quite that far in history for a setting, but it is rife with gaming and story possibilities

And, again, nothing I'm interested in is XBox exclusive, just XBox "enhanced"

Also... why the heck did Microsoft want to trademark "S" if they were just going to go with "X" instead.. (Edit2: Nevermind, I forgot they re-launched their console with the S moniker, for some reason I was thinking S was going to stand for Scorpio)

...Crackdown 3 had some crazy Saints Row vibes with the art style and presentation of just how crazy they're willing to go. Maybe it does pique my interest after all. If nothing else, props to the editor of the trailer. That was very enjoyable

Ah poop. Just found out they stole Ashen. That game was on my radar for a while now and there was never any mention of it being an XBO exclusive. That and a new Ori may finally justify a console purchase as I love me some Metroidvania and XBO having 2 of the newest most well crafted ones is hard to ignore

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2017, 02:44 AM
f3-6z0ac458

Vyk
06-12-2017, 02:59 AM
Digging through the remnants of trailers, reveals, announcements, etc. since I didn't watch the event, and a game called The Last Night seems to have sprung up and I think it deserves some presence. It looks awesome. Typical cyberpunk, neon, Blade Runner look, but in beautiful pixelart, and looks to be really well done. Can't wait to see more on that one

Scotty_ffgamer
06-12-2017, 03:29 AM
This is the first E3 I've pretty much ignored. I forgot it was even coming up. I don't know why I'm not too excited for it this year. Hopefully some cool stuff gets shown though. I'll probably check to see if there's any cool trailers on my next day off though.

Depression Moon
06-12-2017, 03:38 AM
Microsoft's conference was better than I expected. That DBZ game looks lit, that new platformer looks great, a mostly good show.

Digging through the remnants of trailers, reveals, announcements, etc. since I didn't watch the event, and a game called The Last Night seems to have sprung up and I think it deserves some presence. It looks awesome. Typical cyberpunk, neon, Blade Runner look, but in beautiful pixelart, and looks to be really well done. Can't wait to see more on that one

Nah, the creator is full of some smurf trout.

http://i.imgur.com/KmpDjSb.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCFH_VQU0AA3vPL.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCFH_VmVYAANdlN.jpg

Darth Ganon
06-12-2017, 04:03 AM
Microsoft:

- Most Powerful Console Evaaaaaar
- Cars, Cars and Cars in Forza
- Slew of generic zombie/pvp games
- Oh a new Metro game
- Assassin's Creed: (We'veRunOutofIdeassoWeJustTookGiantCreaturesandSlowMofromPrinceofPersiaandMixedinRPGElementsbutYou' llStillbeScalingUbisoftTowers) Origins
- More zombies and PvP
- Minecraft, is really going cross-platform this year, really, honest
- Sea of Thieves, more like Sea of Feels because it looks so fun
- Hey we haven't forgotten about Crackdown 3 but the destruction has been neutered
- Tails Meets Super Mario
- LIFE IS STRANGE PREQUEL HYPE
- Backwards compatibility with original XBOX Games
- Some other stuff
- ANTHEM, AKA Mass Effect: Apology - we can still do facial animations! Okay BioWare, take my money.

Overall, not enough to make me want to drop $499 on an XBOX One X, and not much screamed out to me as must buys right now. Anthem and Sea of Thieves look sweet though!

What? No TV and sports?

For real, though. I friggin' LOVE ancient Egypt, so Origins has my interest by default.

Scruffington
06-12-2017, 04:35 AM
Microsoft's presentation wasn't terrible, but they definitely didn't convince me to purchase a console. The lack of good exclusives is really hurting them.

Also, the $599.99 CAD price for the Xbox One X is ridiculous. There's literally no reason for me to buy one, when I could just spend a few hundred more and upgrade my PC.

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2017, 04:41 AM
I feel that both Sony and Microsoft failed to make a good argument for their .5 upgrades to their consoles.

I don't plan on owning a Microsoft console so I'm still just waiting for other companies to do their press conferences. Again, most of the big stuff already came out for me, so I'm really just waiting for the deluge of smaller titles that eventually come to light after the bigger companies have their turn. I am still curious to see what Sony and Nintendo will be doing.

