PDA

View Full Version : I just broke a cup.

fat_moogle
07-13-2017, 07:37 PM
Literally threw it against the wall after losing on Tekken 7. Like, seriously. Has gaming ever made you break anything?

Shauna
07-13-2017, 08:05 PM
only friendships

Fynn
07-13-2017, 08:22 PM
Never. I express my rage through other means.

Jinx
07-13-2017, 09:31 PM
my sanity

fat_moogle
07-13-2017, 09:32 PM
only friendships
Who needs them.

Never. I express my rage through other means.

my sanity
Is that a yes?!

Pumpkin
07-13-2017, 09:59 PM
I've broken game discs before because they wouldn't play or would get stuck. That's when I was younger though

Wolf Kanno
07-13-2017, 10:33 PM
Controllers, I don't own the original controls for my PS1 or 2 because of Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Guilty Gear XX. Mega Man X didn't help either. I have also come to close to serious fisticuffs with friends over fighting games, which is another reason why I don't play those games anymore.

fat_moogle
07-14-2017, 02:40 AM
I've broken game discs before because they wouldn't play or would get stuck. That's when I was younger though
I can say that I've never done that!

Controllers, I don't own the original controls for my PS1 or 2 because of Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Guilty Gear XX. Mega Man X didn't help either. I have also come to close to serious fisticuffs with friends over fighting games, which is another reason why I don't play those games anymore.
I've never broke a controller, but I have thrown them. Once I threw my DS3 when playing Tekken 5 (there's a trend here) on PS3 and my PSP took a direct hit, completely cracking the screen the day before Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core released. I was devastated!

Darth Ganon
07-14-2017, 05:31 AM
My spirit. Maybe some blood vessels somewhere.

Oh, and some skin late at night when chocobo racing in FFX absolutely pushed me over the edge.

These days I just tend to break the third commandment when I get really irritated.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-14-2017, 05:35 PM
I just yell a lot, and bitch at the game for "not reading my inputs."

It's amazing how typically responsive controls get really sloppy the split second before I die. :shifty:

This is an even more tempting online, where there can be an actual lag issue that takes getting used to. I'm still struggling in Tekken. I'm used to being able to bait out things and respond in time offline, but it doesn't work that way online so well. :shrug:

BustaMo
07-25-2017, 03:27 PM
I never got like this and as animated during games with swearing and throwing controllers until I played Madden games. I would try to jack up the difficulty a bit or play against someone online and just small frustrations turned into violent fits of rage between me and my phone or my PS or Xbox controllers. I've calmed down a bit since my college years when it was at its worst, but I can still get heated during online Call of Duty play every now and then.

Bubba
07-26-2017, 08:34 PM
I broke a couple of PS3 controllers when I used to play FIFA a lot. I then took to punching a cushion on the sofa as it did less damage. I eventually realised that FIFA is not good for my rage so I don't play it any more.

Jinx
07-26-2017, 09:09 PM
one time i got so mad at a game i knocked a plate of tendies right out of my mom's hands

Rocket Edge
07-27-2017, 08:48 AM
I once punched a wall after losing in Tekken 6.

Edge7
07-27-2017, 10:01 PM
Not out of rage, but once I was so desperate to kill Beowulf in Devil May Cry 3 that I broke my Square Button trying to chip his health away from a distance. (For those who haven't played DMC3; a single press of the square button fires 1 bullet, which takes away a couple hit points at a time. I tried to mash through about an eight of his health away)

Vyk
08-12-2017, 05:17 PM
I can't remember specifics, which seems weird to me, because I feel like I've done this multiple times. But I dunno.. I know I've punched the floor, and regretted it. I also know I've broken objects that had nothing to do with the situation. But I also remember the weight of that decision, where something that had nothing to do with pissing me off, and once served a purpose, is now in pieces on the floor and has been reduced to garbage. I've always hated that feeling. So I guess nature guilted me into behaving like a normal human when I was young enough to have forgotten by now

Though my brother never grew out of it. And he's quite a bit older than me. When I was still living at home (which was really only just a few years ago), he went through I think 6 or 7 360 controllers over the course of a couple of years. And worse than that he went through 2 laptops. Stuff like that probably also helped convince me to adjust my anger issues

But at some point in my life I've also adopted an attitude of never ever making quick decisions while emotionally charged. It can ruin more than a controller in certain situations. Not sure why I got so paranoid about that, but it's probably a good thing. On the whole I try to pretty much ignore my baser instincts and think things through as much as possible with a calm level head

Another amusing thing is that almost every time I struggle with a section in a game, I usually end up having to use the restroom really badly, and it's like "Screw you, bladder. I'll tend to you when I beat this section." Which rarely works out, and serves as a good minute or so of away time and relief. Which probably also helps the mind

qwertysaur
08-12-2017, 06:27 PM
I played Sonic 06. :(

Loony BoB
08-12-2017, 07:06 PM
People actually do that throwing of controllers/cups stuff? I thought that was all a meme. Y'all need anger management.

If I get angry I eat chocolate, clean or punch a cushion/pillow. I don't want to literally have to pay for my anger.

Galuf
08-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Only really in multiplayer games that are pvp do I get angry that much which why I stopped with all that halo or destiny rubbish. Think once I threw my controller by accident. Didnae break though gladly. But that wasnt even due to the game. That was due to trying to get money onto my ps4 account to get FFXIV stormblood. Everything was not working lol so yeah.

Lyndis Highwind
08-12-2017, 10:04 PM
I played Sonic 06. :(

Oh my goodness. I'm sorry.