PDA

View Full Version : Do you always get ideas and never do them?

Freya
09-11-2017, 06:04 PM
I'm constantly coming up with new great ideas! I just never seem to do them. I never seem to be able to take the time to actually do all these things.

Is this just a me thing? Do you guys do this too?

Shauna
09-11-2017, 06:08 PM
I am bad at ideas, so when I actually get one fully formed I tend to stick with it until the end.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-11-2017, 06:10 PM
I'm full of ideas about things I want to do but never seem to get around to doing.

It would normally be fine because other things I do end up taking priority, but sometimes I feel like if I tell my friends about a neat idea, and they like it but I never get around to doing it, I don't want to let them down because I got their hopes up for something cool.

So for me, it's better to start that new idea before I ever tell anyone I have it.

Bubba
09-11-2017, 06:24 PM
I have zero great ideas. No need to follow up on any of them!

It's a win-win.

Freya
09-11-2017, 06:28 PM
I'm full of ideas about things I want to do but never seem to get around to doing.

It would normally be fine because other things I do end up taking priority, but sometimes I feel like if I tell my friends about a neat idea, and they like it but I never get around to doing it, I don't want to let them down because I got their hopes up for something cool.

So for me, it's better to start that new idea before I ever tell anyone I have it.

I think this is my issue too. I get so excited about the possibility of an idea that I get a satisfaction just from sharing it. Then I don't have to do it cause i already got that satisfaction!

Psychotic
09-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Yeah. A lot of the time. But then sometimes I go through and do them too! Successes in the past few months have been my EoFF game and forum skins. Failures include my EoFF game DLC and my zombie game. I mean, I started the latter two at least!

Shauna
09-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Freya's post sums up all of EoFF's improvement projects in a nutshell

Chibi Youkai
09-11-2017, 07:58 PM
Yep, especially for costumes. I love to sew, but am not great at it, so always coming up with new plans and ideas that never see the light of day.

Wolf Kanno
09-11-2017, 08:52 PM
Yes

Karifean
09-11-2017, 10:33 PM
All the time. Conceptualizing is so much fun. And then when it comes to making it a reality I lose interest very quickly.

Clearly I just need a team of loyal underlings that can bring all my ambitions to fruition.

Wolf Kanno
09-11-2017, 10:41 PM
All the time. Conceptualizing is so much fun. And then when it comes to making it a reality I lose interest very quickly.

Clearly I just need a team of loyal underlings that can bring all my ambitions to fruition.

Same here, perhaps we should put out a want ad?

Laddy
09-12-2017, 02:52 AM
Well usually the great ideas aren't all that great or practical when I actually put the rubber against the road. Overly ambitious and lazy.

krissy
09-12-2017, 03:33 AM
i've never had any ideas so this has never bothered me

Night Fury
09-12-2017, 04:00 AM
I'm definitely an 'ideas' person, sure!

Something I've taught myself though is to really just focus on one thing at a time. Having lots of ideas and projects open will create a resistance within yourself to actually achieve them. Pick the one thing from all of your ideas that will achieve the most for you - and really make a commitment to yourself to doing it. Also, keeping an ideas journal whether that is online or a notebook so you can always revisit your awesome ideas! :)

Darth Ganon
09-12-2017, 05:31 AM
I'm an unhealthy mix of this...

...and this.

I have zero great ideas.

Fynn
09-12-2017, 08:24 AM
Tons of ideas here that usually go nowhere, but I'm making a serious effort to fix that

Doomie
09-12-2017, 11:53 AM
I think something like 1/10 of my (writing) ideas actually turns into something fruitful. I also had this idea, three years ago, to teach abroad. Lo' and behold, three years later, and I'm living in Melbourne. That being said, you dream about it for so long that when it happens, it's almost always uninspiring.

Shaymin
09-12-2017, 12:56 PM
Yeah. Im the king of inspiration going nowhere.