PDA

View Full Version : Longest stretch of days off received (not including vacation)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-17-2017, 07:26 AM
If someone at your job makes your schedule for you, what's the most time off you've gotten in a row? Not including vacation time or if you've been unemployed for a while.

I've been fortunate enough in recent years to have a loose schedule. I don't like having rigid hours of "come in at this time every day".

But along with the loose schedule comes the unknown of what the coming weeks look like. I generally work 5 days a week, but every once in a while I'll get an unexpected 3 days off instead of the standard 2.

Fortunately, I haven't had a job I disliked in a long time. I don't remember if I've ever gotten 4 days scheduled off in a row. It would probably feel great, but not so much on the wallet.

Sometimes I miss the arena gig I had that let me schedule my own hours. It sounds freeing, but because you want to get paid, you end up showing up all the time anyway.

Shauna
09-17-2017, 06:45 PM
I've worked Monday to Friday since I started working, and I am completely okay with this.

Chibi Youkai
09-19-2017, 05:54 PM
Once got seven days off due to some back to back snowstorms that hit the area I lived in a few years ago. That was pretty awesome.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-19-2017, 11:08 PM
The most I can ever get in one week is 3 just due to needing 40 hours. I have managed 6 in a row one time though with Thursday through Tuesday off. I think I took a spontaneous vacation then, which was fun. I'm sure I had longer stretches when I was only part time in high school.

Mr. Carnelian
09-19-2017, 11:50 PM
2 days for me. I was working in a zero-hour contract at a cafe in the last few months of last year, but for most of that time I was working 6 days a week, so I never got more than 2 days off in a week, and only 1 day off most weeks. Much happier in my current Monday-Friday 9-5.

Darth Ganon
09-20-2017, 02:54 AM
Probably three. I wanted to say four, but that most likely involved a Thanksgiving or Easter day.

On the other end the longest I ever worked was nine. Whenever a five-dayer leaves somebody ends up getting boned with a nine day week to bring schedules to order again.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-20-2017, 03:32 AM
My longest time working was 14 days in a row due to people quitting or calling in sick or something on top of working extra for the holidays. That was fun.

Laddy
09-26-2017, 01:26 AM
4, due to getting Sat/Sun, Mon/Tue as my off days

Darth Ganon
09-26-2017, 04:35 AM
That reminded me that last Christmas was a time I got four in a row. No need for an extra worker on a short day Christmas Eve, Christmas off, followed by my regular Mon/Tues weekend.