PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasy have you beaten the least amount of times?

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2017, 05:12 PM
Which one doesn't get enough love from you and why?

Fynn
06-29-2017, 05:14 PM
Ironically, XII. But that's because I have the least access to it. Maybe when the Zodiac Age comes out.

Also XIII, but that's because I can't possibly see myself playing that ever again.

theundeadhero
06-29-2017, 05:24 PM
XIII-2. It's the only one I've ever quit, mid-game. I've yet to finish it.

Lyndis Highwind
06-29-2017, 06:18 PM
I've actually beat most of them only once. I have so many games that I want to play, that I don't have a lot of time to replay old ones. I would've replayed XV though, but it was on loan unfortunately...

Fynn
06-29-2017, 06:28 PM

Actually, same.

Del Murder
06-29-2017, 06:54 PM
I've beaten a lot of them only once. I guess XII took me the longest to finish because I got sidetracked by monster hunts and exploration then forgot about the story and completely lost interest for about 2 years until I finally beat it.

Karifean
06-29-2017, 07:03 PM
IV, V, VI, XIII and XIII-2 I've all only played once. I started LR but quit after 2 hours so I guess there's that as well.

Galuf
06-29-2017, 07:14 PM
3 8 LR13 and 12. 12 is a game I like starting but never can be bothered finishing. Same with 5but to a lesser degree with that one

I guess though if you count starting but not beating then... XV. Because I absolutely despise the battle system and dumbass friends in dungeons. So I gave up when I lost like an hour progress because the 3 teammates decided to get stuck somewhere and not follow me leaving me with the worst part of the combat to myself. Shame. Really wanted to see leviathan

Pumpkin
06-30-2017, 03:54 AM

Actually, same.

Samesies

maybee
06-30-2017, 04:06 AM
III

Did it once, made a promise to NEVER AGAIN

Darth Ganon
06-30-2017, 05:19 AM
A few I have only beaten once.

FFXV, FFXIII Trilogy, FFV, FFVI, and FFIII.

FFXV just came out, so there hasn't been a reason for me to play again yet. I did play FFXIII a second time, but never finished it before FFXIII-2 came out. FFVI is a game I played a few times, but never my own copy until I finally grabbed the GBA version (I'm jonesing to play again soon). The PSOne version of FFV is the only one I played and I want to find the GBA version for another go.

FFXII I have beaten twice (the second time to try the Zodiac Spear and get 100%) as well as FFX-2 (again, a missable/100% issue).

The first two Final Fantasy games I haven't beaten at all. FFII because oh God the grinding and FFI just because I haven't gotten to it.

Colonel Angus
06-30-2017, 05:21 AM
III i've only beaten once.

Rez09
06-30-2017, 06:12 AM
Probably . . . 2? I think I've only finished that once, though I've started it at least half a dozen times. It has some great ideas, but, sadly, the execution leaves a quite a bit to be desired.

Yubel-Lover
06-30-2017, 10:01 AM
FFIV. Only finished it once. I'm not counting the XIII Trilogy because I plan on playing it again after I beat LR.

Shiva95
06-30-2017, 12:34 PM
FFVIII. I only finished it once. I didn't enjoy it as much as the others.

Psychotic
06-30-2017, 01:23 PM
Not including side games, XII and XIII, once apiece. It's safe to say I was not a big fan of either.

Bubba
06-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Not counting the ones I haven't played, I've only beaten FFII and FFX once. I may very well play the latter again at some point. I will NOT be playing FFII again. That thought makes me happy.

Wolf Kanno
06-30-2017, 06:51 PM
XII and XIII would be my top choices. XII, I always start new games, but then get distracted by newer games and then I leave it for a few months and decided to start a fresh file instead.

XIII, well I strongly dislike that game and have no real desire to ever go back to it. Once was enough, and I don't even want to bother with its sequels.

The other major title I can think of is Tactics Advanced, where I simply get distracted too easily from it and I still have some major gripes with its mechanics, and X-2 where I've tried a second playthrough, but just can't get over how awful the writing is and my total apathy for Spira in general, even the job class system can't save how dumb I think this game is.

FFNut
07-01-2017, 05:05 AM
For me it is easy XIII I suffered through once and will not play any sequels. Nothing about XIII in my opinion was decent and will not go back to it ever. It ranks up with Secret of the Stars awful. Guess I haven't beaten XV yet but do enjoy it whenever I turn it on. Also am grinding through XIV which I was presently surprised by.

BustaMo
07-25-2017, 07:07 AM
There's a few I haven't played yet or completed like the 1st 4 games in the series. But of the ones I have, I've only played and attempted 1 play-through on FFV, FFVIII, and FFX-2. All others I've beaten multiple times or at least TRIED to give it a 2nd play-through.