PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl LII

Bubba
02-03-2018, 03:53 PM

It’s that time of year again! The New England Paternity versus the Philadelphia Eggplants.

Will it be six SB wins for Tom Hardy or will the Eggplants spoil the party?

What are are your predictions?

Freya
02-03-2018, 04:37 PM
There's going to be a trailer for season 2 of Westworld and it's all I really care about.

I mean i do have the opinion that the Patriots just need to stop dominating and stop getting to the superbowl EVERY YEAR

Shoeberto
02-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Living in PA, we have some solidarity with the Eagles, even though Philly sports fans are basically IRL incarnations of The Gang from It's Always Sunny.

Plus I just want to see the Pats lose. Like fucking come on already.

Skyblade
02-04-2018, 01:14 AM
Why would anyone watch? The commercials are all online already.

Fox
02-04-2018, 01:52 AM
I feel like we need to move away form roman numerals now we're into the Ls. Let's just accept the fact that roman numbers were meant for tracking things like how many jugs of wine you had, not keeping track of annual events past 50.

CimminyCricket
02-04-2018, 02:44 AM
It's taking place near my home town and I don't care who wins because the Philly fans will destroy the place either way.

Bubba
02-04-2018, 07:04 AM
I feel like we need to move away form roman numerals now we're into the Ls. Let's just accept the fact that roman numbers were meant for tracking things like how many jugs of wine you had, not keeping track of annual events past 50.

No! I’m hoping I’ll still be alive for the numeral mayhem that will be Super Bowl 88.

charliepanayi
02-04-2018, 09:18 AM
Eli Manning is not the Eagles QB, so it's the Patriots to win by 10 I reckon. Hopefully somehow neither team will win though!

The Captain
02-04-2018, 07:14 PM
As a Giants fan, this represents the ultimate trouble. I don't want either team to win frankly. One is an annoyingly dominate rival that we have been the only victor over in the Super Bowl during the Brady era. The other is in our division and I cannot bring myself to root for any other team in the division.

In the end, I'll root for some of the prop bets that are more fun to come through above all else and whichever way it goes, I hope Belicheck retires after this season is over and lets some other teams get in on the fun finally.

Take care all.

Bubba
02-04-2018, 11:29 PM
IT’S OAAAAANNNNN!!!!

Patriots to win by 21. Comfortable.

Bubba
02-05-2018, 12:18 AM
IT’S OAAAAANNNNN!!!!

Patriots to win by 21. Comfortable.

You’re out of your tree, Bubs.

Eagles have this in the bag.

charliepanayi
02-05-2018, 03:20 AM
That was pretty crazy.

Bri
02-05-2018, 03:48 AM
That commercial with Peter Dinkliage though was epic

Denmark
02-05-2018, 03:59 AM
grats to the iggles, but fuck the iggles and fuck the pats

Darth Ganon
02-05-2018, 04:08 AM
Did the ball go?

Psychotic
02-05-2018, 07:18 AM
Did the ball go?fuck dude it sure did

Shoeberto
02-05-2018, 02:40 PM
I was thinking that too. "Super Bowl Lii" looked like it could've been an anime title.

Also I'm surprised I haven't seen much commentary on the weird CG versions of the quarterbacks they kept throwing up on screen. Tom Brady looked like he was ripped from an episode of Xavier: Renegade Angel.

Also - Great game to watch. Super fun all the way through. We skipped the commercials because fuck corporate America. The half-time show was sort of underwhelming; pretty much just Justin Timberlake dancing around (he has great moves, btw) and saying "WOO!" or "C'MON EVERYONE!" every now and again. Good song arrangements though.

Total nailbiter of a game though. And rest in peace, eastern PA. We will rebuild you some day.