PDA

View Full Version : So when was the last time you were excited by Final Fantasy?

Wolf Kanno
01-21-2018, 06:58 PM
Are you the type who gets pysched up with every new announcement or has the glory days come and pass? When was the last time you were truly exited by the franchise?

Scotty_ffgamer
01-21-2018, 08:51 PM
I honestly still get excited with every new Square announcement that isn’t mobile related.

Fynn
01-21-2018, 09:25 PM
Probably the lead up to XV. Then I realized I’ll probably never get a PS4 so there’s no point getting excited about anything

Vyk
01-21-2018, 10:28 PM
I think I was psyched up for XIII before it became a reality and I saw what we had. And the two associated games faded off to obscurity until they re-emerged as other games. Both of which I also let myself get excited for and bought Type-0 when it finally made it over. Had XV been complete upon release I would have grabbed that too. I'll still play it eventually

8, 9, 10, and 13 are still not for me but I don't feel the series has lost potential as much as I used to. Hopefully they've learned a lot. And I'll probably be interested in XVI

fat_moogle
01-21-2018, 10:39 PM
When the Fabula Nova Crytallis project was announced, and trailers were shown off for not one, not two, but THREE Final Fantasy XIII games. That was an epic moment and is legit the most excited I've ever been for a Final Fantasy announcement. We all know what a mess that turned out to be though, don't we.

Darth Ganon
01-22-2018, 03:03 AM
Final Fantasy XIII, honestly, and I went on to actually enjoy the game, too. Despite its flaws.

Spuuky
01-22-2018, 06:50 AM
When I found out I could download a fan-translated copy of Final Fantasy V to emulate, many years ago.

theundeadhero
01-22-2018, 09:43 AM
XII, I think. Its been a long time.

Loony BoB
01-22-2018, 10:48 AM
Stormblood, even though I couldn't play it at release I played it as soon as I was able to. FFVII Remake announcement got me excited too. Also, slightly different kind of excitement, but I get excited to watch my partner playing an FF for the first time.

Krizzy
01-22-2018, 11:47 AM
The last time I was excited by Final Fantasy was ages ago, 17 years to be exact.

I had been head over heels with FFIX, and I couldn't wait for X. I was a little disappointed with it though, it wasn't as good as I expected.

From that, it has been going downhill, too bad. :cry:

Shiva95
01-22-2018, 12:54 PM
I'm almost always excited when Square Enix makes an announcement about a Final Fantasy game, excepted when it's about mobile games.

Del Murder
01-22-2018, 06:16 PM
XIII got me excited. I was disappointed with it but the hype was still there. Nothing sense for FF. SE still excites me with other games and if FFXVI is more my style then I will be excited by it too.

Jinx
01-22-2018, 08:50 PM
Stormblood release. Too bad the launch was a disaster and the expansion has been lackluster, at best.

fat_moogle
01-22-2018, 10:24 PM
FFVII Remake announcement got me excited too.
I guess I lied in my first post, because the FFVII Remake announcement definitely got me excited. Here's hoping we'll hear more about it sooner rather than later.

Night Fury
01-23-2018, 10:16 AM
XII, I think. Its been a long time.

^

Rocket Edge
01-23-2018, 02:14 PM
Heavensward for FFXIV. Before that, FFXII. I wasn't all that excited for FFXIII because I remember feeling the gameplay and style was very different from classic FF games.

botnslave
01-24-2018, 02:27 AM
Ff7 remake most definitely. It's one of those things you can smell a mile away but it just never comes and then wham!
Too bad in predictable squarenix fashion, all I get is further discouraged by the information released of it.

Krizzy
01-24-2018, 06:09 AM
The last time I was excited by Final Fantasy was ages ago, 17 years to be exact.

I had been head over heels with FFIX, and I couldn't wait for X. I was a little disappointed with it though, it wasn't as good as I expected.

From that, it has been going downhill, too bad. :cry:

Oh how could I forget the "world of final fantasy"??? I had been excited by it, and it didn't fail me :)

Mercen-X
01-25-2018, 02:32 PM
When the online games were announced, I had no emotion. Usually, for the solo adventures, I very much look forward to experiencing the story firsthand. Although as has happened with Final Fantasy XII and XV, I tend to get overly distracted by sidequests and collection (I haven't completed either of them).

Shauna
01-25-2018, 08:06 PM
When I was going to see Distant Worlds in London.

Oh, you mean video games? Eh. FF has never kicked up much of a fuss in me.

Fynn
01-25-2018, 08:52 PM
Same, really. And it’s not really because the later games have ruined the series for me or anything. It’s just that it feels like part of me has moved on and grown out of FF, so I’m excited for other things

CimminyCricket
01-27-2018, 04:52 AM
Way back when Final Fantasy X was released. I was so stoked. It was also the first one I bought myself.

Wolf Kanno
01-27-2018, 05:51 AM
To answer my own question: FFXII. An FF title being worked on by one of my favorite gaming directors set in one of the coolest settings from last gen? Yeah, I was hooked.

maybee
01-27-2018, 06:05 AM
FF VII remake announcement a few years ago.

Galuf
01-28-2018, 01:58 PM
The last time i was excited was probably FF3 since i never played it before and it was in the olden day category so it coudl be good. but actually thats not true. im excited for every patch and expansion of XIV. hell i might say XIV is the reason i dont like XV that much because i cant get a chance to sit down and try it for long before im goign back to XIV

Aulayna
01-30-2018, 12:24 AM
The release of FFXII The Zodiac Age.

I used to get ridiculously excited about FFXIV stuff, but Stormblood never really hooked me in the run-up to it (although tbh I never really had much of a thing for Far East, Samurai's etc, so it was always going to be hard for such a storyline to maintain my interest) and none of the patch trailers so far have given me the "omg must login now" feel I used to get. The game is feeling incredibly stale to me now, just seems like they're going through the motions and iterating on the same stuff, or repackaging the same features under a different name, or just flat out lifting stuff out of competitors and making it far more convoluted. Which is fine, I guess, but it's now... what... 5 years of doing the same formula over and over... I kinda wish they'd push the boat out a bit.

Couldn't care less about Dissidia.

Bubba
02-01-2018, 09:09 AM
I think I get excited for every numbered entry. Nothing that comes close to the build up for FFVIII though. After the previous game and the FMV footage of the ballroom dance I was convinced it was going to be the greatest game of all time.

We all know it wasn't but I still love FFVIII. It was just never going to live up to it's predecessor.