PDA

View Full Version : Other forums you were a member of?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-13-2018, 12:32 PM
I think a lot of the members who joined in the early 2000's at least checked out other Final Fantasy forums, such as FFOnline.

I guess EZboard isn't a thing anymore.

Do you visit any other forums still?

Aulayna
01-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Used to visit:

FFRepublic
FFDiscovery
FFInsider
Hyrule: The Land of Zelda
Zelda Universe
Z64Planet
Zelda Central HQ

Only real forums I visit these days are the Official WoW and FFXIV ones and MMO-Champion, most other places are long dead or on life support.

Shauna
01-13-2018, 02:47 PM
I used to be an avid poster at GameFAQs.

Rocket Edge
01-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Still visit Boards.ie, menstennisforums, and the odd time on reddit. Forums that I used to visit were cod4boards & theOtaku. The former got dissolved, haven't visited the Otaku in about a decade.

Depression Moon
01-13-2018, 11:28 PM
I don't know. I don't want you e-stalking me.

Fox
01-13-2018, 11:59 PM
ffxii.net, y'all

:cool:

Represent!

fat_moogle
01-14-2018, 12:18 AM
ffxii.net, y'all

:cool:

Represent!
FFXII.net was life. I just logged in actually to wish the losers in the last person to post wins thread a happy new year.

I was also a member of FFXII.us. I wasn't a huge poster on there. I've checked in recently and they've got rid of the forums and now it's just a FFXII database with media, lore, list of gambits & techniques etc.

Also a member of Final Fantasy FXN. Forum is pretty much dead and is hanging on by a thread solely because of Chaz.

Fox
01-14-2018, 12:41 AM
FXN is the Cardcaptor Sakura discussion chatbox now. Shame but... forums are like Xenoblade 2's Titans; gradually, one by one, dying off and falling into the cloud sea.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-14-2018, 12:55 AM
I don't know. I don't want you e-stalking me.

Too late.

:aimkiss:

Cell
01-14-2018, 01:56 PM
Virtually every forum I visited has now died.

My first was Planet Namek in either late '98 or early '99.

Loony BoB
01-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Aiyon (RIP)
LiveJournal Forums (RIP)
Team exDee (RIP)
The Basement (RIP)
omgmygame (RIP)
Something? (RIP)
FF Legend (RIP)
Eyes off Final Fantasy (RIP)
vBulletin
Fool's Gold
the Gamer's Alliance
RedCafe
Test EoFF
Something Awful
XenForo
TheDisgaeaFan
Civ Fanatics
BioWare
The Admin Zone
WebHostingTalk
AnimeOnline
TripleTriad.net
RO-World

Apparently these are amongst the many going by my Yahoo! Mail archives.

Rocket Edge
01-16-2018, 11:07 AM
I forgot about IMDB forums. What a dick move removing them that was.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-16-2018, 03:46 PM
A part of me hopes forums have a big comeback. Nostalgia sells, and message boards could have a renaissance like cassette tapes or vinyl records.

Shoeberto
01-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Another Small Cave is the only one that ever really mattered.

Darth Ganon
01-17-2018, 05:36 AM
My very first was GameFAQs and I still post somewhat regularly, but just on the TV board right now.

After that was Final Fantasy Heaven which closed with the creation of RPG Wars.

When I had enough of that place I moved on to Gamers Forums which sadly closed.

Since then I've just meandered around on other boards not really laying many roots either from closures or inactivity. It doesn't help that I became must less social in general online.

Mercen-X
01-20-2018, 06:08 PM
I was a fairly active member of another forum when I first started here. But I seemed to have less in common with those people.

Denmark
01-21-2018, 03:55 AM
Aiyon (RIP)

same

also that one that was orange that i feel really bad for not remembering the name of, which is also rip

Loony BoB
01-21-2018, 09:20 AM
Was it black and orange? If so, it might be Something?.

Psychotic
01-21-2018, 09:49 AM
Aiyon (RIP)

same

also that one that was orange that i feel really bad for not remembering the name of, which is also ripRandom Foolishness, come on man. What would Tasty Crayon and Striff think if they were still alive and with us today?

Wolf Kanno
01-21-2018, 10:04 AM
While I've been on quite a few, I have a bad tendency to sign up, post maybe once or twice and then forget I was ever a member until my birthday rolls by and I get a Happy Birthday Email.

Not counting this forum, the only one I was ever a big poster on was The Ethos Sanctuary, which was a major Xenogears and Xenosaga forum in the late 90s early 00s. Got to watch that place implode after some backstage drama among the Monolith Soft Team came to light after the release of Episode 2.

If I'm not posting here, I'm usually working on one of the Wiki's I enjoy.

Night Fury
01-21-2018, 12:42 PM
The Spoony Forum, which I made a great friend that I still speak to on! This was like.... 2006 or something!

CimminyCricket
01-23-2018, 09:28 AM
Aiyon (RIP)
LiveJournal Forums (RIP)
Team exDee (RIP)
The Basement (RIP)
omgmygame (RIP)
Something? (RIP)
FF Legend (RIP)
Eyes off Final Fantasy (RIP)
vBulletin
Fool's Gold
the Gamer's Alliance
RedCafe
Test EoFF
Something Awful
XenForo
TheDisgaeaFan
Civ Fanatics
BioWare
The Admin Zone
WebHostingTalk
AnimeOnline
TripleTriad.net
RO-World

Apparently these are amongst the many going by my Yahoo! Mail archives.

Ah man. You're gonna have to add TDF to your RIP list. I brutally purged 4 years of posts on accident trying to dump spam accounts and associated posts. I can't even log in and I'm too lazy to try and fix the database error. Was an okay run.

Forums I posted in were FFShrine, thefinalfantasy, OMG My Game, God Hates Fraggles, Drake's Hangout, and at least one other I cant remember.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-23-2018, 04:05 PM
I tried to get on TDF the other day. It was a sad time.

CimminyCricket
01-23-2018, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I did a bad thing haha. When I went to a 10 week training, I kind of let it get over run by spam bots who posted like 20k worth of stuff and I misused a post pruning and well, you may not even have an account anymore.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-24-2018, 12:38 AM
I in fact do not. My Disgaea game I won from there is the only proof I have of existing on TDF!

CimminyCricket
01-26-2018, 01:31 AM
One day I will log in and add you back haha