PDA

View Full Version : What would you change?

Bubba
07-31-2017, 10:04 AM
If you could start your life over again, would there be anything you'd do differently?

Maybe its a job you wish you'd studied for, maybe it's a person you should never have gotten involved with... or maybe you went to watch Black Swan instead of the far superior True Grit.

Tell me!

LunarWeaver
07-31-2017, 11:05 AM
I'm trying to think of an answer that isn't long and complicated and I can't. This is... you're... I'm gonna go have a crisis, brb.

FFNut
07-31-2017, 12:00 PM
Though many things I wish I may have done differently there really isn't anything I'd change. It all leads to where I am now. At a loving girl friends house with a son who loves me and a future step daughter who thinks I am the best dad ever. Wouldn't want to risk trading that.

qwertysaur
07-31-2017, 03:10 PM
I would have started programming earlier. It's a lot of fun and I'm really good at it.

I also would have gotten more involved with campus life at school before my final year in graduate school. It was a lot of fun and I made several good friends, but I wonder what I missed would have happened if I had done so earlier.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy where my life is heading. How many people have a thesis on machine learning and could be a part of advancing the field in a meaningful way? You can't change the past, so take hold and shape your future!

Fynn
07-31-2017, 03:13 PM
No. Every little thing that's happened along the way has made me into the person I am now. I would never even think of changing that.

Galuf
07-31-2017, 03:35 PM
Not be a passive agressive run away wee bitch. And actually try better at school

reworded: not lose alot of friends by being a passive agressive run away bitch. Something that cant be changed now.

Psychotic
07-31-2017, 03:37 PM
University. Both what I studied and when I went.

Lyndis Highwind
07-31-2017, 07:18 PM
No. Every little thing that's happened along the way has made me into the person I am now. I would never even think of changing that.

Absolutely this!

Freya
07-31-2017, 07:48 PM

This. What I studied and where I went.

My dorm room had black mold which has caused my 8 year battle with horrible health issues. Had I gone to the other school I was looking at and not fall prey to my mom wanting me to be "closer" (the other one was 40 more minutes away than the one I went to), then maybe my health wouldn't be such a disaster as it is now. Maybe I wouldn't have wasted soooo much money on healthcare in my 20's and would be further along in my life aspirations.

Darth Ganon
07-31-2017, 08:36 PM
Oh my God like absolutely everything. At least as far back as high school, but I'd go farther if possible (even though less is under my control). There is so little going for me right now that it's not even funny.

Freya
07-31-2017, 09:01 PM

This. What I studied and where I went.

My dorm room had black mold which has caused my 8 year battle with horrible health issues. Had I gone to the other school I was looking at and not fall prey to my mom wanting me to be "closer" (the other one was 40 more minutes away than the one I went to), then maybe my health wouldn't be such a disaster as it is now. Maybe I wouldn't have wasted soooo much money on healthcare in my 20's and would be further along in my life aspirations.

Dang, I didn't know about this. That's grim, dude.

Yeah, they torn them down a month after I left school as all my health stuff was kicking into high gear (it started while I was in the dorm but we didn't understand why then) so we couldn't really put anything toward the school about it cause welp, nothing there. Even more ironic thing. I knew they were tearing them down soon as I was the student representative for the new dorm plans. I helped plan the new ones. I picked them out.

My whole life is pretty much a joke at this point with how it's worked out.

I love my current life in the sense of who is in it but I always wonder what could have been had I just chose the other school.

Shaymin
08-02-2017, 01:59 AM
It was seemingly innocent at the time but I brought a sociopath into my life and not only did he become a stalker and make my life worse, he made practically everyone he contacted through me's life worse.

So even if I somehow ended wiser or more mature from the experience I still couldnt justify the damage that guy brought on a replay of my life.

Pumpkin
08-02-2017, 02:16 AM
Not get fat
Dump that abusive is class the first time he lied to me

Night Fury
08-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Nothing.

If I changed even something small would I still be here right now in this moment? Possibly not.

Crop
08-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Nothing!

Shauna
08-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Sometimes I think that maybe I'd change the university I went to, but honestly - nah. I wouldn't change a thing.

Christmas
04-12-2022, 09:01 AM
Maybe did my career switch or did more investments earlier. But somehow I think life will find a way to balance things up in the end. :bigsmile:

Mr Gashtacular
04-12-2022, 08:31 PM
i wouldve started saving earlier, and some other financial stuff. i wouldve been a bit more confident in chasing some dreams (even if i failed I would like to be able to say i tried).

i have a health condition now (not too serious) that stops me from doing certain specific things so i would probably do many of those things before i got sick, and maybe partied a bit more (but without being a dick)