PDA

View Full Version : Mafia XIII: Dad Mafia Game Thread - Hello, Mafia, I'm Dad

[M] Mom – Host
07-31-2017, 06:43 AM
Poor Carl, he wasn't everyone's favorite dad. His grilling skills weren't especially notable, he wasn't very good with a lawnmower, and he always found himself losing in Fantasy Football. But no one expected him to be offensive enough to be killed - choked by his own fanny pack strap. Using your Dad Senses, it's up to you to found out which Bad Dads are responsible for this madness and take them to Dad Court where they can undergo Dad Justice.

The accounts in play are:

1. [M] Greg - Hot Dad
2. [M] Harry - Dad's Dad
3. [M] Jeff - Single Dad
4. [M] Joe - Army Dad
5. [M] Kurt - Cool Dad
6. [M] Paul - Rich Dad
7. [M] Walter - Smart Dad

Day 0: 7 Dads Remain

Your goal today? Vote for a dad. Any dad. After 24 hours have passed or we have reached a majority, the first day will begin and you will get your role PM's.
The dad who gets the most votes will get a secret prize. You cannot unvote once you have cast it.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
07-31-2017, 05:32 PM
Hello there

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
07-31-2017, 06:15 PM
Yo. How's everyone doing?

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
07-31-2017, 07:15 PM
Vote for me and I will make you rich.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
07-31-2017, 07:34 PM
##Vote: Greg

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
07-31-2017, 11:55 PM
​##Vote: Joe

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-01-2017, 01:11 AM

[M] Mom – Host
08-01-2017, 04:24 AM
2 [M] Greg - [M] Jeff, [M] Kurt
1 [M] Joe - [M] Harry

2 hours, 20 minutes left until we decide the ~winner~

[M] Mom – Host
08-01-2017, 06:43 AM
Day zero has commenced.

Greg, with the power off his hotness, has managed to sway the dads to grant him a unique ability. He is immune to all votes for the first day, though will resume as normal thereafter. Day 1 has now begun and will last 48 hours. It takes 4 to kill.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Let's get these bad dads.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-01-2017, 12:20 PM
Alright let's get this started.

##Vote: Paul

Bribery is not cool man.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
08-01-2017, 12:47 PM

I don't like his face. I like good looking people. Good looking dads have good looking kids

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
08-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Walter - Smart Dad;3671937']Let's get these bad dads.

I'm just as good a dad as the rest of you. I do things I'm not proud of, but it's for the good of the children. I thought I'd share this all with you. Whoever isn't moved by the video is surely the dads we're looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bdm4NBYxII

Laddy
08-02-2017, 04:37 PM
[2] Paul - Greg, Jeff

14 hours left

[M] Joe - Army Dad
08-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Hello there! Sorry I've not been around. It's the Summer Holidays, the kids are off, and I'm currently on leave from doing my patriotic duty for Murrica'. Kids, am I right? Always after my time.

Damn shame about Carl. He might've been a pretty lackluster excuse for a parent, but no-one deserves to go out like that. Ain't right. As for this whole 'voting' thing, can't see why we can't just have a good ol' fistfight and sort it out that way. All this 'democracy', when what we need is a clenched fist of justice.

Ah, nevermind. If this is the way it's gonna be, ##VOTE: Walter

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Here we go then, eh? You'll have to forgive this old man for being late today, gotta get all the rest I can.

Now, the first day's a crapshoot anyway but out of all the faces I see in here, Kurt's looks the most like the kind of man who could choke poor Carl to death with a fanny pack strap, so...

##Vote: Kurt

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Hmm, Kurt, you still there?

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-03-2017, 02:53 AM
No response huh...

##Vote: Kurt

Dads can't be this neglectful in their daily lives!

[M] Paul - Rich Dad
08-03-2017, 04:06 AM
I'll be honest with ya, I don't know whether Kurt's the man we're looking for or not. But I do know the current situation indicates it's either him or me that's going to be biting the dust today. And I'm going to do everything I can to fight to stay with my family.

##Vote:Kurt

I hope you're the one we're looking for. I don't want to have to face the kids if I'm wrong.

[M] Mom – Host
08-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Day 1 has ended!

Kurt was silent all game, how incredibly mysterious! For being so cool, maybe he was trying to play up the Strong, Silent, Type. Whatever the reason, he certainly wasn't impressing anyone at the investigative cookout, so they stuck him in the attack and didn't let him touch the Thermostat, killing him slowly and painfully.

[M] Kurt was a Rad Dad "played" by Scruffington. Thanks for playing...? Night Time will last 24 hours or until all night action are received.

[M] Mom – Host
08-04-2017, 09:50 AM
The weekly grill-out seemed rather empty, almost as if some of the dad weren't able to make it, but who would miss it? After much searching, some concerns were aroused. Jogging in a single-file line (and making good time!) the dads found a grisly discovery in the marina, the sound of Jimmy Buffet ominously playing over the loud speaker of the dock.

Paul - Rich Dad was hung by his own gold chains at the bow of his yacht, a poor fate for such a Rad Dad played by Sarisa! Better luck next time.