Skyblade
06-12-2017, 04:59 AM
I really think they're doing a bad job at making the XBOX (XBox One X, fun acronym, huh?) appealing.

I mean, let's say that it IS currently the best system you can buy for the money.

It's not going to release for five months. Will it still be at that time? Assuming you don't get one at launch, how long will it take before you can make something unequivocally better for the same cost? Components drop in price all the time.

With no exclusive games (everything, even their biggest Microsoft exclusives, are also on at least the Windows 10 store, if not Steam), why would you get it?

Vyk
06-12-2017, 05:21 AM
XBOX (XBox One X, fun acronym, huh?)
That's why they called it the "X"? I mean, it makes perfect sense. But it's still dumb lol

Nah, the creator is full of some smurf trout

Extreme Femenism
While I'm sure Anita Sarkeesian and her ilk will call this an anti-feminist attack or something, I find the idea interesting if pulled off appropriately. Extreme anything is bad, even good ideas can be bent to ridiculous proportions. And a lot of people don't even think feminism is a good idea. So it may even appeal to them, to fight the regime

I'm always fascinated by new and untapped ways to create a dystopia. And while feminism and liberalism is all about love and equality and stuff at the source, it can and is quite easily twisted into something ugly, and if that ugliness governs us, it can still be as terrible as any other dictatorship. And I'd be willing to see what they can do with that

So I'm actually more interested now. But I am completely aware that is a delicate topic, and could easily be twisted into "pushing an agenda", or go into places that just don't make sense and is only there for the controversy. Which I'm not interested in. But for now, I'll hold my breath for it

Psychotic
06-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Based on those tweets - there may be more where the guy acts like a douche for all I know - I don't think it's bad. It's the same debate we had about Far Cry 5, just on the other side of the coin. It's an interesting concept that, if done right, could be worthwhile.

I do stress "If done right". If it's "wah why don't women like nice guys like me" bollocks then it can smurf off. But like, Gamergate itself, while utterly inane, did spark an interesting moral issue of whether believing in the right ideology (to me, anyway, and probably most of you) means you have carte blanche to do whatever you want to those who disagree with you, and indeed those who hide behind these ideologies as an excuse to be awful to people. With Gamergate it was dumb relatively petty trout like doxing or SWATing opponents, but in a situation where the stakes are considerably higher I can see it working.

Vyk
06-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Yeah I was thinking about the Far Cry 5 thing while typing my response. So here's hoping it's not a game with an agenda and more a game with an idea they want to explore

Skyblade
06-12-2017, 01:44 PM
I haven't seen the trailer (haven't had a chance to see much E3 stuff). But, from what I've seen here, it's not something clearly visible from the trailer? So hopefully it'll be more subtle with its messaging or intent?

As the backdrop for a dystopian future, it can certainly work. If it's made into cookie cutter villains, it'll be terrible.

Vyk
06-12-2017, 01:50 PM
The way ProJared put it, and after he mentioned it I agree with him. The trailer depiction made it look like very old-school Flashback. They didn't show any hint at a story other than you hide from a surveillance bot and hold a gun with shaking hands at someone cowering from you, and then a few action shots of hiding from bullets in a bar or store, and running to a floating taxi thing. it was all just to give a taste of the look and feel of the world

I wouldn't know anything about the ideals behind it without those tweets

Freya
06-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Saw the Anthem Gameplay trailer. SO THAT"S what bioware has been doing. Interesting. If only they put all that effort into Andromeda.

fat_moogle
06-12-2017, 08:45 PM
I have work at 6am tomorrow and the Sony conference is at 1am. Do I or don't I, guys?

Pumpkin
06-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Nooo, sleep and then when you wake up you can catch up

fat_moogle
06-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Wrong answer, Pumpkin. Wrong answer!

Pumpkin
06-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Shh just go play Tekken and then head to bed shhhhhhh

Scotty_ffgamer
06-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Watch the conference, quit your job, and then sleep in.

fat_moogle
06-12-2017, 08:58 PM
You're right...I know you're right. Ok. Tekken it is. For an hour. Then Big Brother. Then bed. Then alarm for 4:45am *tears* then a catch up with E3 news when I get home! Can't wait to see Detroit.

