PDA

View Full Version : NFL Thread

The Captain
09-03-2017, 04:46 PM
As the calendar moves to September, it means that FOOTBALL is back.

And while the league continues to be in a state of flux, the game itself carries onward.

Who do you think will win it all this season? Are we forever doomed to watch the Pats win again and again?

Playoffs:

AFC:
Pats
Steelers
Texans
Raiders
Titans
Broncos

NFC:
Giants
Bucs
Packers
Seahawks
Cowboys
Falcons

AFC Title Game:
Raiders over Pats

NFC Title Game:
Seahawks over Giants

Super Bowl:
Seahawks over Raiders

Take care all.

Bubba
09-03-2017, 06:35 PM
I'll tune in for the World Series Stanley Cup Final Bowl in February. Up until then I will have absolutely no idea as to what is happening in this sport.

charliepanayi
09-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Go Giants!

So long as the Cowboys or Patriots don't win I'll be happy.

Del Murder
09-05-2017, 07:39 PM
A West Coast Bowl, I like it.

I do think the Raiders are the only team that could beat New England. NE may go 16-0. I hope the Raiders give us one last moment of glory before booking it to Vegas.

Spuuky
09-05-2017, 08:33 PM
I never got informed that our draft was happening in fantasy so my team sucks. But I'll see what I can do.

Doomie
09-12-2017, 12:01 PM
I am forever a Giants fan, but without an O-line or run-game, I doubt we'll make it out of the Wild Card round. I'm rooting for Oakland; they're really fun to watch, and that team needs a win after Carr's heartbreaking injury last year. KC is also a treat. Honestly, I'm comfortable with anyone winning besides the Patriots or another team from the NFC East.

charliepanayi
09-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Wild Card round? I'll be ecstatic if the Giants make it to 8-8 at this rate on the basis of that first game and their schedule :(

Good to see the Patriots tripped up in their first game though

The Captain
09-13-2017, 05:54 PM
One game does not a season make. The law of averages said the Giants would lose to the Cowboys eventually. And remember, Dallas lost to the Giants twice last year but won the division still.

Week One games are wonky now because the pre-season and training camp has become such a joke. For so many teams and players, this is the first actual game speed they are seeing. It'll improve.

I knew the game was lost from the first possession when Prescott got stopped on 3rd down and the refs gave a terribly good spot of the ball for a 1st down. It was going to be that kind of game. With Beckham back in the fold and with any sort of O-line uptick, the season isn't lost yet.

I'll be curious to see which of these teams are for real though: The Jags, The Vikings, The Rams and The Eagles.

Take care all.

Doomie
09-16-2017, 11:53 AM
One game does not a season make. The law of averages said the Giants would lose to the Cowboys eventually. And remember, Dallas lost to the Giants twice last year but won the division still.

Week One games are wonky now because the pre-season and training camp has become such a joke. For so many teams and players, this is the first actual game speed they are seeing. It'll improve.

I knew the game was lost from the first possession when Prescott got stopped on 3rd down and the refs gave a terribly good spot of the ball for a 1st down. It was going to be that kind of game. With Beckham back in the fold and with any sort of O-line uptick, the season isn't lost yet.

I'll be curious to see which of these teams are for real though: The Jags, The Vikings, The Rams and The Eagles.

Take care all.

I agree, for the most part, but the offence will only go as far as the offensive line will take it. Without one, Manning is rushed and Perkins becomes obsolete. He definitely ain't no Lynch who can eke out an extra yard-or-two through sheer willpower.

I am biased against the Eagles, obviously, but I do think the other three teams you listed have solid enough defences to carry them throughout the season (barring injury). I think the Rams can make the most noise come playoff time. Jags' season hinges on the consistency of Bortles and Hurns actually becoming a threat again. Fournette seems to be this year's Zeke, and they've been so terrible for so long that I'd like to see them succeed. The Chiefs have piqued my interests as well after the games Hunt and Hill had.

charliepanayi
09-24-2017, 06:30 PM
Lots of players protesting this weekend after Trump decided to start ranting about players kneeling during the national anthem etc. Good on them, hope they keep winding up him and his idiot voters. God knows why they play the national anthem before every bloody game anyway.

