PDA

View Full Version : Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

fat_moogle
06-21-2017, 04:14 PM
The release date for the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is almost upon us. Is anybody else picking this up?

Formalhaut
06-21-2017, 04:19 PM
I really want to but I don't think I can afford a new game for awhile, I'm afraid.

Shauna
06-21-2017, 04:20 PM
I may just!

Karifean
06-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Absolutely.

fat_moogle
06-21-2017, 06:30 PM
I really want to but I don't think I can afford a new game for awhile, I'm afraid.
I don't really like buying games at full price anymore, but this is <£30 at launch so I'm quite happy paying that. It'll be the last game that I buy for a while, though.

I may just!
Do ittttt!

Absolutely.
Right answer :D

Scruffington
06-21-2017, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I think the discounted price is really selling me on the game. I don't know if I'll have any time to play it in the near future though.

I definitely recommend everyone pick this up if they can. The developers apparently remade the games from the ground up, and put a ton of effort into them.

I feel pretty confident that if this sells well, we're almost definitely going to see the return of Crash in some new games.

fat_moogle
06-21-2017, 11:23 PM
Yeah, there are some people calling the trilogy "remasters", but I'd say they're "remakes". Sure, they're exactly the same games so they're not technically remakes, but they're much more than a remaster and, like you say, you can see the effort that has been put in to bring Crash up to todays standards. I'm pretty sure that the game will sell a ton of copies and will easily take #1 in the all formats charts in various countries upon release. Naughty Dog have praised VV on this as well.

Freya
06-22-2017, 12:13 AM
CqYaBx8n3as

found this on youtube! This looks great

Darth Ganon
06-22-2017, 04:39 AM
While a playable version of Crash 1 is tempting, it's also my dislike for said game that deters me. I got all three for $0.99 during a flash sale anyway and still need to try and beat the first game as well as play the other two (which I hopefully assume are better).

Now a Spyro trilogy remake... I would be all over that.

Karifean
06-22-2017, 08:56 AM
While a playable version of Crash 1 is tempting, it's also my dislike for said game that deters me. I got all three for $0.99 during a flash sale anyway and still need to try and beat the first game as well as play the other two (which I hopefully assume are better).

FWIW I never was a fan of Crash 1, but Crash 2 and 3 are some of my favorite games ever.

Psychotic
06-22-2017, 09:14 AM
I loved Crash 1 as a kid. I replayed it on a PS1 emulator relatively recently and while I enjoyed a lot of it, parts of it were really fiddly and frustrating. The control didn't feel quite as tight as a more modern game would. So the idea of a remake rather than a remaster is an appealing one.

maybee
06-22-2017, 10:40 AM
Absolutely.

Tyson
06-22-2017, 11:21 AM

I loved Crash 1 as a kid. I replayed it on a PS1 emulator relatively recently and while I enjoyed a lot of it, parts of it were really fiddly and frustrating. The control didn't feel quite as tight as a more modern game would. So the idea of a remake rather than a remaster is an appealing one.

I read a few months back they reworked this trilogy and made Crash 1 waaaay easier. So a lot of this may have been rectified.

Vyk
06-22-2017, 02:59 PM
That should be the case, since they had to build it from the ground up in a reverse engineering manner, since the original files for the game were either lost or indecipherable

I will probably pick this collection up, even though I never got into the series initially. I was way late to the PS1 party, and not really into any of the kid-friendly games at the time. In fact, I mostly had RPGs for the console. But despite not having a history or nostalgia regarding the series, I super appreciate that this game exists, and it brings me hope that other things like it will happen, as I too would love a Spyro game. I never owned it, but my brother's family had it, and I liked what I saw and what little I played. And there need to be more good platformer games these days. And from what I've heard, Yooka-Laylee didn't scratch that itch for many people

Rocket Edge
06-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Most definitely! Think my girlfriend will end up playing it more than me though.

Shauna
06-22-2017, 05:00 PM
I recently(ish) played through the Crash and Spyro trilogies - neither Crash 1 or Spyro 1 caused me as much trouble as they used to and I was sad. :(

Formalhaut
06-22-2017, 09:34 PM
Oh the discounted price is really good. Still out of my budget but it's definitely in the list of games to get.

