PDA

View Full Version : What's up Buttercup?

Night Fury
06-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Hey.

What's going on with you recently? What have you been up to? Anything new in your life to share?

Bubba
06-24-2017, 10:45 AM
I recently achieved my heaviest lifetime weight. Yay me! I've put on two-and-a-half stone since last summer. I'm currently in training to lose about 30 pounds.

Shauna
06-24-2017, 10:53 AM
Honestly, no. xD

theundeadhero
06-24-2017, 10:59 AM
I haven't been absent from the forum for the last half a dozen years. I've just been too selective in where I talk, and most of that has been outside of GC.

Waiting out the Summer to finish up a degree from Saint Louis University. I'll have a BA in History with a minor in Theology, and from there I plan on banking my BA with military experience to get federal employment here.

Other than that...
my life is less exciting than than a can of Dr Pepper. I read, play games, and look at stuff on the internet. I don't have a lot of common interests so I don't make many friends to hang out with anymore. If it isn't WoW, Final Fantasy, or GoT I probably don't know much about it. Combine that with awful social skills and a general disinterest with the common person, and an exciting Friday night for me is ordering a pizza. I also never drink anymore, for those of you that remember my LJ days, because watching my dad turn into "functional" alcoholic over the last several years has been awful. I'm not afraid I will too, I don't drink because I literally have no desire for it anymore.

On happier notes, uh... I found copies of some old songs I recorded back in 2005 for an EOFF album yesterday that I thought were lost forever :)

fat_moogle
06-24-2017, 01:02 PM
^LJ days? Wait, you weren't L.J on FFXII.net, were you? If so, *mindblown*

Honestly, no. xD

This.

FFNut
06-24-2017, 01:23 PM
Nothing. Just working more then I would like to.

Shauna
06-24-2017, 01:24 PM
Oh! I forgot that I got to hang out with a really cool guy last weekend.

Dat Matt is wonderful to spend time with. :stare:

Bubba
06-24-2017, 01:33 PM

Aww really? You guys should have invited me!

theundeadhero
06-24-2017, 01:54 PM

Honestly, no. xD

This.

Nah, by LJ I meant on Live Journal.

fat_moogle
06-24-2017, 02:03 PM

Honestly, no. xD

This.

Nah, by LJ I meant on Live Journal.
Ah, fair enough! Well, thanks for clearing that up. I thought I'd jumped in to a time capsule for a moment there!

What was this site called in 2001? Was it still Eyes on?

theundeadhero
06-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Yep

fat_moogle
06-24-2017, 02:35 PM
Yep
I'm sorry that I've gone completely off topic here but it's impressive that this site has been able to remain this active for so many years!

Freya
06-24-2017, 03:16 PM
It's been here since... 98? Or 99? Long time for an active forum!

theundeadhero
06-24-2017, 03:16 PM
A lot of people have amazing memories of this place. I was just looking through some threads I made back in 2005, and couldn't help myself from literally lol'ing at everyone and everything. I wouldn't trade those times for anything.

More people come later and are making memories of their own. They're just as precious to them as the early memories are to others. Somehow, those amazing moments keep happening.

Shauna
06-24-2017, 03:28 PM
It just goes to show how a good community with a bunch o' laughs can keep you coming back.

starlet
06-24-2017, 03:56 PM
Nothing much, grooming doggos and sleeping a lot. Oh, I get to hang out with my mom tomorrow so that's cool I guess. I also managed to find a super cheap flight to Norway so I'm going in Oct for a couple weeks :love:

Darth Ganon
06-25-2017, 04:40 AM
my life is less exciting than than a can of Dr Pepper. I read, play games, and look at stuff on the internet. I don't have a lot of common interests so I don't make many friends to hang out with anymore. Combine that with awful social skills and a general disinterest with the common person, and an exciting Friday night for me is ordering a pizza.

Well what the heck am I supposed to post now? Except for the Dr. Pepper thing. A can of that stuff is pretty exciting for me.

Pumpkin
06-25-2017, 08:02 AM
Well I am on summer break from college now. Almost done the associate's level, moving on to my bachelors soon, at which point sharky and I may start planning a wedding, very excite. Still a bit of time to go though.

I have a bad back injury or something, so that's been a struggle, but I'm doing my best to exercise it even though it leads to a lot of pain.

Also I decided to start making my own little chibi figurines and I started practicing today by making Teepo from Tales of Xillia. It's certainly not great but it wasn't too bad for a first try and I learned some things so I can improve next time!

Other than that, mostly vidya and relaxing, enjoying my summer break

Night Fury
06-25-2017, 08:27 AM
I haven't been absent from the forum for the last half a dozen years. I've just been too selective in where I talk, and most of that has been outside of GC.

Waiting out the Summer to finish up a degree from Saint Louis University. I'll have a BA in History with a minor in Theology, and from there I plan on banking my BA with military experience to get federal employment here.

Other than that...
my life is less exciting than than a can of Dr Pepper. I read, play games, and look at stuff on the internet. I don't have a lot of common interests so I don't make many friends to hang out with anymore. If it isn't WoW, Final Fantasy, or GoT I probably don't know much about it. Combine that with awful social skills and a general disinterest with the common person, and an exciting Friday night for me is ordering a pizza. I also never drink anymore, for those of you that remember my LJ days, because watching my dad turn into "functional" alcoholic over the last several years has been awful. I'm not afraid I will too, I don't drink because I literally have no desire for it anymore.

On happier notes, uh... I found copies of some old songs I recorded back in 2005 for an EOFF album yesterday that I thought were lost forever :)

Hey, your Dr Pepper life sounds pretty cush to me! I don't get a whole lot of time to myself to be able to enjoy the small stuff - so I'm a bit jealous of you! That's awesome news about your degree, you smart cookie!

