PDA

View Full Version : Avengers: Infinity War

charliepanayi
11-29-2017, 07:54 PM
But why is Phil Mitchell off Eastenders the villain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8

Darth Ganon
11-30-2017, 05:44 AM
The trailer was amazingly overwhelming. I can't imagine how it's all going to fit into a (probably) two hour long max movie. No mention of it being a two part film anywhere?

Freya
11-30-2017, 02:59 PM
They all gonna die.

Del Murder
11-30-2017, 04:28 PM
Too many characters, man. They're all in it!

Once Thanos gets all the stones doesn't that make him pretty unstoppable? Time alone seems to be enough to make someone invincible.

Sephex
11-30-2017, 05:31 PM
Yep, looks like a Marvel movie.

Fynn
11-30-2017, 09:08 PM
Didn't they say this was, like, the last one?

Del Murder
11-30-2017, 09:35 PM
It's a two parter so there will be Infinity War Part 2 at some point. But Infinity War is supposed to be the last of the RDJ Iron Man-led Avenger movies. My guess is that him or Captain America dies at the end or both. It's far from the last Marvel movie because they already have like four more that I can think of off the top of my head (Ant Man 2, Spider-Man Homecoming 2, GoG 3 and Ms. Marvel) that are coming out after this movie.

Basically, it will never end as long as there is money to be made.

WarZidane
12-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Infinity War and its sequel (unnamed, they've said it won't be called Infinity War part 2) are just the last movies of phase 3, just as the previous Avengers movies were the last of phase 1 and 2 (well, besides Ant-Man, which got switcharoo'd to the end of phase 2). Some of the current avengers' contracts will be over at the end of phase 3 but whether they'll kill them off, retire them or just re-up the contract, who knows.

Obviously they'll just go right ahead with phase 4, and probably phase 5 too. Expect more space and magic at that point, phase 1 and 2 started off relatively grounded so as to better invite newcomers to crazy comics shenanigans.

Skyblade
12-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Too many characters, man. They're all in it!

Once Thanos gets all the stones doesn't that make him pretty unstoppable? Time alone seems to be enough to make someone invincible.

Yes.

In the comics, one becomes basically omnipotent once one acquires all of them. Thanos kills half of the Marvel Universe with a thought, because he thought it would impress Death, whom he had a crush on (it didn't). He then tries to impress her by fighting the remaining Avengers, showing off his martial strength. One of Thanos's advisers (Mephisto) convinced him that Death, being a lady, would hardly be impressed by a battle that Thanos could not lose. He therefore convinced Thanos to give up his omniscience to offer a slight chance to the mortals fighting him. However, when he can still literally just turn Thor into a glass statue with a thought, it's not a very fair fight.

After winning that battle, Thanos "ascends" to being an entity no longer bound by the physical realm... Which means he left his gauntlet and his shiny power gems behind, where they're nabbed by Nebula, who was basically a zombie husk dragged around as a trophy/example by Thanos, but wasn't so far gone that she missed the ultimate power sitting right in front of her. Before Thanos could react, she takes the gems and restores herself to the peak of her power, while removing Thanos's. She then undoes basically everything done with them lately with a single thought, which restores the Marvel Universe to life...and turns her back into a brain-broken zombie. But, Thanos gloats about her mistake instead of just taking the glove back immediately, and she restores herself again before anyone else can take it from her.

A group of cosmic entities attacked Nebula all at once while she had the gems, and she fought them by hand, being too distracted to realize she could just think them into nonexistence. While she is winning the fight easily, she's distracted enough that the Silver Surfer and Adam Warlock can use Warlock's connection to the Soul Gem to disrupt the gems and steal the gauntlet from her. This puts the gems in the hands of Warlock.

That's basically the end of the arc, with a new holder serving as a new omnipotent being in the Marvel universe... Until his power is unceremoniously stripped by an entity called the Living Tribunal who has power beyond the gems and says that the current wielder isn't suited to carry them, making the entire arc somewhat pointless and showing that even omnipotence is really just a scale on the massive power creep of comic books (especially as the Living Tribunal itself is then subservient to another entity of even greater power).