I've actually only ever played Crash 4, of all things, so I'm really excited to get into the original trilogy. I'd love there to be more Crash and Spyro games, personally.

DMKA
06-27-2017, 03:44 AM
I can't wait. It's been years since I've played any of them but I absolutely loved them all, especially Warped. The original Crash trilogy are among the greatest platformers ever made.

Also it was recently announced that some of the cut/unfinished levels from the original games are being completed and added in as DLC. :love:

Bubba
06-27-2017, 03:02 PM
I worship the ground that Naughty Dog walk on. Of course, I will be purchasing this.

fat_moogle
06-27-2017, 03:50 PM
I worship the ground that Naughty Dog walk on. Of course, I will be purchasing this.
You do know that Naughty Dog don't have anything to do with the N.Sane Trilogy, right? They don't own the Crash Bandicoot IP anymore, Activision do. It's being developed by Vicarious Visions.

Bubba
06-28-2017, 08:38 AM
You do know that Naughty Dog don't have anything to do with the N.Sane Trilogy, right? They don't own the Crash Bandicoot IP anymore, Activision do. It's being developed by Vicarious Visions.

Oh I know. They did make the original trilogy though so of course... I'll be picking this up :D

fat_moogle
06-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Ah ok, it just sounded like you thought they were making this, too :D TWO DAYS!

DMKA
06-29-2017, 03:35 AM
You do know that Naughty Dog don't have anything to do with the N.Sane Trilogy, right?

That's technically true, but the levels and overall game are the same. Vicarious Visions didn't do any level re-building, they literally used the wire work Naughty Dog did and then built new prettier visuals on top of it. So you are still playing the levels Naughty Dog envisioned and built, for all intents and purposes.

But you are right, Naughty Dog had nothing to do with the production of this remake collection. Although from what I hear there's a lot of little Naughty Dog easter eggs added in by VV. I guess they're fans? :)

fat_moogle
06-30-2017, 10:39 AM
I'll be picking this up after work today providing that Tesco or Argos have it in stock. If they don't I'll have to order it online because I'm not dragging all the way in to town! Looking forward to giving it a go and finding those little Easter eggs you mentioned :)

Formalhaut
06-30-2017, 05:30 PM
Should I buy this at the beginning of July with the next paycheck... hmm... I'm sorely tempted.

Karifean
06-30-2017, 10:46 PM
Binged through Crash 2 today. Man Bee-Hiving is a lot harder than it used to be! And Ruination had garbage depth perception. Besides that though it's still the game I fell in love with all those years ago, including that damn hard gem in Cold Hard Crash.

Good times. Up next are the Time Trials and then I'll move on to Warped. Probably still won't play the original, I was never much a fan of it...

fat_moogle
06-30-2017, 11:02 PM
I haven't played any of it yet. Was waiting for my sister to get home so we could play it together. She's still out. I'm in bed. Oh well, maybe we'll get around to it over the weekend.

Also you know, I've played bits of 2 and warped, but I've never actually played them through properly, whereas I've completed the first.

Formalhaut
06-30-2017, 11:17 PM
Full disclosure: I've only played Crash 4, which I believe is the Wrath of Cortex. never played 1 through 3, so I'm really eager to actually play through all of them and find out what I missed.

Shauna
06-30-2017, 11:19 PM
Poor Formy, only playing the trash tier Crash games.

Formalhaut
06-30-2017, 11:23 PM
I thought 'trash tier' Crash games started after the fourth one? I don't know I personally rather enjoyed Wrath of Cortex, but I'm not exactly an expert on the history of the games.

Karifean
07-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Crash 1 is meh. Crash 2 and 3 are gold. Crash 4 and Twinsanity are enjoyable enough. After that... well.

Shauna
07-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Twinsanity was the bane of my existence. But really, anything not Naughty Dog released was pretty... well... meh.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-01-2017, 12:59 AM
I'm playing from the beginning. It's not as good as 2 and 3, but I've still always enjoyed the original.

It all looks quite nice and seems to play just like I remember so far. I'd love if they did this for the spyro trilogy too.

maybee
07-01-2017, 11:11 AM
Playing this right now and loving it so much. Really hope that they do a N Sane Trilogy 2 with Wrath Of Cortex, CTR and Twinsanity. Crash Bash could be a nice unlockable bonus. CTR was just as good as the originals, and Twinsanity is a awesome Crash game not made by Naughty Dog and Cortex needs a good re boost with faster loading times.