Scruffington
06-12-2017, 09:18 PM
I was initially skeptical about the Mario + Rabbids crossover, but it actually looks incredible.

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Yeah the MarioXRabbids crossover does look pretty good. Not feeling Assassin's Creed Origins, but I feel the franchise lost me after Desmond's story ended.

Scruffington
06-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Yeah the MarioXRabbids crossover does look pretty good. Not feeling Assassin's Creed Origins, but I feel the franchise lost me after Desmond's story ended.

I'm actually optimistic about Origins. And Assassin's Creed IV was a fantastic game.

I still wish that they just rebooted the entire AC series. I feel like they're going to abandon the modern story completely in Origins.

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2017, 09:31 PM
It may be for the best to drop it. Frankly, the modern stuff was one of the weak links of the series for me.

ACIV is in my backlog, I simply burned myself out on the franchise back when ACIII came out and simply got distracted by other franchises, so I have yet to play it but have heard good things. I actually liked ACIII as well. I just didn't really see a point in continuing the series after Desmond since he was central to the plot in the beginning and his story conclusion was rather dull.

Scruffington
06-12-2017, 09:38 PM
It may be for the best to drop it. Frankly, the modern stuff was one of the weak links of the series for me.

ACIV is in my backlog, I simply burned myself out on the franchise back when ACIII came out and simply got distracted by other franchises, so I have yet to play it but have heard good things. I actually liked ACIII as well. I just didn't really see a point in continuing the series after Desmond since he was central to the plot in the beginning and his story conclusion was rather dull.

The modern stuff was made Assassin's Creed unique.

The bombshell at the end of ACII was one of the many things that helped make that game memorable. Modern day elements absolutely have a place in AC, they just need to do a better job with it.

fat_moogle
06-12-2017, 09:39 PM
I've only ever played the first Assassin's Creed and Unity. Never touched the others so I'm not "burnt out" on it, unlike some. Might give this new one a go...will wait and see how the launch goes first though incase it's a bug fest.

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2017, 09:55 PM
The modern stuff was made Assassin's Creed unique.

The bombshell at the end of ACII was one of the many things that helped make that game memorable. Modern day elements absolutely have a place in AC, they just need to do a better job with it.

I honestly felt the historical element of the series was always the more unique and engaging element rather than boring Desmond and the Artifacts of Eden plotline. Dropping it all together and just focusing on the historical ideological eternal war of the Assassin versus Templar ordeal would better help the series in my opinion. I was done with Desmond and the modern stuff by Brotherhood, and while Revelations got me intrigued again by you know, finally deciding to give actual character development to this guy we'd been following for four games now, ACIII pretty much confirmed my feeling that the AC team really never knew what to do with the modern story or the Precursor subplot. I'm not against a game set in modern times, but I feel we could drop the "explore your ancestors memories to control the ancient conspiracy plot against the ancient precursor people and the apocalypse" and still have a fun series.

In E3 News, I'm surprised after the success of the sailing/pirate mechanic of ACIII/IV that it took Ubisoft this long to spin the mechanic off into it's own new franchise. Looks good, but I could have done without the commentary for the PVP footage.

EDITGA: HOLY trout! BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2!

Aulayna
06-12-2017, 10:10 PM
BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

I am so happy!

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2017, 10:17 PM
While I'm not a huge fan of some of the bigger games Ubisoft makes, I feel like this was a pretty good press conference actually. Some really good new IPs, a fun crossover, and they're finally making BG&E2.

Darth Ganon
06-12-2017, 10:18 PM
The AC series felt like it was going to lead up to a modern day game, but they never actually went through with it. Then they began ending modern character stories, so oh well.

BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

I am so happy!

I've never had hype ripped away so ridiculously fast before. It being a prequel really felt like a kick to the head.

