PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania on Netflix

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-08-2017, 12:31 PM
I love this show. I think they absolutely nailed what I was hoping for.

It's based on Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, and I'd say it's worth a watch not only to fans of the game, but for horror fans or fans of dark themes in general. They really do the source material a good service.

The characters are nuanced. They didn't go for a cookie cutter hero vs villain scenario. Trevor Belmont has flaws and he's not just an "I'll save you, fair damsel!" kind of guy. And even though Dracula is a villain, we do get a look at his motivations which go deeper than being some bored immortal. There's even an undercurrent of science vs religion, and people being afraid of what they don't understand.

It's an easy binge watch with only 4 episodes, but season 2 has already been confirmed.

theundeadhero
07-08-2017, 02:16 PM
I remember hearing about this a while back and wanting to watch it. I had no idea it was already out.

krissy
07-10-2017, 02:32 PM
its great

but usually anythign warren ellis puts his little fingers in ends up being great

Rostum
07-17-2017, 12:03 PM
I'm enjoying it. Other than the amazing into credits, the animation is a bit stiff and lacking - but the story can make up for it.

I wish they held out until it was a full 8-12 episode season. How long until season 2?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-17-2017, 02:42 PM
How long until season 2?

It's unannounced, but most likely we'll see a 2018 release. Though I did read somewhere we'll have 8 episodes instead of 4.

krissy
07-17-2017, 03:06 PM
2018 in the year of your lord
it is time for me to sleep for a year, then

ham
07-19-2017, 06:53 AM
I really enjoyed the series and I wished they dragged it out a bit more.

I can't wait for the second season to come out!

Del Murder
07-23-2017, 05:05 AM
It's more graphic than I expected. I guess I'm used to the less detailed graphics of the NES days.

All the tie-ins with Castlevania 3 are super cool.

Citizen
07-23-2017, 09:10 AM
I hadn't anticipated the Castlevania III tie-in, but when he rescued Sypha and found Alucard, I was like "Oh, damn. This is where they were going with this." Plenty of room to have effed this up, but I thought they nailed it.