Day 2 starts now and will last 48 hours. 5 dads are left, it takes three to majority lynch.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
08-04-2017, 12:45 PM
Alright guys, we need to buckle down before more kids are found childless

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Agreed, we need more dadtivity in here, it's hard to get a read on anyone as it is

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Two Rad Dads gone without much scum hunting. We need to get to business

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Which means stirring the pot a bit, so I'll start, Walter's been very quiet yet not completely absent all game.

##Vote: Walter

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Ahhh a good pot stir. I haven't been as busy in game due to being very busy out of game. Plus day one no one was talking much.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Though Harry just voted for me I think he is innocent.

Paul is giving me a vibe so...

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Paul is sadly very dead and innocent.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Well do I feel silly.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-04-2017, 04:56 PM
In that case I will start hunting with

##Vote: Jeff

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-05-2017, 08:49 AM
So we might very well be at rope's end already if there's two Bad Dads, huh... well then, Walter, I'm not one of them. On the other hand...

Always just barely there but not really active, as if you want to not stand out either way. You're suspicious, fella.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Scratch that.

##Unvote

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-05-2017, 08:52 AM
If there actually are two Bad Dads, the open votes are giving them an invitation to swoop in and lock down the vote. And yet that hasn't happened yet. How strange. Harry, Walter, how come it has not?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-05-2017, 09:14 AM
A good question, and also a good point. The opening post implies there is more than one Bad Dad.

I'll scratch my vote for now to stop shenanigans like that from happening

​##Unvote

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-05-2017, 02:37 PM
I voted simply to see how you reacted. I will pull mine too since like you said it can be easily locked down.

##Unvote

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-05-2017, 02:53 PM
With three being the lockdown I am looking at one dad who haven't done anything right now.

Joe the army dad has jumped in, tossed a vote, then ghosted out on day one and hasn't done anything since. We are all dads fixing the fence, watching Fox News, and driving the kids to Football practice. Yet he hasn't really added much.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-06-2017, 12:50 AM
As it is, Greg's my #1 suspect and Joe my #2 suspect. Both have been very quiet, but Greg seemed fishy to me even on day 1, immediately following Jeff's vote for Paul and being around yet not saying much.

I'll have to vote now since I'll be gone a while and might not be back before the deadline, hopefully I will be back to see what happened in my absence and maybe alter my vote accordingly.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-06-2017, 08:01 AM
i don't buy that you would openly take the risk of having the vote locked down for this reason if you were a fellow Rad Dad.

##Vote: Harry

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-06-2017, 08:38 AM
It was that or risk not being able to vote at all, giving the Bad Dads more power in the lynch. Like I said, wasn't sure if I''d make it back in time.

Turns out I did, but nothing really happened in the meantime. Now I can't really risk unvoting, since I'd effectively be lynching myself unless someone swooped in, and Greg's still my #1 suspect, so I'll leave my vote as it is.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-06-2017, 09:10 AM
Worth noting there's less than an hour until overtime, so not voting would be just as bad as risking a lockdown. At this point we have to vote and hope we're right.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Harry is a Rad Dad. No doubt in my mind. Greg I really am not sure of. Joe either. I have been waiting for Joe to respond. Also am interested in what Greg has to say with a vote against him.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
08-06-2017, 03:23 PM
If we are in OT I know Harry is a Rad Dad so I would only be able to break the tie with a vote for...
​##Vote: Greg

Laddy
08-07-2017, 12:00 AM
Day over. Flavor coming.

Laddy
08-07-2017, 12:15 AM
All right so it's not letting me log into the host account.

Greg's incredible hotness could not prevent him from being trapped under a deck and starving to death. Greg was a Rad Dad played by Pumpkin.

Night phase begins now and will last 24 hours.

[M] Mom – Host
08-07-2017, 11:38 PM
Welp in all my chaotic fumbling between accounts I forgot to mention one simple detail, the Bad Dads win!

Harry and Joe, played by WarZidane and Formalhaut respectively, win!

Jeff and Walter, played by Karifean and FFNut respectively, join their other Rad Dads as losers!

Well a bunch of logistical nightmares and a small size, it's no surprise this game would be short, but WarZidane pretty much single-handedly won it for the Mafia. Role PM's and Night Actions'll be posted when I can be bothered. :p

Karifean
08-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Welp, at least I called Harry being a Bad Dad.

WarZidane
08-08-2017, 12:19 AM
Yeah, you had me worried a while there, though I probably would've voted at that point even if I was town, had to afk/sleep and only made it back before the deadline because i woke up after only 5 hours :p

I did have a magnificent plan B that in hindsight might've been safer, but your vote ruined my initiation of that, so i pretty much had to hope Walter or Joe were around before Greg (I was 90% sure Walter wouldn't vote me, I'm guessing he was the cop and investigated me night 1)

Anyway, too bad about the small size and some people not having the time to participate as much, but I still had fun!

Karifean
08-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Were you Godfather or something?

WarZidane
08-08-2017, 12:00 PM
I was, yeah, also would show up as innocent even when lynched (not sure if that's normal for godfathers)

FFNut
08-08-2017, 05:22 PM
I was the cop aka Walter who investigated Harry day one as suspicious. When he came back innocent I had Joe as scum, but thought Greg might have been too. Ended up voting Greg due to the night one investigation.