PDA

View Full Version : The World Ends With You: Final Remix announced for Switch.

Wolf Kanno
01-11-2018, 07:35 PM
Fans have been clamoring for sequel to this cult favorite DS game, and we're still mostly getting ports but at least SE is keeping the dream alive. So the Nintendo Direct recently showed off this game (http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/11/world-ends-final-remix-announced-nintendo-switch-2018/) and it's getting a bit of an "Atlus treatment" with a new scenario being added to wet your whistle a little.

YoshioKST
01-11-2018, 07:43 PM
It's a pulse, the franchise lives! I'm not too crazy about the singlescreen combat for this classic (and the pins that were activated through sound or such?), but it's still great news! Since X|X-2 and XII Zodiac Age remasters, I'm pretty confident of Square making an effort with their ports, so I hope this'll have some sort of new controller features for the partner combat rather than make them a glorified pin for solo play. Either way, new TWEWY content is good content.

Of course it was gonna be on the Switch, because Nin knows what they're doing with this thing. My wallet is going to suffer when they announce the actual sequel, maybe even within the year.

Fynn
01-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Yeah, this is probably gonna be the Solo Mix version again. Not that I’m complaining since that version had better music variety!

Wait no, that can’t be right since that was optimized for a touchscreen, and I don’t think the Switch has that!

Skyblade
01-12-2018, 12:58 AM
Yeah, this is probably gonna be the Solo Mix version again. Not that I’m complaining since that version had better music variety!

Wait no, that can’t be right since that was optimized for a touchscreen, and I don’t think the Switch has that!

The Switch does have touchscreen controls in handheld mode, and they were confirmed to work with the game.

Personally, I’m more looking forward to trying the controllers, because I was not a fan of the game’s touch controls.

Zora
01-12-2018, 03:58 AM

handheld mode has touch screen (i.e. switch's handheld screen is touch screen); I think they're using motion controls for TV play?

Vyk
01-14-2018, 05:42 AM
Funny how the two games I refuse to emulate, and have thus far been too lazy to buy for the original DS are both getting renovations, and I'm not sure if that even helps my situation. I don't really like what they've done to Radiant Historia, and I'm not committed to getting a Switch yet. So I may still just end up buying the DS version of this eventually. But it's good that it's not as forgotten as it seemed

Del Murder
01-18-2018, 07:41 PM
It's great this game is being exposed to those who may not have played it because it is a great game. Usually I would hope this leads to a sequel, but TWEWY was so perfect that I don't think it needs one. Perhaps this will inspire a spiritual sequel that uses similar mechanics and storytelling.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-18-2018, 09:16 PM
I’d really like a spiritual sequel to this game. I probably will get the switch version despite liking the gameplay of the ds version.

Example
01-24-2018, 12:46 PM
I'm keen. I never finished the original but I was really impressed by how fun and innovative it was.

CimminyCricket
01-27-2018, 02:57 PM
Honestly, I never played the original. I might pick this one up depending on how reviews for it go.