PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasy has the best Soundtrack?

Wolf Kanno
07-31-2017, 05:01 PM
Which game in the franchise has the best soundtrack?

Karifean
07-31-2017, 06:17 PM
Gotta be VIII.

LunarWeaver
07-31-2017, 06:46 PM
I feel like he really went all out with VI and IX. I give the edge to IX for me.

Darth Ganon
07-31-2017, 08:20 PM
Multiple choice poll? I'll resist the temptation.

FFVIII of course.

Forsaken Lover
07-31-2017, 09:44 PM
What's with the total lack of appreciation for VII so far? I voted for it and IX. They both have an amazing array of every type of game music you could want. Excellent character themes, excellent dungeon themes, excellent town themes, excellent battle themes....

Galuf
08-01-2017, 05:36 PM
Definatly ffv. Beats everything in most categories. Except from town and normal battle kusic, which ff2 beats in that category

Oh and boss music goes to IX. But everything else is V

charliepanayi
08-01-2017, 07:28 PM
VIII or IX, VIII or IX, VIII or IX....

OK, I chose IX. But FFVIII's soundtrack is almost as amazing.

Loony BoB
08-01-2017, 09:04 PM
XII and VII. If I had to pick one I'd proooobably go for XII.

Jinx
08-01-2017, 09:10 PM
I chose both VII and IX, as I genuinely can't decide which is better. Basically everything Forsaken Lover said. If it had been a single option poll, I'd would probably have chosen VII for the nostalgia. Also, goddamn, the game sounds beautiful even when 99% of the music are MIDI files, dude. Also, I've probably told my week of insomnia story on this forum a few times, but my senior year of high school I got really sick and couldn't really sleep for a week. Nothing more than an hour at a time, two or three hours a night if I was lucky. It physically made me ill (which just made sleeping harder), and I was on edge, as you can imagine. Flowers Blooming in the Church relaxed the shit out of me and was one of the few things that put me in a restful--if not sleeping--state. Even now, when I hear that song I get so relaxed. And I don't really like Aeris' Theme, but that sunshiney remix of it is everything.

Laddy
08-02-2017, 03:37 AM
Unpopular opinion, but X is my favorite because it's so...ephemeral. A mix of calming and despair

Forsaken Lover
08-02-2017, 04:42 AM
Unpopular opinion, but X is my favorite because it's so...ephemeral. A mix of calming and despair

Hardly unpopular. X has a fantastic soundtrack.

It's just that this is a competition between the best of the best. It's hard to choose.

Shiva95
08-02-2017, 12:34 PM
I voted for FFVI and for FFXV, I couldn't choose. FFVI, because I feel like the characters' themes truly describe them, like we could hear their backstory through it, and the other games never gave me that vibe. And FFXV, because the entire soundtrack is so beautiful, and we can hear the tragedy through it.

Sefie1999AD
08-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Final Fantasy IX for me. A very beautiful, grandiose soundtrack that suits the game's fantasy world extremely well, covers plenty of different musical styles, has enjoyable character themes, is a tribute to previous FF soundtracks and contains fully orchestral scores for each FMV sequence. The only FF that comes even close is Final Fantasy VI, although FFs VII and VIII also had enjoyable soundtracks.

BustaMo
08-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Have a tie for me between FFVI and FFX.

For FFVI it was the many character themes. Even after not having played the game in 12 almost 13 years, I can still here a tad bit of one of the character themes and instantly pick out which member it introduced.

FFX was an overall masterpiece when it came to music. Every venue and every big event had it's momentous jingle and tune that livened the scene up 100-fold. Hands down probably my favorite soundtrack and music-piece, but I had to show some love to FFVI.

WarZidane
08-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Tough for me to say between FFXIV and Type-0, FFXIV has a bit of an unfair advantage because it's basically multiple games at this point and the good music keeps piling up with every patch/expansion.

So I'll give the nod to Type-0 for that and because it could use some more recognition.