PDA

View Full Version : Your kid just got access to this site

Del Murder
08-21-2017, 10:13 PM
So your 13 year old just got their full access to join internet forums from you and have stumbled upon Eyes on Final Fantasy. They sign up and lo and behold, there's their mom or dad just posting away. A quick 'find all posts by this user' later and they have the full rundown of your entire EoFF career.

What would they discover and what would your reaction be?

Psychotic
08-21-2017, 10:16 PM
"Oh good, I'm glad it's not just me that my dad is a total sociopathic arsehole to."

Mr. Carnelian
08-21-2017, 10:37 PM
I mean, I would say they'd be shocked at how much I objectify random hot guys, but they're going to find that out WAAAAY before they're 13. And they're already going to know I'm a lame nerdy type by that point. So... honestly I'd be surprised if they discover anything notable, to be honest. If you're reading this, future child, stop trawling your Dad's online past. It's weird and creepy, and I'm disappointed in you. Go to your room!

Miriel
08-21-2017, 10:46 PM
They'll think Mom and Dad are huge dorks, but that's some they would have already known. Mostly they'll think, "Jesus Christ Mom and Dad had too much time on their hands."

Aulayna
08-21-2017, 11:45 PM
I'll never have children so this isn't a concern to me.

(Future kid to future me: So you never wanted me huh...)

Night Fury
08-22-2017, 12:58 AM
Wow. Mum is crazy and so is Dad.

Psychotic
08-22-2017, 07:03 AM
"Oh good, I'm glad it's not just me that my dad is a total sociopathic arsehole to."

your kid has troutty grammar?

My kid: "Wow, my mom is a thot."Jinx please explain why that sentence contains bad grammar in perfect detail so that my son, Pterodactyl, can learn from his mistakes

qwertysaur
08-22-2017, 02:30 PM
Why does Dad type in green, and what is that :bigsmile: face?

Freya
08-22-2017, 07:48 PM
"So this is where you've spent your whole life instead of being successful. We could be eating out of crystal, mom! If only you'd have got off the internet and did something with your life"

my kid would be an asshole apparently.

Formalhaut
08-22-2017, 07:52 PM
I'd be so proud that mine and Mr. Carny's child would do something so nerdy as join a Final Fantasy forum.

I don't think they'll see anything truly shocking, though it depends on how far back they're looking I guess.

qwertysaur
08-22-2017, 08:15 PM
I'd be so proud that mine and Mr. Carny's child would do something so nerdy as join a Final Fantasy forum.

I don't think they'll see anything truly shocking, though it depends on how far back they're looking I guess.
What if Formy JR found the Balthier Rocks stuff? :bigsmile:

Mr. Carnelian
08-22-2017, 09:33 PM

What if Formy JR found the Balthier Rocks stuff? :bigsmile:

What if? Ha! I'll make sure that's the first thing they see. :mwahaha:

Darth Ganon
08-23-2017, 06:12 AM
I don't think I've made an absolute fool of myself on here yet, but by the time my child would be of legal, forum browsing age I most likely would have in real life anyway.

Sephex
08-23-2017, 03:09 PM
The obvious angle to this thread is how a hypothetical kid (or a real kid when the kid gets old enough) calls out a parent for some unsavory or just plain dumb things they said in the past. I already have an answer for this because something similar has happened to me. So if my kid called me out on something I wrote a long time ago, especially if it was over a decade ago I'd say something like, "Yeah, I was a different person then. Things change and people grow. Do you think it would be fair for one of your classmates to judge you today on something silly you said on the playground when you were 4?"

So future kid, FUCK YOU AND CLEAN YOUR ROOM AND STOP LISTENING TO LADY GAGA THE 8th!!21HJ;KHWE; JKDHX

Lyndis Highwind
08-23-2017, 07:06 PM
"Gosh Mom, your artwork didn't translate that well onto the computer. You didn't know how to use a scanner very well back then, huh?"

krissy
08-25-2017, 06:55 AM
i dont care about them searching my posts
but like interacting with you lot?

http://68.media.tumblr.com/9ed59c8068a80e89e2662b1454accd65/tumblr_inline_oj9uf49z5e1s5gl5p_400.gif

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-25-2017, 08:47 PM
The premise of the thread alone is enough to put me off of having children.

Sephex
08-26-2017, 04:48 AM
The premise of the thread alone is enough to put me off of having children.

Hey future Loan Wold Lebannonhart's kid. Back in the day your father used to be called Lone Wolf LeonFART. He says it's the pinnacle of all humor and you should address him like this from now on.

Chibi Youkai
08-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Children aren't going to happen, but if in some alternate reality it did, can't say they'd be too surprised. Both of their parents are nerds, so it would be pretty in line with expectations.

Shaymin
08-27-2017, 04:23 AM
Get off the comp and go back to playing and beating every game from my childhood!

Christmas
12-02-2022, 02:50 PM
So your 13 year old just got their full access to join internet forums from you and have stumbled upon Eyes on Final Fantasy. They sign up and lo and behold, there's their mom or dad just posting away. A quick 'find all posts by this user' later and they have the full rundown of your entire EoFF career.

What would they discover and what would your reaction be?

Your kids joining this place soon?

Bubba
12-02-2022, 11:58 PM
Holy crap… Rantz, DELETE ALL MY POSTS PLZ

Wolf Kanno
12-03-2022, 12:58 AM
Mine would simply learn I was just as insufferable when I was young as well. ;)

Christmas
12-06-2022, 02:47 PM
Holy crap… Rantz, DELETE ALL MY POSTS PLZ

The bloke that dislike Skyrim is back!

Loony BoB
12-06-2022, 04:46 PM
They'd learn that life has a lot of ups and downs and I've certainly experienced all ends of it. Except for having children. So that would be an awkward conversation to have with my "child"...

Shoeberto
12-12-2022, 06:09 PM
"yeah, no denying those are dad's posts"

chionos
12-12-2022, 09:17 PM
Sadly, it’s moot cause I can’t get any of my kids to play a FF to save my life.