PDA

View Full Version : An awesome idea

qwertysaur
06-28-2017, 07:17 AM
So as I've mentioned I've been learning programming skills and I'm going to be starting a bootcamp to learn iOS for game development. I keep thinking about how excited I am to be able to actually make my own games, but there are really big pieces that I'm missing. I am not an Artist, Writer or Musician.

But there are a lot of people here who are one or more of the above, and I think it would be a lot of fun to work with people from here and make something awesome.

Here is a list of things that will be needed. This is not all inclusive, but they are the key parts that I know I can't do.

Artist
Musician/Composer
Writer
Programmers (Android and Web Developer)

I'm going to reach out to a couple of people I know who may be interested in joining in as well, so if you know someone who may want to join feel free to send them here. :D

Fynn
06-28-2017, 08:02 AM
So I'm a writer both by hobby and by profession and would love to get into games. I'm also getting more into composing and would love to score a game, though I still lack reliable software that could make it sound better than the standard midi I have. I also draw characters a bit, but while I wouldn't be opposed to designing characters, the actual implementation of the art, plus general concept art, should probably be done by someone with more experience, so I don't think I can actually say I'd be able to make much of a difference in that regard :p

Scruffington
06-28-2017, 02:20 PM
So as I've mentioned I've been learning programming skills and I'm going to be starting a bootcamp to learn iOS for game development. I keep thinking about how excited I am to be able to actually make my own games, but there are really big pieces that I'm missing. I am not an Artist, Writer or Musician.

But there are a lot of people here who are one or more of the above, and I think it would be a lot of fun to work with people from here and make something awesome.

Here is a list of things that will be needed. This is not all inclusive, but they are the key parts that I know I can't do.

Artist
Musician/Composer
Writer
Programmers (Android and Web Developer)

I'm going to reach out to a couple of people I know who may be interested in joining in as well, so if you know someone who may want to join feel free to send them here. :D

Are there any ideas you have for what game you'd want to make?

I'd be interested in writing for it. Depends on what the project(s) would be about though. :P

Night Fury
06-28-2017, 03:15 PM
Count me as interested in the writing too!

krissy
06-28-2017, 03:18 PM
depending on the project i can help music

bandcamp is in my signature

this is my soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/krzyzis

qwertysaur
07-01-2017, 04:49 AM
So I'm a writer both by hobby and by profession and would love to get into games. I'm also getting more into composing and would love to score a game, though I still lack reliable software that could make it sound better than the standard midi I have. I also draw characters a bit, but while I wouldn't be opposed to designing characters, the actual implementation of the art, plus general concept art, should probably be done by someone with more experience, so I don't think I can actually say I'd be able to make much of a difference in that regard :p
That's ok with me. Are you willing to try using a digital medium? I love the writing samples you showed me.

Are there any ideas you have for what game you'd want to make?

I'd be interested in writing for it. Depends on what the project(s) would be about though. :P
It would be a collaboration so whatever comes will come. I'm really eager to just make something so it's open from there.

Count me as interested in the writing too!
Awesome

depending on the project i can help music

bandcamp is in my signature

this is my soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/krzyzis
holy shit that's amazing and beautiful.

One more thing is to keep everyone organized while doing this I think it's best to use both Slack and Trello. Slack is a group message service that you can integrate a ton of features. Trello is a taskboard where you can organize what needs to be done, and it integrates into slack very nicely. I use both and they are very user friendly.

Christmas
03-06-2023, 05:22 AM
Updates?