Also, the Giants are still floundering somewhat.

charliepanayi
10-09-2017, 09:10 AM
What a miserable season this is for Giants fans :(

Thank god for Aaron Rodgers at least, best QB in the NFL by a mile.

Cell
10-10-2017, 08:48 AM
As a Bears fan, it's going to be another "oh god we're dead, just kill us already" season.

Bubba
10-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Is it the Superbowl yet?

sharkythesharkdogg
10-12-2017, 08:40 PM
I don't really watch it too closely, but my teams are the Cleveland Browns and Carolina Panthers.

So, y'know, it looks like it'll be more than 10 years since the Browns have had a winning season, but the Panthers look all right.

charliepanayi
01-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Bump as it's playoff time. I predicted four home wins this weekend, so I'm already 0/2! I think it might be a Steelers v Saints Super Bowl.

Bubba
01-07-2018, 12:09 PM
Sucks to be you, Sharky. Though I did enjoy the Browns ‘Perfect Season Parade’ after their amazing 0-16 record.

As for today, I think it’s gonna be a ‘feline frenzy’ as the Jaguars and the Panthers emerge victorious

Bubba
01-07-2018, 10:15 PM
Cam Newton will be FUMING after this first quarter...

charliepanayi
01-08-2018, 01:13 PM
He'll be fuming even more now.

That Bills v Jaguars game looked so bad. I'm going for Steelers v Patriots and Saints v Falcons in the Championship games. Hopefully a meteorite will hit the AFC one.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Sucks to be you, Sharky. Though I did enjoy the Browns ‘Perfect Season Parade’ after their amazing 0-16 record.

As for today, I think it’s gonna be a ‘feline frenzy’ as the Jaguars and the Panthers emerge victorious

Pffftt. I couldn't be more proud of their season. The Steelers tried really hard. Putting in second and third stringers was a dirty trick, but my guys snatched defeat from the jaws of victory anyway. I'm just sad that annoying win last season killed our perfect 0-32. Thanks Tampa.

Denmark
01-21-2018, 04:02 AM
Playoffs:

AFC:
Pats
Steelers
Texans
Raiders
Titans
Broncos

NFC:
Giants
Bucs
Packers
Seahawks
Cowboys
Falcons

AFC Title Game:
Raiders over Pats

NFC Title Game:
Seahawks over Giants

Super Bowl:
Seahawks over Raiders

Take care all.

This was fun to read, especially as a Giants fan.

I'm very much pulling for a Jags/Vikings SB, and don't care who wins if that happens.

Bubba
01-24-2018, 07:00 AM
Smurfing Tom Brady. I hate the guy but man can he throw a football.

Last years SuperBowl was incredible but I think it will be more one-sided this time.

Sephex
01-24-2018, 02:59 PM
I wanted a Jags vs Vikings Superbowl so you can all thank me for the opposite result. I will also be pulling for the Eagles to win moreso than the Patriots, so place you bets for the Patriots to win the Superbowl now!

charliepanayi
01-24-2018, 05:07 PM
The Patriots are obviously going to win, Eli Manning isn't playing for the Eagles.

Del Murder
01-24-2018, 05:55 PM
Even with Wentz Philly would have a hard time here. The Patriots just know how to win these things except when facing Eli Manning for some reason. It looked like Jax had a chance and similarly with Atlanta last year, but Brady somehow finds a way. He's a dick, but probably the best QB ever.

charliepanayi
01-24-2018, 07:23 PM
Brady stepped up against the Falcons last year and the Jaguars the other day, but both those teams also self-destructed. The Jaguars were never going to get away with scoring only six points in the second half. Too many teams get the opportunity to beat the Patriots, and then they mess it up!