PDA

View Full Version : Square-Enix Crossover

Wolf Kanno
08-07-2017, 07:36 AM
I think I did something like this with Dissidia a few years back. Okay, so let's say SE decided to do a massive crossover title of all their various franchises and build a new game.

1) What type of game would it be? RPG, Fighting Game, Visual Novel/Dating Sim, Brawler?

2) Choose ten playable characters from any Square, Enix, or Square-Enix franchise, but you can only choose one per franchise. It can be any character, but only one per franchise, which means only one Final Fantasy character...

I feel it would be cool to do a classic 2D RPG with a turn based battle system with some command prompts for special moves. The twist? My game stars only villains and will be an exploration of why they became villains, and whether it was really the best choice of action.

Characters of choice:
Kefka Palazzo - Final Fantasy
Thanatos - Secret of Mana
Kojiro - Brave Fencer Musashi
Eve - Parasite Eve
Harle - Chrono Cross
Sydney Losserat - Vagrant Story
Grahf - Xenogears
Psaro - Dragon Quest IV
Lezard Valeth - Valkyrie Profile
Shadowlord - NieR

Fynn
08-07-2017, 10:54 AM
I'd like to see another Theatrhythm. We have them for FF and DQ, but the other series aren't so big so let's just lump them all together! Though I guess an individual Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts could work too!

Wolf Kanno
08-07-2017, 05:46 PM
I'd like to see another Theatrhythm. We have them for FF and DQ, but the other series aren't so big so let's just lump them all together! Though I guess an individual Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts could work too!

Who are your ten playable character choices then?

Fynn
08-07-2017, 05:53 PM
I'd go with Citan and Elly from Xenogears, Frog and Robo from Chrono Trigger, Kid and Guile from Chrono Cross, Merlose from Vagrant Story, Aga Brea from Parasite Eve, Agnés and Ringabel from BD for the mixed one.

For the KH Theatrhythm, most of the protagonists, really - Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Terra, Aqua, Ven and Lea.

Wolf Kanno
08-07-2017, 05:55 PM
I'd go with Citan and Elly from Xenogears, Frog and Robo from Chrono Trigger, Kid and Guile from Chrono Cross, Merlose from Vagrant Story, Aga Brea from Parasite Eve, Agnés and Ringabel from BD for the mixed one.

For the KH Theatrhythm, most of the protagonists, really - Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Terra, Aqua, Ven and Lea.

You forgot that it's one per franchise. :p

Fynn
08-07-2017, 05:59 PM
*sweats*

I... don't think I know ten franchises beyond FF, KH, and DQ...

qwertysaur
08-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Question. Can I use a character who appears as a card in Lord of Vermilion? :bigsmile:

Wolf Kanno
08-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Question. Can I use a character who appears as a card in Lord of Vermilion? :bigsmile:

If they are an original character not associated with any of SE's other franchises you can take them from, then yes. Though I will stress they have to be Square/Enix/Square-Enix characters, so no using cameo characters from other RPG franchises to get around the basic premise of this thought experiment, since I am well aware that Lord of Vermillion uses characters from non-SE franchises. ;)

qwertysaur
08-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Got it. What about characters published by Enix's manga division?

Wolf Kanno
08-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Got it. What about characters published by Enix's manga division?

I would prefer games, but I'll allow it. I will even allow Eidos or Quest titles and games that may have been made from previous companies but are now property of SE.

qwertysaur
08-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Wonderful. I only used 2 manga characters. Game is an RPG where 10 characters get pulled into the void because of Excalibur's power, and the plot is they are all trying to use him to get back home. But because he is Excalibur hilarity ensues. :bigsmile: The party must overcome the hardships of putting up with Excalibur as well as fending off anyone else who try and take Excalibur for themselves, because it's their only way to get back home.

Characters!

Excalibur : Soul Eater
Randi : Secret of Mana
Gilgamesh : Final Fantasy
Sho Minamimoto : TWEWY
Sora : Kingdom Hearts
Edea Lee: Bravely Default
Frog : Chrono Trigger
Dion : Saga 3
Maxim : Lufia II
Miharu Rokujou : Nabari no Ou

Darth Ganon
08-09-2017, 05:43 AM
An action RPG maybe like Kingdom Hearts or a Musou.

Final Fantasy: Gilgamesh
Chrono: Robo
Super Mario RPG: Geno
Terranigma: Ark
Kingdom Hearts: Sora
Dragon Quest: "Buildrick"
Bravely Default: Ringabel
The World Ends with You:Neku
Just Cause: Rico
Tomb Raider: Lara Croft

Had to reach for the last two, but Just Cause 2 was really, really fun.