Spyro also need this treatment too. And Croc.

fat_moogle
07-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Dbl p0st soz

fat_moogle
07-02-2017, 11:44 PM
So I finally started playing this! I've started from the beginning and I'm currently failing hard at Hog Wild - no changes there! Does anyone else feel that first timers have it easy with autosave after completing levels? Gone are the days of trying to complete the bonus levels to save the game! They weren't replayable after failing them, either. Tell you what though, I'm glad of that xD

Scotty_ffgamer
07-03-2017, 12:47 AM
I almost feel like I'm cheating with auto save and such. I feel like it's better this way though. Some of those bonus stages are brutal.

fat_moogle
07-03-2017, 04:13 PM
I guess the auto save gets rid of having to put that long ass code in to get back to where you were!

Anyway I'm glad I bought this early because it's out of stock now at most retailers across the UK!

Formalhaut
07-03-2017, 05:44 PM
I have it ordered! I caved in the end. It'll arrive next week. Pretty excited to play Crash again.

fat_moogle
07-03-2017, 06:56 PM
I have it ordered! I caved in the end. It'll arrive next week. Pretty excited to play Crash again.
You won't regret it! This is pure fun. An exact replica of the originals, and you'll be surprised at just how much better the graphics make this game feel overall.

Formalhaut
07-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Looking forward to experiencing it all for the first time!

It makes you wonder if other classic games from that period will be remade. I know Spyro's banded around a lot, and I've got to be honest I wouldn't say no to that, or Crash Team Racing.

Karifean
07-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Finished up Crash 2 (haven't done all time trials yet though) and beat the final boss in Crash 3. Man this reminded me of how Crash 3 has some challenges that instead of fun just end up being really goddamn tedious. That goddamn Orange Asphalt gem made me want to punch something. Though it's kinda offset by stuff like the Tomb Wader time trial which is one of the most satisfying things of all time when you get it done just rright.

Also having to unlock extra levels through time trials feels awkward when the Running Shoes are the last powerup you get ~_~ I know you don't need them of course, but... efficiency, man.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-03-2017, 08:45 PM
I've never actually done all the time trials or anything in these games. I usually start trying to 100% it and then give up pretty quick.

I'm going to try to do so on this collection, but I'll probably still give up quickly.

Formalhaut
07-03-2017, 10:49 PM
I remember being awful at time trials in Crash 4. Mileage may vary here. Do the games get harder as the series goes on, or a bit easier? How is Crash 1 different from say, Crash 2 or 3?

Karifean
07-04-2017, 12:00 AM
Crash 1 is harder than Crash 2 is harder than Crash 3. Crash 2 has more fun challenge than Crash 3 has more fun challenge than Crash 1.

At least I think that about sums it up nicely.

fat_moogle
07-04-2017, 12:10 AM
I got to the Upstream level in Crash 1 this morning after a cheeky little play before work. I'm going to continue my game tomorrow!

Shauna
07-04-2017, 05:18 PM
So much muscle memory playing this. xD

But uh I dunno how else to describe it but it feels like Crash is "heavier" than I remember. I spent *too long* in Native Fortress trying to get the last jump to the bounce box, and I have never had these issues before.

Maybe I have become garbage in the past 3 years.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-04-2017, 06:48 PM
If you are talking about not jumping high enough with those jump boxes to get to the next one, you have to hold the jump button down to do the higher jump pretty much from the moment you jump at the bottom. I struggled with those until i remembered/realized what to do. That's if I'm ever thinking of the same level.

Formalhaut
07-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Oh yeah I remember in Crash 4 you can jump higher from bouncy boxes if you hold down X at the right moment. I think. Gosh it's been years since I played Crash 4, but I think a similar principle applies in the earlier games.

fat_moogle
07-04-2017, 06:55 PM
I think that's down to the timing of the holding down the x button to ensure you get that extra "bounce".

