PDA

View Full Version : Ivalice themed Final Fantasy XIV: Patch 4.1 The Legend Returns

Freya
09-29-2017, 08:10 PM
x8dmQB2uMR4

LOOK NEW PATCH. We heard you like Final Fantasy Tactics :D So we put Tactics in your MMO!

Thoughts?

Galuf
10-22-2017, 04:52 PM
I havent played FFT but I think this raid is in the top 3 so far. With Weeping city and Sycrus Tower being my other 2. Its pretty tough. But not too tough. Only problem is the final boss spoiled me on who a bad guy was so meow but its been like 15 years or something so I have no excuse or worries.

I like how the story fits well into the world of FFXIV too. And bagamnan making a return is cool too I always liked that dude and his bangaa siblings. Aye its fun.

Hope this thread isnt too out of date :x

Jinx
10-22-2017, 06:05 PM
It's really just the new 24-man raid that's FFT themed. It's a fun time, and beautiful, but I don't care about Ivalice. Never have, doubt I ever will, so it's wasted on me.

HW 24-mans were the best, because they were completely original content, and the story was relative to FFXIV exclusively. The only throwback was there was a cat character named Cait Sith (who has a completely different personality than FFVII Cait Sith).

Tbh, a lot of content this expansion has been lazy reskins of old FF games. Which you expect to an extent, but too much of it is lame.

Galuf
10-27-2017, 11:34 AM
It's really just the new 24-man raid that's FFT themed. It's a fun time, and beautiful, but I don't care about Ivalice. Never have, doubt I ever will, so it's wasted on me.

HW 24-mans were the best, because they were completely original content, and the story was relative to FFXIV exclusively. The only throwback was there was a cat character named Cait Sith (who has a completely different personality than FFVII Cait Sith).

Tbh, a lot of content this expansion has been lazy reskins of old FF games. Which you expect to an extent, but too much of it is lame.

Agree with you on that last part. I likw tge old callbacks but I think tge omega was enough. I mean we got neo exdeath we dont need anything else

Shauna
10-27-2017, 04:21 PM
idk it's not any worse than any other expansion has been in terms of throwing down call backs and references to other FF titles :shrug:

Galuf
10-27-2017, 11:33 PM
Well aside from zenos merging with Shinryu being like vayne merging with venat there wasnt much callback to ffxii in msq despite being centered around the XIIth legion (all the garlen legions are based of of villains from the same name in ff. Vith is general leo viithis Sephiroth and xivth is new) so thats cool