Vyk
06-12-2017, 10:21 PM
Can't wait to get home and watch this

Aulayna
06-12-2017, 10:22 PM
I think it being a prequel makes sense where it's been so long, it allows them to setup some pieces, make lead-ins to the original. If it sells well, then they can release a sequel to the original with the HDoriginal included as a pre-order etc bonus. Good way of bringing in the generation who never experienced the original.

Fox
06-12-2017, 10:40 PM
I think it being a prequel makes sense where it's been so long, it allows them to setup some pieces, make lead-ins to the original. If it sells well, then they can release a sequel to the original with the HDoriginal included as a pre-order etc bonus. Good way of bringing in the generation who never experienced the original.

Yes, 20 years down the line maybe that will happen xD

I haven't played the original so I can't make any definitive judgments, but I'm led to believe one of the big draws of the original was the protagonist, Jade. A prequel pretty much means no Jade.

Darth Ganon
06-12-2017, 10:56 PM
They outright stated that it takes place before Jade is born. Depending on how far back it goes I guess it doesn't rule out Peyj or Double H, but still.

Also, Mario+Rabbids actually looks fun, but it could have been a viable game on its own without the rabbids. Maybe I'm just put off that this got a proper crossover with Mario before Sonic. I could see this same game with Badniks and Koopa Troopas instead of the Rayman spawns.

Vyk
06-12-2017, 11:02 PM
... So they are just going to pretend that teaser with jade and peyj tuning a broken down car on the side of a desert road never happened

Fox
06-12-2017, 11:20 PM
... So they are just going to pretend that teaser with jade and peyj tuning a broken down car on the side of a desert road never happened

Seems like it.

Also it's 'online' now: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/06/12/beyond-good-and-evil-2-is-online-world-of-space-pirates/

fat_moogle
06-13-2017, 12:01 AM
Beyond Good & Evil was an ok game, but I honestly didn't think it was as amazing as everyone seems to suggest. Also the trailer for 2 was like "how many times can we drop the F word in three minutes"? The CGI is nice but I can't really say that it's on my radar - maybe that will change once we see actual game play.

Vyk
06-13-2017, 12:58 AM
There was something about that game. I don't really like Zelda games, so having a really well made Zelda-esque that I could actually get into was nice, it was a lot more mature than it looked by its art design, it had great music, a fantastic female lead, the safety of the orphans made the fight worth fighting, and the side characters were super memorable and lovable. It just ticked a lot of boxes for me

I'm no longer sure I want to be exposed to whatever blasphemy they're doing with it now..

Wolf Kanno
06-13-2017, 03:07 AM
Well Sony's Press Conference was kind of boring. One third of it was sequels to popular brands we already knew were being made, one third were games shown years before and Sony simply confirming they haven't forgotten about them, and the last third was Sony still trying to push VR, despite all of the games looking pretty similar to each other anyway and bringing back memories of Sony's foray into motion gaming. Oh and a Spider-man Homecoming movie tie-in game.

Also, am I the only person wondering why Sony is remaking Shadow of the Colossus?

krissy
06-13-2017, 03:11 AM
you are not

i was like 'SHADOW OF THE CLOSSUS?sa?fdsa?d"

and immediately after i was like

"...AGAIN? AGAIN???"

Darth Ganon
06-13-2017, 03:14 AM
Spidey was cool, but it's pretty much all up to Nintendo to wow me tomorrow for this year.

maybee
06-13-2017, 03:27 AM
Man, was so disappointed. I mean if you like Spiderman you might of enjoyed it.

krissy
06-13-2017, 04:32 AM
oh my god beyond good and evil 2@?!?!?!?!?

L449s9bVdeM

krissy
06-13-2017, 04:35 AM
oh i see im five hours late to this party

Vyk
06-13-2017, 01:33 PM
It's cool, I didn't hate it as much as I thought I might. The CG was beautiful. It had charming characters, good music, and even though it's surreal to see the world of Beyond Good and Evil in a more realistic light, it still intrigues me

Freya
06-13-2017, 05:11 PM
Yeah the Spiderman game is probably the only game i've been like oh neat! about. The rest has been overall very meh.

Skyblade
06-13-2017, 05:38 PM
Metroid Prime 4!

