PDA

View Full Version : Front Mission is getting a new entry...sort of...

Wolf Kanno
09-22-2017, 09:23 AM
At the recent TGS 2017 event, Square Enix revealed a new entry in the Front Mission series called Left Alive. The game is a bit different from what you may imagine as it is a survival third person shooter dealing with a pilot caught behind enemy lines with his Wanzer taken out and now having to hoof it on foot to get out of there alive. The game is set between the events of Front Mission 5 and Front Mission Evolved.

Most surprising is the game's creative line-up with Toshifumi Nabashima (Armored Core and Dark Souls II) as director and Yoji Shinkawa (Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders) as character designer.

Here's the trailer.
gdvheYipALU

Fynn
09-22-2017, 09:39 AM
Well this looks fairly intriguing. It also reminds me that I need to beat the first game on my DS, as it's been gathering dust for so long...

Any news on whether Shimomura is scoring this?

krissy
09-24-2017, 06:17 AM
Toshifumi Nabashima (Armored Core and Dark Souls II) as director and Yoji Shinkawa (Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders) as character designer.

NICE

Rez09
09-29-2017, 02:10 AM
But can I shoot an enemy Wanzer with my pistol and accidentally eject the pilot?

This is the important question.

Iceglow
10-04-2017, 09:44 PM
I still feel that the best of the Front Mission games was probably 3, maybe thats just because it was my introduction to the series and 4 and 5 never got UK releases (officially).

I would love to know if they ever plan on porting the series to Steam, I'm not 100% certain my PC would run them all at high texture resolution etc but it would run them :)

Rez09
10-05-2017, 08:27 PM
I want Steam Front Mission 5, but it'll never happen. ; -;

Vyk
01-14-2018, 05:46 AM
I've never really gotten into the series, but in my long-standing quests to find either a good Shining Force substitute or a good and compelling mech experience, I've dabbled with one or two of the games back in the day. And honestly I don't really remember what feelings I walked away with, but I certainly didn't stick with the games

This game has my interest though. And it keeps popping up as a suggestion on Amazon. So I'll certainly be watching where it goes

YoshioKST
01-14-2018, 08:56 AM
Wait, is this title officially revealed as taking place in a Front Mission continuity, or is it an educated guess?

Wolf Kanno
01-14-2018, 09:31 AM
Wait, is this title officially revealed as taking place in a Front Mission continuity, or is it an educated guess?

Yes, this game does take place in the continuity and Wanzers do pop up as enemy combatants. If I remember correctly, this entry is suppose to take place after Front Mission 5, but before Evolved.

YoshioKST
01-15-2018, 07:32 AM
Well damn! Now I'm interested!

Example
01-16-2018, 03:42 AM
Doesn't look that great, honestly.

Vyk
01-18-2018, 01:27 PM
Doesn't look that great, honestly.
The...gameplay?