Anyway I'm currently on Road to Nowhere (still the first game) and I have had Game Over after Game Over after Game Over falling through or completely missing jumps on the broken planks / bridges.

maybee
07-04-2017, 07:22 PM
People are saying that Crash is the "new Dark Souls " ? Crash is hard, but there's harder platform games out there, like Rayman.
:crying:

fat_moogle
07-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Those comparisons are literally ridiculous lol. People will say anything to get hits.

Shauna
07-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Yes, I know you hold X for more bounce. I am not that terrible at Crash Bandicoot games. :p

I 100% cleared Crash Bandicoot within the last few years and had absolutely no issues with that level so I'm just puzzled as to why I was at it for upwards of 10 minutes this time when I have literally never had this concern before. :shrug:

The new graphics are throwing me off my game.

Formalhaut
07-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Could be the new graphics, definitely.

Fox
07-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Check this out: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-04-fans-may-know-why-jumping-is-harder-in-the-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy

Seems pretty plausible. When you consider they had to build all three games from scratch, it's bound to feel a little different.

Formalhaut
07-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Check this out: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-04-fans-may-know-why-jumping-is-harder-in-the-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy

Seems pretty plausible. When you consider they had to build all three games from scratch, it's bound to feel a little different.

Interesting explanation and pretty forgivable given that it seems like a really small thing that makes a surprising amount of difference. Would this sort of thing be patchable if they wanted to correct it?

Shauna
07-04-2017, 09:25 PM
I feel slightly vindicated that this is a more widespread "issue" for peeps. xD

It's fine, I'll get used to it, and adjust my playing accordingly. Like I said in my initial post, I've got a lot of muscle memory for these games so for things that ~*~feel right~*~ to be completely off and causing me to entirely misjudge jumps is weird.

Eh, I'll get better and become a true pro all over again.

Fox
07-04-2017, 09:32 PM

Interesting explanation and pretty forgivable given that it seems like a really small thing that makes a surprising amount of difference. Would this sort of thing be patchable if they wanted to correct it?

I expect so. It's a bit of data, not some fundamental part of the engine they're using. So if they think it's a big enough deal they might look at it. I haven't really seen much in terms of serious complaints though. "It feels a bit different and it's a bit harder" is about the most angry complaint I've seen, not really any "this travesty has ruined all my childhood memories" that you get in most remakes.

So all in all they seem to have done a pretty good job.

Formalhaut
07-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Yeah all the things I've heard about online have said that it's a very faithful recreation of the original trilogy, so literally using the default pill-shaped hitbox seems very minor in my opinion.

fat_moogle
07-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Guys I'm legit getting stressed out with Road to Nowhere. I wanted to complete Crash 1 before moving on but I think I might have to come back to it later before I lose my mind!

Formalhaut
07-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Seems like just completing some of these stages is proving tricky, I can't imagine the time trials.

Shauna
07-04-2017, 10:08 PM
I love the Road to Nowhere.

Karifean
07-04-2017, 10:12 PM
I envy you people for being able to put up with Crash 1 for so long ^^;

fat_moogle
07-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Seems like just completing some of these stages is proving tricky, I can't imagine the time trials.
I've not tried any of the time trials yet. Maybe we'll have to get a competition going some time!

I love the Road to Nowhere.
I fly through the first half of the level but come the second half with the more icy parts of the bridges and the larger gaps between planks...ugh!

I envy you people for being able to put up with Crash 1 for so long ^^;
Patience is a virtue...says me flipping out over this level xD

Shauna
07-04-2017, 10:40 PM
RIP when you reach Slippery Climb.

fat_moogle
07-04-2017, 10:54 PM
Oh gosh - just watched a YouTube video of Slippery Climb OG game. It looks like hell and I'm going to get burnt accordingly...if I make it that far xD It's definitely a level that I've never played before and I have no idea how far I made it through when I played the OG game. I never completed 1, 2 or 3.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-05-2017, 02:01 AM
I always liked on road to nowhere just jumping on the rope railings and skipping the hard parts altogether. I feel like I slide off the railings easier in this version though, which was some fun added challenge to my making the level super easy.

Also, I didn't mean to insult your crash skills, shauna as I had somehow forgot how to work the jump boxes despite most of the game being me going by muscle memory without issues.