Also Fire Emblem Warriors (with female Corrin as the default). New Yoshi Yarn game. New Kirby (with fusion copy and co-op). More on Xenoblade 2.

Scruffington
06-13-2017, 05:44 PM
Well Sony's Press Conference was kind of boring. One third of it was sequels to popular brands we already knew were being made, one third were games shown years before and Sony simply confirming they haven't forgotten about them, and the last third was Sony still trying to push VR, despite all of the games looking pretty similar to each other anyway and bringing back memories of Sony's foray into motion gaming. Oh and a Spider-man Homecoming movie tie-in game.

Also, am I the only person wondering why Sony is remaking Shadow of the Colossus?

I was initially confused about the SotC trailer. They have an HD remaster, but it's not a remake.

Then I realized that we're actually getting a full remake. I never knew I wanted something so badly before this.

Darth Ganon
06-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Nintendo won with Metroid Prime 4 alone.

Finally a mainline console Pokémon game, but I feel that it's a little late to take advantage of that. People were wanting that back in the N64 and GCN days and never got anything.

Of course I'm down for more Zelda Amiibo. I've lost count how many there are now.

Wolf Kanno
06-13-2017, 06:04 PM
I was initially confused about the SotC trailer. They have an HD remaster, but it's not a remake.

Then I realized that we're actually getting a full remake. I never knew I wanted something so badly before this.

I'm split on the matter because I love me some SotC, but I still haven't even gotten around to the HD Remaster which was released only a few years ago. I still feel like it's a bit too soon for a remake, but it is Shadow of the Colossus. Man I still need to finish The Last Guardian.

It is times like these, I miss Bolivar coming in here to tell us how we're all crazy for not thinking that Sony slam dunked this E3. I mean, every major announcement was basically a franchise he loved.

Scruffington
06-13-2017, 06:09 PM
Nintendo won E3.

Odyssey, Zelda DLC, Kirby, Pokemon, FE Warriors, Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid 3DS? Hell yeah.

Wolf Kanno
06-13-2017, 06:10 PM
I'll admit the new Xenoblade Trailer has me a bit more intrigued. The music alone was pretty nice but Mitsuda usually does a great job. The game's story has a Tales of Destiny vibe to it.

Fynn
06-13-2017, 06:20 PM
I'll admit the new Xenoblade Trailer has me a bit more intrigued. The music alone was pretty nice but Mitsuda usually does a great job. The game's story has a Tales of Destiny vibe to it.

It's ACE+ and Manami Kiyota tho

EDIT: Ah, wait, Mitsuda is in there too. THough the music sounded more Ace and Kiyota than anything. I bet he just wrote the ending song again

Del Murder
06-13-2017, 07:07 PM
Undertale for Vita was exciting to hear for me. I've been wanting to play that for a while and PC gaming has always been awkward for me.

Otherwise, agreed that Nintendo has won so far. Mario looks awesome, the new Kirby and Yoshi games are cute, and Metroid Prime 4 is intriguing.

Vyk
06-13-2017, 09:39 PM
Nintendo announced a bunch of games I don't care about

And I'll agree the SotC was a weird surprise. I'll probably get it, but I'm with everyone else on the fact that we don't need it. But depending on when it comes out (I forget if they said) I haven't gotten around to playing (or even getting) the HD ports of Ico/Colossus anyway, so it might be the better way to go when the time comes. I kinda wish they'd done it with Ico first though, as I'm more interested in replaying that game, but again, I can get it on the HD port

And I can't really knock them for doing it. They rebooted Spiderman 4 times, why not SotC? It seems to be a Sony mindset for some reason

And on a weird side note, people seem to be realizing that there is a massive difference between Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studios, so Zenimax's tactic of having a shady publishing company named the same thing as a beloved games developer in order to obfuscate ridicule when they do something shady and ridiculous is starting to catch people's notice

Seen a couple of videos explaining that last time it was Game Studio, this time it was Softworks. And there is a noticeable difference between the two. I've always just called them out for being Zenimax corporation, but a lot of people didn't realize there are two Bethesdas and it made them feel weird when "Bethesda" did something awful in the gaming world

Darth Ganon
06-14-2017, 12:23 AM

A delayed thought on my part, but they're also apparently going to pretend that the first game didn't end with a cliffhanger.

