PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy of the Dead

Wolf Kanno
07-30-2017, 07:56 AM
This thought just occurred to me, and I know the Remake of FFII already kind of did this, but I thought it would be interesting if Squenix made a spinoff game for the series where all of the playable characters were playable characters that had died from the series. So imagine a game where you can build a party of Galuf, Aerith, Auron, and Reks; or perhaps Minwu, Tellah, General Leo, and Vivi. The game would be about their adventures in the FF afterlife and it could be totally tongue in cheek about the series.

Bubba
07-30-2017, 09:23 AM
Vivi... dies?

Sephiroth
07-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Vivi... dies?

It is never actually shown but people take it for granted because you see his children and one comment at the very end of the game, which could basically also be from Kuja, is seen from people as his words.

Karifean
07-30-2017, 03:07 PM
That sounds like a fun idea.

The game could even include Gilgamesh as a playable character then, from after his journey through all the different multiverses has already ended.

Galuf
07-30-2017, 06:12 PM
Galuf lives! Dont believe Exdeaths lies!

Wolf Kanno
07-30-2017, 06:45 PM
Vivi... dies?

Yes the ending monologue is from Vivi, it's hard to tell in translated versions, but in the Japanese versions, the monologue uses pronouns and a speech pattern only used by Vivi in the game, so most fans conclude it's his farewell speech to the team.

Sephiroth
07-31-2017, 01:39 AM
Vivi... dies?

Yes the ending monologue is from Vivi, it's hard to tell in translated versions, but in the Japanese versions, the monologue uses pronouns and a speech pattern only used by Vivi in the game, so most fans conclude it's his farewell speech to the team.

Guess I have to pull out my Japanese version again and check that. Must have been a decade.

Forsaken Lover
07-31-2017, 06:29 AM
A team of Shadow and Aerith sounds pretty good.

But not that many FF characters have died in more recent games this thread made me realize.

Sephiroth
07-31-2017, 01:25 PM
I miss Noctis in this list.

Psychotic
07-31-2017, 03:01 PM
Do Petrified characters count? Because I'd love to play as Seto.

qwertysaur
07-31-2017, 03:15 PM
I wonder, would Queen Bhrane and Garnet's mother have a scene together?