PDA

View Full Version : Something needs to be done

Levian
07-29-2017, 12:41 AM
I was looking back at some old posts just now, feeling like they were quite fresh in mind. Maybe they were posted a few months ago? Yeah, maybe I dropped by around easter to post a litt-NO SIR! THEY WERE POSTED IN 2015! What's up with that? and why is time passing faster than I'm able to deal with it?

This applies to real life for me as well, some close friends of mine I haven't spoken to in a year, or more. Still it feels like last month. I hope time passes just as quick for them, otherwise they might think I'm a contact-severing jerk, running around snipping bonds of friendship with my rusty friendship-wrecking scissors. :( We're halfway into 2017 and I still haven't accepted the transitioning from 2016. That year isn't DONE YET! :mad2:

How are you dealing with the passing of time? Are you a hopeless time wreck like me, or are you all caught up?

qwertysaur
07-29-2017, 01:42 AM
Well I have a masters degree in Mathematics, I'm a professor of Mathematics at Lehman College, and I might have a job at google. Also I'm building an iPhone game that's really exciting because it showcases how I can do so much with only 1 month of coding experience in Swift.

Time does seem to fly by now. In 2015 I wasn't even started with graduate school and now it's like I live in a different world!

Darth Ganon
07-29-2017, 04:23 AM
It doesn't feel like it was that long ago that I was leaving high school. Now I'm nearing 33. But at the same time it feels like forever ago. The ludicrous flow of time still bothers me, but I know I can't fight it so at this point I'm just along for the ride. Hoping for as few bumps as possible.

Also, A- for the LOST reference. Would have been an A+ were it not for the wrong scene being used for the quote. :colbert:

Bubba
07-29-2017, 07:31 AM
When you reach your thirties it's literally...

"Show lots of things, happening at once
to show it all would take to lonnnng
That's called a montaaaaage!"

LunarWeaver
07-29-2017, 09:22 AM
The passage of time and depths of the ocean are my two greatest enemies and fears. :ohdear:

I must confess at 31 nothing turned out as I expected. It wasn't all bad, wasn't all good. That's life, I suppose. I think throughout my 20's I always waited to cross a magical line where I became an adult. Then I realized there is no line, nobody knows what's going down, and we're all just doing our best.

Skyblade
08-01-2017, 05:14 AM
When you're eight, a year is one-eighth of your life. It's a huge portion. When you're thirty, it's a much smaller part of your total experience. Your reference expands, and the time seems smaller in comparison. If you lived to a million years, a year would zip by like a second to your expanded perspective.

Laddy
08-01-2017, 07:17 AM
I'm 23 and still one of the insufferable kids on this damned website

Psychotic
08-01-2017, 07:24 AM
This month I will have been at this damn site for 15 years, aka half my life. I have no words.

Mr. Carnelian
08-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Maybe it's just because I'm young (hey, I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22, because I am), but this is one of those things I've never really understood. I mean, sometimes it feels like some point in the past wasn't quite as long ago as it was, but I've never thought something as extreme as, say, "oh yeah, 2010 was only yesterday". A year has always felt like a long time to me, and it doesn't really feel like my experience of the length of a year has gotten much longer or shorter over time, at least not as far as I can remember.

Skyblade
08-01-2017, 10:29 AM
The great thing is that if the old posts DIDN'T feel fresh in your mind...you'd still feel old 'cause "oh my gosh, it feels like ages ago".

There's no winning there.

Fynn
08-01-2017, 10:47 AM
I feel like this all depends on when you're thinking about things. Like, now it's summer so any Christmas feels far away, but my summer trip to Barcelona feels like it could have happened yesterday, while it was in fact three years ago.

Del Murder
08-02-2017, 05:06 PM
I only notice time passing when I get a haircut, by the increasing number of grays I see fall to the floor.

Arc_Master_14
08-03-2017, 04:05 AM
I've been off an on here for a long time, generally lurking but I was still in school in 2015 and now I'm applying to 8 billion jobs and am engaged.

BustaMo
08-03-2017, 08:52 PM
I never though of it that way. Been 12 years since I joined and I'm 31, so over a third of my life. (even if I mostly just lurked)

Time flies like crazy, so makes me wonder what the next 12+ years will bring...

Denmark
08-04-2017, 08:10 PM
This month I will have been at this damn site for 15 years, aka half my life. I have no words.

noob

but yeah holy moly it's already august, when did that happen

Miriel
08-10-2017, 06:10 AM

Holy smokes I'm at 15 years too. Crazy pants! 😱

Also, hiii Levian, I hope life is treating you well.

T-MaN
08-18-2017, 04:09 AM
I just logged in again after a 6 year hiatus? Not sure why, maybe I just missed the friends I made on here. However, it does make one realize the effect of time. Where does the time go?

Some are married with kids, others have made poor choices and ended up in prison. Some are alive, others have moved on. Yet it was only a few years ago we were all kids looking forward to start life's grand adventure.

Del Murder
08-21-2017, 10:09 PM
Some are married with kids, others have made poor choices and ended up in prison.
Thank you for putting 'poor choices' only in your second clause.

Anyway, which EoFFers are in prison??

Sephex
08-24-2017, 12:42 AM
I'm 35. Time itself is now a black hole. People old enough to remember my little sister: she is 24 now. I was 18 when I first joined this site. I got into a conversation at a con with two younger looking women. I honestly thought it was a big sister, little sister situation. After talking for awhile in a line (or queue if you are not US man [or "Q" if you are from the Continuum]) I found out that the older one was 40. The younger one? 15. It was a mother and daughter combo. It was then that I realized that I reached the point where people who roughly look my age or are my age have pretty old kids now. When we were talking Zelda, I told the daughter that I was 17 and a Junior in High School when I played Ocarina of Time when it was new. She looked at me like I was selling Life Alert.