Skyblade
06-14-2017, 12:33 AM
So, as E3 winds down...

Who do you guys think had the best presentations? For me, it's Nintendo. A twenty five minute sizzle reel followed by even more strong reveals during the Treehouse stream (including both a Metroid II remake and Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, if not more that I couldn't see 'cause I was asleep) led to them generating the most hype for me going forward. Really solid presentations all the way through.

From what I've seen, it looks like Ubisoft was next in line after them (and, depending on what games you're looking for, could have been more hype-inducing), with Microsoft following and Sony bringing up the rear with a performance that a lot of people have described as just "meh".

But I'd love to see some other thoughts.

Example
06-14-2017, 02:19 AM
Nintendo gets my vote just for Metroid: Samus Returns

Vyk
06-14-2017, 02:52 AM
Nintendo never offers anything I like, so mostly I just watch random trailers afterwards to see if anything piques my interest. So I didn't watch any of their presentation, and can't really grade it. But other than that Skyblade's summary pretty much sums up my feelings. I'd probably feel better about Sony's if they had any indie games or if it wasn't just a rehash of last year's E3

Microsoft had both good presentation and made a couple of good arguments for me to get the console once and for all

And Ubisoft bringing out passionate developers getting teary-eyed is always a win. It endeared EA to us when the Unraveled developer took the stage and was all jittery, teary, and awkward and lovable

Scruffington
06-14-2017, 03:03 AM
E3 Rankings: Nintendo > Sony = Ubisoft > MS > EA > Bethesda

Bethesda's conference was the worst because they're still milking Skyrim 6 years later, they introduced paid mods, and didn't offer much of anything new aside from Wolfenstein II. I don't have an interest in that series, so to me it didn't matter too much.

EA's conference was really dull. The only interesting game they showed off was Battlefront II, and I'm not interested enough to buy it. Anthem looks like a lot like Destiny, and I already enjoy Destiny a ton. Plus Destiny 2 is right around the corner, and that franchise already has a fantastic community. No point in picking Anthem over it.

MS's conference was actually pretty decent. They just didn't have any exclusives that sold me on the system. Everything is available on the PC. Also, the Xbox One X is over $600 after taxes here in Canada. Yikes.

For Sony...it was absolutely underwhelming compared to past conferences. The presentation was really bad, at least on Twitch. There was scuffed audio on the first two trailers alone, lag throughout the entire stream, and there was just terrible pacing throughout the conference. It could have really used some downtime instead of 30+ minutes of constant trailers that were really dull. Having said that...the actual content was pretty great. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy looks fantastic. Horizon DLC should be a day one purchase for anyone who enjoyed the game. God of War is incredible. Shadow of the Colossus is getting a TRUE remake. Tons of great things from Sony. The low of this presentation was Days Gone (which looks terribly uninspired and generic), and Spider-Man seems like an overdose of QTEs. Ultimately, I think people had horribly unrealistic expectations for this conference. The Last of Us II is a late 2018/2019 title, Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF7R are due out by 2020, Death Stranding is still a long ways out, and there aren't too many other big franchises out there.

Ubisoft's conference was actually decent. They didn't have a cringe host this year, and showed some genuine passion for their games. The dev team shedding getting emotional during the reveal of Mario + Rabbids really sold me on that game, which already looks incredibly unique and full of enthusiasm. Then they showed how much they cared about BG&E 2 with its huge reveal. I also have confidence in AC: Origins, and I love the South Park series. Overall, a VERY good showing from them. Arguably their best E3 ever.

Nintendo is the king of this E3. They built up a ton of excitement for the future with 2018 titles such as Kirby, Yoshi, and other HUGE announcements like a new core Pokemon game and Metroid Prime 4. They managed to generate so much surprise and excitement for the future, and that's without them even announcing new Retro Studios, Smash, Mario Party or Animal Crossing titles which are definitely coming to the Switch. On top of all that, they put out one of the best gaming trailers in years for Super Mario Odyssey. In a year that has already been stacked, Odyssey legitimately looks like Game of the Year material.

