View Full Version : Not even 10 threads in the last 7 days

Aulayna
11-09-2017, 06:05 PM
...is this it? Is this the end? :(

Discuss.

Freya
11-09-2017, 06:06 PM
:gator:

Usually slows down around this time of year. Lots of holidays and what not.

Fynn
11-09-2017, 06:07 PM
lol no

Psychotic
11-09-2017, 06:23 PM
Nothing ever lasts forever, but I don't think the end is quite here yet! I think there's years left. Not another 18 or however many we're on now but enough.

Aulayna
11-09-2017, 06:41 PM
Btw, did you ever manage to fix the graphical problem you asked me about?

Psychotic
11-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Nope! I tried a lot of things, got grumpy and gave up!

Bubba
11-09-2017, 08:06 PM

Vincent, Thunder God
11-10-2017, 12:20 AM
I just made a pretty big purchase through the Amazon.ca referral link so hopefully that helps a bit. I use Amazon quite often and I'll be sure to use the referral link in the future.

Darth Ganon
11-10-2017, 03:37 AM
Goonies never say die.

Fynn
11-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Tbh, I think there's no point in worrying whether we're dying or not. We're alive now. So let's have fun while it lasts. EoFF is still where all my online besties are. And that's really all that matters right now

Loony BoB
11-10-2017, 03:12 PM
EoFF has been dying a slow, painful death for the last two or three years. I'd say probably really early 2015 was the last time I'd call the site active.

Like so many things, it will go out with a wimper, not a bang. If Dear Leader Towns was good enough, he'd just smurfing blow the whole place up and scrub our troutty post history from the web as best he could. It'd be a win-win.
I mean you can always just pretend that's happened if you really don't want it to carry on xD But I like to think most of us are still enjoying the place.

Still throwing money at this place. Costs me a tidy sum over the year now that I binned Google Ads and the Amazon payments have dried up but it's a part of my life I'm happy to keep going.

Psychotic
11-10-2017, 03:30 PM
My perception is that is the three top general forums that have been the worst hit. The Lounge, Gaming and FF forums are not doing too badly.
It helps that so many of us are connected in ways outside of the forum, that it EoFF finally does die, it won't feel like too much of a loss.I'm an EoFF exclusive, baby :cool:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-10-2017, 04:57 PM
All this time Psy has been an AI trapped inside the EoFF database.

If the website goes away, he simply ceases to exist. Think of the Walruses, people. Save them.

But really, even though traffic has definitely been quieter, we're doing okay. Dissidia may be coming out soon but we don't really have the FFXV traffic of "waiting many years for this game to come out" and wanting to talk about it.

Or maybe my reasons are just excuses. But you know what, I defend EoFF against all naysayers.

https://i.imgur.com/bj7O4Tz.gif

Shauna
11-10-2017, 05:08 PM
It helps that so many of us are connected in ways outside of the forum, that it EoFF finally does die, it won't feel like too much of a loss.I'm an EoFF exclusive, baby :cool:

Don't worry, I'll keep you updated with texts.

"omg you wont believe what that jinx said on facespace!!!1"

Psychotic
11-10-2017, 06:38 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/122310-EOFF-is-pathetic

Here's a thread from 8 years ago about why EoFF was awful and about to die.

Shoeberto
11-10-2017, 06:57 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/122310-EOFF-is-pathetic

Here's a thread from 8 years ago about why EoFF was awful and about to die.
Nice.

I only just recently started checking the place out again, and indeed the traffic does seem to be pretty low. But at the same time, I get it. It's not the same that it used to be but that's life. Sometimes it's nice to have a hobby project or a place for friends to hang out online. (I didn't always feel this way, but a few years exclusively on the big social networks, and seeing how detrimental that is, has made me more appreciative of small communities online. I've run a small chat server at a loss for 3+ years now and every penny has been worth it compared to the "free" offerings on the big social sites).

That said, I'm still hopeful of being able to poach off some of you into Mastodon (https://straylight.expectnomore.net/). But even if that never takes off, I'll just hang out there with a few fediverse peeps. Seems better to fizzle out as a small, independent, tight-knit community rather than get caught up in the sort of trout you see on Facebook/Twitter/etc.

Fynn
11-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Oh man, I remember Hazzard!

Sephex
11-10-2017, 11:34 PM
It is what it is. I love how low key this place is. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to see a surge in activity, but there is something cozy and charming to me about things as they are. I'm riding the waves, man.