Nice
12-02-2017, 06:30 AM
I think Logan will be the pinnacle of this genre. This new Avengers movie just looks like too much. It's like a plate with too much food on it.

Mercen-X
12-04-2017, 06:09 PM
I'm hoping with all we've seen in the trailer they haven't gone the way of previous films (Justice League etc) by showing us all the good stuff and leaving no surprises to look forward to. It's hard to imagine it's even possible.

Chibi Youkai
12-06-2017, 01:20 AM
Other than the whole thing with Vision, they really haven't shown us all that much. They won't even tell us the name of part two because it's going to be a spoiler, so there's at least one major thing that they haven't shown yet. This is only the first trailer, so there's going to be a lot more to come as the date draws closer. At this point though, either you're going to see the movie or you're not, and trailers aren't going to make much of a difference. This one was okay, but there was nothing super-crazy in it that got me excited. I'll go see it, but it'll be because we're over a dozen movies in and I'm interested to see what happens to these characters, not because of this first footage.

Freya
04-05-2018, 04:48 PM
Guys, trailer!

QwievZ1Tx-8

WarZidane
04-11-2018, 09:59 PM
Much hype, saw a trailer tonight in the cinema, which I hadn't seen before.

Still need to see Guardians 2 and Thor 3 somehow, before this one's in theaters >.>

charliepanayi
04-24-2018, 08:40 AM
Bump as it's out this week.

Depression Moon
04-25-2018, 06:55 PM
It's a two parter so there will be Infinity War Part 2 at some point. But Infinity War is supposed to be the last of the RDJ Iron Man-led Avenger movies. My guess is that him or Captain America dies at the end or both. It's far from the last Marvel movie because they already have like four more that I can think of off the top of my head (Ant Man 2, Spider-Man Homecoming 2, GoG 3 and Ms. Marvel) that are coming out after this movie.

Basically, it will never end as long as there is money to be made.
Correction, they're making Captain Marvel. I would love if they made a Ms. Marvel movie though since Captain Marvel I hear is boring. Avengers 4 comes out next year I believe.

Darkhero
04-26-2018, 12:52 AM
I'll be seeing it next week. I'm excited.

WarZidane
04-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Saw it Wednesday, great movie. Possibly my favorite MCU movie thus far.

charliepanayi
04-27-2018, 04:36 PM
So basically Thanos causes the Rapture and retires to Hobbiton?

Depression Moon
04-28-2018, 04:30 AM
Man this movie was fucking flames!

Shauna
04-29-2018, 12:06 AM
P good times were had watching this. Plenty to complain about over drinks tho

Freya
04-30-2018, 12:59 AM
So the movie ends and the theater is quiet and some.guy loudly says "What?!" In the quiet and it was so perfect that the whole theater busts out laughing.

Our theater was a great crowd. They would clap when characters make their appearances or when epic shit happened

Scotty_ffgamer
04-30-2018, 01:38 AM
I’m behind on these movies. I’m watching Thor Ragnarok tonight and then probably seeing this movie Tuesday.

Slothy
04-30-2018, 01:53 AM
Loved it.

charliepanayi
04-30-2018, 09:09 AM
Our theater was a great crowd. They would clap when characters make their appearances or when epic trout happened

I'd absolutely hate being stuck in an audience like that

Freya
04-30-2018, 11:12 AM
Nah it wasn't obnoxious. It was very apt. They'd gasp at the right times or laugh at others. You really felt connected.

Loony BoB
04-30-2018, 02:59 PM
I'm with charlie, I don't mind gasps, but clapping? No, no, no! D:

Movie was good, but will reserve judgement on the entire thing until next year I guess! Depending on what happens this movie could be cheapened or validated. I'm optimistic though!

Psychotic
04-30-2018, 03:03 PM
I think it's an American thing. The first time I saw a movie while I was in the USA, the audience burst out into raucous applause at the end. It spun me the smurf out. What are you uncivilised savages doing?! You do realise that the people on the screen can't actually hear you, right? It's not like going to a show or a concert!

