PDA

View Full Version : It's all about the foundation.

Wolf Kanno
09-24-2017, 09:00 AM
Choose from the whole franchise four individual entries (no grouping series by sets like the Compilation or Ivalice Alliance) that you feel should serve as the foundation for the series. Then choose one entry that the series shouldn't use. Please try to give an explanation as to why as well, otherwise this would be boring if it was too general. ;)

Fynn
09-25-2017, 08:53 AM
The four pillars:
-FFIV - the overall pacing is just perfect and it's definitely the most balanced entry in the series
-FFV - job system - need I say more?
-FFVI - large cast, tons of unique abilities, the openness, and the unique tone is something that really isn't done in games nowadays
-FFXII - the battle system and the open world were definitely a step in a direction I enjoyed!

D.O.N.T. (acronym for "dooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnn't!!!"

- FFX - the linearity and severe melodrama are not a direction I liked. Of course, there's one game in the mainline that did it worse, but if we cut out the source, there's no risk of that happening ever again.

Shiva95
09-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Four games for the foundation of the series:
- FFVI - The best game for me, and the most balanced one. Amazing story, characters, music and gameplay.
- FFIV - Another very balanced one with a wonwerful cast and story.
- FFXII - First open world and the job system is seriously one of my favorite one.
- FFXV - For the amazing voice acting, the soundtrack and the depth of its characters.

Don't:
- FFVIII: The cast is in general quite flat for me, I never connected with them. I also don't like the Jonction System.

Bubba
09-30-2017, 09:45 AM
Adding a little bit of oil to your foundation really works wonders. You are far less likely to suffer from 'caking' this way. Some fools add water to their foundation but all that does is thin down the formula. Use your head, people. Use oil. Just three drops, mix it with the foundation in the palm of your hand then apply with a beauty blender.

Also, three things to remember when applying foundation... primer, primer and primer! Not only is it great for your skin, it will make such a difference to your foundation. Don't forget too, when choosing foundation, always match to your body's skin colour! The last thing you want is a fake-tanned face and milky white chest and arms.

Finally, don't skip the final 'powder' at the end. Some people don't see the point... THESE PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS. Have you ever greeted someone with a kiss on the cheek then half your foundation comes off onto their face?? That's because you forgot to powder, dumb ass. It takes barely a minute. Just do it.

botnslave
01-18-2018, 03:42 AM
Fft- dark grimy and morally ambiguous plot
Ff7- music score
Ffx- awesome atb system
Ffxii- open world

Ffxiii- no. Just no. Way too linear and the story and battle/lvling system sucked imo

Example
01-18-2018, 06:09 AM
The four elements that keep the balance:
FF7 for the story, characters and materia system
FF10 for the music and battle system, so far the only FF to get turn-based combat right
FF12 for the open world
FF13 for the graphics

But everything changed when the fifth element attacked:
If spinoffs count then the entire compilation. If I'm only allowed one choice then 10-2. All the aforemetioned titles are nothing more than cheap, unimaginative cash-ins the detract more from the original lore of their respective games than they added.

Galuf
01-18-2018, 02:38 PM
FFVI: For the story
FFV: for the leveling and battling system (jobs)
FFIX: for the world and lore and good villains
FFXII: For daring to try change

FFIII: For being an inferior version of everything listed here and not doing anything unique. (FF1 almost fits this but it actually had a decent story. and yes i know this came first but i just think it is best left forgotten for being just less good than all the previous mentioned and doign nothing better than them at the listed aspects)

Loony BoB
01-18-2018, 03:25 PM
FFV - The Pillar of Light - Humour, brightness, light-heartedness, general gameplay.
FFVII - The Pillar of Story - Protagonists, antagonists, notable events, plot.
FFXIV - The Pillar of Adventure - Exploration, fantasy, scale, lore, growth.
FFXV - The Pillar of Darkness - Seriousness, darkness, despair, maturity.

FFI - The Pillar of Anonymity - Hello my name is Fighter and I don't have any personality in the game itself

I suspect III would replace I if only I could bring myself to replay it and get any amount of notable distance into the game... someday!