PDA

View Full Version : Competitiveness

Freya
09-13-2017, 07:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MlqHJWg.gif

So here I am, just posting on eoff and then this mothersmurfer comes in acting like he owns the place. Did you not see my thread count? Did you think you could just walk in here and take my top spot? Who do you think you are?!

So then of course, I had to take my spot back and make more threads.

SO I'm like, ahh, all is good in the world. And then I look over at this guy trying to creep up on my top spot. Who do these people think they are? Had to fix that and posted some more to retain my top spot.

I get weridly competitive about some of the most inane trout. I made it my mission to be ahead of my sister on the puzzle app Cookie Jam. It's always the most basic things that really don't matter that I take pride on being first in. It's never about important things that may benefit from me being competitive over.

What are you weirdly competitive about?

Psychotic
09-13-2017, 07:42 PM
I sometimes get hyper competitive and it is one of my worst character traits, as I can turn into a complete arsehole to friends and foes alike. If I get sucked into an argument (usually with a loved one makes me worse about this) or alternatively if there's a game I'm obsessed with and things aren't going my way - Halo and FIFA being the ones that really bring out the monster in me which is why I don't play them anymore! - I become an actual psycho. I also stopped playing Mafia at EoFF for this reason too.

I don't care about post counts though so you're all good there!

Del Murder
09-13-2017, 07:44 PM
I am the least competitive person there is. I challenge anyone who thinks otherwise.

Freya
09-13-2017, 07:45 PM
I don't care about post counts though so you're all good there!

Yeah yeah, that's something someone who's trying to lull me into a false sense of security would say.

Crop
09-13-2017, 08:50 PM
Very rarely am I competitive. Bugs me when people are too competitive too. Like, we're all having a fun time playing games and then one person goes and kills the buzz with their over the top serious reaction to losing.

Take a breath and crack a beer, man!

Formalhaut
09-13-2017, 08:53 PM
I have flashes of competiveness that can get ugly, but it's a nuanced type. I don't get angry, I get increasingly disappointed at myself for playing/doing badly, until I just become rather dejected. And it's not so much about 'being first', but more, 'not being last'. As long as I'm not the worst at something, I'm fine. But if I'm losing - especially if I'm losing badly, I just get morose.

Karifean
09-13-2017, 09:06 PM
I can't say no to a good challenge.

Sephiroth
09-13-2017, 09:19 PM
I'm not competitive. Imagine how winning all the time would make me arrogant. ME.

Pumpkin
09-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Its a part of life but I don't like it much. Too stressful

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-13-2017, 11:04 PM
The meme thread is making its way over here.

Freya
09-13-2017, 11:55 PM
As if I'd let you have the top ever pft

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-14-2017, 12:05 AM
As if I'd let you have the top ever pft

It's funny you should say that because

Freya
09-14-2017, 12:17 AM
What are you talking about?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-14-2017, 12:26 AM
Fffffff you're gonna wake up to like 30 new threads tomorrow.

Freya
09-14-2017, 12:28 AM
As long as they're all legit threads and not spam, you can try.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-14-2017, 12:45 AM
Don't worry, my posts are made of the Highest Quality™

Fynn
09-14-2017, 08:50 AM
You guys are cute:

#1 Fynn Posts In 2017: 16399

Y'all wouldn't be having this conversation if I had my phone/Internet at home. I am currently only able to post from work and I am still at number 3 in the last 7 days. Get on my level, scrubs!

I do get competitive, yes, but I never let it get in the way of the really important stuff. I act competitive because I think it's part of the fun and fires up the friends I compete against, but if I lose - I lose and that's that! I don't really get competitive to win - I get competitve to compete, since no competition is fun if you're not totally into it!

Del Murder
09-14-2017, 04:29 PM

Talk the big talk when you're on this list, Fynno.

I'm happy holding the bronze, here in retirement. I don't think I need to worry about the next three creeping up on me and Frekana still has a way to go.

Very interesting that Psychotic will overtake Loony BoB soon. I'm sure upon learning this Psy will be very happy with his life choices.

Freya
09-14-2017, 04:39 PM
OH snap! I'm in the top!

Psychotic
09-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Very interesting that Psychotic will overtake Loony BoB soon. I'm sure upon learning this Psy will be very happy with his life choices.I know. If it hadn't been for EoFF holding me back I could've done something meaningful with my life, like becoming a mod on the No Man's Sky subreddit.

Shauna
09-14-2017, 05:34 PM
I can be, but it's never to a detrimental degree. Like, if I lose, eh whatevs. As long as I had fun.

Sephex
09-14-2017, 06:02 PM
People who get way too competitive have ruined games for me. There's a reason why I don't care for multiplayer games and I'm "eh" on doing stuff like board games. Far too many people just can't handle winning OR losing and all of a sudden I have someone that supposedly loves me on some level in my face telling me how much better they are or how I'm a dick because I happen to be lucky enough (yes people, a lot of group games rely on some element of luck usually) to be winning/have won.

Life in it self is stressful enough. Don't bring that negative garbage into a situation where people should be relaxing and bonding.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-14-2017, 10:23 PM
I don't have to deal with competitiveness too much. The people I occasionally play games with and such are pretty chill.

I do get competitive if I play stuff in that I try to win... but I'm not vocal about it or anything. No picking fights or arguing with people. The most competitive id get was when I played soccer.

Chibi Youkai
09-15-2017, 04:56 PM
Some competitiveness is good, but then you get the people who are so competitive that they curse you out if you make any sort of mistake. Happens a lot in FPS's, so I don't play those much anymore. Same with any game with group PvP, but it's not as bad.

Chris
09-16-2017, 11:06 AM
I will offer to do your brows, if they’re prettier than mine, and then I will end your reign by making one brow shorter than the other.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-19-2017, 07:33 PM
Alright I made it to the top of the pile for 3 seconds. Screencapping it now so I can scratch it off the bucket list and never do it again.

Freya
09-19-2017, 07:48 PM
Yeah I gave up cause #lazy #busy

Sephex
09-22-2017, 02:41 AM
I probably should post more, but honestly my brain isn't working right these days.

Random fact: Shelly is spying on me, please send help. STOP LOOKING AT WHAT I AM TYPING!!! DON'T FLICK ME OFF!!!

Rocket Edge
09-22-2017, 10:19 AM
When it comes to online games I was awful. Has anyone played the old Call of Duty's? For example after you kill someone they can drop a live grenade and I'd run over it and blow up. Haha it used to make me so angry. I generally stay away from games where I'm not in total control like FIFA. So much BS can happen in that game where I have no fun playing it. I love playing Rocket League and Tekken online and I'm the finest whether I win or lose. The other team/person was better is fine. But that FIFA BS where the opposition takes a shot and it rebounds off the crossbar onto my goalies head and it's a goal? Fuck outta here.

IRL I generally couldn't care less.

Fynn
09-25-2017, 08:47 AM
Yeah I gave up cause #lazy #busy

You are zero fun to compete with

Freya
09-26-2017, 03:08 PM
Hey not my fault you were late to the posting crazy party a week after ha. :gator:

Fynn
09-26-2017, 03:18 PM
Oh please. I've been running this party for over two years straight. You needed my Internet connection to break to beat me.