I'm fine with it now though and while I can't say I'd ever do it myself it does give me a wry smile. If they're enjoying it and they're that into it then smurf it, shine on you crazy diamonds.

Ergroilnin
04-30-2018, 06:26 PM
So I went to see this today... And I loved it! For how many story big characters there are in MCU, they did well giving each plenty of time.

Also till now, I never was stoked on Thanos from all the little after credit scenes and from random bits of info I have read on him on the web through the years, but man, I totally dig him. Thanos for best mcu villain ever.

As for the clapping thing... ugh... please don't... But I guess that would be still far better than the three or so bands of like 7-9 yo aged kids sometimes just getting up from their seats and running and almost screaming around with their parents either not giving a single shit or not even being there. That almost killed the experience for me ._.

Freya
04-30-2018, 06:57 PM
Oh guys it's not like it was obnoxious hooting and hollering. It was more like people just going "Woo! that person is there and going to help, they're awesome!" by clapping occasionally. They aren't yelling at the screen. They're just... reacting!

They'd all laugh when a joke was said, they'd gasp when something dramatic happened. They just had great reactions. They weren't talking during the movie or yelling at it. They weren't being upsetting with their reactions, they just reacted. People were connected to the characters so when things happened, you could feel it with the crowd.

You all must not actually like showing emotions if people reacting when you're supposed to react is bothersome.

charliepanayi
04-30-2018, 07:30 PM
I just draw the line at applause! Unless the film in question is My Neighbour Totoro.

Mercen-X
05-01-2018, 06:58 AM
I don't remember precisely when, but most of the audience in my viewing did clap at one point. I didn't. I was drinking a pepsi. But there was plenty of laughter. At one point, something unexpected happened and I think I remember a faint voice saying "boo" or maybe "no". I want to see the movie again.

Loony BoB
05-01-2018, 11:07 AM
Clapping at the end of the film is fine, even if a little odd. Clapping during a film is just not something I agree with. Yes, you're supposed to react with laughter/gasps, and even the odd "awww" but these can be kind of hushed into murmurs. Even the odd "omg" is great, so long as it's a hushed thing. I just think you can react without trying to increase the noise you are making in order to minimise the impact on others.

This reminds me of that Black Panther Twitter escapade. :D

Of course, I'd have easily taken a clapper over the bloody asshole I suffered a few seats away from throughout this film, talking throughout the movie as if he were sitting at a café with his mate the entire time, saying stuff like what he thought was going to happen, or, when Thanos approaches kid Gamora in the distance (a silhouette at this point) in the Soul World place, says "That's Gamora" before she is revealed... urgh, like, I knew it was, but I hate that there is someone talking like that through a film. This is why I rarely watch films on release weekend. I love it when you're in a near-empty cinema.

WarZidane
05-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Yeah, reacting is fine, just don't be obnoxious about it. I'm there to enjoy the movie, not the outbursts of the guy next to me :p

Anyway, when I saw it none of the other viewers bothered me, so that's nice.

theundeadhero
05-01-2018, 10:42 PM
I find clapping at movies only slightly less ridiculous than clapping when an airplane lands.

Fox
05-01-2018, 11:27 PM
Saw this tonight. It was... certainly different! I didn't dislike it but... yeah xD

WHAT I EXPECTED: Captain America: Civil War (But bigger and in space)
WHAT I GOT: A strong desire to hug something

Black Magic Shopkeeper
05-02-2018, 05:28 AM
I was pleasantly surprised by the movie's turnout. I was growing tired of the same old pattern of the heroes winning without actually effective stakes. And I mean, while I know a good majority of damage control will be done in Part 2 (it'll HAVE to be if they want the next cluster of Marvel movies to come out), I left feeling fueled by the sadness of my sister and the lady that was sitting in front of us.

... I'm not very kind to the cast. But I do want to hug Rocket. Poor guy. :/

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-02-2018, 05:29 AM
I can take or leave the clapping and cheering. I don't do it but I kind of like the unity of everyone enjoying the movie together and rallying behind their favorite characters.

The thing that gets me is when people bellow over laughing at a joke that was in a trailer. You know they've seen it 100 times because you've seen it 100 times.

