PDA

View Full Version : Osama bin Laden owned a copy of FFVII

Bubba
11-02-2017, 08:34 AM
http://entertainment.ie/gaming/Osama-Bin-Laden-had-a-copy-of-Final-Fantasy-VII-in-his-compound-when-he-died/398837.htm

So it turns out that former terrorist Osama bin Laden had a copy of FFVII in his compound when he died. He also had Resident Evil and assorted movies. I suppose it's not a huge surprise when you consider the game starts with you bombing a reactor as a group of terrorists.

This is weird for me. It almost makes him seem more human and I don't want to think of him that way.

Anyway, what do you think? Where do you think he got up to? I'm half hoping he was killed by the Guard Scorpion and never played it again.

Fynn
11-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Of course he was human. That's undeniable. People demonize historical monsters because that way we can feel better about ourselves. We want to silence that voice deep down that reminds us that each and every one of us has the potential to become a monster and not even notice it. Because you still believed that what you did was right.

Bubba
11-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I know he was. It's just that some part of my wants to think that humans aren't capable of that but of course... they are. It's just a weird image for me, him sat there with his big beard and thawb attempting to stop Sephiroth and save the planet.

Fynn
11-02-2017, 10:01 AM
I agree, it is weird. Though as you said, the opening of the game makes an odd kind of sense for him to enjoy

Psychotic
11-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Weren't there some fears that he'd dressed up as a woman to escape? Guess he took a leaf from Cloud's playbook.

Bubba
11-02-2017, 05:48 PM
Weren't there some fears that he'd dressed up as a woman to escape? Guess he took a leaf from Cloud's playbook.

True, but I heard that he just put on a burka. I heard that some of Bin Laden's men felt that his insistence on a full face of make-up and bikini briefs were over the top.

charliepanayi
11-02-2017, 05:58 PM
I'm amazed Fox News aren't now demanding that the game be banned forever

Crop
11-03-2017, 12:39 AM
I like to think that if I had been captured by Al Qaeda I would have earned his respect and my freedom by defeating Demon's Gate for him.

Example
11-04-2017, 12:41 AM
wtf i hate ff7 now

maybee
11-05-2017, 01:47 AM
I'm amazed Fox News aren't now demanding that the game be banned forever

Kibbs Kibbard
02-11-2018, 03:32 PM
That's interesting, I can see how Resident Evil could have been used to try and make biological weapons or sorts, or at least the pipe dream of it. That tid bit article also said, it was most likely used for the children that where staying with the group. It also could have been ole' Osama's as well...