PDA

View Full Version : After FFVII, which FF game when you like to see a remake of?

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Once the VII Remake comes out, and if Squenix is still feeling excited about doing such projects, which FF game do you feel they should do next?

Psychotic
08-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Tricky choice between V and VI, but I think it would suit VI's style a lot better.

LunarWeaver
08-01-2017, 05:13 PM
VIII needs some love.

Vermachtnis
08-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Mystic Quest is already very tongue in cheek. Everyone's more sarcastic now and it could come back as a full parody of not just FF and JRPGs but games in general.

Edge7
08-01-2017, 06:17 PM
I feel like I've said this before, but I'd love to see a bonafide remake of FFVI; it could be done realistically like the FFVII remake, but I'd actually rather see it done in a pseudo-retro way like Square's upcoming Octopath Traveler. I feel like that's a controversial opinion, but a huge appeal of FFVI for me was its sprite work, and I loved old PS1 RPGs that had 2D sprites explore 3D environments (also SaGa Frontier's cool rotating camera during battles). Remaking it as something that could only be done with todays technology but still feeling decidedly retro is definitely one of my favorite graphical trends. It'd also be awesome if they added ideas from other Final Fantasy games like swapping party members on the fly.

As a runner-up, I thought about voting for Final Fantasy V, but I think it's in a comfortable spot as a hardcore, old-school RPG for hardcore old-school RPG fans.

Jinx
08-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Death to anyone who says IX. That game is perfect.

For me: VI. Because I have no interest in playing a sprite game, but it's supposedly one of the best games in the series.

Darth Ganon
08-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Other: Final Fantasy II

For no other reason than to fix the level-up system because damn.

Crop
08-01-2017, 08:31 PM
By the time FFVII gets around to being released, I think it'd be about time for another release of FFX and XII.

Loony BoB
08-01-2017, 08:46 PM
I went with VIII, but I could have gone for VI or IX. V is one of my favourite Final Fantasy games but I'm not certain how well it would fare with a 3D remake. I feel like it doesn't have the right kind of story and atmosphere to justify a modern AAA style getup.

Bubba
08-02-2017, 04:41 PM
VI & VIII are the obvious choices. It's just whether SE see it as worth their while.

I love all three PS1 era numbered entries. I think the fan base for FFVII far outstrips the other two though.

Shiva95
08-03-2017, 12:39 PM
FFVI. It's one of the few games that are still in 2D, and for me, it's truly the best FF game. I want the characters to have voices so badly, and to see the cutscenes in high quality so much, too.

Spuuky
08-03-2017, 04:38 PM
FFVI doesn't need a remake. Among the games with a strong enough base to bother with, I think FFT could use the most "updating" with modern conveniences of UI/etc.

BustaMo
08-03-2017, 09:18 PM
That's a tough choice. Any of the older ones I would definitely replay in newer graphics as long as the plot was not tampered with at all. I was going to vote for either 5 or 6, but then saw 9 which is one of my all-time favorites, and would love to see updated graphics and hear the characters voices!

FFIX got my vote.

Example
08-04-2017, 06:38 AM
Why is Crisis Core on that list? :mad2: That's certainly one thing I hope will be retconned by the VII remake.

Anyway I'd choose either VIII or IX. Both games had issues with their gameplay that could easily be fixed by a remake, plus they'd look just as beautiful if not even more so than VII if remade with HD graphics.

Honestly speaking though, Square needs to spend more time and money coming up with new ideas instead of recycling old ones.

Rez09
08-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Final Fantasy II is the only one I really feel needs a remake -- there are just so many great ideas in the game that weren't properly realized and I'd love to see the story, locations, and characters expanded on.

Formalhaut
08-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Went with FFVI because - like Jinx said - it's apparently a great game but has forever been in sprite format. If they didn't want to do an older game, then FFVIII is the game that makes the most sense to remake.

Aulayna
08-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Other: Final Fantasy All The Bravest

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/925/494/218.png_large

Peter1986
08-14-2017, 05:58 PM
To be honest, I have always felt that "Final Fantasy 3" should have been a part of the Final Fantasy Origins collection.
I have no idea why a regular remake of that game in the same style as the original version for the Famicom is so taboo.

The only traditional remake of that game that I have seen is that one for the WonderSwan Color (https://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/wsff3-official1.jpg), but apparently that version wasn't even finished.
Seriously, what's the problem?

Wolf Kanno
08-14-2017, 07:38 PM
The Origins collection were basically ports of the WonderSwan version but III couldn't be finished due to the limitations of the WonderSwan and SE didn't really want to finish it by this point because they moved onto the SNES games for the GBA.

Peter1986
08-14-2017, 08:11 PM
The Origins collection were basically ports of the WonderSwan version but III couldn't be finished due to the limitations of the WonderSwan and SE didn't really want to finish it by this point because they moved onto the SNES games for the GBA.
Okay.
It does kinda bother me a bit though, because I have a feeling that FF3 would be an awesome experience if it was remade like the Origins versions;
kind of like the experience of playing the Super Mario All-Stars version of "Super Mario Bros.", which was a truly excellent remake.

I guess I should try out the 3D version of FF3 sometime, and see if it lives up to the version on the Famicom.

Rostum
08-24-2017, 10:36 PM
I put IX but I would be just as happy with VI.

Colonel Angus
08-25-2017, 03:46 AM
MQ

Sephiroth
08-25-2017, 10:42 AM
Why is Crisis Core on that list? :mad2: That's certainly one thing I hope will be retconned by the VII remake.

Yeah, sure. Because they make a whole Compilation just to treat it like that. I remember the beginning of this year when people took Nomura-san's comment about the Compilation totally out of context and then came out with their silly comments and videos about how he admitted it was all a mistake and not canonical. If anything these things get retconned in terms f being modified.

For me the next remake should be VI but I still want to see V.

Shaymin
08-28-2017, 07:31 AM
I would be happy if 7-9 got the HD Remaster treatment instead of actually changing the games.

I'd love to see FF6 my favorite FF get some more love, but Im scared they'll screw it up.

Krizzy
12-02-2017, 06:35 AM
Sad, I can't vote anymore since the poll is closed...

It should be FF VI. IGN ranked it the best RPG of all time anyway :)

I want to see the amazing characters in 3D, especially the opera part.

I always read FF VI fanfics and it's hard to imagine the characters since they're just 16 bit sprite, I don't even know what they exactly look like (except for Terra since she's in Dissidia)

I would die happy if this happened!

maybee
12-02-2017, 06:58 AM
FFV with the GBA translation on the 3 DS or Nintendo Switch/ PS4 or something.

Please SE.

Been begging since after playing FF4/ FF3 DS.

Why you no return love ?

https://78.media.tumblr.com/22bee168ebcb16ccb3e42707e48a918b/tumblr_inline_n8bybeL4xr1rj97y1.jpg

Krizzy
12-02-2017, 02:32 PM
FFV with the GBA translation on the 3 DS or Nintendo Switch/ PS4 or something.

Please SE.

Been begging since after playing FF4/ FF3 DS.

Why you no return love ?

I like FF V as well, I think it has a lot of potential, if only there were more dialogues...
Would be nice to see a DS remake of this.

Mercen-X
12-04-2017, 05:10 PM
What would it look like if VI and VIII combined?

Krizzy
12-05-2017, 12:43 PM
What would it look like if VI and VIII combined?

If the characters of VI went to the world of VIII, would be ok I think, of course don't forget Kefka!

Rocket Edge
12-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Yeah I can't vote either but it would go towards VIII.