PDA

View Full Version : The Bright Knight passed away...

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Adam West, best known for his role in the campy 60s Batman series as well as voicing himself in Family Guy, has passed away at 88 after a battle with leukemia (http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/adam-west-dead-dies-batman-1202461532/).

Today is a sad day. :cry:

kPBT_AooNPw

Darth Ganon
06-11-2017, 03:57 AM
I read the title as "Black Knight" and was going to say it's just a scratch.

Then I saw what was going on and now I'm just like

Del Murder
06-13-2017, 10:26 PM
Holy not good news Batman. :(

Great thing about West was that he totally embraced the campiness of his Batman character even many many years after the show was done. Other actors would have tried to distance themselves from an old role or try to play it up like it was more serious than it was. I remember reading of an interview with West where he said he was genuinely surprised that some people took his Batman seriously. The whole point was to make it look ridiculous.

That Batman show was not just entertaining TV (I even watched a couple episodes that were randomly on TV last year) but it captured an era of comics that has gone overlooked with all the reboots into these super serious dark characters. There were a lot of different Batmans over his tenure and they weren't all grim!

Vyk
06-13-2017, 10:41 PM
I didn't really care for the 60s Batman, as it was a little too campy for me, but I loved Adam West as a person, and as stupid as the role was, he was one of my favorite characters on Family Guy

He made an impact on a lot of people, and didn't seem to ever let his fame get to him. It was a pleasure to be entertained by him, and he will be missed :/