DMKA
07-05-2017, 03:09 AM
Crash 1 is brutally difficult. I recall it being a challenge, but I swear I don't remember it being THIS hard. From the level "High Road" on the game would give some of the Souls games a run for their money in the difficulty department.

I'm now on Crash 2 and I'm having a blast with it. :)

fat_moogle
07-05-2017, 08:08 PM
So I got the furthest I have done tonight on Road to Nowhere (up until the bonus level) butttttt I died after I completed it. Giving up again for tonight, will try it again tomorrow, but if I still can't get past it I'm definitely moving on to Crash 2. I need a change of scenery god damnit and the amount of rage I'm feeling right now isn't natural.

Karifean
07-05-2017, 10:09 PM
Speaking of rage, oh my god the jetski and motorbike controls are so bad in the Crash 3 remaster. Just... uggggh.

Edit: Got the Crash 3 Platinum and farmed up to 99 lives in Crash 2 (yay beehives). Now I just need to get all the relics in Crash 2 and then... well maybe then I'll consider doing a bit of Crash 1 again.

fat_moogle
07-09-2017, 01:53 AM
Tried and failed Road to Nowhere multiple times again today and, yep, complete failure. Started Crash 2 now but didn't play it for long. Got through like, 3 levels. I swear I never thought I'd make it over those damn hippos - Christ, I'm useless at this game! :lol:

maybee
07-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Tried and failed Road to Nowhere multiple times again today and, yep, complete failure. Started Crash 2 now but didn't play it for long. Got through like, 3 levels. I swear I never thought I'd make it over those damn hippos - Christ, I'm useless at this game! :lol:

Have you tried the "rope trick " ?

fat_moogle
07-09-2017, 09:37 PM
I've tried it a few times but still no joy. I'll give it another go at some point.

maybee
07-10-2017, 10:24 PM
I've tried it a few times but still no joy. I'll give it another go at some point.

Keep going and don't give up ! You can do it ! :jess:

Shauna
07-10-2017, 10:48 PM
The N. Brio Bonus in Heavy Machinery took me a solid 45 minutes.

I love this game. xD

Formalhaut
07-10-2017, 11:03 PM
The game arrived! Me and Mr. Carny are enjoying this now.

I'd been doing pretty well actually, up until Native Fortress took like, 10-15 of my lives. Dear GOD. The flames. The spikes. How the hell is anyone meant to do the one-shot time trials?

DMKA
07-11-2017, 04:24 AM
I just started Warped today and it's definitely still my favorite of the three. Although in comparison to the first game it feels easy peasy. :p

fat_moogle
07-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Glad you're on the Crash train, Formy!

I'm giving Road to Nowhere another go...

Only the second time out of the twenty million attempts of this level that I've got this far! Wish me luck, guys. Wish me luck.

EDIT: OMG GUYS, OMG. I BLOODY DID IT!

But my success was short lived!

Formalhaut
07-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Hey, I just made it through Road to Nowhere! I don't have the Red Gem yet though, so I'll have to run through again to get the Clear Gem.

Talking about Gems, I finally got the Green Gem! It took a few tries, but I got so nervous about dying near the end. The 'not dying' part is probably the toughest part of these coloured gem runs. At least with clear gems you can die repeatedly and get all the crates.

Time trials are going to be a nightmare. Got to be fast and not die. As opposed to me patiently waiting for a platform in a standard no-death run.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-11-2017, 09:04 PM
So far I have not gotten any colored gems. Eventually I'll try, but I always end up dying at least once. Speed trials I'll probably give up on, at least with trying to get platinum. I've only ever gotten platinum on the hog levels.

fat_moogle
07-12-2017, 02:13 AM
Good effort, Formy. You're steaming through! I didn't play much more after Road to Nowhere - I'm on Sunset...something now. I forget the name.

I'm with Scotty - no gems at all for me!

Shauna
07-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Sunset Vista.

I played a lot of Crash Bandicoot okay

Formalhaut
07-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Sunset Vista was tough. Actually I say it was tough, Mr. Carny did that one. We're sharing a save file. On the final(?) island now!

fat_moogle
07-12-2017, 03:01 PM
A++ for you CB knowledge, Shauna :P

I try and move too fast in Sunset Vista on the platforms that move in sequence on the wall and fall on to the flames. I haven't played it again today but I'll give it another go later.

