PDA

View Full Version : Own the soundtrack, never played the game.

Wolf Kanno
09-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Do you own or love soundtracks to a game you've never played for one reason or another? Are there any games you feel have bomb OST but are attached to a game you have no interest in playing?

Rez09
09-24-2017, 10:04 PM
Xenosaga Episode II; I burned myself out on the first game and didn't want to pick up the second until I finished Ep I, which I STILL haven't gotten around to doing. I wasn't going to bother with the OST either when I heard Mitsuda wasn't doing it, but I picked it up once I found out Yuki Kajiura was replacing him. Unnnnfortunately, I don't think she really measured up. :'(

krissy
09-25-2017, 04:13 AM
the xenosagas were good
i've never played JSRF but great ost

tomb raider angel of darkness

lair (i stopped playing after mission 4 if that counts)

my issue is if i love a soundtrack i'll eventually hunt down the game so there's not a lot of these

Edge7
09-25-2017, 05:32 AM
I've already gushed about Tales of Legendia's OST a couple times on this forum, but I really do love all of Go Shiina's work, despite the fact that I haven't played a single game he scored for (except Tekken Tag 2, but that's just for the Ice Palace stage, not the whole game)

Fynn
09-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Quite a lot, actually. This mostly applies to games on consoles I don't own, though because, like krissy, I usually hunt down the games I like the soundtracks for.

Pike
09-25-2017, 02:50 PM
The "new" Spyro the Dragon games have some immensely good music but I've never played them and probably never will.

dIzhAzyr2kI

Freya
09-25-2017, 03:01 PM
ori and the blind forest

Gorgeous soundtrack

MkzeOmkOUHM

Never played it but it sounds amazing

Jinx
09-25-2017, 06:48 PM
ori and the blind forest

Gorgeous soundtrack

MkzeOmkOUHM

Never played it but it sounds amazing

This reminds me of the soundtrack from the Chronicles of Narnia movies (which are all fantastic, so).

Scruffington
10-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Nier.