PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive 5!

fat_moogle
08-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Hi hiiii.

Does anyone here have Dead or Alive 5 on PS4? There's a free version called Core Fighters which gives you access to 6 playable characters (two of which rotate between certain dates) and all game modes apart from the story mode. This is the version that I currently have and I've been enjoying some games against Pumpkin & Sharky.

If you like fighting games it's totally worth getting for free, and it would be great if Pumpkin, Sharky and I could have some more of you guys to fight against! Also shout out to Shauna for gifting me the money to buy the full game after winning in the character showdown thread!

Shauna
08-07-2017, 10:43 AM
ayyyy :up:

sharkythesharkdogg
08-07-2017, 07:30 PM
I'm going to call out a little bit Pudgy Bird/Fat Moogle because he's a good guy, and he has a sense of humor. I think he'll chuckle. This still legit made me lol. Paraphrased, but close enough.

Pudgy after playing DOA a bit: "This game isn't half bad. It feels really smooth, and the fighting is fast. Some of these stages have crazy interact-able segments and the moves interact with the environment too."

Sharky: "Yeah, it's actually a really solid fighting game. It's underappreciated in that area because most people write it off as nothing but fanservice."

Pudgy: "Fanservice because of Ninja Gaiden?"

Sharky: "No....Fanservice because of H-cup boob jiggle and a plethora of "themed outfits" for the ladies, Pudgy....."

Pudgy: "Ooooh, right."

Pumpkin
08-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Fanservice aside, the game is tight as heck and very polished, espesh considering the age of the game. They do try and take all yo monie for cute outfits (a lot of which are amazing btw) but not many games give you anything for free, let alone access to most of the game and 6 characters.

Also Honoka is baeist of baes <3

http://i.imgur.com/rc0mfjX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/MC210zu.gif

fat_moogle
08-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Sharky :lol: I honestly did think the fan service comment was in regards to the Ninja Gaiden characters, and as I understand there are a couple of Virtua Fighter characters in there as well?! But, yeah. Clearly I was waaayyyy off the mark! I mean damn, there's even an option for "breast motion" in the options xD

Is Honaka DLC?

Pumpkin
08-07-2017, 11:26 PM
She might be free for the PS4 version of LR burn In not 100% Typically she is DLC though yes

fat_moogle
08-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Do you not have the LR version?

Pumpkin
08-08-2017, 12:00 AM
I do, yeah on PS3 and 4. I just don't remember if shes free on PS4. I definitely had to pay for her on PS3

fat_moogle
08-08-2017, 07:22 AM
I'll let you know when I receive my copy :D

Vyk
08-09-2017, 07:00 PM
Been a pretty big fan of the series since DoA 2 came out on Dreamcast. The fanservice was a little ridiculous. But I already thought characters like Ivy in SC went there, so they weren't exactly going anywhere unfamiliar. But the game engine was so fast and smooth and intuitive I just fell in love with the style. Much prefer it over Tekken or Virtua Fighter or pretty much any other 3D fighter aside from maybe Soul Calibur 3

I rented DoA 5 on the 360 and found it a little odd, but still enjoyable, but not enough to buy. Then I got it on PS4 and have yet to use it, but at least they have my money. I am a little put off that there are 800 DLC outfits available. It seems a bit too over the top. Koei Tecmo are just that way though. There's hundreds of DLC for their Dynasty/Samurai warriors games as well. And the Tales games are also guilty. And I'm a fan of those series, so it's a little unavoidable to get inundated with DLC options when enjoying a Japanese game for me these days. And I'm pretty sure Persona 5 has it now. I think Japanese studios are more obsessed with DLC than even Activision or EA, which is weird and disappointing

But hey, at least I have the option to get in on this particular fighting game craze

fat_moogle
08-09-2017, 07:15 PM
New challenger arrives!

If you fancy a game sometime then my PSN is Kris4Shaw. I played through the story mode today and had a couple of matches online. Started learning Honoka as well so I can try my luck with her against Pumpkin and Sharky :D

Pumpkin
08-09-2017, 08:34 PM
NO YOU CANT USE MY CHARACTERRRR

fat_moogle
08-09-2017, 09:08 PM
NO YOU CANT USE MY CHARACTERRRR
I CAN AND I WILLLL!

Pumpkin
08-09-2017, 09:09 PM
;~;

fat_moogle
08-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Aww, don't cry :( Leave that to Marie Rose.

Pumpkin
08-09-2017, 09:12 PM
SHE IS TOO PRECIOUS FOR YOU

NO I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM YOU HAVE A PROBELM

fat_moogle
08-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Either way her preciousness will be destroyed by PPKKT's!