Wolf Kanno
06-14-2017, 03:40 AM
No one really "won it" for me this year. Part of the issue was simply that all the stuff I was really looking forward to came out fairly recently so there really wasn't anything in the pipeline from any studio that I was really looking forward to. Sony and Ubisoft had some major sequels going on, but I've either lost the passion for them (Assassin's Creed) or never cared to begin with (God of War) so while it was cool to see the franchises get love, neither impressed me enough to open up my wallet. Shadow of the Colossus was an interesting surprise, but I can't help but feel like it's a bit redundant.

Microsoft has also never really been my system so I simply skipped their conference. I am a bit sad I missed out on Nintendo's but it does look like they had a pretty strong year, which is good because they seriously need to make sure the Switch doesn't pull a Wii U. Unfortunately, I'm still not quite on board with the Switch so while it was cool to see the titles, they are things I'm probably not going to be playing any time soon after their release. So over all, it was kind of a meh year for me, but I kind of felt that was going to be the case going in.

Atlus just released their major title I was looking forward to, and while they promised a new SMT title for the Switch, I'm going to wait and see to make sure it doesn't become another Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei switch. I've resigned myself to the idea that after FFXII HD, there is going to be nothing coming out of Squenix for the foreseeable future that I'm going to bother spending money on.

maybee
06-14-2017, 04:28 AM
Nintendo Won by bringing back our girl Samus imo.

Darth Ganon
06-14-2017, 07:58 AM
Things I'm left looking forward to so far:

Spider-Man PS4
Mario + Rabbids (kind of)
Breath of the Wild DLC
BotW Champion Amiibos
Super Mario Odyssey
Metroid Prime 4
Goomba & Koopa Amiibos (still need to get Boo, too)
Assassin's Creed Origins

Too bad I work the next two days and will miss the additional Tree House events.

Fynn
06-14-2017, 08:04 AM
Yeah, nothing has grabbed me either. The KH trailer was nice, I guess, but nothing too mindblowing

Sephiroth
06-14-2017, 12:02 PM

I am surprised you write a normal long post about E3 after seeing you trolling in twitch chat. With all the "LUL *several different messages here* LUL"

Scruffington
06-14-2017, 03:04 PM

I am surprised you write a normal long post about E3 after seeing you trolling in twitch chat. With all the "LUL *several different messages here* LUL"

You're reading my Twitch chat messages? That's...a little unsettling?

Twitch chat is mostly for the memes. I'm more likely to share my real thoughts here.

Nice
06-14-2017, 03:12 PM
I guess Nintendo won. Their presentation was a vindication for fans -- that Nintendo actually listens to its fans. I suspect that because of all the backlash from the Pokemon Direct where no core Pokemon game was announced for the Switch, Nintendo knew they needed to assuage fans.

My vote goes to Devolver Digital. A conference where a company criticizes E3 conferences? That wins my vote. Here's a link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKgEsuEBhqI) for those who may have missed it.

Sephiroth
06-14-2017, 04:32 PM

You're reading my Twitch chat messages? That's...a little unsettling?

Twitch chat is mostly for the memes. I'm more likely to share my real thoughts here.

If the name "TheScruffington" pops up in the Square Enix chat window and I am looking at random messages it just happens.

Aulayna
06-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Nintendo > Ubisoft > Microsoft => Sony > EA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bethesda

Aulayna
06-14-2017, 05:50 PM
Actually:

Nintendo > Ubisoft > Microsoft => Sony > EA >>> Bethesda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 30th Anniversary of Final Fantasy (WTF SE, seriously, what was that trout!?)

Wolf Kanno
06-14-2017, 06:07 PM
Ain't that the truth, it's hard to believe it's the 30th Anniversary.

Vyk
06-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Seems like a lot of companies are dropping the ball on these anniversaries. Castlevania and MegaMan had the same issues. Companies forget the games that made them and that's just surreal to me

Scruffington
06-14-2017, 06:29 PM
If the name "TheScruffington" pops up in the Square Enix chat window and I am looking at random messages it just happens.