Denmark
11-11-2017, 04:05 AM
just need to reconvene all the bored atheists of the world in one place again

Sephex
11-11-2017, 04:30 AM
Random fact. My next birthday I'll be 36. I joined this forum when I was 18. So when my birthday rolls around I guess I have literally spent have my life here. I just

https://i.imgur.com/LoAcF6Q.jpg

Wolf Kanno
11-11-2017, 04:37 AM
Did Psy not teach you anything? (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/170081-Death-of-a-Fansite-An-EoFF-RPG)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-11-2017, 05:25 AM
Also:

http://www.aiyon.com/keke/goldenage.jpg

Sephex
11-11-2017, 05:48 AM
I do legit miss when I first joined. This was at the time seeing video game sprites as avatars and signatures was so novel. There was just something oddly comforting seeing heavily pixelated SNES graphics on a CRT monitor. But I have come to terms long ago that it is one of the many things I get weirdly nostalgic for, and that's just the way things are.

Shauna
11-11-2017, 07:35 PM

Don't worry, I'll keep you updated with texts.

"omg you wont believe what that jinx said on facespace!!!1"

WHAT WILL SHE SAY NEXT

apparently talking to nobody what a crazy chick

Hoju
11-12-2017, 06:01 AM
Despite being super busy these days I will try to help keep this community alive. So many of my old hangouts are gone. While I never joined this forum before I've lurked here before and have known about this site for over a decade.

FFNut
11-12-2017, 11:16 AM
This place has some life in it yet. Most of us members are older now and not able to be as active as we would like. Also I get maybe 45 mins of gaming in on a good day now due to how busy I am. I can say though this is the one place online where I feel I have made legit friendships and it’s the people of EoFF that keep it alive. I love all the members here!

Del Murder
11-13-2017, 06:34 PM
EoFF is like The Simpsons. Well past it's prime but still has plenty of people who care. And it will never end.

Well-Dressed Ginger
11-13-2017, 07:57 PM
It is not the end! This post made me sad, so i joined this site. I want to be part of the dying site. I feel like Noel, Caius and Yeul in their dying world. I think Reddit stole all of this site's traffic.

Shauna
11-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Welcome! I imagine that yes, reddit has stolen a bunch of traffic from all sorts of little fansites. One stop to get all your news.

Well-Dressed Ginger
11-13-2017, 08:20 PM
Yeah. It's a shame because the individual sites are cool and unique. It makes me sad seeing all of your guys' dates for "Member Since" some are all the way back in 2001! That's crazy to me. You yourself joined in 05. Obviously you all have loved this site for a long time.

Pike
11-13-2017, 09:11 PM
That said, I'm still hopeful of being able to poach off some of you into Mastodon (https://straylight.expectnomore.net/). But even if that never takes off, I'll just hang out there with a few fediverse peeps. Seems better to fizzle out as a small, independent, tight-knit community rather than get caught up in the sort of trout you see on Facebook/Twitter/etc.

I like that it's called the Villa Straylight I approve

Necronopticous
11-13-2017, 11:25 PM
what

Shaymin
11-21-2017, 05:59 AM
EoFF is plenty healthy. I hang out in an actual near dead forum. We're lucky to have 2 new threads a month and Im the one usually posting them.

Rocket Edge
11-21-2017, 10:13 AM
EoFF is plenty healthy. I hang out in an actual near dead forum. We're lucky to have 2 new threads a month and Im the one usually posting them.
xD

Well I''be returning to this place when I'm 100. I'll never leave!

Nicol Bolas
11-21-2017, 04:25 PM
...is this it? Is this the end? :(

Discuss.I'll do my best to post as much as I can to help.

Shoeberto
11-22-2017, 03:18 PM

I like that it's called the Villa Straylight I approve
If I've learned anything from the Social Mediums, it's how to target my Brand™

Christmas
01-14-2023, 01:35 PM
6 years later and we are still going strong. We have more than 10 threads revived in the last 7 days. The sun will never set in EoFF. Not even when Psychotic's cock stopped standing.

Christmas
01-15-2023, 01:13 PM

I understand how you feel. :(

Quindiana Jones
01-26-2023, 03:53 PM
Oof, that stings.

Don't worry, MASMAS, there's life in these old timbers yet.