PDA

View Full Version : Remake, -boot or new one that isn't FF, KH, CT, Drag on Dragoon, Eve, S. Densetsu ...

Sephiroth
08-04-2017, 08:59 PM
... and all the other titles you could cheat with.

What game would you want to see?

I would like to see an action Role-Playing game remake and/or sequel of the text adventure space game Alpha, the first Square title that Nobuo Uematsu made music for.

vQhkWkbvBtA

Wolf Kanno
08-04-2017, 11:13 PM
Xenogears, since you didn't mention it. :smug:

More seriously, I wish Squenix would either release the rest of the Front Mission series, port Einhander to PSN, or give me a remake of Robotrek. :cool:

Sephiroth
08-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Xenogears is fine by me. It has its fair share of fans but certainly not FF, KH, et cetera scale.

Darth Ganon
08-05-2017, 05:07 AM
I'd just be happy with a port.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Terranigmafront.jpg

Sephiroth
08-05-2017, 12:23 PM
I was waiting for someone to mention that one.

Wolf Kanno
08-06-2017, 07:27 PM
I'd just be happy with a port.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Terranigmafront.jpg

I'd honestly just be happy to have a non-emulated version of it here. The one rare time, Europe got a game over the U.S.

Scruffington
08-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Super Mario RPG remake. Or SMRPG 2.

Lyndis Highwind
08-06-2017, 08:06 PM
Super Mario RPG remake. Or SMRPG 2.

YES!

WarZidane
08-06-2017, 11:37 PM
Treasure of the Rudras, including a localization this time :p

Wolf Kanno
08-07-2017, 05:38 AM
Treasure of the Rudras, including a localization this time :p

Considering how much of a nightmare the fan translation was for the people who did it thanks to the magic system; I'm actually not a bit surprised this didn't get released outside of Japan. With that said, I wholeheartedly agree that it would be cool to see it nowadays.

qwertysaur
08-08-2017, 02:24 PM
The world needs more The World Ends With You

Darth Ganon
08-09-2017, 05:58 AM

Thanks for reminding me of that awful countdown site they put up that hyped everybody up for nothing more than a mobile port.

Fynn
08-09-2017, 06:05 AM

Thanks for reminding me of that awful countdown site they put up that hyped everybody up for nothing more than a mobile port.

Hey that port was great and I will fight you

Yubel-Lover
08-09-2017, 09:07 AM
It will never happen, but I want a new Valkyrie Profile.

Vermachtnis
08-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Yea, where's Valkyrie Profile: Hrist?

Lyndis Highwind
08-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Thinking about it more, it would actually be awesome if Phantasy Star: Nova was released in the U.S.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that you meant Square Enix only titles...

Darth Ganon
08-10-2017, 06:56 AM

Hey that port was great and I will fight you

I've only ever heard good things about it. However you absolutely DO NOT initiate a countdown for a PORT. Whoever had that brainstorm was either incompetent or a sadist.

Edge7
08-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Not a serious suggestion, but if they somehow incorporated the cast of FFXV and the Regalia into a remake of Rad Racer, that'd be hilarious (Rad Racer 2 is one of the earliest games I remember playing on my parent's NES when I was like, 2 little did I know it was by Square with music by Nobuo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iUFZvaI3wE)).

I feel like I've been talking about this game a lot lately, but I've wanted a remake of Vagrant Story that utilizes a weapon wheel to largely streamline combat. That's the biggest thing, but a more "free" camera would also be nice (with the option for an aerial view like in MGS3 or Prince of Persia). I'm fine with the game's plot as is, but incorporating Tieger and Neesa as party members like originally intended would be cool.

It will never happen, but I want a new Valkyrie Profile.
I'm actually pretty happy with the original as-is. I'd just like it to be available on more consoles. I don't have a PSP and PS1 Discs are notoriously easy to ruin. It's kinda sad, but I think Lightning Returns is the closest we'll get to VP3.

Aulayna
08-12-2017, 12:21 AM
https://r.mprd.se/media/images/52486-Vagrant_Story_(G)-2.jpg

Laddy
08-12-2017, 03:20 AM
It'd be really cool to see a Chocobo Racing with a fuller Square Enix cast, with licenses like Tomb Raider and Deus Ex the potential is huge.

Yubel-Lover
08-13-2017, 01:52 PM
Yea, where's Valkyrie Profile: Hrist?

Exactly this! Hrist was (is) so cool...

I'm actually pretty happy with the original as-is. I'd just like it to be available on more consoles. I don't have a PSP and PS1 Discs are notoriously easy to ruin. It's kinda sad, but I think Lightning Returns is the closest we'll get to VP3.

A remake of the original would be awesome, especially because I only played VP2, and never got aoround to play the first game. A sequel would be amazing as well, although they probably think that it wouldn't sell enough...
On a sidenote, why LR?

Shaymin
08-30-2017, 04:33 PM
Front Mission 3 with upgraded visuals and upgraded visuals only