Oh yeah. That conference was terrible. Square pretty much wasted my time with an interview that told us literally nothing.

Nintendo > Ubisoft > Microsoft => Sony > EA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bethesda

How is Microsoft > Sony at this event? MS didn't introduce a single exclusive that you can't play on PC.

Skyblade
06-14-2017, 06:33 PM
From what I've heard (still haven't seen them), Microsoft had the better presentation. It looked better, flowed better, was better structured, etcetera. And thus can be rated higher, especially in the heat of the moment.

Then you step back and realize that they promoted Minecraft in 4K for the Xbox One X. Or for that matter, Cuphead, another game with ultra stylized graphics that don't really have anything extra to show off with the "enhancements".

Aulayna
06-14-2017, 07:21 PM

Oh yeah. That conference was terrible. Square pretty much wasted my time with an interview that told us literally nothing.

How is Microsoft > Sony at this event? MS didn't introduce a single exclusive that you can't play on PC.

Was meant to be a

Darth Ganon
06-15-2017, 07:40 AM
Apparently development for Beyond Good & Evil 2 hasn't even begun yet. So an even longer wait for those who still care about the game considering how ambitious their plans are.

Psychotic
06-15-2017, 07:51 AM
Apparently development for Beyond Good & Evil 2 hasn't even begun yet....did... did they just Square-Enix it?

Skyblade
06-15-2017, 09:07 AM
Apparently development for Beyond Good & Evil 2 hasn't even begun yet....did... did they just Square-Enix it?

Now pair that info with what they're proposing in this (https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/14/beyond-good-and-evil-2-interview-e3-2017/) article.

A wildly ambitious, impossibly scaled game flirting with numerous genres...

This is the sort of project that tends to fail, hard, when it's confronted with reality. "Let's just put everything in".

Vyk
06-15-2017, 04:17 PM

Now pair that info with what they're proposing in this (https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/14/beyond-good-and-evil-2-interview-e3-2017/) article.

A wildly ambitious, impossibly scaled game flirting with numerous genres...

This is the sort of project that tends to fail, hard, when it's confronted with reality. "Let's just put everything in".
:cry:

Also, is there some zombie outbreak among developers, where instead of turning undead and wanting to eat brains, they make ridiculously ambitious promises. Peter Moleneux is spreading... He's taken Michel Ancel

WarZidane
06-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Apparently development for Beyond Good & Evil 2 hasn't even begun yet. So an even longer wait for those who still care about the game considering how ambitious their plans are.

http://kotaku.com/what-beyond-good-evil-2-is-now-and-what-its-creators-1796116469

So while it obviously still has a long way to go and it may very well be way too ambitious, saying development hasn't even begun yet is false. :p

Sephiroth
06-15-2017, 10:54 PM
Now to Nier, the thing thart turns E3 from 0 to 100.

Sephiroth
06-16-2017, 01:10 AM
So with this the Square part of E3 has come to an end.

I feel weird considering I waited a long time for this.

Freya
06-16-2017, 02:19 AM
I feel E3 was just kinda meh overall this year.

Vyk
06-16-2017, 06:16 AM

Nobody on YouTube is covering anything Square related in my circle. Did they have a thing? And you mentioned Nier. Is there more Nier going on?

Darth Ganon
06-16-2017, 06:51 AM
Evidently I misunderstood the news about BG&E2 and got hung up on the "day zero" quote. Reading more into it it still sounds very, very early in development. Not to mention extremely tall hurdles to clear.

I'm with Vyk, too. Aside from the little bit of FFXV stuff I've seen posted on here, no other Square-Enix news has crossed my path.

Sephiroth
06-16-2017, 01:23 PM

Nobody on YouTube is covering anything Square related in my circle. Did they have a thing? And you mentioned Nier. Is there more Nier going on?

I don't know what you mean. That was the last, the third presentation day of Square themselves. And they also had something about last year's Nier concert and then were spending a bit of their time with the super boss while 6O''s voice actress was there. After that they had Brave Exvius again.