I don't drink much these days either. I think I have an alcohol intolerance because so many drinks I have will give me an instant migraine and knock me out into sleep - and not in a good way. Even a sniff of some drinks is enough.

Honestly, no. xD

:(

Nothing. Just working more then I would like to.

Where are you working now Nutty?

>.> Somehow I don't think you're talking about Matt!

A lot of people have amazing memories of this place. I was just looking through some threads I made back in 2005, and couldn't help myself from literally lol'ing at everyone and everything. I wouldn't trade those times for anything.

More people come later and are making memories of their own. They're just as precious to them as the early memories are to others. Somehow, those amazing moments keep happening.

I've only been here since 2012 but I've had a really good run I think.

It just goes to show how a good community with a bunch o' laughs can keep you coming back.

Indeed!

Nothing much, grooming doggos and sleeping a lot. Oh, I get to hang out with my mom tomorrow so that's cool I guess. I also managed to find a super cheap flight to Norway so I'm going in Oct for a couple weeks :love:

Aw man, that sounds sweet!

Well what the heck am I supposed to post now? Except for the Dr. Pepper thing. A can of that stuff is pretty exciting for me.

samesamesame

Well I am on summer break from college now. Almost done the associate's level, moving on to my bachelors soon, at which point sharky and I may start planning a wedding, very excite. Still a bit of time to go though.

I have a bad back injury or something, so that's been a struggle, but I'm doing my best to exercise it even though it leads to a lot of pain.

Also I decided to start making my own little chibi figurines and I started practicing today by making Teepo from Tales of Xillia. It's certainly not great but it wasn't too bad for a first try and I learned some things so I can improve next time!

Other than that, mostly vidya and relaxing, enjoying my summer break

Wow you're already almost at your BA? Wow time just flies eh? I hope your back gets better soon!

I recently achieved my heaviest lifetime weight. Yay me! I've put on two-and-a-half stone since last summer. I'm currently in training to lose about 30 pounds.

I wouldn't sweat it. If I've learned anything is that we gain weight and lose it and it's all just a cycle of growing up and changing shapes and life. They're all connected. You can do it! :)

Shauna
06-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Honestly, no. xD

I am not feeling particularly sad about it? But then I also fluctuate between feeling like I'm in that weird slump I was in last we spoke about life and not. Just workin' away, and enjoying myself there where I can and a whole bunch when I'm not.

[QUOTE=Shauna;3668420]Oh! I forgot that I got to hang out with a really cool guy last weekend.

oh you got me. Had a nice lunch and a few drinks with the ol' Bubster.

Formalhaut
06-25-2017, 12:04 PM

Whaaaa you need to show me!

As for me, um... not a lot, really. I live an exceptionally boring life. Which isn't a bad thing, I suppose. My job's going well, I guess.

Night Fury
06-25-2017, 12:06 PM
Honestly, no. xD

I am not feeling particularly sad about it? But then I also fluctuate between feeling like I'm in that weird slump I was in last we spoke about life and not. Just workin' away, and enjoying myself there where I can and a whole bunch when I'm not.

I feel very similar.

Like, it's weird because on paper I have a very good life! I have all of the things I was yearning for 6-8 months ago. I have a beautiful home, a stable full time job where I can utilise my creativity and help it grow - a career! I am doing okay financially.

But like, all of a sudden it's not enough and I want more. I think I just need to come to terms with this being who I am - I hit a milestone and then already want the next one and the next one.

As for me, um... not a lot, really. I live an exceptionally boring life. Which isn't a bad thing, I suppose. My job's going well, I guess.

You guess?

I don't know if I'm buying it - what's really going on?

FFNut
06-25-2017, 12:36 PM
Still working in oil and gas. Doing Instramentation. What that is , is I go to gas plants and oil batteries and calibrate all the little automatic switches that shut the lines down. All the measurement tools. Fix pumps. Fix valves. That kind of thing. Not very exciting but it keeps me busy.

FFNut
06-25-2017, 08:16 PM
Double post but I also got my grass in this weekend and planted an apple tree I bought.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii611/bmxman98/Mobile%20Uploads/A59D2ADF-A432-406D-8AAC-8836C99D1964_zps10tbdim3.jpg (http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/bmxman98/media/Mobile%20Uploads/A59D2ADF-A432-406D-8AAC-8836C99D1964_zps10tbdim3.jpg.html)

Formalhaut
06-25-2017, 09:08 PM
Oh, I just noticed the 'I guess' sounded suspicious. I'm actually really enjoying my job, I love working in the library service and I want to stay in libraries forever.

I kinda meant with that was my job's going well but that's literally the only thing that's happening with my life. I wish I was more interesting!

Lyndis Highwind
06-26-2017, 05:37 PM
I've mostly been trying to find a job and get into a more organized routine, and I want to start exercising too. Also have been trying to practice my drawing at least a little bit everyday. It's a bit of a struggle, but I'm working on it!

qwertysaur
06-27-2017, 12:26 AM
Aside from being super busy?

I got my Masters in Pure Mathematics

I am now proficient in Python, R and I'm learning SQL and Machine Learning, as well as about to learn swift for iOS development. I'm really excited about this, because at the end of the program I got into I will be releasing a full game.

I also have made a couple industry insiders at google and I may be soon working there.

theundeadhero
06-27-2017, 01:28 AM
^
EOFF's best Admin 2018, right there.

Bri
06-28-2017, 12:34 PM
Hi! Been so busy and I just had another baby boy about a week and a half ago. But now that I can relax a little I have time to come back and see what's new, who's new, and how's everyone and everything doing. I'm glad to hear you are doing much better and you deserve it for being patient and pushing yourself further when you needed to. I do hope you continue in your path with that positivity of yours and I do wish the same for everyone else.