MJN SEIFER
07-12-2017, 03:32 PM
I really love what I've seen of this game so far, I love the Crash Bandicoot series of that era (I haven't really had chance to get to know the current eras), but it's cool how they are doing this. I will admit, I'm not sure about the design of some (or at least one) of the Crash Bandicoot (i.e. the first game) bosses, but I only saw them in a clip of the secret ending (same as the original).

It's just a shame I only have a PlayStation 3 - I'd love to play this.

fat_moogle
07-12-2017, 05:27 PM
I never played any of the Crash Bandicoot games outside of the original trilogy and CTR. From what I've gathered they aren't as good, but it would be nice to have the opportunity to try them.

Just made it though Sunset Vista :D Koala Kong is the easiest boss but I died more times than I should have.

Formalhaut
07-12-2017, 07:26 PM
I don't know. I quite enjoyed Wrath of Cortex (the fourth one) except for the loading times. Haven't played any of the others before or since that one until I got N. Sane, so it would be good to compare them after I've played them all.

One thing I'm surprised about is the lack of sliding or crawling in Crash 1.

Formalhaut
07-12-2017, 07:57 PM
Had a relatively good run. Got the Orange Gem and Blue Gem without too much trouble. Only a few retries on each. Made it past the boss and winded up on Slippery Climb.

UUUUUUUUGH. I will get through it. And then I will keep trying until I get the Red Gem. Holy smurf how am I supposed to not die during this level?

maybee
07-13-2017, 05:05 AM
Just got up to The High Road. I DID have about 35 lives...... also struggling to do the " rope trick " on this one, and idk why.

Karifean
07-13-2017, 02:03 PM
I think the main difference between the originals and remake in gameplay are that the originals had very forgiving hitboxes - always deciding in the player's favor when in doubt - while the remake has very precise and accurate hitboxes.

I consider the former much better, personally.

fat_moogle
07-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Just got up to The High Road. I DID have about 35 lives...... also struggling to do the " rope trick " on this one, and idk why.
Just got to this level myself! D:

Formalhaut
07-14-2017, 08:24 PM
We did it! Me and Mr. Carny beat Crash Bandicoot 1, with a completion of 83%. Main barrier at the moment is getting the remaining coloured gems (red, purple, yellow), which are really hard ones to get. I have no idea how I'm going to no-death Slippery Climb with all crates. That seems impossible.

The High Road's rope trick works on and off. I definitely wouldn't overuse it, as it can end up slowing you down and using up more lives, weirdly enough.

fat_moogle
07-20-2017, 01:18 PM
I haven't played this for a while. Just got through the High Road and now I'm on to Slippery Climb. Wish me luck...pretty sure I'll need it!

Watch me fail (live stream)
EDIT: Stream over due to Lights Out rage quit

Bubba
07-20-2017, 01:59 PM
Picking this up today as it's my birthday on Saturday. I'm sure I'll be failing as bad as you guys by the evening.

fat_moogle
07-20-2017, 02:01 PM
I see your comment and that you're watching but this is my first time using twitch and I don't know how to reply xD

EDIT: Slippery Climb complete!

maybee
07-21-2017, 07:43 AM
Just got up to Slippery Climb, loving the music !

Formalhaut
07-21-2017, 09:41 PM
Made some major progress in Crash Bandicoot 1. I finally obtained the Red Gem from Slippery Climb and the Yellow Gem from The Lab. Only one coloured gem to go: the Purple Gem from Lights Out.

After this, just need to sweep the remaining levels that don't have their clear gems unlocked and I'll be able to get the true ending to Crash Bandicoot!

Scotty_ffgamer
07-21-2017, 11:05 PM
There is free dlc right now for a previously cut level for the first game if people are interested. I think it's only free for a little bit.

fat_moogle
07-21-2017, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Scotty! I'll have to download it while it's free. & Formy, I haven't even attempted to get any of the gems yet! I haven't played again since attempting Lights Out yesterday, and I let my cousin borrow the game tonight to get in on the CB action.

maybee
07-22-2017, 05:43 AM
There is free dlc right now for a previously cut level for the first game if people are interested. I think it's only free for a little bit.

I heard it's only free for the USA ? Might have to check it out still though.