I really enjoyed the movie, but I'll feel cheated out of my sadness if the time stone can just save everyone that died.

I'm pretty sure everyone who died in the opening will stay dead, and maybe Gamora? There's a theory or two floating around.

Knowing what Marvel movies are coming out in the future let's you know certain people will return. But I honestly think it would be bold of them to just have a Game of Thrones moment. Have the next Black Panther movie see a new Wakandan take the role, have Rocket and Nebula lead a new team of Guardians. It's not gonna happen, but I'd respect the bold move.

There's plenty of loss to be had in the second movie, I'm sure, but I think everyone who vanished into dust is "safe".

Jessweeee♪
05-02-2018, 02:26 PM
Why doesn't Thanos, the largest of the cast, simply eat the smaller avengers?

Mr. Carnelian
05-02-2018, 11:42 PM
Me and Formy saw it today. In my opinion, it was good, but not great. A lot of flash, not all that much substance. Enjoyable for what it was, though. 7/10

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-04-2018, 02:12 AM
If you were to go about watching the previous 18 movies in preparation for this movie, how would you go about it?

Assuming you didn't buy all these dvds over the years, would you just rent each one for 3 dollars a piece? That adds up.

Trying to find the best way to enjoy the whole universe without breaking the bank.

I saw most of the movies when they came out, so I didn't feel like there was anything I was in the dark about when I saw Infinity War, but there are still a few I haven't seen.

Loony BoB
05-04-2018, 03:01 PM
It depends on how ethical you want to be about it. :smash:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Alright, the question in my post but assuming you want to be ethical about it.

Loony BoB
05-05-2018, 06:18 PM
My best guess in that case would be to watch them on TV if possible, and if not, then either download films if they are legally available at a decent price or buy the DVDs second hand from eBay etc. or local stores.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-05-2018, 07:15 PM
I know I’ve seen some of them still on Netflix, but I don’t know if they are still there

Spuuky
05-06-2018, 02:14 AM
Why doesn't Thanos, the largest of the cast, simply eat the smaller avengers?Thanos isn't bigger than the Hulk.

Del Murder
05-06-2018, 07:35 AM
If Thanos eats Bruce Banner and he hulks up in his belly, then what happens?

Loony BoB
05-06-2018, 10:06 AM
Thanos will become the new Hulk Suit.

As for Spuuky's post, I think that's why Jessweeee? said "smaller avengers" instead of just "avengers".

Spuuky
05-06-2018, 03:25 PM
What did you take "the largest of the cast" to mean, then?

Jessweeee♪
05-06-2018, 07:48 PM
cant a girl make a futurama reference in an avengers thread without being 100% factually correct

Shauna
05-06-2018, 08:52 PM
Clearly not.

Scotty_ffgamer
05-09-2018, 05:19 AM
Finally saw it. It was pretty good.

Chibi Youkai
05-09-2018, 10:12 AM
It was an enjoyable movie. Some of the plotholes / twists were pretty obvious, but that's pretty par for the course with Marvel.

Wolf Kanno
05-13-2018, 05:51 AM
Saw this tonight, pretty good flick, better than the last two Avengers movies (yes I'm counting Civil War as an Avengers movie) and I really appreciated the development given to Thanos.

Darkhero
05-14-2018, 03:12 PM
Saw it yesterday and enjoyed it. Even as a fan of the original comic arc, it lived up to my expectations.

I'm guessing that after the next film either Iron Man or Cap (or possibly both) will end up dead or retiring, even after restoring half the universe. I doubt Gamora will stay dead as that hampers the chance of a new Guardians movie, but Loki probably will. Will there be an Avengers 5? Probably, but it could end up with Captain Marvel or someone else leading them. I also can't rule out the chance of a complete reboot, but I'd only want that if they incorporated the 20th Century Fox owned characters.

Baloki
06-03-2018, 12:35 PM
The title of this thread really should have been *snaps fingers*

Loony BoB
06-03-2018, 12:45 PM
It probably had that as the second half of the thread title but half of the title had to go.