PDA

View Full Version : Netflix' Bright

Freya
12-31-2017, 03:45 AM
6EZCBSsBxko

So I watched this baby tonight and I very much enjoyed it. Anyone else check it out yet? I adore the world they've created.

Rostum
01-01-2018, 08:44 AM
I thought it was fairly mediocre. Not bad, just nothing special. There's a lot of potential in a sequel though.

fat_moogle
01-02-2018, 12:59 AM
I thought it was fairly mediocre. Not bad, just nothing special.
Pretty much this. I might have enjoyed it more if it was a series rather than a film as it all felt a bit rushed and needed a bit of fleshing out.

Rostum
01-02-2018, 03:22 AM
Pretty much this. I might have enjoyed it more if it was a series rather than a film as it all felt a bit rushed and needed a bit of fleshing out.

Man, if this was a series that fleshed out the world and characters a bit more this could have really been something.

Freya
01-02-2018, 06:07 PM
I heard it has been greenlit for a sequel already!

fat_moogle
01-03-2018, 01:13 AM

Man, if this was a series that fleshed out the world and characters a bit more this could have really been something.

Yeah. If we really got to know more about the Brights and how they came to be, the elves and their rise to riches, the orcs and their struggles to integrate with society etc then it could have been something special.

I heard it has been greenlit for a sequel already!
If that's the case then here's hoping it delves in to what I spoke about above.

Freya
01-03-2018, 02:44 AM
I dunno I felt that would have been too heavy handed? I don't like being over explained things when explaining with little nuggets here and there works fine.

charliepanayi
01-03-2018, 03:43 PM
It is indeed getting a sequel.

Chibi Youkai
01-05-2018, 01:43 AM
It was a good popcorn flick. A bit heavy-handed, but the actors clearly had fun with it, and hopefully the sequel will play more in the universe that they set up. Speaking of that universe, it would probably make for a good tabletop rpg.