Shauna
07-22-2017, 10:13 AM
100% clear CB. Stormy Ascent cleared with gem. 9 relics left to go. Not gonna get all the trophies becsuse forget getting gold+.

Then into Crash 2.

Mr. Carnelian
07-22-2017, 11:43 AM
I think Crash 2 is my favourite overall, so far.

Shauna
07-22-2017, 11:46 AM
Same tbh.

Update: slippery climb relic ez mode after all that gem running xD

Mr. Carnelian
07-22-2017, 11:50 AM
I love the music in the river levels of Crash 2. Funky.

KfvsXn7JiBE

Formalhaut
07-22-2017, 06:12 PM
Same tbh.

Update: slippery climb relic ez mode after all that gem running xD

I'm not even bothering with relics. Getting Gold or better on all the levels? You've got to be joking. I find even the Sapphires to be a decent enough challenge. On short-ish levels it's fine, but can you imagine having to repeat the Stormy Ascent relic forever? That sounds like hell.

Talking about the new Stormy Ascent DLC, I finally managed to complete it with the gem after a loss of about 20 lives, which, as far as I'm concerned, is decent going because I've heard people go from 99 to 30.

Shauna
07-22-2017, 06:23 PM
I just want it for the completionist sake, not for the trophies. Pass.

I have just two left - The High Road and Stormy Ascent. I have since given up and started on Crash 2, and am remembering all the secrets. I played these games too much probs.

Shauna
07-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Crash 2 100% as of now. I remembered all the secret path locations so pretty much had to do no backtracking, aside from the levels that needed a second run through.

Formalhaut
07-23-2017, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure whether others would agree but I would say Crash 2 is harder than Crash 1. Both have really tricky sections, but Crash 1 hands out lives like candy, while I'm generally always running on about 10 lives in the second game.

Shauna
07-23-2017, 10:41 PM
I got a few game overs myself!

Scotty_ffgamer
07-24-2017, 03:18 AM
I still haven't even finished the first crash since I keep getting sidetracked by persona 5. I'm interested to play crash 2 again because I don't seem to remember it as well. I'm sure it'll all come back to me as soon as I play it though as I remember crash 1 super well despite only playing through it all once. Guess I had to redo levels too many times.

I only owned crash bandicoot warped as a kid. I know it's already probably the easiest of the games, but I feel I can almost play that game blindfolded. I know I've at least been able to play orient express and midnight run with my eyes closed.

fat_moogle
07-24-2017, 02:53 PM
I finally just made it past Lights Out o.O

Oh fucking god I'm not in the mood for this game today. Fuck you, Crash fucking Bandicoot. Fuck you.

Shauna
07-27-2017, 10:43 PM
101% get for Crash 2! Some of those relics were toughies. But, on to the easy one and I'll be all done.

Bubba
07-28-2017, 07:23 AM
I'm about 50% of the way through Crash 1 now. As challenging as it is, I'm really enjoying it! Got the green gem, one of the keys and three bosses down.

MissH had a go on the level Cortex Power last night. 15/20 lives later and I'm glad I was in a position to protect my PS4 once she'd finished :lol:

maybee
07-28-2017, 10:16 PM
Need to get back on this, took a break. ^^;

maybee
08-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Just got up to the final boss on Crash 1 ! :jess:

maybee
08-10-2017, 10:45 AM
AHHHHH I DID EEEEEEEEEET !

Time for Crash 2

https://media2.giphy.com/media/BuEl6yEd7QY3C/giphy.gif

fat_moogle
08-10-2017, 12:12 PM
My Moogle hug was supposed to say I LOVE that gif! I failed. Congrats (on the completion of Crash 1 & your triple post :P)

I've not plays the game for about two weeks now. Will get back to it at some point.

Shauna
08-10-2017, 12:57 PM
I finished this as much as I care to. On to bigger and better things.

maybee
08-11-2017, 12:36 PM
My Moogle hug was supposed to say I LOVE that gif! I failed. Congrats (on the completion of Crash 1 & your triple post :P)

I've not plays the game for about two weeks now. Will get back to it at some point.

Cheers.

Just got up to the 4th Warp Room on CB2 and I'm dreading those Bee Levels. :ohdear: