http://home.eyesonff.com/images/images_eoffclassic/LeezaA.jpg

i initially wanted to ask which ff the eye in the background comes from
but i realize now it might not be from a final fantasy

can anyone explain or elucidate the history of the eyeball
or do we have to find leeza and ask because the file is called LeezaA.jpg

help me

Vyk
06-14-2017, 04:24 AM
It's definitely Leeza's. Back in the day when they started doing templates for the site, I commented I was glad to be done with the ugly single corner image and get something new, without realizing I'd be walking on the feelings of the creator and she replied with a crying face :/

Edit: Randomly searching through Google images for Final Fantasy 7 eyes, as that seems to be the big inspiration, and I couldn't think of eye scenes in the other games, I've come to the conclusion that it is not likely any character in Final Fantasy 7, as that game's art style seems to dictate that eyelashes come down from the upper eyelid into the eye space, rather than go up from the upper eyelid away from the eye space as depicted in Leeza's image. And everyone in Final Fantasy 8 seems to have very thin eyes. And that was the only other game I could think eyes might feature prominently enough to get a CG close-up. Did another final fantasy have an eye scene?

theundeadhero
06-14-2017, 04:41 AM
Its a random eye meant to be representative of the "Eye(s) on Me" from FFVIII. From left to right the images progress from 7-9, with 8 in the background because it was a less prominent game than the other two.

Psychotic
06-14-2017, 08:07 AM
http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/47928-whos?p=814374&viewfull=1#post814374

Leeza explains it all. RIP Elk smiley.

theundeadhero
06-14-2017, 08:47 AM
:moose:

krissy
06-15-2017, 07:02 AM
ah yes, 2004, the year when i was afk

thanks everyone

:squirrel:

Christmas
06-24-2017, 06:06 AM
Who's Leeza? is it a coconut or a strawberry? :confused: