PDA

View Full Version : Wedding songs

Scotty_ffgamer
09-20-2017, 10:16 PM
So, I'm getting married next month, and we're struggling to think of music at the moment. I just figured I'd see if anyone here had any suggestions of songs that might be good that we might not have thought about.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-20-2017, 10:42 PM
You probably already thought of this, but my suggestion would be to go through your music playlists and find your music interests that overlap. If there's a band or songs you've bonded over, consider those.

Will there be parents and grandparents dancing? I've found that wedding playlists should strike a fine line between music that's personal to you (because it's your night) while simultaneously keeping an open ear to sounds that the older people who came to see you would also enjoy. That might be what makes creating playlists so hard for some people..

Scotty_ffgamer
09-20-2017, 11:18 PM
That's the part I'm trying to figure out, some stuff that has a bit broader appeal that can go towards older people too. A lot of music her and I like and bond over won't work well for a wedding, but I have some I've worked out. We're going through the music we already listen to together tonight though to see what else we can come up with.

Jinx
09-21-2017, 12:45 AM
Are you talking about a first song, or just general music?

Hey Ya and Bohemia Rhapsody are must-haves for any wedding, though.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-21-2017, 01:11 AM
At this point we've moved to just general music for the reception/dancing. Somehow I completely forgot bohemian rhapsody, so this has already helped.

Jinx
09-21-2017, 02:02 AM
Love Shack is also a great hit. Also The Twist.

Chibi Youkai
09-21-2017, 02:24 PM
What about Shut Up and Dance (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JCLY0Rlx6Q) by Walk The Moon?

Shauna
09-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Get any pop songs from the last 4 decades.

Sorted.

Mr. Carnelian
09-21-2017, 04:21 PM
Got to have the Macarena in there. If you don't, then you're a traitor to all of us born in the 90s.

Bubba
09-22-2017, 06:22 PM
Mad World by Gary Jules always goes down well.

maybee
09-22-2017, 10:10 PM
How 'bout ?

Bruno Mars- Just The Way You Are

Whitney Houston- I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Captain And Tennille- Love Will Keep Us Together

Queen- Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Extreme- More Than Words

Rihanna- Umberella

Elivs- I Can't Help Falling In Love With You

Wolf Kanno
09-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Apparently someone used this for their wedding.

MVc49-wDOUQ

Course half the guest didn't know where it originally came from.