PDA

View Full Version : City Builders!

Freya
09-12-2017, 10:54 PM
I'm a bit obsessed with them. Even like park ones too.

Sim City
Cities Skylines
Banished
Planet Coaster

etc etc

I spend a lot of time on these games.

Anyone else have a city building problem?

There's going to be a Jurassic Park one soon i'm pretty excited about.

Darth Ganon
09-16-2017, 04:45 AM
I use to play Sim Ant, but I as never able to beat it. Those red ants were so ruthless.

Caesar III was a lot of fun, too, but I was never any good at keeping up with supply and demand. The gods and Caesar were angry A LOT.

Shauna
09-16-2017, 06:03 PM
Caesar III was a lot of fun, too, but I was never any good at keeping up with supply and demand. The gods and Caesar were angry A LOT.

frickin' gods ruining my crops ALL THE TIME

Fox
09-18-2017, 02:08 AM
Sim Golf is a surprisingly good golf themed build-em-up. Hard to get running on modern systems though.

I also still prefer RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (and to a lesser extent RCT3) to Planet Coaster, because PC just didn't quite get the business management stuff right. It's a wonderful sandbox game, but not a very interesting management challenge. Same with Cities Skylines; great fun without any real fear of failure. If you're a fan of Banished; play RimWorld. It's more colony management than colony builder​, but it mixes building, survival and adventure into something brilliant.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-19-2017, 07:18 PM
I used to have RollerCoaster Tycoon. From what I remember I wasn't so much interested in the building a park aspect as much as just building the craziest rides.

I think that's the last game I've played of that type of game. I just can't get into Sims or other "create a world" simulators.

Freya
09-19-2017, 07:49 PM
That's like all I play anymore! I don't have time to sit and focus on a story so I enjoy creative games more.