PDA

View Full Version : Please don't smurf this up... (Remake)

Wolf Kanno
11-06-2017, 04:51 AM
Okay, of all the moments in the game, which is the one moment you care about the most and hope you'll see it given due justice in the remake? No, the entire game is not an option. I'm wondering what one moment you're looking forward to the most to see how it's handled in the remake whether SE barely touches it or whether you hope they will change it for the better. What is the one moment you care about so much you hope SE doesn't screw it up?

Fynn
11-06-2017, 05:49 AM
The whole Wall Market episode

(of course, they're totally going to screw this one up :P)

KleinerKiller
11-06-2017, 06:30 AM
Everything to do with Cid, his airship, the story surrounding it, and its launch and availability to the player. If that stuff isn't rendered as touching and grandiose as it should be, it'll put a serious damper on the whole thing.

Tied with the whole stretch from the raid on Shinra HQ to the Motor Ball fight, because I've just always really liked that part.

Psychotic
11-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Just Midgar in general, followed by Cosmo Canyon. Also I am curious as to what the fuck they're going to do about the Honeybee Inn. Surely they won't...?

Shiva95
11-06-2017, 12:38 PM
The entire sequence of Cloud and Tifa in the Lifestream. This part gives me chills every time, and I really want that to happen in the remake too.

Jinx
11-06-2017, 05:14 PM
The whole Wall Market episode

(of course, they're totally going to screw this one up :P)

THE BEAUTIFUL BRO

But yeah, this is totally my answer.

Skyblade
11-06-2017, 05:21 PM
"Alright people, let's mosey."
In other words: Cloud's personality.

CimminyCricket
11-06-2017, 08:58 PM
"Alright people, let's mosey."
In other words: Cloud's personality.

Too late. He's gonna be so depressed the whole thing

Bubba
11-06-2017, 09:12 PM
I'm gonna go with the obvious end-of-disc-1 moment. That and Nanaki & Seto. I better feel some feelings.

Example
11-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Zack and Aerith's deaths, the former they already smurfed up in Crisis Core. Also all of Midgar, Junon and the Gold Saucer.

Galuf
11-07-2017, 10:57 AM
The horror that is YingYang.

its a moment.a moment of nightmares

Loony BoB
11-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Cloud himself. Let's make sure they don't turn Then into Now.

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/aLKDoov_700b_v1.jpg

Vincent, Thunder God
11-08-2017, 07:09 PM
I really hope everything around Cloud's breakdown and return to the party on the airship is handled well. That was a big moment for me. In fact everything around that point in the game with other characters being the party leader (Cid on the train etc) will be really tough for them to nail - especially with voice acting - it worked really well with text but I'm having trouble imagining it with the typical localization VA's. Should be interesting to see what they do with it.

Laddy
11-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Aerith being funny, feisty, and endearingly normal rather than the imperiled waif Square Enix is really trying to sell to us.

Loony BoB
11-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Wait, when was Aeris being sold that way?

Fynn
11-10-2017, 02:51 PM
everywhere aside from the main game

Loony BoB
11-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Really? I never really saw her any differently. She never struck me as some damsel and always struck me as someone who looks at the likes of Zack and Cloud as these guys she needs to take care of, not vice versa. The closest I recall her to being someone "in need" is when she asked Cloud to be her bodyguard.

Fynn
11-10-2017, 03:14 PM
She's basically the Virgin Mary in Advent Children

Loony BoB
11-10-2017, 03:22 PM
When she told all those Your Mother jokes?

Wait, wait, I just remembered I've seen it more in the fandubs than I have in the real dialogue. Just read the English script though and it doesn't seem anything outlandish for Obi Wan ghost style stuff. She only has like ten lines anyway.

Uchu
11-13-2017, 03:49 AM
Those moments where you truly feel like your moving on to a new area. The sense of going on a grand journey.

When playing the original back in the day, you couldn't go back to certain areas immediately, if at all. Such as Midgar and the Chocobo Farm after passing the Midgar Zolom (well, you're not supposed to anyway). For me at least, I thought this helped give the journey significance and even urgency.

For example, the point when you leave Midgar for the first time and the party is pretty nervous of what's to come. If we can just waltz straight back into Midgar afterwards then these kind of character moments are kind of lost.

With the continuing shift to more open world design and companies not really wanting to spend time and money developing assets that are only used once I wonder how this will play out.

Loony BoB
11-13-2017, 08:44 PM
If anything, SE have no problem with that, as FFXIII showed.