PDA

View Full Version : Don't get it man.

maybee
08-01-2017, 07:47 AM
I don't get how people adore Balthier and haaaaaaate Snow when they are basically the same character ?

One shouts that "he's the hero " every two seconds, while Balthier shouts out that he's " the leading man " every two seconds.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIP8kNuTJJL3zT0I/source.gif

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2017, 08:09 AM
Probably because Balthier is more charming, tends to back up his claim of being a "leading man", and is 100% more British. Really here, it's hard to resist that accent. :party:

Psychotic
08-01-2017, 08:21 AM
I've never really got behind the hate for Snow or the love for Balthier. I like Snow, he's a big dumb goofball who means well and a perfect foil to many of his more melodramatic and bland cast mates. Balthier is slightly too pompous for me to really like. He's okay, and he's one of the better XII characters, but I don't really have a high opinion of the cast of that game in general.
Probably because Balthier is more charming, tends to back up his claim of being a "leading man", and is 100% more British. Really here, it's hard to resist that accent. :party:It's even harder to resist Troy Baker! It's weird actually because I'm a filthy British elitist who always defaults to liking British characters the best in both games and shows. Not this time I guess!

Fynn
08-01-2017, 08:35 AM
I dislike Snow because he's a fucking idiot. I'm okay with Balthier but I think he's super overrated.

Team Basch all the way!

Laddy
08-01-2017, 08:43 AM
Balthier knows his claim is pompous and conceited, he's telling you right out what to expect from him; Snow doesn't know and doesn't care.

LunarWeaver
08-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Snow is more pig-headed than suave, and Balthier is more suave than pig-headed. I like both though.

Lyndis Highwind
08-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Pretty much what Wolf Kanno said. While I don't like either, Balthier is actually smart and knows his stuff, while Snow is a bumbling oaf most of the time.

And I'm with you, Fynn! Team Basch all the way!

Freya
08-01-2017, 02:57 PM
I like Balthier's character design better :monster:

Vermachtnis
08-01-2017, 05:36 PM
I like both of them. And Balthier's claim isn't exactly wrong. He's like 1/3 the main character.

Scruffington
08-01-2017, 06:14 PM
I like both. But I definitely think Snow gets too much hate.

maybee
08-02-2017, 07:31 AM
I dislike Snow because he's a smurfing idiot. I'm okay with Balthier but I think he's super overrated.

Team Basch all the way!

Yes ! Team Basch !!!

Wolf Kanno
08-02-2017, 07:37 AM
I dislike Snow because he's a smurfing idiot. I'm okay with Balthier but I think he's super overrated.

Team Basch all the way!

Yes ! Team Basch !!!

pNRHvKbZeWg

Pumpkin
08-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Having one similar personality trait =/= same character :p

It's like saying Squall and Vivi are the same character because the both struggle with the concept of death

Mr. Carnelian
08-02-2017, 10:01 PM
One shouts that "he's the hero " every two seconds, while Balthier shouts out that he's " the leading man " every two seconds.

Except it always seems to me that Balthier is being very knowing and sarcastic about it, whereas Snow 100% believes he's the hero. Snow gets more aware that he's part of a team as things go on, though.

Spuuky
08-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Balthier has style. Snow looks like he'd shop at a Hot Topic if he could just find one there.

BustaMo
08-03-2017, 09:11 PM
I was actually a fan of Snow, and a big fan of Balthier. Balthier got me interested in him when you get to Phon Coast and you start to learn more about his past and back-story.

Snow, even though I like him as a character, I don't feel I got to know him and his story as much as many other main party characters in the Final Fantasy series. I tend to favor characters that most other FF fans despise like Zidane, Tidus, Amarant, Zell, and Vaan. In their reespective games most people find these characters to be annoying and it turns them off. BUt the Vaan's, Tidus', and Zidane's to me when you look at the big picture, prove that when you have a fire burning inside you, it pushes you too finish the job and adventure you set out for OR were forced into against your will.