PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Injury Log

fat_moogle
08-09-2017, 12:43 AM
Did you manage to injure yourself today? If so, log it here! You know you're supposed to log every incident in the work place and we're all pretty much employees of EoFF Plc!

I'll start.

Incident: Burnt my arm when getting food out of the oven (leaning on the glass is not a good idea).

Freya
08-09-2017, 01:54 AM
I'm still nursing a wicked sunburn and decided that I should go back to the gym! Gym tight clothes rubbing a sunburn has not been fun.

Darth Ganon
08-09-2017, 03:35 AM
I work with plants. Do you realize how often I'm going to be in this thread? I can still see on my hand where I got cut by a FERN last week.

Today I was removing some blackberry vines in my yard. YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

Lyndis Highwind
08-09-2017, 05:23 AM
A nasty cat that we got in the clinic gave me a deep, nasty scratch on my finger. His buddy also gave me a bunch of scratches on the same hand. It's like well excuse me for trying to feed you.

Bubba
08-09-2017, 06:52 AM
DOMS

EDIT: Also, I sliced my middle finger open when cleaning our new blender the other day. This was the day before a gig at a new venue too. Had to skip a load of fingerpicking songs but still managed to bleed everywhere.

Good times.

Formalhaut
08-09-2017, 02:11 PM
DOMS

EDIT: Also, I sliced my middle finger open when cleaning our new blender the other day. This was the day before a gig at a new venue too. Had to skip a load of fingerpicking songs but still managed to bleed everywhere.

Good times.

Yeowch.

Not really an injury but I'm ill and that is literally all I can give this thread at the moment xD

Fynn
08-09-2017, 02:24 PM
DOMS

Remember your safe word next time, Bubba

Psychotic
08-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Sliced a mole open while shaving. I don't know if you've ever cut a mole, but let me tell you they do not stop bleeding. It was only a small wound mind you, and a plaster (band aid) kept it all in, but it took a good 24 hours or so and several dressing changes before it actually stopped.

Laddy
08-14-2017, 07:10 PM
Cut my nip whilst manscaping.

I nipped the nip.

Darth Ganon
08-14-2017, 07:19 PM
I was in the general area of an Opuntia yesterday. I felt spinies in my hand for the rest of the day.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-16-2017, 07:25 PM
I work on vehicles, so it's a constantly updating list of new injurties versus what has finally healed.

Darth Ganon
08-23-2017, 02:22 AM
Palms can be brutal to prune even with heavy gloves. I did some pruning without any and now have two impaired thumbs.

Vasher
08-30-2017, 01:36 PM
Self inflicted.

I can only use a razor once before it's dulled. Had to shave yesterday, but out of razors, left with only the last used. I went ahead with it, now have wicked razor burn on my throat/neck. I believe it was the aftershave that was the icing on that cake.

Darth Ganon
09-02-2017, 05:05 AM
Pinched my left index finger in a folding metal plant hanger. It cause a very audible exclamation.

Laddy
09-02-2017, 06:57 AM
Burned my left pinky knuckle at work trying to save food from falling out of the oven. ;w;

FFNut
09-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Last week I was on a massive trampoline tossing dodge balls at my son and my big toe caught the side of it and when I jumped my whole body went up but my toe stayed down. It is either broken or sprained. Worst part is I missed the toss and my son pegged me with his ball.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-18-2017, 06:44 PM
I burned a small part of my hand on a grill. Not bad enough to leave a scar.

When I was cooking yesterday I got paranoid about having lame scars. I'm cool with having scars, but I like having a story to go with them. If I have to be like "I was cooking", no thanks.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-20-2017, 03:48 AM
I burned a small part of my hand on a grill. Not bad enough to leave a scar.

When I was cooking yesterday I got paranoid about having lame scars. I'm cool with having scars, but I like having a story to go with them. If I have to be like "I was cooking", no thanks.

The biggest scar I have happened because my dad has his tailgating bin on the floor in our kitchen. The serrated edge of the aluminum foil box was sticking out and my leg brushed against it while I was walking in the kitchen and it sliced my leg open. All my scars since then have been terribly boring stories, usually in the kitchen.

I kept burning myself on the ovens at work today, one of which I think will leave a scar.

Darth Ganon
09-23-2017, 06:35 AM
Scratch on my left arm from an awful vine called Cat's Claw.

Also chewed my thumb nails to the point of hurting. Again.